Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji (27810 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Genevieve Nnaji: A True Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by roxell120(m): 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
GPA5: THE PROSTITUTE(GENEVIEVE ) IS STILL A LEARNER IN COMPARISON WITH OMOTOLA JOLADE.

#DBANJ HAS SERVICED HER RABBIT HOLE SEVERELY.
frustrated and poor e goat, na she do u?

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by billcosby: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lol
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by vislabraye(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
NW is becoming too stereotype and monotonous. I think she's right to some extent, that is if she hasn't become too proud. She has featured in some good NW movies of recent, namely mirror boy. If the quality of NW, movies improve, more people will want to watch it.

But I think the director is coming from another angle.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by bist: 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
Danhumprey: This Genevieve Nnaji is one hell of a proud and arrogant lady!

Wat a shame to That's damn bi.tch!
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Missmossy(f): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
He is right! She has indeed bitten the fingers that fed her.

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by goldenvicky(f): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Prowizy2: She's right to some extent. . Too many shity movies now in Nollywood. . what da hell is "Ashawo Bar-Beach" ? angry
u neva see ashawo enugu b4 u dey talk,Genny no lie. u can't compare d movies of den to nw.Nollywood is nt growin at all
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
roxell120: not only "appauling" but paulina.itiboribo insulting my Gene in an illiterate language.Gene only expresses her escension not descension in d industry.she cant play a local girl in a movie anymore.thats class! Get it?
abeg let me hear word.make she stop acting for 5 years now if hunger nor wire her, oh! she go run back to her runz girl work for abuja, who nor know say na runz girl she be(atiku)...as if she get class...na omotola go dey talk about class.

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Coldfeet(f): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy: by not taking part in the mediocre movies being produced she is doing her own part to develop Nollywood,if every actor behave like her by avoiding those meaningless movies...the script writers and directors will improve on their movies.movies are being made within days,with as low as N10,000 and you see reputable actors taking part in meanngless movies,they put their pctures on the posters givng you the impression that its gonna be a good movie and when you start watching you get so disappointed.

You people should stop castigating her,someone has to speak the truth...

Oh...i forgot, Nigerans dont want to hear the truth.

And just for the record...that lady s not proud at all,she is a very responsible and modest lady.over the years she has carred herself wth dignity and has not been involved n any kind of mess like some other actresses.calling her arrogant is out of sheer jealousy.
Gbam! Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by shejane: 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ada can't continue to be a girl, Genny has pass the stage of acting anything given to her

The director should prove her wrong with good movies instead of saying rubbish

No matter how you look at life, life na stages jire

If you don't move in life, you better ask yourself good question

Genny pls move higher, you can do it

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by musicwriter(m): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
What Nnaji did is right!. It's called constructive criticism, and there's nothing wrong with that. She do not hate nollywood now. Of course she still love nollywood but having gone far and wide seeing the world of movie production is simply asking them to sit up. That's already a contribution.
We've gone past the days of "Nneka the beautiful serpent" and "living in bondage". Yet, in those days they had a better story line than today which is what she was pointing out, whereas, to be honest I will say there've been rather a significant qualitative improvement on the part of actors/actresses.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by kaima1984(f): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
LesbianBoy: Now i understand why my nollywood movie producer friend(he is popular!) doesn't pity and sleeps with up-coming actresses no matter how 'good' they are in acting! grin grin grin grin According to him if they(female actresses) become 'stars' tomorrow they would become proud and start 'looking down' on the finger that fed them! See this MUMU and VERY UGLY girl called genevieve. Is it not the same nollywood that she is condeming that made her? Didn't she realise it was mediocre when she was up-coming? Now she is there talking nansense! *sighs* angry
Must u abuse her bf ur points are made?
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chai! Poor genny,c as ppl wey misunderstand u don curse you tire.
I dnt care bt any 9ja movie dat dnt hv d followin in dia cast list.genny,osuofia,joke slvia,&olu jacob.
#teamgenny#
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by shejane: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Is just like asking mikel to go back and play for Enyimba knowing fully well that Enyimba made him but he has pass that level, that's life hate it or love it people with ambition intend to pursue it and don't blame them for doing that just because you can't pursue yours.

Nollywood need to improve like seriously

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy: by not taking part in the mediocre movies being produced she is doing her own part to develop Nollywood,if every actor behave like her by avoiding those meaningless movies...the script writers and directors will improve on their movies.movies are being made within days,with as low as N10,000 and you see reputable actors taking part in meanngless movies,they put their pctures on the posters givng you the impression that its gonna be a good movie and when you start watching you get so disappointed.

You people should stop castigating her,someone has to speak the truth...

