Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities (36781 Views)

Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) / Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out Peugeot 301 In Commercial Qty / PAN To Launch Peugeot 301, Cluster Park Site In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by anonimi: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2014
jeffizy: After the masses eat and sleep with their eyes closed, their children are in school with good uniforms, then Peugeot will sell.
#basicnecessitybeforeluxury

You are very correct BUT I hope you realise that state governors and LGA chairmen are RESPONSIBLE for ensuring ALL children go to primary/VOCATIONAL/secondary/TECHNICAL schools for FREE and they receive EXTRA-budgetary support in billions from the federal government, through UBEC, for this purpose sad

Furthermore if these state governors and LGA chairmen RECRUIT professionally qualified teachers, doctors, nurses etc REGULARLY as required for total service provision according to their constitutional RESPONSIBILITY then the masses will be able to "eat and sleep with their eyes closed" as it was mostly in the 60s when these TIERS of government were more active than they are now!

11 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by tandj: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2014
It looks modern and fine.
Hope the price will later go down for the masses to be partakers
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by ITbomb(m): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2014
anonimi:

You are very correct BUT I hope you realise that state governors and LGA chairmen are RESPONSIBLE for ensuring ALL children go to primary/VOCATIONAL/secondary/TECHNICAL schools for FREE and they receive EXTRA-budgetary support in billions from the federal government, through UBEC, for this purpose sad

Furthermore if these state governors and LGA chairmen RECRUIT professionally qualified teachers, doctors, nurses etc REGULARLY as required for total service provision according to their constitutional RESPONSIBILITY then the masses will be able to "eat and sleep with their eyes closed" as it was mostly in the 60s when these TIERS of government were more active than they are now!
Bless you

Years of militarised government has made the upcoming youth and even some blinded adult ignorant of the responsibilities of LGA and State government.

Imagine blaming the federal government for school uniform, gosh

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by ITbomb(m): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2014
tandj: It looks modern and fine.
Hope the price will later go down for the masses to be partakers
For the sake of sustainability, the price has to be competitive, however the most effective way of making Nigerians own this car is to make a favorable policy of acquisition through bank with payment period spread over two years especially for fixed income earners

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by anonimi: 11:53am On Jul 06, 2014
Afritelly: Those car were the one OBJ bought for civic servants and abandoned in Ikeja Cantonment Barracks and now they are telling us Peugeot roll out car. Where is the factory built in Naija?

Did you read the OP?

I don't know how old you are BUT back in the 70s up to the early 80s Peugeot had a factory in Kaduna and cars were assembled in Nigeria with some level of locally produced components. The company is now REVIVING its factory based on the VERY GOOD auto policy of this federal administration. You may find the news story below helpful:

Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) to Resume Car Assembly Next Month
BY BABATOPE OLALEYE ON MAY 12, 2014

Chief Executive Officer of PAN Nigeria Limited, Alhaji Ibrahim Boyi has said the company would begin the assembly of cars in its plant in Kaduna next month. Boyi stated this at the just concluded 9th Lagos Motor Fair and 3rd Autoparts Expo, Nigeria held at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

According to him, “By 2015 we will start full CKD assembly, and this will generate the most local content.”

He said they were already looking at the local auto component manufacturers and were ready to work with any serious investor in that sector. “So, it is a great opportunity for people that want to ride on the back of this policy.”

PAN, he said was already working with the association of auto component manufacturers to create clusters and that the Minister of Transport has been informed that “We are ready to work with auto component manufacturers that show enough seriousness in our cluster in Kaduna.”

He said the company would need to employ more people and expand its distribution and sales network. He said the PAN would work hard to regain its customer-base that was lost when the company went under, adding “All of these will bring opportunities for more people.”

PAN was established in 1972, he said as a joint venture between the Automobile Company of France and the Federal Government of Nigeria and that when it was in operation, produced more than 500,000 cars, adding that it produced up to 90,000 cars in a single year and employed over 4,000 people. He said the story has changed, unfortunately, explaining that “as at last year, the company had 300 staff and our projection last year was under a thousand cars and if you quantify that against the current tax, you see the amount of loss that the Nigerian economy has suffered.”

He said the workers that lost their jobs have suffered a great deal and that the company’s dealership across the nation also suffered.

Stating what was ahead in the plans of PAN with the auto policy, he said, “It will start to bring those benefits back to Nigeria. The objective of the new policy is to encourage local production; local development of skill and manpower; for employment and create local opportunity. So, we are fully in support of the policy and we want to assure everybody, including those who may not like the policy, that the policy will only do one thing, naturally help improve the Nigerian people. Despite all the opposition and the fear that the policy will generate, we will be able to create more opportunities for our people and all will translate into better and cheaper products.”

