Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438691 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 1:44am On Jul 22, 2014
Cheriepet:

hmmmmm... are u sure u are not drunk? dis new u is amazingcheesy
no blame me too much I'm drunk in love

like seriously I was referring to Anthony o
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:30am On Jul 22, 2014
Komzzy1: Reluctant bride is d best story i ve ever read on nairaland.i hope ds will b beta.Tiffany
tnx dear, hope you are enjoying this one?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:32am On Jul 22, 2014
ebysandra: loving the story
tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:39am On Jul 22, 2014
Queenxstar: I am sorry for reporting now, hope you forgive me.
looove this story, love the introduction and How you helped us remember each characters.
Anthony shouldn't meddle in Henry and Linda's marriage, I expect he should know better after the will. Every female is a gold digger in his eyes.
madam you are highly welcomed and totally forgiven.
Thanks dear for coming and the words of encouragement.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:42am On Jul 22, 2014
misspatsy: Hi Tiff!!I must confess u ar a veri gud writer dear.I actually read relunctant bride as a guest b4 NL had issues.great work uv got here keep it up
tnx alot dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:43am On Jul 22, 2014
orla01: More grease to ur elbow TiffanyJ,u're doing grt.Do av a grt week ahead.
tnx ma and i wish you same
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:46am On Jul 22, 2014
LyndaRoyce: You're doing a great job tiffany....
Am soooo loving the suspense.......
More power to your elbow!
Shout-out to all the "AMTCHO"(A man to call her own" family members....
thank you dear. How is the week going?

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by demgirls: 6:35am On Jul 22, 2014
am so loving the story. Henry ki na, easy o no come dey do gra gra, make sure you treat Linda like a lady. @ Linda u know ur kind of man. so go grab some endurance. @ Tiffany j u are so good.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 6:54am On Jul 22, 2014
demgirls: am so loving the story. Henry ki na, easy o no come dey do gra gra, make sure you treat Linda like a lady. @ Linda u know ur kind of man. so go grab some endurance. @ Tiffany j u are so good.

but in a real world is it possible for someone to fall for such irresponsible man,even when shes aware of her shady deeds
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 7:01am On Jul 22, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnx ma and i wish you same
You're welcome ma'am.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 7:05am On Jul 22, 2014
chii8:

but in a real world is it possible for someone to fall for such irresponsible man,even when shes aware of her shady deeds
True love knows no bounds nd its cord no mata wat cannot be severed.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 7:24am On Jul 22, 2014
kingphilip:
no blame me too much I'm drunk in love

like seriously I was referring to Anthony o

dis is not a matta of drunk in love n i know u are referring to dat big-headed Anthony
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by demgirls: 7:32am On Jul 22, 2014
chii8:
[quote author=chii8
that's why I wrote Linda should make endurance her second name. afterall she knows what she is getn into. as for me it's a big No, I will run for my dear life, cos it's difficult for such guys to change. but this beautiful thing called love can make some people act b4 thinking.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 8:19am On Jul 22, 2014
Cheriepet:

dis is not a matta of drunk in love n i know u are referring to dat big-headed Anthony
den come out clearly n tell me the reason for dat statement from u or is it part of ur agenda of getting at me?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by misspatsy(f): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnx alot dear
U welcome waiting patiently for more goodies
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by misspatsy(f): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2014
Nd I tot dis annoyin Mr Anthony wud av changed by now.I think dis man is naturally evil.even after wat he made Tara's mother go tru he can't even keep his silly mouth shut nd correct his mistakes by bn nyc 2 sum1 else,he is here callin Linda a gold digger wen he only married of his daughter all because if his selfish wants.mtchewww
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by misspatsy(f): 10:02am On Jul 22, 2014
How I wish Anthony cud just b deleted from dis story nw cos d man is making me want 2 join dis story n commit murder angry
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Henry followed his father home. He could barely contend his anger.
He waited for his uncles to leave for their various houses. As soon as he was alone with Anthony, Henry looked dangerously at his father.
'you are ruining everything'
'how?'
his father asked
'if you destroy this wedding, i won't forgive you. For goodness sake havn't you learnt your lessons with Tara?'
Henry asked his father.
'okay Henry, i've heard you. I was a bit harsh back there'
Henry left his father's flat and drove home. The house felt cold and empty. It didn't feel like a home anymore.
He missed Linda. He wanted her there with him. He needed to see her smile up at him.
She hardly even laughed anymore and he missed the rich sound of her laughter.
'Linda, you are mine. Mine and mine alone'
he said as he tried to assured himself.

