Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life (3480 Views)

How Has Nairaland Transformed Your Life? / Inspirational Stories That Touch The Heart / 20 Things That, If Used More Often, Can Change Your Life Completely! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:34am On Jul 06, 2014
Many of the following stories are actually true and some might be called fables but there is one thing common to them, they can change your life.

These stories are got from various sources, both new and old and each one has a very powerful message to convey to you.

I have several dozens of these powerful stories and I will be dropping them constantly here for your enlightenment.

You can also get more of these stories here
http://wisdomlessons..com
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:37am On Jul 06, 2014
G

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by lonngmann(m): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2014
Wow!
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:07am On Jul 06, 2014
DAVID AND GOLIATH

We all know the Biblical story of David and Goliath.

Goliath was a giant of a man. He struck fear in everyone's heart.

One day, a 17-year- old shepherd boy came to visit his brothers and asked."Why don't you stand up and fight the giant?"

The brothers were terrified of Goliath and they replied. "Don't you see he is too big to hit?"

But David said, "No, he is too big to miss"

The rest is history. We all know what happened. David killed the giant with a slingshot.

Same giant, different perceptions.

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Iceman296: 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Interestingly Inspirational.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Danthesage(m): 3:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]Weldone bro
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by thankyouJesus(m): 7:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
more please.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Mzjhulz(f): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thought provoking stories
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
ANDREW CARNEGIE

Andrew Carnegie came to America from Scotland as a young boy. He started out by doing odd jobs and ended up as one of the largest steel manufacturers in the United States.

At one time, he had 43 millionaires working for him. A million dollars is a lot of money today, but in the 1920's it was worth much more.

Someone once asked Mr Carnegie how he dealt with people.

Andrew Carnegie replied, "Dealing with people is a lot like digging for gold: When you go digging for an ounce of gold you have to move tons of dirt. But when you digging, you don't go looking for the dirt, you go looking for gold".

Andrew Carnegie's reply has a very important message.

Though sometimes it may not be apparent there is something positive in every person and every situation. We have to dig deep to look for the positive

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
thankyouJesus: more please.

I will post more tomorrow.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Olarewajub: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Now following...
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by chymystique(f): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
[size=14pt]Educative and Inspiring Posts.... Come and complete it Krak[/size]
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Moiking(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Smartsyn(m): 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
It's already changing my life..

i want to be like Andrew Carnegie, even if it's only 20 millionaires are working for me, i won't mind...
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Touching stories.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 11:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
chymystique: [size=14pt]Educative and Inspiring Posts.... Come and complete it Krak[/size]

There are many more coming up. However the beauty is not just reading and passing by but to meditate on the lessons from these stories and consciously persistently apply them to our lives.

To know and not to do, is not to know-LEO BUSCAGLIA
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by decode55(m): 8:45am On Jul 07, 2014
Nice smiley smiley
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2014
T
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2014
THE UNUSUAL DOG

There was a hunter who bought an amazing bird dog. This one-of-a-kind dog could walk on water. The hunter was looking forward to showing off his new acquisition to his friends.

He invited a friend to go duck hunting. After sometime, they shot a few ducks and the man ordered his dog to fetch the birds.

All day long, whenever there were birds to be fetched, the dog ran on water to retrieve the birds. The owner was expecting his friend to comment or compliment him about this amazing dog, but never got one.

As they were returning home, he asked his friend if he had noticed anything unusual about his dog.

The friend replied, "Yes, in fact, I did notice something unusual. Your dog can't swim".

Some people cannot help but look at the negative sides to every thing and every situation.

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
W

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
SELECTIVE LISTENING

There was a medical doctor who was invited as a guest speaker to address a group of alcoholics. He wanted to make a demonstration that would be powerful enough to make people realize that alcohol was injurious to their health.

He had two containers, one with pure distilled water, and one with pure alcohol.

He put an earthworm into the distilled water and it swam beautifully and came up to the top. He put another earthworm into the alcohol and it disintegrated in front of everyone's eyes.

He wanted prove that this was what alcohol did to the insides of our body.

He asked the group what the moral of the story was and one person from behind said, "If you drink alcohol you won't have worms in your stomach."

Was this the message? Of course not. This is a perfect example of selective listening.

