Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,383 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities (36778 Views)

Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) / Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out Peugeot 301 In Commercial Qty / PAN To Launch Peugeot 301, Cluster Park Site In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by RAPMAN02(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Innodon: Does the car cost less than a million naira ?
go ask them for kaduna.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by MadCow1: 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
stagger:

Meaning what? Bill Gates was still driving a 1999 Bentley as at 2008. Nigerians always like to feel like they are too much when they are nothing. How many people are you paying salaries to in a month? Then we will know how much money you really have.

Meanwhile, I hear the asking price is N3.5 for the 1.6 litre models, and slightly below N3m for the 1.2litre model. Let us see how it goes...

1999 Bentley = A Classic and by default a more expensive and luxurious car than a 2014 production car.

Lol.. So Na by the number of people I dey pay salary Na ehn be say I get money? grin

Like I said, Nice car, but I am aiming higher now. I want to own a Mercedes not a Peugeot. Don't be mad at my taste fam, it's just that I have my sights set on higher grounds.

I wouldn't mind owning a 504 though, purely for sentimental reasons.

3million Naira is a decent price as it's equivalent KIA starts at 3.5 million Naira.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by fisfat(m): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
It looks clean..
do you expect it not to be clean?
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
I wasn't aware that PAN had revived their assembly plant. good move though if the so called automotive police works out and the cars are made affordable. however Peugeot have been known to be overpriced despite the influx of cheaper and more efficient Asian brands. and their fuel consumption levels are horrible. I should know cry
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by blessedjohn: 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
hope we can get this for #500,000
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by ITbomb(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
vivaciousvivi: I wasn't aware that PAN had revived their assembly plant. good move though if the so called automotive police works out and the cars are made affordable. however Peugeot have been known to be overpriced despite the influx of cheaper and more efficient Asian brands. and their fuel consumption levels are horrible. I should know cry
I wish Ikenna could talk about the fuel consumption issues
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by miky(m): 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
its market price, so i guess comparable to the rest of the 301 around the world? possibly slightly higher?
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by patriotic007: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
the private automobile sector players are tapping into this gud policy of FG.....foreign investors will follow.....i can sense something even greater than the GSM revolution happening in Nigeria.....Next is power and i believe the present administration can do it

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by tay0: 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
patriotic007: the private automobile sector players are tapping into this gud policy of FG.....foreign investors will follow.....i can sense something even greater than the GSM revolution happening in Nigeria.....Next is power and i believe the present administration can do it

dude they should have resloved the power issue FIRST what will these companies run on ? maybe urine
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Timiwhite(m): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hope its affordable
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by patriotic007: 7:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
tay0:

dude they should have resloved the power issue FIRST what will these companies run on ? maybe urine
we cannot sit down and do nothing because we are waiting for power to be resolved.....that is why GEJ is trying to solve all of dem simultaneously......its just dat dis auto policy is yielding results faster dan expected.....the power road map too will start yielding results too very soon my dear

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by frainc(m): 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rudebwoy:

No be today Naija start to assemble cars.

Back in the mid-80s:
Santana VIP, made in Nigeria.
Peugeot 505 evolution, made in Nigeria (available only in Nigeria )

Etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!
and those cars use to be strong like mad

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Ikenna351(m): 7:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
vivaciousvivi: I wasn't aware that PAN had revived their assembly plant. good move though if the so called automotive police works out and the cars are made affordable. however Peugeot have been known to be overpriced despite the influx of cheaper and more efficient Asian brands. and their fuel consumption levels are horrible. I should know cry

My current 1986 production, Peugeot 505 V6 5-speed manual with ZN3J engine, 170 hp, averaged 22 mpg from Abuja to Enugu (about 500 km), on my last trip with the Baby to East from Abuja (about 68 litres - N6,000 +). A/C on throughout the journey.

Also, my current 2000 production, Peugeot 406 V6 5-speed manual, with ES9J4S engine, 210 hp, averaged 39 mpg (about 40 litres - N4,000 +) from the same Abuja to Enugu which is about 500 km,on A/C all through the journey.

Now, help us explain, with my above Lions fuel consumptions, how Peugeot cars are fuel guzzlers? Better still, can you share with us how many V6s of other brands of the same production years have achieved such fuel economy? Could you share your personal experience to prove your assertion that Peugeot cars are fuel guzzlers?

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Cymbal: 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rudebwoy:

No be today Naija start to assemble cars.

Back in the mid-80s:
Santana VIP, made in Nigeria.
Peugeot 505 evolution, made in Nigeria (available only in Nigeria )

Etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!

can u compare the level of technology back then to the present moment!.
Let's try to appreciate them or you won tell me say dem no try?
Long live NAIJA!!!

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by sagoe1712: 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
It costs like 3.5m for the peugeot 301. Why get that when you can get a Hyundai Elantra for 3.2m or a kia Cerato with push to start button for 3.4m and the Kia Cerato comes with 5 years warranty
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by suco50(m): 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
I'm interested in Peugeot 4008; when will that be rolled out & how much?
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by DECOtech(m): 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
LMAyedun: It looks clean..
Was it not supposed to be clean?
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Herrmes: 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
People could either chase this or Ford Fusion or affordable Ford Fiesta
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ikenna351:

My current 1986 production, Peugeot 505 V6 5-speed manual with ZN3J engine, 170 hp, averaged 22 mpg from Abuja to Enugu (about 500 km), on my last trip with the Baby to East from Abuja (about 68 litres - N6,000 +). A/C on throughout the journey.