Oh...i forgot, Nigerans dont want to hear the truth.

And just for the record...that lady s not proud at all,she is a very responsible and modest lady.over the years she has carred herself wth dignity and has not been involved n any kind of mess like some other actresses.calling her arrogant is out of sheer jealousy.
100billion likes for you. Nigerians don't like to upgrade, we like fake and same old things in everything we do. is time we start doing things in a quality and best way. leave dis fake things to other African countries to be handling, while we go to the next level.

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by kaima1984(f): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
One problem with 9ja is dat we dislike truth,once d truth is pronounced it is tagged pompous/arrogant,wat she said is very correct,instead of nollywood to upgrade dey are degrading,am tired of watching similar/same movies with different names

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by 0nyegame(m): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
That Nnaji of lady is very stupid by commenting that trash
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Danhumprey: This Genevieve Nnaji is one hell of a proud and arrogant lady!
ohkay, kill yourself

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by eltata(m): 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
For genny to say dis I tink she is out of her senses. Nollywood made her and if she feels she is bigger dan nollywood now let her go to hollywood..The other ladies such as Rita Dominic, Uche jumbo etc re tyrin to give back to nollywood with quality production and directing. Egoism is now the order of the day wen all these actresses becomes popular and start making millions. No local Naija celeb can be bigger than Nollywood.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by DarryOsh(m): 4:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
Csami: But she self no get shame, she is suppose to be a director now.

This statement is based on the presupposition that there is a ladder in the movie industry : from costumier to actress and then u graduate to directing. That is wrong. If what u know how to do is act then stick to it. When she tried singing and e no make sense u guys dey yab am. Now u want her to direct so that you can have something to laugh about abi?

So u want her to scamper of to new York film academy like all our nollywood actors, some of whom have zero passion for directing. I don't think Sandra bullock, meryl streep etc have directed any movies. It's thise same nonsense mentality that drives our artistes to run and establish record labels after just one hit track.

Dunno y people just 'pretend' to hate geneveive. You know she is good and when her next film comes out you will still make sure you watch it. Abeg she spoke the truth joor. She cannot b dragging roles with the 'waka pass'. She has paid her dues.

And as for that director that calls her an ingrate, did they pay her for doing nothing? Was her face not selling their movies? It's business. They both benefitted from it. So he should stop making it sound like she was a charity case he took on.
I tire for naija people o. Una no like to dey hear true talk.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by DarryOsh(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
hensben: abeg let me hear word.make she stop acting for 5 years now if hunger nor wire her, oh! she go run back to her runz girl work for abuja, who nor know say na runz girl she be(atiku)...as if she get class...na omotola go dey talk about class.

You r such a hater.!

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by zurine(f): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
hmm
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Happywoman(f): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yadayadayadadayda
U can say all these now cos she didn't com back grovelling ap ur feet for roles after u banned her and RMD, Omotola and co!
See ehen, truthe is they have moved on to greater tins. Deal with it!

bigsam360: Nollywood Director, Mac Collins Chidebe has reacted to the recent comment by movie star, Geneveive Nnaji where she said the quality of stories in the industry was responsible for her rare appearance in movies lately. Recall that Geneveive told punch that;

“I guess I haven’t found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script. In the beginning, the movie industry emphasized quantity but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend. I am among the people who advocate for the improvement of the industry. So, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in.

I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practised my art in international & professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterized Nollywood in the past.”

In his response, Mac Collins Chidebe dissed the Actress for ‘biting the fingers that once fed her” and advised her to help improve the movie industry rather than do nothing.

“Genevieve has just insulted the industry that made her who she is today and what effort has she made to help improve Nollywood? Those days in Enugu when Genevieve was growing in Nollywood, our movies were not rubbish; she has grown now, made money, fame, popularity e.t.c.
How much has she invested in this Industry that made her?

” All the while she was busy waiting for Titanic scripts, Nollywood was trying their best to keep the flag flying waiting for her to come back and take the industry to the next level. Artistes should stop biting the fingers that fed them. We are watching and waiting for them to bring down heaven.

