Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:31 AM

You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG (42280 Views)

Will You Pay To Watch A Nigerian Cinema Movie? / Hot New Free TV Series Download Website Discovered!! / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by myola777(m): 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
sexzskil: We Africans have already copied everything from the West so what is now the big deal of the government copying common tv tarriff. Nigerians and hypocrities, everything we living on are from the West.
your comments always have k-legs
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Mfemi53(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
No light sef so forget it. I aint paying to watch Nta.

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by 50calibre(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Tinkybabe:

You just talk through your arse sometimes..days of TV licensing numbered in the UK indeed..TV licence is not limited to owning or watching a television set .. As long as you're steaming a live broadcast on any device including mobile phones, tablets and computers, you have to pay for a TV licence and God help you if you're discovered not to have been paying it.

If Nigerians want development, the masses would have to bear the brunt for a while..
No doubt our govt officials are exploiters but all things being equal bear in mind that no pain no gain..The most important thing is getting the worth of what's being paid for.

Shut up!!! You should reason before you talk not the other way round. I doubt you understood my comments before opening your mouth to talk sh*t.

I said given the rise in mobile technology, it's becoming very unfeasible to enforce TV licensing and that's a solid fact. Many people (including myself) watch television on their mobile phones and tablets when on the move, how the hell is some idi*ot going to stop me & ask me for a licence?

The enforcement unit in charge are underfunded and finding it difficult to keep up. They no longer visit like they used to, all they do is send threatening letters & when you tell them you don't have a television, they promise to show up unannounced for verification, but in most cases, never do.

It says watching live or recorded TV programmes on a TV or device but if they don't find a TV in your house, I'm afraid there nothing they can do about it.

The days of TV license in the UK are numbered, first there have been call to scrap it, now they're in the process of de-criminalising non payment. It's only matter of time before it's scrapped all together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2550968/Scrap-TV-licence-public-support-BBC-fall-cliff-warns-ex-Crimewatch-host-Nick-Ross.html

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26727068

Next time don't be too quick to show off ignorance

3 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by SkinnyDude(m): 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Pavore9: hmm..l pity those who will be sent to enforce it. Chemist go sell.
u bad o! As in broken heads!
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by jokingmary(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Una don cry finish Nigerian leaders put into law whatever they believe is right for them and not what is right for u guyz or the masses..... incase u have guns, matchets, acids, etc, this is the time to use them on the ugly sons of camels who will be enforcing them
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by xplorefilm: 6:33am On Jul 07, 2014
sexzskil: We Africans have already copied everything from the West so what is now the big deal of the government copying common tv tarriff. Nigerians and hypocrities, everything we living on are from the West.
If I find anyone as f.oo.lish as you then that person should be hanged

2 Likes

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by tylesh(f): 7:59am On Jul 07, 2014
They should give us light first

1 Like

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Vegasailin: 11:03am On Jul 07, 2014
You always copy foreigners but did U copy their education system,Governance,Electricity Supply and the rest?....God will punish you One after the other

Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by muskham(f): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2014
Every penny made through T.V license in the UK is giving back to the masses one way or the others. E.g deal or no deal, tipping point. Etc. However if the government of Nigeria wish and want to implement charges on TV owners then she should endeavor to copy the UK to the fullest. Which is collect and give back.
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by greatgeo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Obiagelli: pay to sponsor Nta? God forbid. All this government knows how to do is make people pay more for nothing. Phcn, fuel, Npa, Custom duty, Faan and many more.
have they forgotten that in those countries they pay their unemployed graduate and even other from such taxes here is only them so where do they want us to get d money from?
Re: You’ll Soon Have To Pay To Watch ‘free’ TV At Home- FG by Qoaki3k: 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
get

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: "If I Reason Your Matter, Khafi Na Small Girl"—Venita To Gedoni / Korean Season Film Gist / Tboss Kisses Jon Ogah, 'Fake' Big Brother Naija Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.