After the introduction, Linda came to the conclusion that she was scared of getting married to Henry.
As the day came closer for Henry to come back for her brideprice, Linda became restless. She really can't wait to see Henry again.
The date set came, the brideprice was paid and the wedding scheduled to hold a month later.
Henry tried begging Linda to come with him, she refused.
'Linda, what about the preparations? With you here who will do it?'
he asked her.
'i'm not coming'
'why not? It's your damn wedding'
Henry shouted. Linda chose not to say a word.
I'm talking to you Linda'
'okay Henry, i don't want a grand wedding. I want it small and simple like Tara's.
Please, can you do this for me?'
'if you wish. But come to think of it Linda, we need to go house hunting. That flat will be too small for us'
Linda bit her bottom lip. Henry was right, she can't sleep in the same room that Henry brings his girls.
Her matrimonial bed won't be thesame one Henry had been sleeping with other women.
'buy the house, decorate it to your taste. I'm sure i will like it'
She told him sheeplessly. She had already made up her mind not to step her feet in Abuja until a week to the wedding.
'Linda, are you avoiding me?'
'no'
'then i won't hunt for any house. I will wait for you. We are doing this together'
'okay then'
Linda told him. He told her he wanted to say his goodbyes to Daisy. She led him to her bedroom where Daisy was sleeping. Henry gave her a peck and walked out.
It wasn't until later in the evening that Linda saw an envelop.
In the envelop was a check of half a million and a letter from Henry.
He wanted her to have it and buy whatever she will need.

Her mother called her for a private talk. She was teaching her all she needed to do to keep her husband.
Linda only noded. Her mother's principles were not hers. Her mother wanted her to have only a child with Henry, she wanted her to be a house wife, she wanted her to have sex twice a week with her husband.
Linda smiled and told her mother she will do just that. Experiance has thaught her to behave the complete fool whenever her mum was present.
Soon, it was time for her to leave for Abuja. Henry picked her up. Her parents will arrive on thursday.
Tara was happy to have Linda back. Soon, she began shopping for her wedding.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by pwettytemmy(f): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
FTC after the last post. great job tiffanyj
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Hameenat94(f): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
Y is Linda scared? Tot she loved Henry... Her mum self funny oh... D mum 2 lyk money...

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by vonn(f): 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Can't wait to see the end of this great work
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
vonn: Would you love to read or re-read my story 'STRANGE SAGA', then use the link below.
Thank you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1824457/strange-saga#24886584
oh pleeeeeease gv us a break,wats so interesting abt d story i found it vry ............. I dnt evn knw wat to cal it mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ummuja:
oh pleeeeeease gv us a break,wats so interesting abt d story i found it vry ............. I dnt evn knw wat to cal it mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
excuse me undecided wats wid d attitude..keep id 2 urself n stop gving ha dat... Tel me ur post n i'l tel u its worst dan dat...mtcheeeeeew

Vonn ...kudos
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
hmmmmmmmm lemme watch n c Hw it spans out
Tiffany two more updates before today runs out
Tnx for this though
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by vonn(f): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
ToriEmManson: excuse me undecided wats wid d attitude..keep id 2 urself n stop gving ha dat... Tel me ur post n i'l tel u its worst dan dat...mtcheeeeeew

Vonn ...kudos
God bless you dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote
author=ToriEmManson] excuse me undecided wats wid d attitude..keep id 2
urself n stop gving ha dat... Tel me ur post n i'l tel u its worst dan
dat...mtcheeeeeew