People always like to see what they want to see, and to hear what they want to hear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Olarewajub: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wow, i love this.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
E

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 6:57am On Jul 08, 2014
BROAD BASED EDUCATION

Some animals in a forest decided to start a school. The students included a bird, a squirrel, a fish, a dog, a rabbit and a mentally retarded eel. A board was formed to determine the curriculum and it was decided that flying, tree climbing, swimming, and burrowing would give a broad-based education. All animals were required to take all subjects.

The bird was excellent at flying and was getting A's but when it came to burrowing, it kept breaking it's wings and beak and started failing.

Pretty soon, it started making C's in flying and, of course, in tree climbing and swimming it was getting F's.

The squirrel was great at tree climbing, but was failing in swimming.

The fish was the best swimmer but couldn't get out of the water and thus got F's in everything else.

The dog didn't join the school, stopped paying taxes, and kept fighting with the administration to include barking as part of the curriculum.

The rabbit got A's in burrowing but three climbing was a real problem. It kept falling and landing on it's head, suffered brain damage, and soon couldn't even burrow properly and got C's in that too.

The mentally retarded eel, who did everything half as well, became the valedictorian of the class. The board was happy because everybody was getting a "broad-based" education.

LESSON: A true broad-based education prepares students for life without losing their areas of specialization and competence.

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:28am On Jul 08, 2014
Many more on the way.
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
SHARPEN YOUR AXE

John, a woodcutter, worked for a company for five years but never got a raise.

The company hired Bill and within a year he got a raise. Then John resented Bill's getting a raise after only a year and went to his boss to talk about it.

The boss said, "You are still cutting the same number of trees you were cutting five years ago. We are a result-oriented company and would be happy to give you a raise if your productivity goes up"

John went back, started hitting harder and putting in longer hours but he still wasn't able to cut more trees. He went back to his boss and told him his dilemma.

The boss told him to go talk to Bill. "Maybe there's something Bill knows that you and I don't". John asked Bill how he managed to cut more trees.

Bill answered, "After every tree I cut, I take a break for two minutes and sharpen my axe. When was the last time you sharpen your axe?"

When was the last time you sharpened your axe? Past glory and education don't count for much. We have to continuously sharpen the axe.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:19am On Jul 09, 2014
WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR?

A man was washing his new car when his neighbor asked him, "When did you get the car?"

He replied "My brother gave it to me".

The neighbor said, "I wish I had a car like that".

The man replied, "You should wish to have a brother like that".

The neighbor's wife was listening to the conversation and she interrupted, "I wish I was a brother like that".

What a positive way to think!

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 5:39am On Jul 10, 2014
G
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by Krak(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2014
I hope these stories are touching lives out there?
Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by NETCEO(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2014
A very richman called Nelson
Mandela died of Lung
cancer, and his money couldn’t
afford the price of LIFE!
- Lady Diana died of car
accident, her royalship couldnt favour her 2 live.
- Kumlor Dumor died of cardiac
arrest, his prestigious
occupation couldn’t save him.
- Prof. Mills just died recently, his
Excellency couldnt save him.
-Tito Villanova(fmr Barcelona
coach) died of throat
cancer, nothing was able 2 save
him.
You are not as rich as Tito Villanova; royal as Princess
Diana; Famous as Nelson
Mandela;
More fluent in
English than Kumlor Dumor, but u
are moving here and
there without any illness, yet,
you
are feeling lazy to type
“Thank you God”.let us do it now

1 Like

Re: Powerful Stories That Can Change Your Life by NETCEO(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2014
NETCEO: A very richman called Nelson
Mandela died of Lung
cancer, and his money couldn’t
afford the price of LIFE!
- Lady Diana died of car
accident, her royalship couldnt favour her 2 live.
- Kumlor Dumor died of cardiac
arrest, his prestigious
occupation couldn’t save him.
- Prof. Mills just died recently, his
Excellency couldnt save him.
-Tito Villanova(fmr Barcelona
coach) died of throat
cancer, nothing was able 2 save
him.
You are not as rich as Tito Villanova; royal as Princess
Diana; Famous as Nelson
Mandela;
More fluent in
English than Kumlor Dumor, but u
are moving here and
there without any illness, yet,
you
are feeling lazy to type
“Thank you God”.let us do it now

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Amazing Sad Fish(photo) / OOU Project Supervisor: Amazing, See This Student Project / ITS OFFICIAL: UK International Students Cannot Bring Families along anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.