Also, my current 2000 production, Peugeot 406 V6 5-speed manual, with ES9J4S engine, 210 hp, averaged 39 mpg (about 40 litres - N4,000 +) from the same Abuja to Enugu which is about 500 km,on A/C all through the journey.

Now, help us explain, with my above Lions fuel consumptions, how Peugeot cars are fuel guzzlers? Better still, can you share with us how many V6s of other brands of the same production years have achieved such fuel economy? Could you share your personal experience to prove your assertion that Peugeot cars are fuel guzzlers?

Ikenna

sweetheart, I drive a 2010 Peugeot 407. if you like, quote 2000 model or 1969 model that are no longer in production, I can authoritatively state that Peugeot is NOT fuel efficient. And btw, this happens to be not my first or second car so I have compared brands. I have driven Honda and 1 corolla. The fuel consumption levels as compared with Peugeot are staggering.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
sagoe1712: It costs like 3.5m for the peugeot 301. Why get that when you can get a Hyundai Elantra for 3.2m or a kia Cerato with push to start button for 3.4m and the Kia Cerato comes with 5 years warranty

Those are the old prices you quoted sir. Elantra for N3.2mn ke!? Mba
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
sagoe1712: It costs like 3.5m for the peugeot 301. Why get that when you can get a Hyundai Elantra for 3.2m or a kia Cerato with push to start button for 3.4m and the Kia Cerato comes with 5 years warranty

Bro, those are old prices. You can't get an Elantra for N3.2mn again.
Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by agabaI23(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
anonimi:

There are two things to realise about OUR roads:

- The federal government is responsible for (most likely) less than 25% of the roads in OUR country. They are usually for Inter-State roads while FEEDER roads i.e. those ones directly in front of people's houses, shops, businesses, offices, clinics, hospitals, schools etc are the CONSTITUTIONAL responsibility of the state governors and LGA chairmen.
- Even the federal roads (usually called highways) need to be built in COORDINATION with the states and LGAs to ensure that the drainages and flood water evacuation paths are NOT BLOCKED by buildings, shops etc.

So we should be ADEQUATELY aware of the SEPARATE but interdependent roles of the THREE TIERS of government for our roads otherwise the state and LGA politicians will CONTINUE taking us for MUGUS by pointing to the presidency while they do NOTHING with their monthly allocation from Abuja except STEAL.
We have a total of 193,200 km of road network in Nigeria.

34, 123 km are designated federal roads
30, 500 km are designated State roads
129,577 km are designated LG roads

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by Ikenna351(m): 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

sweetheart, I drive a 2010 Peugeot 407. if you like, quote 2000 model or 1969 model that are no longer in production, I can authoritatively state that Peugeot is NOT fuel efficient. And btw, this happens to be not my first or second car so I have compared brands. I have driven Honda and 1 corolla. The fuel consumption levels as compared with Peugeot are staggering.

You can AUTHORITATIVELY state that Peugeot is not fuel efficient because you claimed you drive a Peugeot 407 2010 production? Wow! Isn't that interesting!

Is very unfortunate how ignorant some of us can be, sometimes. So you are now comparing Toyota Corolla to Peugeot 407? What on Earth would make you think the fuel consumption of the two would be the same? As small as Corolla is and as big as 407 is, the consumption must be the same? Isn't that interesting! Some people would drive Kia Picanto today. Tomorrow they find themselves in a family sized car with V6 or V8 engine and would expect the fuel consumption to be the same.

I had expected you to be specific as I was, by stating at least the basic spec of the 407, Corolla and Honda cars you compared in your post. No engine type, size or cylinders? Is that really all you know about cars?

Only God knows the injection state of these cars you claimed you own or have owned. Only God knows which of them still have their thermostat still present and fans still factory connected. But then, You Can AUTHORITATIVELY State Peugeot cars are fuel guzzlers. Peugeot 106, 107, 206, 207, 208, 301, 307, 308, 308 R, 406, 407, 408, 508, 607, 807, 2008, 3008, 4008, RCZ, RCZ R, etc. They are all gas guzzlers, isn't it? But all Toyotas, including Avalon and Toyota SUVs are very fuel efficient compared to Peugeot cars, isn't it? Bravo!

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by declaro(m): 1:30am On Jul 07, 2014
azimibraun: Nigeria and Nigerians will not stop amazing me. Do Nigerians need affordable cars or they need Effective, efficient and affordable transport system; public or private? Affordable cars to be fuelled with afordable fuel? To be driven on wich gud roads? To be parked where? All dis houses land lords are building with no parking space? Asaba in particular. Abegi jare. A dead on arrival policy for the Educated and enlightened mind.

The reason people are happy about this news is not about the car but the means of bringing employment to the youth not just about the car or for people to own a car. Nigeria should stop importing finished good and encourage local productions instead of being consumers of imported finished goods.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Nigeria Rolls Out "Peugeot 301" In Commercial Quantities by anonimi: 5:25am On Jul 07, 2014
agabaI23: We have a total of 193,200 km of road network in Nigeria.

34, 123 km are designated federal roads
30, 500 km are designated State roads
129,577 km are designated LG roads

Thanks a lot for these figures. I was wrong with 25% FGN roads as it is less than 18% based on the above details. Could you please share the source of the numbers?
Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vw Passat Or Audi A4 / Ogun State: This Is How Much I Bought Petrol For Today. / The New 2019 Ford Edge Unveiled In Nigeria By Coscharis Motors (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.