Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (104609 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by leisuretym: 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
36 + 18 = 54 governors , more sirens, more house of rep members and more senators
They are adding more additional 50% of our already bogus administrative cost!
Ummm,

6 more state in the South and northerns are getting 12 more states, is there any sense in this? Yorubas get 2. and igbo get two , funding more jeeps and more looters

14 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
We don't need new states.....because we don't have enough money to sustain them.

The existing states are too dependent on Abuja for money....and even projects. I have yet to see a state governor develop an inovative industrial economy.....instead they are mostly busy sharing money from Abuja....and sometimes allowing Abuja to do the work for them.

Instead of creating new states...let the old states develop a plan that will lead to them not being reliant on oil money in the next five years. Abuja can help by deducting 30% of the allocation to states, and spending it on power supply.....

That is a better idea....rather than create 18 new drains......

8 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by hensben(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
publicenemy: is this all they can come up with?

more states
More polticians
More allocation
More embezlement
more tribal disparity
More division under ethnic lines
More trouble.

Blind mother f*ckers.They only do things to favour themselves,disregarding the plight of ordinary Nigerians.
bro you have said it all but unfortunately those thieves will not sense all these problem you listed.
which way nigeria

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Remove Ihiala from your silly njaba state and continue!!!
how can you take a single local government from a state to merge it will multitude of local governments from another state? that's silly because there is going to be marginalization!
Add atleast 4 local governments from anambra in it.
This will ferment alot of troubles if these abnormalities in this njaba state is not corrected! quote me anywhere!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by disloman(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
EmeeNaka: Nigeria is not USA. We need more states. We need rotational presidency.
never knew u were this dumb.

9 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by dafoly: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Political rubbish. Why nt create more local govt wic is d bane 4 grassroot development 4 us to achieve national development.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by bola4dprec(m): 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Idrismusty97: Well we have to wait for the Senate to approve this. I doubts if everything would be approved considering the current state of our revenue. Some States would be scrapped out. Two States is proposed to be carved out of Niger alone. The only difference is that one of them(Kanji) would be merge with half of Kebbi while the other(Edu) would stand alone, The Senate may discard the latter.
Edu state will comprised of lafiagi and patigi presently in Kwara state
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Idrismusty97(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
aljazira: I disagree with you on the senate rejecting the latter.Instead a state for the Nupes(Edu)will be created and shelve the other option of kainji.Also note these two points.Niger state is the biggest in time of land mark whilst nothing the conference chairman Justice Kutigi is from the proposed Edu state.
You may be right caused most of those places(Lapai, mokwa, bida etc) are dominated by the Nupe people but Niger state is very diverse ethnically. There is more to the state creation than ethnicity. Maybe they are just separating the major ethnic groups in Niger.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Lero15(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ha! What of Kwara State nah. Ignorant peeps call me hausa man...chai. I be Yoruba ooo. Southern Kwara. Where are my Igbomina folks?

7 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by BabaO2: 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Useless,visionless,brainless people, they should kuku ma convert the LGAs and LGA areas to states. With 36 states we are still not bound together as a nation.
solution to Nigeria's problem is regional govt., and leave the rest to the regions to map out their own devts....

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by sovpounds(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Where would this state creation end? 100? 280? Complaints about marginalization would continue forever until we increase derivation to at least 50%. Even if we do that the lazy folks would still climb rooftops and scream marginalization.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by EngrDozzyMary(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

They cannot call a state comprising of Anambra and Imo after an imo local government of Njaba, the appropriate name will be Anim State recognising that the state is a new entity not an addition to any local government to avoid trouble.

Secondly, wat are the plans for power sharing between the imo and Anambra elements of the state?

Thirdly, the people of Orlu seem keen on this state, i just hope they are not entertaining any fantasy of monopolizing Government or focusing funds from all the local government primarily in Orlu. Orlu will not load things over anybody or operate an empire on the back of anybody.

Ndi Anambra ga gbaye unu nti.

U better hold a referendum to sort out issues with Ndi Ihiala and Anambra, possibly hold a referendum.
people lyk u r d probs we hv in d east! Smone 4rm d north dnt kia wat d name of d new st8 is or d mother state, dia interest is d northern region is xpanding. So, gentleman leave sentiments out! Wateva de cal d state, no issue @ al. Smtyms i wonder aw easterns ll manage Biafran if de r askd 2 go dia way 2day!

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by chinex276(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
chinex276: Mtsheeeewwww...is dis wat we need right naw...well Dey will just end up sharing d country.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by LONGFELLOW02(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
Akoko pple in ondo state suppose to be given a state. . .
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
*erasing the name of my village from Etiti whatever* undecided undecided angry angry
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
bbdd: Lol
They're still proposing States in the north??
How sustainable is jigawa, taraba, kebbi, zamfara, gombe.
This whole thing is just a big joke
We want electricity, good roads, security, jobs.

No one gives a *** * about States

The goal is for people to chopoil money...not to do development.

Nigerians do not do development. That is why our education, power and industrial sector are in a mess, and also why GEJ has to sometimes do the work of LGA' chairmen for them.....because many people would rather chop oil money.