We made them stars; we are waiting for them to come back and take the industry to the next level. Instead of blasting Nollywood, come and improve Nollywood.” Chidebe said

http://www.naijaxclusive.com/2014/07/movie-director-blasts-genevieve-nnaji.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&m=1
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
in those days nollywood were doing great bt now wat do we see kukere babes, ss3 students rubbish dat d reason why Jim iyke hit on them in his last interview
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hmmmm well as for me I think dey were both right nd also wrong, genny was right abt nollywoods backwardness but was wrong abt d way she said it. Or even sayin it @ all cos she is a part of nollywood or isn't dere y dey have actor s guild of Nigeria. Wat r dier meetins for. Wat exactly is d guild for. I think she nd oda notable actors shuld sit wit those operatin d guild and find out wat dey represent. Cos I bliv dey r supposed to make d industry beta. If not she can't blame d producers. Wat does she want dem to produce in Nigeria. Wen we buy cds 100 bucks nd 5percent of d masses go to d cinema. Our nollywood can neva b compared to hollywood. We don't even have a city called nollywood were pips don't have to stand and watch a car hit van vicker. Lol. I think instead of dem squabblin nd sayin she s ungrateful dey shuld all sit down and work towards movin d industry to d next level. Only den can genny be proud. D so called producer will b proud nd we might stop watchin game of thrones nd d rest. Soon I hope. My 2 cents
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Danhumprey: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
akitijackson: ohkay, kill yourself
undecidedundecided
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by 4reigningqueen: 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
they have left mikel its now the turn of genevieve.
Nonsense set of human beings!!!
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thank God you are not spitting today abi you don born? cheesy

LesbianBoy: Now i understand why my nollywood movie producer friend(he is popular!) doesn't pity and sleeps with up-coming actresses no matter how 'good' they are in acting! grin grin grin grin According to him if they(female actresses) become 'stars' tomorrow they would become proud and start 'looking down' on the finger that fed them! See this MUMU and VERY UGLY girl called genevieve. Is it not the same nollywood that she is condeming that made her? Didn't she realise it was mediocre when she was up-coming? Now she is there talking nansense! *sighs* angry
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Ikenna94: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
See god no go punish this longtime spinster o, she dey crase ? How can she say dat a whole nollywood is mediocre ? Wat will I be doing in my spare time without d likes of ime bishop umoh, chinwetalu agu, Mr ibu, dede one day or. Victor osuagwu and amaechi muonagor and dis dbanj mistress is here talking nonsense as if any Hollywood director has casted her in a movie that apperes in Broadway. Mtcheww abeg genie park well joor. When nollywood is ranked 3rd in d world is it genevieve dat is begging for roles in albino oyibo movies dat we will mind
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Don't mind him,he is always like that especially if the person being criticised is Igbo.
I am no Genny fan because she seems like an arrogant person but in terms of class,she nailed it with simplicity(the way she dresses and carries herself) unlike Omotola(beyonce wanna be) who is trying too hard to be in everybody's face just to be noticed and appreciated but Genny don't beg for likes. Imagine Omotola acting in that silly movie called Beyonce vs Rihanna. Even the stupid Jim Iyke criticising nollywood acted in that movie.

DarryOsh:

You r such a hater.!
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Peppyluv: Don't mind him,he is always like that especially if the person being criticised is Igbo.
I am no Genny fan because she seems like an arrogant person but in terms of class,she nailed it with simplicity(the way she dresses and carries herself) unlike Omotola(beyonce wanna be) who is trying too hard to be everybody's face just to be noticed and appreciated but Genny don't beg for likes. Imagine Omotola acting in that silly movie called Beyonce vs Rihanna. Even the stupid Jim Iyke criticising nollywood acted in that movie.

grin you know i am a troll on this forum but of a ruth, genny nor try for that talk. i like her though
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Csami(m): 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
DarryOsh:

This statement is based on the presupposition that there is a ladder in the movie industry : from costumier to actress and then u graduate to directing. That is wrong. If what u know how to do is act then stick to it. When she tried singing and e no make sense u guys dey yab am. Now u want her to direct so that you can have something to laugh about abi?

So u want her to scamper of to new York film academy like all our nollywood actors, some of whom have zero passion for directing. I don't think Sandra bullock, meryl streep etc have directed any movies. It's thise same nonsense mentality that drives our artistes to run and establish record labels after just one hit track.

Dunno y people just 'pretend' to hate geneveive. You know she is good and when her next film comes out you will still make sure you watch it. Abeg she spoke the truth joor. She cannot b dragging roles with the 'waka pass'. She has paid her dues.

And as for that director that calls her an ingrate, did they pay her for doing nothing? Was her face not selling their movies? It's business. They both benefitted from it. So he should stop making it sound like she was a charity case he took on.
I tire for naija people o. Una no like to dey hear true talk.

Well that one concern people wey dey watch nollywood, not a fan and never will i be. Me thinks she should upgrade. She has the resources, talent, why can't she go into directing? She mustn't write the script, all she has to do is supervise or she should use her resources and influence and move the industry forward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stars Of 'The Wedding Party' In Dubai For Shoot (Read Plot) / Which Website Do U Download Movies From?? / The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.