Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,564 members, 7,770,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG (42282 Views)

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? / Hot New Free TV Series Download Website Discovered!! / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
With my StarTimes monthly subscription of 1000 naira, I dey gidigba. I get all the stations I love, except CNN.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Owilar(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
Instead 4 dem 2 c hw 2 mk life a little bit cmfortable 2 pple,dey r tryin 2 even gt a little we av and add 2 wat dy had alrdy.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by watchindelta(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
dey no fit! If dey try am em waitin boko haram dey do na small one. Make nigeria take time oh, nobody dey happy oh! Make dey no push ppl to d wall, becuz em, Vex. Yeye men.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by betatalk: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Na wa for this govt
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by betatalk: 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
Na wa for this govt instead of asking nigerians to pay for diGitisation dem won use back door

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by SirAweezy(m): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
seriously this topic suppose dey Joke section... wait, are the leaders ruling from another planet this country is turning to be a big jokeeeee! i dey vex self angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 50calibre(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nigeria is a fo*lish country, the politicians occupy themselves with thoughts of how to fleece the ordinary man of his hard earned money.

The days of TV licensing in the UK are numbered, it's becoming unfeasible to enforce it, given the rise in mobile technology, People now watch television on their mobile devices.

Nigerians should learn to emulate good aspects of foreign culture, not the obsolete ones. Looking at NTA, it's hard to believe is TV station of the 21st century, it looks like something straight out of the 70s.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by seunlicious: 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
What a shame, what happens to all their profit oriented ideology (Privatization, Commercialization and so on). A lot of people no longer watch NTA programmes for so many reason I.e. Poor picture and sound quality, poor level of creativity, poor news reporting and so on not to talk listening to radio Nigeria. The staff of NTA and FRCN will be more redundant and less creative... Anyway it has always been square peg in a round hole, I'm not surprise. Very soon we will have to be paying access fee to carry mobile phone in other to bring dead and buried NITEL. Too many daft people in power. God Bless Naija.

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by hermesprogidy(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
Another silly and thoughtless policy by the nigerian govt. This is just like the 70% tariff increase on imported vehicles . Whenever they want to implement a dumb idea, they point to the West or Asia , but they will never put the necessary infrastructures in place. Make I see person wey go enter my house come collect licence. Na my alsatian dog go attend to am.. Useless government.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 9jatatafo(m): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Very soon govt go ask for "Air-Use-Charge". When it comes to doing good works they are clueless but when it comes to thievery they are superb. Demo-stration-of-crazy
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by olatunde1234: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
I dont know what nigerians will enjoy from all the wealth God gave us, we provide power by ourself, water by ourself, security by ourself, we buy fuel with high price, now it's pay before you watch tv, this country need total revolution

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Sophiatabitha(f): 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
Wetin concern. I dey watch TV. Wetin be nta sef.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
This is what my guy sent me on BBM

Pay to watch NTA? Nna eh, Their news fake even people casting da news na fake people smhh

cheesy
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by bigtt76(f): 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
Crase pipo grin me to pay tax to fund NTA dat always carray useless news and other PDP rallies, fuel my generator to watch dem? Except they government force it through DSTV and Startime TV subscriptions ...it ain't gonna work. Let them go ask NEPA if they successfully captured all electricity users in the country grin
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Tripleclick(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2014
grin grin we will soon start paying to wake up every morning,, people of no ambition
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by guttentag(m): 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
Our Nigeria Government Bad ooO
Dem no want poor Man to chop ooO
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obiagelli: pay to sponsor Nta? God forbid. All this government knows how to do is make people pay more for nothing. Phcn, fuel, Npa, Custom duty, Faan and many more.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by obiComingsoon(m): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pay fire....I fink sey jesus christ our lord don already pay d price.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by sholikay(m): 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pavore9: hmm..l pity those who will be sent to enforce it. Chemist go sell.
hahahahahahahehehehu chei!, bros i tel u..shey sum area wey b say na 1ce in a while dm dy get light or fit fuel dm generator go kum pay d fee..pay fire..i swear chemist shop go full every area nw..lol
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by roqrules04(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
make I kukuma dey watch my Gotv dey go.. who cares if NTA no dey show mtcheww.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 0nyegame(m): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Na madness dey worry dem
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by rugggedest(m): 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
E don be for the implementers of this law
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by ewosk: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
wait which stations are they saying i will pay to watch...
DRTV abi B.C.O.S
hmmm they dey 'dream'...
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by cosajadi: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pavore9: hmm..l pity those who will be sent to enforce it. Chemist go sell.
Infact, chemists go sell well well self. Make I see anybody for my dormot dey ask me for useless money.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 0nyegame(m): 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
delishpot: I hope dem go copy british educational system and healthcare system next. I also hope dem go coppy british social infrastructural policy next too. The only time our leaders dey copy foriegn style na only if e go bring money into their pockets. Any foreign style of government wey go make our leaders no see plenty to loot no dey welcome by them.
Just dey look o, if dem hear say western country president add to him allawee, dem sef go pass am for senate say look America, look Britain all their leaders don add ontop allawee and we sef need to add ontop our own too. but if Obama give away him salary to orphanage our leaders go do ears as if dem no hear and do eyes as if dem no read am for news.
Shior, make dem do. Dem go don calculate their interest for this new law tey tey.
u are so on point my dear,that mind those so-called our leader that are misleading their selves
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Rexnegro(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
seriously our rulers need factory reset slap...
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by leisuretym: 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obiagelli: pay to sponsor Nta? God forbid. All this government knows how to do is make people pay more for nothing. Phcn, fuel, Npa, Custom duty, Faan and many more.

