Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104589 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by kriztovar(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Booked
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
You don't get it! No part of Anambra is interested in being carved out of the present Anambra. That said I feel relieved that my town Uga will not be affected.

We have said it times without number, we Anambrans are not interested in any such state creation, we don't want any part of us to be touched in whatever guise.

The only viable state in the SE is Adada and Anioma!

Bliss4Lyfe:

They cannot call a state comprising of Anambra and Imo after an imo local government of Njaba, the appropriate name will be Anim State recognising that the state is a new entity not an addition to any local government to avoid trouble.

Secondly, wat are the plans for power sharing between the imo and Anambra elements of the state?

Thirdly, the people of Orlu seem keen on this state, i just hope they are not entertaining any fantasy of monopolizing Government or focusing funds from all the local government primarily in Orlu. Orlu will not load things over anybody or operate an empire on the back of anybody.

Ndi Anambra ga gbaye unu nti.

U better hold a referendum to sort out issues with Ndi Ihiala and Anambra, possibly hold a referendum.

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by emmyw(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Noted
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Barselonia(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
question
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
at the end of the day, the average Nigerian is just selfish

8 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by LordCenturion(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
nice one,this is the opportunity to create more job,even I support it if we can have 100 state,this will create chance for peace and beautify our country. ...let them have there own state

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Is creation of states d problem of nigeria. Nawa oooo. I love my delta am not changin to any anioma or wat do dey call it

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by tuffgongjo(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Are they smoking shit @ d Confab?where are they getting all this funny names from?but shey na that Ijebu wey be bush dem wan make State capital?yeye dey smell
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by disloman(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Those at d conference r dumbass.Is that what we need right now?Its annoying.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by dipopooo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Whre is Ijesha state? U guys ar comedians. #NOIJESHASTATENOSTATECREATION
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by aljazira: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Idrismusty97: Well we have to wait for the Senate to approve this. I doubts if everything would be approved considering the current state of our revenue. Some States would be scrapped out. Two States is proposed to be carved out of Niger alone. The only difference is that one of them(Kanji) would be merge with half of Kebbi while the other(Edu) would stand alone, The Senate may discard the latter.
I disagree with you on the senate rejecting the latter.Instead a state for the Nupes(Edu)will be created and shelve the other option of kainji.Also note these two points.Niger state is the biggest in time of land mark whilst nothing the conference chairman Justice Kutigi is from the proposed Edu state.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Bitojoe(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
It only favour north, because it has the highest number in it.i totally disagree with the creation.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Dah savana state should have been namd Emergency State or State of emergency and the capital should be Chibok. So the confab decided to dash boko haram one state

7 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Hookah(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Am i the only person not believing this

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Footlocker(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
ANIOMA KWENU!

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by cococandy(f): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
I don't see how this will help Nigeria.
Or is it Airegin now?

Silly propositions. Focus on the major problems you dimwits!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by kolamilan(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

They cannot call a state comprising of Anambra and Imo after an imo local government of Njaba, the appropriate name will be Anim State recognising that the state is a new entity not an addition to any local government to avoid trouble.

Secondly, wat are the plans for power sharing between the imo and Anambra elements of the state?

Thirdly, the people of Orlu seem keen on this state, i just hope they are not entertaining any fantasy of monopolizing Government or focusing funds from all the local government primarily in Orlu. Orlu will not load things over anybody or operate an empire on the back of anybody.

Ndi Anambra ga gbaye unu nti.

U better hold a referendum to sort out issues with Ndi Ihiala and Anambra, possibly hold a referendum.
madam , why don't you go to abuja and complain. Better still NTA.

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lildreezy(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
ANIOMA STATE is needed in delta o! Enough of the marginalization by Urhobo's. Ibori and Uduaghan have created gaps that can't easily be bridged!

8 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by madridguy(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
This is a bad news, I don't see any good development in this rather than bringing us back as a nation. All we need is One Nigeria great Nation. Nigerian, let wake up and stop enriching all these selfish politician.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by tojahh(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Note that this is only a recommendation pending approval from the "Ogas at the top". So before lifting your hopes high, know that this might not see the light of the day. Anyway, I hope what needs to be done, gets done. Una welldone o
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
*erasing the name of my village from Etiti whatever* undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by majamajic(m): 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
18+ 36= 54 .
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by hensben(m): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy: is this all they can come up with?

more states
More polticians
More allocation
More embezlement
more tribal disparity
More division under ethnic lines
More trouble.

Blind mother f*ckers.They only do things to favour themselves,disregarding the plight of ordinary Nigerians.
this is it, bro you have said it all, more problem in nigeria and this thieves cant sense it.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by tosynomolara(f): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
We need a new state out of Kogi state - Okun state.
..dat's true ooo,those Igala r really cheating us cry

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Hookah(m): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
cococandy: I don't see how this will help Nigeria.
Or is it Airegin now?

Silly propositions. Focus on the major problems you dimwits!!!
thank God someone is thinking straight
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Hydronium(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
I struggled to'cram' 36 states and their capitals, now my children will have to'cram' 54... There is God in everything we do o...

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by chinex276(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mtsheeeewwww...is dis wat we need right naw...well Dey will just end up sharing d country.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by BizBloke(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
calebo101: maybe they should also create sambisia state for those chairmen in the North too, dash dem d whole forest abeg. lipsrsealed

Lmao. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Iamoilprince(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
I dnt tink its a good idea
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by bbdd: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lol
They're still proposing States in the north??
How sustainable is jigawa, taraba, kebbi, zamfara, gombe.
This whole thing is just a big joke
We want electricity, good roads, security, jobs.

No one gives a *** * about States

7 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by sovpounds(m): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
DickDastardly: They forgot Chibok State

Lol. grin
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by ruemu(m): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
interesting... wat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash / Desmond Elliot Constituency Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.