Vonn ...kudos[/quote]
I AM NT SURPRISED HMMM
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
vonn:
God bless you dear
Amen o o o o... Write ur story jawe... Me go follow... If e pain dem mek dem follow go write cheesy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
ToriEmManson: Amen o o o o... Write ur story jawe... Me go follow... If e pain dem mek dem follow go write cheesy
n u feel it's gud because u r writing a story to bump into another story to advertise ur threads? please check it out to me it's not done dat way atleast u should have told the owner of the thread not to get angry before stating ur intention of advertising
Tnx for ur anticipated correction to take
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
CHAPTER FIVE

two days after Linda arrived at Abuja, Henry told her he had found a house for them at maitama.
The previous owner was a medical doctor. He had moved into the house two months ago but needed to sell it off due to the fact that him and his family were relocating to the united States of America.
He was offered a permanent appointment at a reputable hospital back there. He had put the house on the market
Linda alight from the car and stared at the duplex in facination.
It was painted in dark ash. Linda noticed a man of about fourty at the front door. He walked up to them.
Henry introduced him as estate egent. Together, they walked into the house. Linda sigh in admiration.
The living room was very large. It was painted blue, with brown two-seater sofa. The tiles were sparkling. A flat-screen Tv was deposited at the wall with speakers on a stool.
Linda noticed four occational tables in-between the cushions. Each cushion has throw pillow.
At the centre of the room was a see-through glass table and a beautiful blue rug.
The dining room was located at the other half of the living room. It was simple but elegant.
She walked into the kitchen. It contained almost every modern appliances.
She took her time in this room. Everything looked new. It even has a breakfast bar and a dishwasher.
She simply loved the kitchen. Henry and the estate agent followed her up the stairs to the master's bedroom. She didn't like the room. Henry assured her that she could change whatever she wanted.
The bathroom was big with a bathtub and a shower cubicle.
'Henry, if you can afford this house, i see no reason why we shouldn't buy it. It's so perfect'
Linda told him happily. Henry drew her into his arms for a kiss. He put the kiss to an end and informed the Agent that they intend buying the house.
The duplex has four bedrooms upstairs, each with it's bath. There was another bedroom downstairs, kitchen, dining room and a study.
On their way home, Henry suprised Linda when he took her for dinner at her favourite resturant. She had really missed Abuja.
He drove her to the Nicholas mansion. He bade her a goodnight before driving away.

Linda realised that there was hardly time for leisure. With Tara as her companion, they had comb the capital shopping. Her wedding gown was made up of a fine silk. It was a tube with no hand and had fit in perfectly.
She picked a white wedge for her wedding. The veil was also lace.
Linda had refused to buy a wedding gown, she saw no use in spending money on a clothe she will wear only once and leave it to rot in a box.
She therefore rented the gown, veil and the gloves. Her jewelleries were specially collected by Tara.
She had insisted it was her wedding present to Linda. It was a pair of of ivory clip-on earring with it's pendant.
Her family arrived on thursday evening and had lodged in a modest and comfortable hotel.
Her proud father won't even accept the Nicholas invitation to stay with them. Tara accompanied her to welcome them.
After spending two hours, Joshua had leaned and whispered to Linda,
'what a pity your friend is married'
Linda smiled up to her brother and whispered back,
'And very much in love with her husband. Don't let her husband catch you staring at her, he's got a hell of a temper'
'noted'
Joshua told her. Her father had told her that, Tara was the sweetest millionaire he had met.
'good friends are hard to find, hold on the ones you have, cause when you let go of them, you can never get them back'
Her father told her with a smile. Linda noded in understanding.
On friday, Linda had visited the saloon and made her hair into a french pleat. She fixed her nails and ran last minutes errand.
She hadn't seen Henry for three days now. He too was busy at his own end.
'i'm getting married tomorrow'
that was the last thing on her mind before she finally fell into a deep slumber.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
so after the visit to d saloon she still had time to sleep
Tiffany Tnx for d late dinner... u r gud
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Culin(f): 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
Wedding bells.. I just hope lynda won't panick and change her mind later on...nice work Gal *thumbs up*
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by wonder3(f): 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
Following this one bumper to bumper as I missed the reluctant bride which divepen has not updated in dayssssssnow cry
U really good@tiffanyJ kiss...more ink to ur pen.tenks for dinner,af belle full grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.