Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. (18119 Views)

Kaduna Government Seeks Death Sentence For 50 Shiite Members / Kaduna Govt. Seeks Death Sentence For 50 Shiite Members / Five Ex-permanent Secretaries To Face Trial For Alleged Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by hensben(m): 3:26am On Jul 06, 2014
By AbdulSalam Muhammad

KANO State Government has charged the 14-year-old bride, suspected to have killed her husband and three others in April, with culpable homicide punishable by death.
The development followed the withdrawal of the case that has attracted local and international attention from the juvenile court to a Kano State High Court over what judicial sources attributed to “lack of jurisdiction by the lower court”.
The charge sheet obtained by Sunday Vanguard, entitled, “Application to prefer a charge under Section 185(B) of the Criminal Procedure code Cap.105 Laws of Kano State 1991, signed on behalf of the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice by a Senior State Counsel in the ministry, Lamido A Soron Dinki, lined seven prosecution witnesses.
The three-page documents stated inter alia: “By the power conferred upon the Attorney General of Kano State of Nigeria under Section 211(1) (a) (b) and (c) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and Section 7 of the Criminal Procedure Code Law Cap. 37 Laws of Kano State which delegate powers, I do hereby seek, under Criminal Procedure Code, to charge for trial of Wasila Tasiu”.
The charge sheet further read, “That you, Wasila Tasiu, 14 years, of Yansoro village , Gaya Local Government Council, on or about the 5th day of April, 2014, at about 14:30 hours, at Yansoro village, Gaya within the Kano Judicial Division, did commit culpable homicide punishable with death in that you caused the death of four persons.
“Wasila Tasiu allegedly killed Umar Sani, 35, Hassan Alhassan, 25, Nasiru Muhammad, 13, and Indo Ibrahim, 12, by poisoning them with a rat killer substance in their food, with intention of causing their deaths and you hereby committed an offence under Section 221 (a) of the Penal Code Law of Kano State 1990, Cap 105.”
The suit has been slated for hearing on August 4 at Kano State High Court, Gezewa just as Sunday Vanguard learnt that the suspect’s lawyers had been served.
Commenting on the development, Chairperson, Kano State chapter, Federation of Women Lawyers, Hajiya Hussaina Aliyu, confirmed the receipt of the legal documents, adding: “Competent hands have been assigned to handle the case”.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/kano-seeks-death-sentence-alleged-bride-killer/#sthash.sSXTynnS.dpuf
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by kayboy4y(m): 4:55am On Jul 06, 2014
The gal fine sha. Justice should be done accordingly.
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by chibuike65: 5:27am On Jul 06, 2014
Menn this is baD temper mercy please dnt kill this chilD please

1 Like

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by freshness2020: 5:44am On Jul 06, 2014
This juvenile case Harsh gaaaan Oº°˚˚°ºo. Even say na true the girl kill these people!
Atleast give her life imprisonment!
But I bow Oº°˚˚°ºo. , how this minor take get this kind baaaad mind to the extent that she Knows what is called POISON!

1 Like

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Burger01(m): 5:45am On Jul 06, 2014
kayboy4y: The gal fine sha. Justice should be done accordingly.
Pervert! What stupid justice should be done? Why give out a minor in marriage? She was afraid **heck she had reason to** She is just too young for this wickedness. This is just not fair and justice be tampered with mercy... I pray. sad

24 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by LordMecuzy(m): 6:18am On Jul 06, 2014
Youthful Exuberance

1 Like

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Innodon(m): 6:25am On Jul 06, 2014
let dem leave that small gal alone abeg. Someone old enuf to be her fada.All in the name of belief. I wonder what these set of people think. It's high time all these child marriage stop.

18 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 06, 2014
see wetin mum parent put dis LittLe girl ehn?

Nah death qo end up dis Case

RIP------Return If P0ssiBLe 4 a better Life cry
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by justi4jesu(f): 6:26am On Jul 06, 2014
14 years old..hmmm angry angry
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by delishpot: 6:27am On Jul 06, 2014
freshness2020: This juvenile case Harsh gaaaan Oº°˚˚°ºo. Even say na true the girl kill these people!
But I bow Oº°˚˚°ºo. , how this minor take get this kind baaaad mind to the extent that she Knows what is called POISON!

When you be 14 and one 35 year old mam dey pump you as him wish anytime him wish and you just get to ansa yes sir yes sir to him demand, while you see ya friends dey go school dey happy and you dey behind fence dey only greet them through buglary proof or fence( cos as married "woman" you no suppose play like pikin again) tben you go understand why she put poison for food.
Yes, e nor good wetin she do, but I compare her case to that of crase man wey kill person. Yes e no good say crase man kill person but e no make sense to kill the crase man too. Na treatment him need same with her.
I only just feel bad for the other 3 she killed and that is the only reason I will put her in rehab for 20 years. As for the man case we go say na murder based on insanity.

37 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Innodon(m): 6:27am On Jul 06, 2014
Child marriage is child abuse.

23 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by LMAyedun(m): 6:28am On Jul 06, 2014
14yrs old? She still a baby...

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by MillionDollars: 6:28am On Jul 06, 2014
rocgirl: Lol..
You're not alone.
While growing up i always wondered where the cockcroaches i mistakenly stepped on or the chickens killed during chrismas went to.
embarassedembarassedembarassed
M-O-R-O-N
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by olamikhail(m): 6:29am On Jul 06, 2014
wtf
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by hydeka: 6:30am On Jul 06, 2014
Her actions are condemnable but the circumstances surrounding the act is also condemnable. Kid marriage is not good. Robbing kids of their childhood and future is condemnable. It is bondage. If you push someone to the wall, he/she becomes vicious. She will not be the last to seek this way of repose.

