Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (38218 Views)

When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable / How To Become Emotionally Strong / Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by heywhytech1(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2014
This ur write up should make sense when properly arrange. I hope u make necessary corrections , make it concise pls.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by IamChiboi(m): 7:43am On Jul 07, 2014
Theses girls ain't loyal. Expect anything. l guess using your head/brain over your heart is the way forward jare.

2 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Idrismusty97(m): 7:44am On Jul 07, 2014
Bringbackoursummary
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by tuffgongjo(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2014
Odilafta: Abeg who help me see Okoro embarassed
.on his way to Sambisa to save d Chibok gals.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by codemaster2much: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2014
Very unorganised write up
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by UjSizzle(f): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2014
So men withdraw emotionally because they aren't emotionally mature to handle their emotions--which is in essence foreign territory to them.

Right undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by theimmie(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2014
If you guys could only take a little time to read the post...The op made a whole lot of sense... Just read...It might look disorganised but just read it

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by haibe(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2014
Zedric: I never read my book finish, na dis one i go come dey read?
i tire oo
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 7:51am On Jul 07, 2014
Op is right, He is Talking about a real man, not players lipsrsealed i Guess Some of us Are shy to Accept the truth.

chymystique: Nice write up Op... I like it but sometimes it could mean the man has lost interest or he is not sure of what he wants..
Liberty24 come and complete the post u don't expect me to click on that link!

You are right but Losing Interest is not very correct, also Note, a man Knows what he Wants

Best post on Romance thread, i still read it over again.

It will help you emensely, if you calm down and read the article and assimilate, not minding the length.

Most folks that contributed positively here are matured and real dudes/gals wink

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by justi4jesu(f): 7:53am On Jul 07, 2014
Let us hear from the Horses mouth here cheesy
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by 0nyegame(m): 7:59am On Jul 07, 2014
O boy dis ur story too long o...i no fit finish am
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Carmall(m): 8:04am On Jul 07, 2014
Haba! But I really don't believe that piece is too long o.
Back to the post, Ignorance of this things is why most ladies lose their relationship. They want to have it all from their respective man, forgetting they are imperfect themselves.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 8:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Women set the example and emotional tone that allows their partner to feel safe.

When a man faces a woman who is emotionally stable, it allows him to understand his own emotions. The depth of understanding that the woman has with herself and her own emotional nature will give him the security to express and unveil his own strengths. The woman who is emotionally secure brings a presence of emotional security to the relationship.
A well meaning man will appreciate this and do his best, and grow faster and reveal the depths of his spirit with increasing strength and confidence.
Granted, the ideal is that a man can figure out his emotional state and come into his own emotional maturity through his own self-generated willpower.

Yet the reality is that teachers, guides and mentors accelerate this process and help a person navigate the confusing and mysterious realms of emotions. There are a great many pitfalls and bewildering mirages when it comes to the shifting sands of sensitivities. And as man learns his emotional state, he is also facing the additional challenges from his friends, family, and world that challenges that awakening at every step.

The woman who is insecure with her own emotions will see a man who withdraws as a threat and denigrate him and go on the attack. This is the antithesis of supportive behavior. She may not realize that he is a man who is brave beyond measure to face his own soul and bare his spirit with vulnerable trust. When a man doesn’t respond as she needs and demands at the emotional level, lashing out will only cause harm. Gentle understanding and compassionate acceptance brings healing and deepens the relationship.

One of the best qualities women have is the ability to nurture. Nurturing is not aggressive. And with a man, directing aggression at him will generate an aggressive response. He will either fight or run. The flight or fight response is deeply ingrained into every human being. In essence, attacking a man who is opening his heart will trigger a survival level instinct.

Once that survival level power fully awakens in relationship, the dynamics in the relationship changes and may never come back to equilibrium.

Nurturing is not forceful, instead it is accepting and allows for a natural growth curve. Be patient.

Just as a tree takes time to come into its fullness and blossom, a man who is learning to embrace his deeper truths will need time to fully ripen into his potential.

Appreciate the men who take the time to stand up against society to discover, feel, live and unleash their sensitive side. It takes a lion’s heart full of courage to face down societal expectations and programmed beliefs.

Give him gratitude, honor his spirit, thank him for being available with his sensitivity in ANY way that he is able. Such a person is one of a kind, a warrior in the truest meaning of the word.

Source:elephantjournal.com

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 8:11am On Jul 07, 2014
Carmall: Haba! But I really don't believe that piece is too long o.
Back to the post, Ignorance of this things is why most ladies lose their relationship. They want to have it all from their respective man, forgetting they are imperfect themselves.

