Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? (1663 Views)

This Story How My Sister Got A Good Job Will Inspire You If You Are Unemployed / What If I Give You N100,000, What Will You Do? / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by domwas2(m): 10:28am On Jul 06, 2014
Hi guys,
A former colleague of mine linked me up for a good job, pls wat can i give him for appreciation. Am excited and confused dnt knw wat to do.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by echobee(f): 10:46am On Jul 06, 2014
Is ur former colleague male or female?
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by herald9: 11:00am On Jul 06, 2014
Send ur first salary to his account
or half of it_

1 Like

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by ITbomb(m): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2014
herald9: Send ur first salary to his account
or half of it_
I beg to differ
No responsible person should accept someone's salary for a favour God had positioned you to bless someone.

If the person is already made, a bottle of good wine would do.
If a lady, get her a good wrist watch
If your fellow hustler, a brown envelope with a good sum would be nice after some bottles of Star Lite

11 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by herald9: 11:17am On Jul 06, 2014
ITbomb:
I beg to differ
No responsible person should accept someone's salary for a favour God had positioned you to bless someone.

If the person is already made, a bottle of good wine would do.
If a lady, get her a good wrist watch
If your fellow hustler, a brown envelope with a good sum would be nice after some bottles of Star Lite
@Bolded... where will u get d 'good sum'
from ur salary na...So it's still dsame!

1 Like

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2014
A gift is ok. Like a generator or a car or a house or a land or wine or a shopping trip to paris.

Just give d person a nice gift

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by luvola(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2014
God that did your own by linking you up via a colleague will do mine too.. congrat bro... God I need divine favour. .

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by JustCurious: 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Appreciate the person by sending a 'thank you' card with probably a gift item. But, most importantly, PAY it FORWARD. By linking others up, too.

Reminds me of the song: enikeni ti iwo ba niipa, lati she iranlowo fun o. Ohun nan le nikeji re, toju re. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Businesstools(m): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
Oh Africans, where did we get this mentality from. If it were the "Oyibos", a simple "Thank You" will do.
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by j2012(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
Businesstools: Oh Africans, where did we get this mentality from. If it were the "Oyibos", a simple "Thank You" will do.

Thank God we are not oyibos. They have their culture, we have ours.

7 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
wat abt ... Banana
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by luvola(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
I serious ly need a link up too.Baba God bless me too. add me up 746f8f4c.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Alamation(m): 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Invite him to ur favorite bar. Drown him in woteva he takes nd arrange a girl(they are cheap anyway) for him to reset his balls for the night.
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by juwoonn(m): 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Alamation: Invite him to ur favorite bar. Drown him in woteva he takes nd arrange a girl(they are cheap anyway) for him to reset his balls for the night.
Do you think everybody is irresponsible like you?

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by clemzo101(m): 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
juwoonn:
Do you think everybody is irresponsible like you?
abeg I can't fit laugh
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Barywhyte(m): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
Alamation: Invite him to ur favorite bar. Drown him in woteva he takes nd arrange a girl(they are cheap anyway) for him to reset his balls for the night.

Bad guy....
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by prodam(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Congratulations OP, this post actually brought me here. I believe so much in showing gratitude, its a beautiful thing. A french philosopher Volitaire, said ' Appreciation makes what is excellent in others(the benefactor) belong to us(beneficiary) as well. I will advise you to give a gift based on his personality, thank God he was your colleague. Think and find out what will be useful to him. If he's the religious type then some religious literature may suffice, on the other hand, a scarce perf may make him feel good if he's a perf freak.. You get it.. Congrat once again.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
If married man buy the biggest turkey in market and five biggest yam in market...

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by JustCurious: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
cowleg: If married man buy the biggest turkey in market and five biggest yam in market...

Thank me later

No, Cowleg would be perfect o. Especially for pepper soup, egusi soup grin
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 06, 2014
A simple thank you card,and a wine will do..
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by rhymaholic: 12:22am On Jul 07, 2014
A bottle of wine and a thank you card would be just fine.
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by clemzo101(m): 6:57am On Jul 07, 2014
Una just dey talk wine, the wine no get name? Abi na Eva wine?
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by PapaNnamdi: 8:24am On Jul 07, 2014
A well garnished bolus of okpa with fried peppered fish and palmwine will do,

works for me always,
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2014
Congrats my friend. Good to know there are still some amazingly altruistic people left in this country. Most people wouldn't help you get that job - even if it would cost them nothing to do so.

Anyways, gratitude is one of my essentials, so I am happy you realise it is important to show your gratitude to this fantastic ex colleague of yours. Buy him or her a gift that is roughly equivalent to the value of your first salary. If it is someone you believe would prefer cash, hand him or her your first salary along with a small complimentary gift.. Most importantly, tell everyone around you (including your family members) about this person's good deed, and ask them to thank him/her on your behalf. . . .and assure this person of your deep appreciation and continuous loyalty.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by missdebs(f): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
a simple tankiu.....joblessness can happen 2 anyone.
Re: What Can I Give Someone That Help Linked Me Up With A Good Job? by luvola(m): 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
If only I can see someone that can do this for me . 50% of my first 4months salary will be given to him/her as a sign of appreciation and will be on my list of those that has add value to me and there will be continous loyalty because I can never bite the fingers that feed me.

(1) (Reply)

Interview/micro Teaching Pls,held / What Should Graduate Do Before Going For Nysc / First Class Student At Age 30years Vs Second Class Lower At Age 21years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.