10 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by teekrackz(m): 6:32am On Jul 06, 2014
D gal is a juvenile, 35 yr old man marrying a 14 yr old gal, rubbish!

14 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by teekrackz(m): 6:34am On Jul 06, 2014
#islam nd kid marriage

3 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Akbee(m): 6:36am On Jul 06, 2014
who cares?whatever!everybody has their own palava.pls send her packing to where she had sent her fellow human beings.she must face the wrath of the law...she shuda ran away if she didnt like it there anymore rada dan tk the lives of those persons,sum of whom were innocent except for her husband who was old enof to be her father.
child marriage is a crime n shudnt be practised in any society!
THE MOSLEM COMMUNITY SHUD ABANDON THE BULLSHIT TOO...e no mk sense ohh.BY THE WAY,DID PROPHET MOHAMMED THEIR SPIRITUAL MENTOR N THE FOUNDER OF THEIR RELIGION EVER GET MARRIED TO A CHILD?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by collele(m): 6:37am On Jul 06, 2014
I thought this girl should be celebrated? Why on earth should you force a 14years old girl into marriage? Make dem free the girl jare.....SHE IS A HEROINE....

13 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by kobonaire(m): 6:42am On Jul 06, 2014
14 year old bride?? Sounds like a bunch of other people are the ones that maybe need to be killed ........ undecided

15 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by lilmax(m): 6:43am On Jul 06, 2014
They should also kill the parents

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 06, 2014
Babangida no give him gal pikin for marriage at the age of 14, Atiku no do at age 14, Abdulsami no do at age 14, Aliyu no, Mauzu no, Abacha no, these Muslins use your head, your leaders are deceiving you, you get out ur pikin at age 14, they give theirs at 23 who fool who?

26 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Techwriter: 6:43am On Jul 06, 2014
I pray for all Muslims that they may know the truth. Visit a Bible believing church today and ask someone for the way of salvation. This abuses are way too much.

Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband
https://www.nairaland.com/1794527/iranian-child-bride-facing-execution

15-year-old Afghanistan girl beheaded after refusing marriage proposal
https://www.nairaland.com/1118296/15-year-old-girl-beheaded-after-refusing

Pakistan Family Slith Throat Of Young Couple Over Love Marriage
https://www.nairaland.com/1791479/pakistan-family-slith-throat-young#24340625

Infact this one is worst
Muslims And The Savagery That Is Honor Killing
https://www.nairaland.com/512896/muslims-savagery-honor-killing

10 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by NewsINigeria(m): 6:44am On Jul 06, 2014
hm
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 06, 2014
Why should the girl be make to suffer for her parent's dtupidity and greed;after forcing her to marry a man olld enough to be her grand father..,pls let her go! @nodebenna

3 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by stan4b(m): 6:46am On Jul 06, 2014
She nd her husband go continue their marriage anywhere dem meet,either heaven or hell. Anyways,i won't blame her,cos there is a limit to what each person can endure. The husband shoud rot in hell!!
Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Henrypraise: 6:49am On Jul 06, 2014
kayboy4y: The gal fine sha. Justice should be done accordingly.

Okoro, were u take see d pix? Since u de imagine tins make I imagine say u be yerimah disguishin as kayboy.
freshness2020: This juvenile case Harsh gaaaan Oº°˚˚°ºo. Even say na true the girl kill these people!

U de ask how she take knw poison? Na almost dat same kwesion nai God ask Adam n Eve, "whu told u were naked?" Wen God say d tree in d center of d garden gives knowledge n evil, u tink say na joke him de? Aboki tree de kukuma de long. So imagine d "knowlegde n evil" wen d smally de de expose to every night. Sum runs babe go mad if u giv dem dat kind knowlegde, d tin go do dem like hemp/ coke 4 brain.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by G12(m): 6:50am On Jul 06, 2014
The child is way too young for marriage. What's wrong with some heads in the north self. Guess she was forced against her wish into the marriage, nobody cared about what she was going through and how it was going to affect her future. Now she tried to rescue herself and now...

The girl get mind sha!

Cruel life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8XZLqIMmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vdC0i9uqRw

1 Like

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Funniez: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2014
Muslims, dance nd end the music u so much wanted played na!! Child marriage- u marry a gal u are old enough to be his grandfada, u bang her day nd night, she sees her mate going to skul nd all she does is wear her hijab like an Abakaliki masquerade, cook 4 u, wash ur clothes nd most annoying, get beaten up wen she commits d slightest offence. And u expect her to accept it? Just fold her hands nd watch u turn her to slave in d 21st century Well, am not sayin wat she did was right, rada am just saying dat muslims shuld enjoy their music of child marriage!! Simple. Happy sunday pals

5 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Diamonddamsel: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2014
I feel so sorry for this little girl.Making a 14 yr old girl get married and a grown up having sex with her at will is enough torture.If the religion supports giving out child brides atleast they should get the consent of the child as much as i hate child marriages.They should please release this little girl and rehabilitate her for rape commited against her.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by greatgod2012(f): 6:53am On Jul 06, 2014
freshness2020: how this minor take get this kind baaaad mind to the extent that she Knows what is called POISON!

they are the one who taught her how to be wicked through their child-marriage belief.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Seeks Death Sentence For Alleged Bride-killer. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 06, 2014
Is this any different from the chibok girls situation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Service Chiefs Move To Sack Young Officers Considered Threats To Senior Officers / DAWN Commission Convenes Meeting With SW Agric Commissioners On Food Security / Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.