Another crucial issue Boyi discussed was the proliferation of fake spare parts. He urged auto companies in the country to provide genuine spare parts to discourage the use of substandard parts. He said the Lagos Auto Fair was an opportunity to meet with PAN’s critical stakeholders and, praised the orgnisers, BKG Exhibition Limited for putting up a good show.

Stressing the need for genuine spare parts and good after sales services, he said, “We as industry players must rise against the proliferation of substandard parts. Personally, I will take up the challenge and our organisation will also take up the challenge. We will speak with the regulators and the enforcers and ensure that we minimise the incidence of fake parts in Nigeria.”

He said, “We are very much concerned that those customers, who buy PAN vehicles, get full value from the vehicles. Strategically as an organisation, we are concerned about the provision of spares. A lot of companies suffer this problem. Cost of ownership of vehicles has been so much mainly because of the incidences of fake spare parts in the market. By our estimate, there are about 70 per cent to 80 per cent fake spares in the market. So, the chance of you buying spares and getting original spares is only 20 or 30 per cent.”

This, he said was a major concern for PAN and that it has led to their ensuring that, as part of their new development plan, “we manage and ensure the integrity of after sales, because Peugeot brand is known as vehicles that anyone everywhere can maintain. We will like to bring that back into our system.”

The company, he said intended to expand its after sales network and spread it to all nooks and crannies of the country and that since there is new sophistication in the production of the vehicles, people’s skills would be upgraded to enable them provide adequate services. “We will have skilled and very well-trained manpower and to also ensure that whatever parts that is used for your cars are genuine spare parts.

The chief executive officer promised that PAN customers would enjoy the use of their vehicles at cheaper running and maintenance costs, because “with genuine spare parts, you are given peace of mind, comfort and lasting use of the vehicles.”

Boyi said another important thing happening in the country was the auto development plan of the federal government.

According to him, the nation embraced the policy in the seventies but that, “unfortunately, when the industry was just at the verge of exploding in its full potentials, such policy initiative was reversed and the industry suffered a major setback in terms of its own development.”

Present at the event were; PAN’s technical partners, France Automobile Company, represented by Mr. Erik, Technical Assistant to the Managing Director, and other top management staff of the company.

From: http://www.automobiles.com.ng/peugeot-automobile-nigeria-pan-to-resume-car-assembly-next-month/

It is always BETTER to be very informed about a subject before making comments that may turn out to be very embarrassing.

6 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by YoungDaNaval(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2014
ba7man: Yes oooo......!!!! More important than Engine, gearbox and tires sef.
Lol
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by anonimi: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2014
ITbomb:
For the sake of sustainability, the price has to be competitive, however the most effective way of making Nigerians own this car is to make a favorable policy of acquisition through bank with payment period spread over two years especially for fixed income earners

This is a very good GREAT suggestion.
I hope our bankers and financial policy makers will take note and work out something very practical so it works for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by anonimi: 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
GPA5: WHAT'S THE FATE OF INNOSON ? THIS MARGINALISATION OF INNOSON

Stop being MISCHIEVOUS and trying to start a non-existing tribal war as if we do not know your antecedents here angry
When you go market to buy foodstuffs na only one market woman dey there

I pray God will deal diligently with those who are hell bent on drawing back our country's PROGRESS for whatever their personal objectives are.
And the people of the Lord said a loud

- Amen!
- Insha Allah!!!
- Ase!!

6 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by NaMe4: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
Afritelly: Those car were the one OBJ bought for civic servants and abandoned in Ikeja Cantonment Barracks and now they are telling us Peugeot roll out car. Where is the factory built in Naija?

Coincidentally, I drove past the plant yesterday in Kd and saw a large banner displaying this ride.

So please, make attempt to be informed before making public statements.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Syenite(m): 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
thegame: This is actually a beautiful car. Most new peugeots are fine anyway...I just hope this will be affordable.
I would personally love the 6** series anyway.

Anyone knows the price tag placed on this 301?
abt N3.5M.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by myspnigeria: 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
nice development... i love this

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Btruth: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Good initiatives though, Nissan, Peugeot & others coming up. But I think our government needs to do more in maintaining & constructing new roads for us to enjoy all this luxurious cars. We shouldn't put the cart before the horse. In truthfulness, Nigeria don't have roads.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Ikenna351(m): 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
lonelydora: Ikenna351, hope u r happy now?

If you stay in Abuja, you would have known that every 5 mins you stay on Abuja road, a Peugeot 301 must have passed.

Peugeot cars have already taken over Abuja city roads, both brand new and tokunbo or used.

Nigerians have started getting bored of all these uninspiring looking and boring moving vehicles.

The Lions got some attitude others don't give behind the wheels. Who wouldn't want that?

