Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji (27811 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Genevieve Nnaji: A True Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by anonimi: 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
bigsam360: Nollywood Director, Mac Collins Chidebe has reacted to the recent comment by movie star, Geneveive Nnaji where she said the quality of stories in the industry was responsible for her rare appearance in movies lately. Recall that Geneveive told punch that;

“I guess I haven’t found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script. In the beginning, the movie industry emphasized quantity but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend. I am among the people who advocate for the improvement of the industry. So, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in.

I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practised my art in international & professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterized Nollywood in the past.”

Genevieve is so on point!
Rather than Mac Collins Chidebe & other Nollywood directors feeling injured they should view her comments as a call to REFLECT on improving the quality of their scripts and story line.
The way forward is collaboration with talented script writers and ADAPTING very popular and MEANINGFUL Nigerian novels for the screen.
The days of one person having ALL the credits- produced/directed/written/acted etc by should be over.
That is NOT how it is done in Hollywood that we aspire to compete with, abi

The fact that she PASSED THROUGH Nollywood to the new heights she has attained is not a reason for her to BRING HOME the lessons and good initiatives she has been exposed to outside Nollywood.

And no oyinbo person wey get two heads....not even one & a quarter head sef angry

5 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Ishilove: 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
myspnigeria: she was totally taken out of context
I concur. The director's rant smacks of inferiority complex. Genny spoke the raw truth and he reacted the way you react when jolted by electricity. Abeg the guy should shut it and improve on the quality of their scripts abeg.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
anonimi:

Genevieve is so on point.
Rather than Mac Collins Chidebe & other Nollywood directors feeling injured they should view her comments as a call to REFLECT on improving the quality of their scripts and story line.
The way forward is collaboration with talented script writers and ADAPTING very popular and MEANINGFUL Nigerian novels for the screen.
The days of one person having ALL the credits- produced/directed/written/acted by should be over.
That is NOT how it is done in Hollywood that we aspire to compete with, abi

The fact that she PASSED THROUGH Nollywood to the new heights she has attained is not a reason for her to BRING HOME the lessons and good initiatives she has been exposed to outside Nollywood.

And no oyinbo person wey get two heads....not even one & a quarter head sef angry
You are 100% correct. It is high time someone adapted 'Things Fall Apart' into a movie.

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by 190: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
I have never liked this gennevive or waheva her name is from day 1 and she just proved it again

very silly p.u.n.k.a.z.z ugly mura undecided

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by LogansShadow: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
She's just so fvcking right and the |d|otic movie director,whatever his name is,should quit whining like a grandma,direct his frustration and anger to his fellow directors and try to get the msg "stop making movies with crappy storylines!" Into their thick,empty,non-creative skull.

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by OBB77(m): 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Y is too difficult for people to accept d fact. Every discerning mind can tell dat mist of d films churned out every minute frm Nollywood r bereft of ideas and techiniques. I expected d "director" -who is actualy a glorified set assistant, to take up d challenge improve rather than resort to name calling. Granted she had been guilty of starring in such bland productions in d past, bt must she continue in darkness nw dat she has seen d light? Its called enlightenment. If it wil take to select her scripts to preserve wateva name she thunks she has made, so b it.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by ibietela2(m): 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
What is Nollywood?
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Dygeasy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Danhumprey: This Genevieve Nnaji is one hell of a proud and arrogant lady!
To you every lady is proud lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Dygeasy(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Genny is sincerely not wrong.

What stupid fingers is she biting that fed her? That's a very silly expression?

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by GPA5: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
THE PROSTITUTE(GENEVIEVE ) IS STILL A LEARNER IN COMPARISON WITH OMOTOLA JOLADE.

#DBANJ HAS SERVICED HER RABBIT HOLE SEVERELY.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Orikinla(m): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
No comment.
But even no comment is a comment. grin

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by femikay149(m): 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy: by not taking part in the mediocre movies being produced she is doing her own part to develop Nollywood,if every actor behave like her by avoiding those meaningless movies...the script writers and directors will improve on their movies.movies are being made within days,with as low as N10,000 and you see reputable actors taking part in meanngless movies,they put their pctures on the posters givng you the impression that its gonna be a good movie and when you start watching you get so disappointed.

