Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:20 AM

You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG (42279 Views)

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? / Hot New Free TV Series Download Website Discovered!! / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by gunuvi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obiagelli: Here’s the news in brief: Nigerians who own
television sets will soon have to pay
“annual content access fee” to improve
content and infrastructure of the country’s
broadcasting stations.
The fee is similar to the TV licence paid in
the UK ─ which is used to fund the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
As a result, the BBC does not accept
advertisements in the UK because it is
financed with tax payers’ money.
Government-owned broadcast stations in
Nigeria run on subventions as well as
advertising revenue.
Nigeria currently operates a radio licence
regime which is considered ineffective.
However, the federal government said it
would introduce “content access fee” to
replace radio licence fee ahead of
Nigeria’s migration to digital terrestrial
television broadcasting by 2015.
Information minister Labaran Maku made
this known at the opening of the extra
ordinary meeting of the National Council of
Information (NCI) in Abuja.
Maku said the planned content access fee,
which was currently undergoing final
adjustments, was expected to get the nod
of the federal executive council before the
migration.
He said that government and other
stakeholders would leverage on the new
technology to make the new format more
effective than the archaic radio licence
fees format.
Maku explained: “For a long time radio
licences have not been collected and in
other countries the public broadcast
services are run from fees collected on
broadcast content.
“But unfortunately in our country, the
existing constitutional provision has made
fee collection less effective.
“Now, we are undertaking a new format.
We are taking advantage of the digital
technology and looking beyond sending
people to go from place to place to collect
fees for broadcast content.”
According to him, under this new regime,
anyone seeking access to television content
has to pay an annual content access fee.
The minister outlined some of the
advantages of the new broadcast content
fee collection regime to include improved
financial capability for stakeholders “to
improve content and upgrade
infrastructure”.
He said this would help the Nigeria
Broadcasting Commission and other
stakeholders have access to adequate
funds for sustained upgrade of their
infrastructure for effective service delivery.
On the NCI meeting, Maku said Nigeria
was at crossroads to either transit
smoothly or risk being cut-off from the rest
of the world by June 2015 when the global
migration deadline takes effect.

www.thecable.ng/youll-soon-pay-to-watch-free-tv-at-home
thanks madam but we have stopped to take you serious as you have never posted anything good about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by yehmi01(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
sexzskil: We Africans have already copied everything from the West so what is now the big deal of the government copying common tv tarriff. Nigerians and hypocrity, everything we living on are from the West so what d fvck are the protests about, smh.

What is this one saying.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by mekus74: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
But I was told FM means Free Music. Why do we have to pay for it

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Etizz: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
Yeah mind What u watch now or else u pay for it.....they should go to Ghana n see What their government did for dem.... rubbish.....

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by ironheart(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
Are you saying i should pay to watch political jargons that dont add values to my kids? Nigerian politicians can be very funny.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Prodigalson1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
gunuvi:
thanks madam but we have stopped to take you serious as you have never posted anything good about Nigeria.
thank u sir 4 taking d whole $hit personal.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Youngzedd(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
I comment my reserve.

Observing in Full HD.

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Eyop: 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
seunbadmus: Nah wah for Nigerian government oo. They mean we'll pay for propaganda they feed us with?
Pretty you cool
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Baawaa(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
:PVerY soon we will Paying for generator
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by chibwike(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
mehn cold dey oh

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Cecediva(f): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ok nah...we dey wait
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Marksule(m): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
LIFE DRAMA
NOTHING IS FREE

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 1yanuoluwa(m): 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
FG please spare us the joke!

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by anytexy: 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
I beg Nairalanders help. I no see QUOTE post again o. Any changes in format pls.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 1stola: 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
make thunder fire FG
foolish thieves angry
If I hear say I pay kobo
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by justi4jesu(f): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
anytexy: I beg Nairalanders help. I no see QUOTE post again o. Any changes in format pls.

How can we help u tongue tongue
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Alexsmith20(m): 7:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
if thats how its Gonna be,they better start thinking of bringing more channels,cos i dont think ppl would be willing to pay for channels that they hardly watch.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by teddyflexz: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
Who dy watch dia nonsense b4? mak dem beta close if dy no fit run am again...! undecidedWho dy watch dia nonsense b4? mak dem beta close if dy no fit run am again...!
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by kurt09(m): 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
Won't comment until they implement it. Can't remember the last i watched NTA. Smh

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by chibwike(m): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
anytexy: I beg Nairalanders help. I no see QUOTE post again o. Any changes in format pls.
ur acct neva recover fully 4rm the NL bomb blast.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
What rubbish....SMH

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
the last time i watched NTA was sometime in 1994, jokes apart.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Alexsmith20(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
mekus_74: But I was told FM means Free Music. Why do we have to pay for it
hahaha...free music for your mind, It means "Frequency Modulation"(FM)

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Marksule(m): 7:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Cecediva: Ok nah...we dey wait
HI CUTE GAL
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 1stola: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
learner has been banned.
lol grin
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by amosnaira: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
But all those Oshiomole boys at Benin bypass are still collecting radio fee from innocent motorists and travellers who fall into their hands.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
I never knew we had Comedians in the Federal Government..#ExpensiveJoke

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by akanbiaa(m): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Interesting, so a lot of guys still watch NTA in the era of Channels hmmmm, well not to worry your payment will not be upto DSTV subscription more money into the Politicians pocket an ingenious idea but with soldiers to enforce it I guess Nigerians have no choice it will go the way of Ekiti. All the rice PDP shared in Ekiti you shall all pay for it. Period plus extra for 2015 campaign.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by whitecat007: 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Fasola should not let them try it out in Lagos, it should be tried first in abuja and other pdp states. This is an anti people policy and Apc needs to run with it and make a lot of noise with all their strenght and inform the general public about how this is coming from Jonathan to take away their little television time with famillies and keep them oblivion of what is going on in Nigeria and the rest of the world.

Thieves, you have stolen over $20B and still want to take food off people's mouths.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by hensben(m): 7:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
ah beg when mikel obi n yobo dey land from brazil? i wan tell them something.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by BashBB: 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Me pay to watch NTA?....lai lai....*runs to ATM to withdraw money and buy startimes*

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by stevecantrell: 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
To pay your TV license, direct your browser to

http://quickteller.com/NTA

Or

www.paga.com/maga-geriansalwayspay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: "If I Reason Your Matter, Khafi Na Small Girl"—Venita To Gedoni / Korean Season Film Gist / Tboss Kisses Jon Ogah, 'Fake' Big Brother Naija Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.