So, you were saying? cheesy

Ikenna

4 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by GPA5: 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
anonimi:

Stop being MISCHIEVOUS and trying to start a non-existing tribal war as if we do not know your antecedents here angry
When you go market to buy foodstuffs na only one market woman dey there

I pray God will deal diligently with those who are hell bent on drawing back our country's PROGRESS for whatever their personal objectives are.
And the people of the Lord said a loud

- Amen!
- Insha Allah!!!
- Ase!!

STOP PREACHING. GO TO CHURCH AND PREACH
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
how much??
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by agabaI23(m): 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
ITbomb:
According Aganga, they will be launching an auto loan scheme in 4 months time to enable people own these cars. It was in the news yesterday!

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by anonimi: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
GPA5:

STOP PREACHING. GO TO CHURCH AND PREACH

I don go mosque for Friday
and Shrine for Saturday,
so na ya turn to go church today..... over to you, pastor dey wait you grin

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by anonimi: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Btruth: Good initiatives though, Nissan, Peugeot & others coming up. But I think our government needs to do more in maintaining & constructing new roads for us to enjoy all this luxurious cars. We shouldn't put the cart before the horse. In truthfulness, Nigeria don't have roads.

There are two things to realise about OUR roads:

- The federal government is responsible for (most likely) less than 25% of the roads in OUR country. They are usually for Inter-State roads while FEEDER roads i.e. those ones directly in front of people's houses, shops, businesses, offices, clinics, hospitals, schools etc are the CONSTITUTIONAL responsibility of the state governors and LGA chairmen.
- Even the federal roads (usually called highways) need to be built in COORDINATION with the states and LGAs to ensure that the drainages and flood water evacuation paths are NOT BLOCKED by buildings, shops etc.

So we should be ADEQUATELY aware of the SEPARATE but interdependent roles of the THREE TIERS of government for our roads otherwise the state and LGA politicians will CONTINUE taking us for MUGUS by pointing to the presidency while they do NOTHING with their monthly allocation from Abuja except STEAL.

5 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by lonelydora: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ikenna351:

If you stay in Abuja, you would have known that every 5 mins you stay on Abuja road, a Peugeot 301 must have passed.

Peugeot cars have already taken over Abuja city roads, both brand new and tokunbo or used.

Nigerians have started getting bored of all these uninspiring looking and boring moving vehicles.

The Lions got some attitude others don't give behind the wheels. Who wouldn't want that?

So, you were saying? cheesy

Ikenna

Infact, I am considering to join u as a Lion owner.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by GPA5: 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
anonimi:

I don go mosque for Friday
and Shrine for Saturday,
so na ya turn to go church today..... over to you, pastor dey wait you grin

THERE'S NO NEED TO GO TO CHURCH BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO PREACH ABOUT.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Ikenna351(m): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
lonelydora:

Infact, I am considering to join u as a Lion owner.

As soon as you jump in, the only thing others would see are your claws, as they follow you from behind.

Always remember, Lions are the most respected animal because of their attitude, not because they are the strongest animals. That you will start enjoying when you join the Lion family.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
How much is the Peugeout 301
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by vokious(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
MillionDollars: Any small gud tin dat happens,, its GEJ till 2019,, kilode gan self. D day i wld download food nd money online, den i wld vote for GEJ!

Cus GEJ is the inventor of the Internet abi?
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by tandj: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Really?
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by azimibraun: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nigeria and Nigerians will not stop amazing me. Do Nigerians need affordable cars or they need Effective, efficient and affordable transport system; public or private? Affordable cars to be fuelled with afordable fuel? To be driven on wich gud roads? To be parked where? All dis houses land lords are building with no parking space? Asaba in particular. Abegi jare. A dead on arrival policy for the Educated and enlightened mind.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by fortunejum: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
The only way that be successful in is to make the price affordable for the common man.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by stagger: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
I miss my dad's lions back in the day. I sincerely wish this ride would be affordable. Should not be more than N1.5m if indeed this new automotive policy is to favour the middle class.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by MadCow1: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nice car, but I am past that level now.. next stop 2015 Mercedes Benz.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by stagger: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mad Cow: Nice car, but I am past that level now.. next stop 2015 Mercedes Benz.

Meaning what? Bill Gates was still driving a 1999 Bentley as at 2008. Nigerians always like to feel like they are too much when they are nothing. How many people are you paying salaries to in a month? Then we will know how much money you really have.

Meanwhile, I hear the asking price is N3.5 for the 1.6 litre models, and slightly below N3m for the 1.2litre model. Let us see how it goes...

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Emulti(m): 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
Of course, Fresh Air e'rywhere you go like MTN.
GEJ till 2019

fresh air indeed! u think u can afford it. u ar wasting ur time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vw Passat Or Audi A4 / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. / Ogun State: This Is How Much I Bought Petrol For Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.