I am yet to see a Northern governor develop a plan that would , say, train 50% of the youths in vocational and technical schools, as well as use agric products as the basis of new induustries (A lot of industrial and pharmaceutic products can be gotten from maize). Instead, like most of the rest of the country....they head to Abuja and collect their daily dose of oyel money

7 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by emmymdk: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bliss4Lyfe:

They cannot call a state comprising of Anambra and Imo after an imo local government of Njaba, the appropriate name will be Anim State recognising that the state is a new entity not an addition to any local government to avoid trouble.

Secondly, wat are the plans for power sharing between the imo and Anambra elements of the state?

Thirdly, the people of Orlu seem keen on this state, i just hope they are not entertaining any fantasy of monopolizing Government or focusing funds from all the local government primarily in Orlu. Orlu will not load things over anybody or operate an empire on the back of anybody.

Ndi Anambra ga gbaye unu nti.

U better hold a referendum to sort out issues with Ndi Ihiala and Anambra, possibly hold a referendum.
Clueless...

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Chino72: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nobody wants out from Anambra. Ihiala is not even interested, its those people from Imo state that are promoting Njaba stuff that are putting them in their calculations which will eventually fail. Those people can divide their state to create another state, we are not interested.

No part of Anambra is interested in their useless state creation. Anambra needs no addition nor subtraction. It feels great being an Anambran!

VICTORCIZA: Remove Ihiala from your silly njaba state and continue!!!
how can you take a single local government from a state to merge it will multitude of local governments from another state? that's silly because there is going to be marginalization!
Add atleast 4 local governments from anambra in it.
This will ferment alot of troubles if these abnormalities in this njaba state is not corrected! quote me anywhere!!!!

8 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by lastmessenger: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lord Centurion: nice one,this is the opportunity to create more job,even I support it if we can have 100 state,this will create chance for peace and beautify our country. ...let them have there own state
Whats the relationship between job creation and state creation? Or do you mean more jobs for the politicians?

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by cdamsel(f): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
E be like say everyone way go this confab dey think with their yarnsh

What's the basis of these new states creation?do they think before they speak?

They are absolutely no need for this states creation IMO

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Friendz4blue(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
emeka94 ur so on point....

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by And9: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Absolute rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by MEILYN(m): 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nairalanders? I thought this forum was filled with intelligent people? I am very disappointed in you guys. So you guys don't see the advantage of new states? You don't know it will bring development especially in infrastructure? Bring the government closer to the people? Woooooow. Na wa for ona ooo

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Idrismusty97(m): 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
bola4dprec: Edu state will comprised of lafiagi and patigi presently in Kwara state
These are the areas Edu state would be comprised of; Agagie, Bida North, Edati, Agbakoba, Katcha, Lapai, Labun and Mokwa Local Governments. I know mokwa,lapai and bida are in Niger States and they are predominantly Nupe people. The lafiagi and patigi you mentioned were not included in the proposed Edu state.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ghari state- gwarzo as capital city
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by lekanwj(m): 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
Whither Nigeria
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by MadCow1: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
At this juncture, I officially think this Confab is going to do more harm than good to this nation.

More states?! When many of the ones we have now are not economically viable and are more of a liability to the nation than an asset.

What happened to the federalism structure of government that we are supposed to be running? Rather than more states, why not decentralize power and move more towards empowering the LGAs as they are the nearest government to the people?

More states = More politicians = more people to steal our money = less money for the people. angry

I officially give up. angry

13 Likes

Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by Ayoswit(f): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
why nt
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by terrykarl(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
No problem, they can elect to have as many states as the number of local government areas in the country, as long as those states will be self sustaining and viable rather than depending on the manna that gush out of the land/deep sea and distributed from Abuja.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by MEILYN(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
bushdoc9919: We don't need new states.....because we don't have enough money to sustain them.

The existing states are too dependent on Abuja for money....and even projects. I have yet to see a state governor develop an inovative industrial economy.....instead they are mostly busy sharing money from Abuja....and sometimes allowing Abuja to do the work for them.

Instead of creating new states...let the old states develop a plan that will lead to them not being reliant on oil money in the next five years. Abuja can help by deducting 30% of the allocation to states, and spending it on power supply.....

That is a better idea....rather than create 18 new drains......
I beg to disagree with the bold. I agree with the other things you mentioned though.
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chino72: Nobody wants out from Anambra. Ihiala is not even interested, its those people from Imo state that are promoting Njaba stuff that are putting them in their calculations which will eventually fail. Those people can divide their state to create another state, we are not interested.

No part of Anambra is interested in their useless state creation. Anambra needs no addition nor subtraction. It feels great being an Anambran!

my big brother married from ihiala and the lady has been cursing and shouting about including ihiala in njaba state. Ihiala people should stay with their Anambra brothers.
orlu get your state and leave ihiala people alone
Re: The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital by nnamdibig(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
If approves by the senate, according to our useless constitution, it means creation of more ministries, having more ministers and ministers of states which we already have in excess. Meaning giving more to the reach and less to the poor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / SVC: All Norsemen Are Vikings But All Vikings Are Not Norsemen / Names & Pictures Of Officers Who Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.