Lol, that's Not the writers view, I'll find Time to summarize this write up.

Also read the last part i Posted, he also highlighted what women can do to help men.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 07, 2014
Let's face it and tell ourselves the truth... This writeup won't win any awards!!
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ihedinobi2: 8:16am On Jul 07, 2014
Cool stuff. Resonates with me although I think that the author leaned more toward making excuses like one failing at a responsibility than they should have.

Men, whether we blame it on conditioning or genes, are designed not to be overly emotional. We are designed to be a rock and a stay. We are not designed to waver and change with the weather. Men's maturity is in dependability not in "sensitivity". That latter is for the woman. The emotions that men are most conversant with are essentially appetites - anger, sexxual passion, hunger, determination. All of this make achieving the point of manhood possible. Sensitivity and a poking around inside another person's psyche negates them because when a man is unsure about anything his function as a man begins to fail.

None of that means that attempting to be understanding is wrong, unacceptable or unworthy of the energies of a man. It only means that a man's part is not to be forever attuned to the subtle changes in another person because he will be frustrated not being equipped for that. But he can choose to remain a rock no matter what mood his woman is in. She should be able to count on him to cover her no matter what. When she wants to talk, his ear should never be far. When she isn't up to talking, his shoulder should be near. When she has no idea what's going on and which way is up or down she should be able to take her bearings from him.

Emotion does not make a man. It is, in fact, apt to ruin him if he does not take it in hand and rule it.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 07, 2014
Personally!! Personally!!!,this writeup is Habatically!,Some men o gbadunkally! You dey talk of Emotionally!!.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by fiverrwin(f): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2014
Women are funny beings
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 8:23am On Jul 07, 2014
ihedinobi2: Cool stuff. Resonates with me although I think that the author leaned more toward making excuses like one failing at a responsibility than they should have.

Men, whether we blame it on conditioning or genes, are designed not to be overly emotional. We are designed to be a rock and a stay. We are not designed to waver and change with the weather. Men's maturity is in dependability not in "sensitivity". That latter is for the woman. The emotions that men are most conversant with are essentially appetites - anger, sexxual passion, hunger, determination. All of this make achieving the point of manhood possible. Sensitivity and a poking around inside another person's psyche negates them because when a man is unsure about anything his function as a man begins to fail.

None of that means that attempting to be understanding is wrong, unacceptable or unworthy of the energies of a man. It only means that a man's part is not to be forever attuned to the subtle changes in another person because he will be frustrated not being equipped for that. But he can choose to remain a rock no matter what mood his woman is in. She should be able to count on him to cover her no matter what. When she wants to talk, his ear should never be far. When she isn't up to talking, his shoulder should be near. When she has no idea what's going on and which way is up or down she should be able to take her bearings from him.

Emotion does not make a man. It is, in fact, apt to ruin him if he does not take it in hand and rule it.

Good Points, but i think the writer is referring to the initial stage of the relationship, when they successfully win the initial Drama, the man will be comfortable and become the "Rock" you are describing
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by justi4jesu(f): 8:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Mrcdorv: Personally!! Personally!!!,this writeup is Habatically!,Some men o gbadunkally! You dey talk of Emotionally!!.

Psquare cousin abi grin grin
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ideology(m): 8:26am On Jul 07, 2014
fiverrwin: Women are funny beings

Lol, but the writer is actually Revealing the roles of a woman in relationship Especially at initial stages.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by kurajordan(m): 8:27am On Jul 07, 2014
//
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 07, 2014
D more I read d more confused I get,so I stop reading it,its monday morning,its early 2 get confused
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by dagr8(m): 8:35am On Jul 07, 2014
justi4jesu: Let us hear from the Horses mouth here cheesy
I think we should hear from the Donkeys mouth first cheesy
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by justi4jesu(f): 8:36am On Jul 07, 2014
dagr8:
I think we should hear from the Donkeys mouth first cheesy

lolz...Abeg Horse fi mi le...Donkey cannot speak atm cheesy
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by dagr8(m): 8:37am On Jul 07, 2014
justi4jesu:

lolz...Abeg Horse fi mi le...Donkey cannot speak atm cheesy
lol...o serious
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by PamelaGold1(f): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2014
Abeg I no read am finish lipsrsealed Werrin OP dey talk? embarassed
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by justi4jesu(f): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2014
dagr8:
lol...o serious

tongue tongue
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 07, 2014
Copy and paste material. This stuff is nt comprehensive at all. I av better things to read than this shit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lovely Picture Of Sisters In Bridal Train For Their Sibling's Wedding / Judge This Case / Why Do Many Married Men Cheat On Their Wives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.