You people should stop castigating her,someone has to speak the truth...

Oh...i forgot, Nigerans dont want to hear the truth.

And just for the record...that lady s not proud at all,she is a very responsible and modest lady.over the years she has carred herself wth dignity and has not been involved n any kind of mess like some other actresses.calling her arrogant is out of sheer jealousy.

You are telling me u can make movies with 10,000 naira...u can lie oooo
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by ifysimple(f): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Genny is very much right.
How can they be moving backwards instead of growing. Isnt it the responsibilities of the producers to improve the industry?
Because the industry made her then she should not say the truth?
There are some good old actors i see in some movies play a kind of roles that i even become angry with them for even accepting such acting. haba

4 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by publicenemy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
femikay149:

You are telling me u can make movies with 10,000 naira...u can lie oooo

Thats just an exageration ...lolz
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nonsense, i dont knw whom she is forming familarity for.....
I sense pride order than maturity in her statement.

I keep and will keep saying this:
when u knw u cannot add to or improve a situation, why condemn it? If Nollywood isn't improving today, d architects of d Insdustry re to be blamed which includes Genevieve... So, she better stop ranting & introduced new techniques she feels she knw rather than take them elsewhere..
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Sike(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Danhumprey: This Genevieve Nnaji is one hell of a proud and arrogant lady!
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy: by not taking part in the mediocre movies being produced she is doing her own part to develop Nollywood,if every actor behave like her by avoiding those meaningless movies...the script writers and directors will improve on their movies.movies are being made within days,with as low as N10,000 and you see reputable actors taking part in meanngless movies,they put their pctures on the posters givng you the impression that its gonna be a good movie and when you start watching you get so disappointed.

And just for the record...that lady s not proud at all,she is a very responsible and modest lady.over the years she has carred herself wth dignity and has not been involved n any kind of mess like some other actresses.calling her arrogant is out of sheer jealousy.

you said my mind. nice write up.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2014

why did she not avoid script in the past? You think she is not aware all this time that nollywood is not upto standard yet,Make hunger wire her...bunch of ingrates.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by chronique(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
I feel most of the people who read this article and are criticizing her,are either too dull to read and comprehend an article,or are just too dumb to reason properly.

How many Nigerian movies are being premiered in the cinemas in Nigeria today? Many people go to the cinemas to see movies and majority of what the cinemas have to offer,are foreign movies;why? Is it because we don't produce movies often?;no. The quality of majority of movies being produced are not up to standard. That's why you have just a few Nigerian movies being shown at the cinemas. For an industry rated as the 3rd largest movie industry in the world,we should have more nollywood movies being shown at our cinemas,compared to foreign movies.

Genevieve aint criticizing the industry as far as I'm concerned. She's only speaking the truth as to what she sees. She has done big Nigerian movies that are of international standard and can't go back to what she's been doing before. That's what you call developement. She's passed the level of doing movies where the entire budget is 500k and everything is shot under 1 week. The upcoming acts can use such movies to climb up and groom themselves. I love to see people take pride in their work,and work for the quality;not for the money alone. I'm not a popular person in the entertainment industry,yet,I have turned down the opportunity to shoot videos,promote/produce songs,and manage several acts,mainly because I felt their jobs were too mediocre to be identified with. A lot of friends have said I'm not alright cos I turn down opportunities to make money but I keep telling them,it's not just about the money;it's about the total package(the end product). I wouldn't want to be identified with something I'm not proud of,or cannot defend in public.

People should understand that some people might do certain things just cos they need money but when they realise that quality is more important,they decide to adjust. A wack script won't do an actress like Genny,any good and it's better she turns such down.

One more thing,not everybody should be a producer or director. There are too many quacks in several professions cos people who are not properly trained to certain roles,wanna play them. Not every good actor or actress should be a director. I love people who know how to stick to what they know how to do best,and excel in it.