The government be like"

Hehehehehe, all these for looting!! We will loot the poor until we are tired!
At least they have no choice, silifat my babe will be in charge of the loots!
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by tandj: 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
Lol!
Whenever I need to know the happenings in naija, nairaland is there to satisfy me.
For yrs now I've not watched nta and her sisters.
So how will they enforce it?
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Hasselbaink: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obiagelli: Here’s the news in brief: Nigerians who own
television sets will soon have to pay
“annual content access fee” to improve
content and infrastructure of the country’s
broadcasting stations.
The fee is similar to the TV licence paid in
the UK ─ which is used to fund the British
Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
As a result, the BBC does not accept
advertisements in the UK because it is
financed with tax payers’ money.
Government-owned broadcast stations in
Nigeria run on subventions as well as
advertising revenue.
Nigeria currently operates a radio licence
regime which is considered ineffective.
However, the federal government said it
would introduce “content access fee” to
replace radio licence fee ahead of
Nigeria’s migration to digital terrestrial
television broadcasting by 2015.
Information minister Labaran Maku made
this known at the opening of the extra
ordinary meeting of the National Council of
Information (NCI) in Abuja.
Maku said the planned content access fee,
which was currently undergoing final
adjustments, was expected to get the nod
of the federal executive council before the
migration.
He said that government and other
stakeholders would leverage on the new
technology to make the new format more
effective than the archaic radio licence
fees format.
Maku explained: “For a long time radio
licences have not been collected and in
other countries the public broadcast
services are run from fees collected on
broadcast content.
“But unfortunately in our country, the
existing constitutional provision has made
fee collection less effective.
“Now, we are undertaking a new format.
We are taking advantage of the digital
technology and looking beyond sending
people to go from place to place to collect
fees for broadcast content.”
According to him, under this new regime,
anyone seeking access to television content
has to pay an annual content access fee.
The minister outlined some of the
advantages of the new broadcast content
fee collection regime to include improved
financial capability for stakeholders “to
improve content and upgrade
infrastructure”.
He said this would help the Nigeria
Broadcasting Commission and other
stakeholders have access to adequate
funds for sustained upgrade of their
infrastructure for effective service delivery.
On the NCI meeting, Maku said Nigeria
was at crossroads to either transit
smoothly or risk being cut-off from the rest
of the world by June 2015 when the global
migration deadline takes effect.

www.thecable.ng/youll-soon-pay-to-watch-free-tv-at-home

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by toprealman: 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2014

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by leisuretym: 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Our leaders obviously have no 1naira sense,
The oyibos that tricked them to made this laws have economy benefit to derive from this policy
Now, they will be able to wipe out all analogue broadcasting equipment and receivers thereby creating market for the digital one which they are the sole producer of, we will start importing new set of equipment for TV stations and the poor who only use old TV must now buy new ones, every house must now buy decoder or TV with an inbuilt digital system, what will a poor man gain from this? Why not formulate policies that will promote local content for export too? What do we have to gain from this? Must it be compulsory
for both rich and poor? Where is the light/power to even watch the TV?

Did I say our leaders? Sorry! I mean Our Looters!
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by prof800(m): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
ojimbo: we have problems of unbalanced mentality, you got a news from a strange website, you could not wait to verify if its realy true. I know that our federal govt is not to foolish to impose such law
"You know that your federal govt is not too foolish to impose such law."?
Are you sure about that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: "If I Reason Your Matter, Khafi Na Small Girl"—Venita To Gedoni / Korean Season Film Gist / Tboss Kisses Jon Ogah, 'Fake' Big Brother Naija Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.