3 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nonso23: Typical Nigerians.

Always quick to attack the person whilst comfortably ignoring the valid points she raised?

Who amongst us here do not consider Nollywood movies substandard?
Isn't that what she said?

Then what's with the personal insults?
yes everbody is aware of it including genny but u don't have to condemn ur profession in the public instead try to make ur little impact for it to grow.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by lilprinze: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
she iz ryt nollywood iz concerned abt quantity and nt quality day would jx b releasing film every day filmz dat lack quality sum tymz i wonder weather d moviz directors use to watch American films nd c hw dy take tym(years ) to produce jx 1 film bt in 9ja within 1 month we will finish producing 2 films datz below quality
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nonso23: Typical Nigerians.

Always quick to attack the person whilst comfortably ignoring the valid points she raised?

Who amongst us here does not consider Nollywood movies substandard?
Isn't that what she said?

Then what's with the direct insults?
yes everybody is aware of it including genny but u don't have to condemn ur profession in public instead try to make ur little contribution to it...she is just been proud n arrogant.#typical nigerian.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by anitank(f): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
I don't see anything Geneieve said there that's offensive. Do they expect her to star in every of those classless movies they produce everyday in the name of improving nollywood?? If every actress reject those useless scripts given to them, I'm sure both the producers and directors would have sort a way of producing more quality movies.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by anitank(f): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
hensben: yes everybody is aware of it including genny but u don't have to condemn ur profession in public instead try to make ur little contribution to it...she is just been proud n arrogant.
Can you point out where exactly in her sentences she condemned nollywood??
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by publicenemy(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
hensben: why did she not avoid script in the past? You think she is not aware all this time that nollywood is not upto standard yet,Make hunger wire her...bunch of ingrates.

Yes like you said..."in the past". We are suposed to be moving forward not backwards.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
lilprinze: she iz ryt nollywood iz concerned abt quantity and nt quality day would jx b releasing film every day filmz dat lack quality sum tymz i wonder weather d moviz directors use to watch American films nd c hw dy take tym(years ) to produce jx 1 film bt in 9ja within 1 month we will finish producing 2 films datz below quality
so u are comparing hollywood standard to nollywood, mr hollywood comprises of the whole world so they are not hungry for quick money rather a quality film unlike nollywood.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by roxell120(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
kossyablaze: Itz quite appauling...she's an ingrate!
not only "appauling" but paulina.itiboribo insulting my Gene in an illiterate language.Gene only expresses her escension not descension in d industry.she cant play a local girl in a movie anymore.thats class! Get it?
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy:

Yes like you said..."in the past". We are suposed to be moving forward not backwards.
lol,you see your reasoning smh, nigeria mentality, and you guys want to have a better nigeria with this type of thinking.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by justi4jesu(f): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
She is very right or do you expect her to take a role in a movie titled "BLACKBERRY BABES".......Ewwwwww

Its not her thingy Duhhhhh....

Haters should bite themselves tongue tongue
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Genevieve is rite jare! Its not her fault dat she is mentally ahead of dose wack writers and directors in nollywood.

The best she can do for dem is encourage dem to get more training. Abi na she go come train dem join? She is not yet a producer or director so der is little she can do except she wants to.

Howeva nollywood has to improve. Dia movies are just total crap. This 2014 for crying out loud.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
justi4jesu: She is very right or do you expect her to take a role in a movie titled "BLACKBERRY BABES".......Ewwwwww

Its not her thingy Duhhhhh....

Haters should bite themselves tongue tongue
not taking a role, you guys are not getting it.

nigerians! always view things with sentiment instead of neutral mind, fyi, i like genny but she is not suppose tocondemn the industry in public, thats my point n this producer too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stars Of 'The Wedding Party' In Dubai For Shoot (Read Plot) / Which Website Do U Download Movies From?? / 50 Cent To Make A Movie Series About Hushpuppi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.