Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438573 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
and who is Henry angry @ again?!!!
Tiff u continue to add twists n turns to make more harder to conclude.... weldone girl

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by BashirAhmad1(m): 1:25am On Jul 30, 2014
Good Miss Tiffy, the story is going to change direction.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 5:22am On Jul 30, 2014
the powers that be dictates what happens in da society
well lemme continue watching before I chop off someone's head

Tiffany nice one dear ride on

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 8:39am On Jul 30, 2014
So if henry no come from an influential family what would av happen?this world where d rich have their way but the poor ones nko?keep up the gud wrk tiffany

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Lalaity: 9:04am On Jul 30, 2014
Tiff you are the best.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2014
CHAPTER SIX
Linda stared at the tall man who had just entered. There was no resemblance whatsover between him and Henry.
'Henry, who is he?'
She asked her husband who pretended not to hear her. She asked him again.
'for Godsake Linda, forget about him. Let's go home, i'm cold'
Henry told her in a don't argue with me voice.
'Anthony, you are not helping matters at all. Father still can't believe neither you nor Henry invited him to the wedding'
The man told Anthony Joseph.
' Henry was adamant, he didn't want you there'
Anthony interjected. Henry thanked his father, then Jordan and Tara. Pulling Linda to him, he walked into the cold night.
His father followed him out.
'Henry, this is not how to treat your uncle. Your mother wouldn't have tolerated you treating her father and brother this way'
Anthony told him. Henry laughed bitterly. He glared at his uncle.
'father, mother won't be here to witness this. All thanks to my maternal family, she is dead and i want nothing to do with them'
He hurriedly boarded his car and waited for Linda to board. He drove away as soon as she was settled.
He drove quietly for a few minutes. Linda waited in vain for him to explain what had happened, he didn't.
'Care to tell me what had happened back there?'
she asked him.
'nope'
he answered grimly. Linda angrily turned her face straight. They drove home quietly, each with his or her thoughts.
As soon as they got home, Linda alight. She quietly climb the stairs to their room. She was suprised to see everything changed.
Henry had thoughtfully ordered the room decorated in pink. She smiled at the beauty of the room and walked to the bathroom. It was decorated in blue.
She smiled again but stopped herself when she heard her husband's foot steps. He opened the door and brought in their suitcases.
She ignored him and walked to the bathroom for a shower. After bathing, she dressed in a pink night dress.
'you can go get something in the kitchen if you are hungry'
Henry told her. She walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Oh yes, it was well stocked up. She poured water into the electric kettle and plugged it to boil, after which she made a cup of tea for herself.
She drank it up, rinsed the cup and went back to the room. She heard Henry in the bath.
Linda quietly slipped into bed and feigned sleep when she heard her husband emerged from the bathroom.
She heard him slipped in beside her. He pulled her to him and they both fell into a deep slumber.

she worked up early to prepare breakfast for them. No one needed to tell her that although she was angry with her husband, she ought to perform her task as a wife lets another woman offer to do it.
She fried irish potatoes and eggs. Boiled water and poured it into the water flask.
She was setting the table when Henry walked downstairs.
'goodmorning sweetypie'
he told her.
'morning to you too'
she replied.
'wow, what's for breakfast?'
'chips, eggs and tea'
she told him.
They ate in silence. When it was over, Linda packed everything to the kitchen and washed them up.
'you will need help Linda. We should hire a maid'
her husband told her.
'i'm not complaining Henry, at least not now'
'okay then, we should go get Daisy. And by the way, don't you think she ought to start school?'
He asked her.
'you are right. I wanted her to start by september'
Linda told him.
'who was that man Henry?'
stop nagging Linda and be a wife and mother. He walked out leaving a confused Linda.

7 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by bibie01(f): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2014
Thank you Tiffany, mind blowing updates as usual.

Henry pls calm down n explain to ur wife, she needs to know everything abt you.
Btw, they have relatives sha. They are just coming from different angles.

All thanks to d brain behind d story, Tiffany.

Keep d updates coming, you rock!

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by SexySapphire(f): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2014
Nice story TiffanyJ, bin enjoyin and followin from the reluctant bride and I can tell u dat u've got an amazing story.
Its bin lovely all the way but however, i tink u shud cut back the use of anger, the rate at which the xters get angry is too much esp Jordan and Henry. There are som parts wia they ought to relax buh they jst flair up.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hmmm....dats all i v to say,ds op,u r so so twisted.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Hameenat94(f): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
Look @ d way money z ruling d world... Nyc update

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
bibie01: Thank you Tiffany, mind blowing updates as usual.

Henry pls calm down n explain to ur wife, she needs to know everything abt you.
Btw, they have relatives sha. They are just coming from different angles.

All thanks to d brain behind d story, Tiffany.

Keep d updates coming, you rock!
tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
SexySapphire: Nice story TiffanyJ, bin enjoyin and followin from the reluctant bride and I can tell u dat u've got an amazing story.
Its bin lovely all the way but however, i tink u shud cut back the use of anger, the rate at which the xters get angry is too much esp Jordan and Henry. There are som parts wia they ought to relax buh they jst flair up.
your observations are noted. Tnx alot
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
chii8: Hmmm....dats all i v to say,ds op,u r so so twisted.
lol
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Iolite(f): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wow! I love these power tussles. See levels cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
They had a quite drive to the Nicholas mansion. Daisy shrieked in excitement as soon as the nanny in charge of her brought her downstairs.
Linda couldn't wait, she ran towards them and retrieved her daughter from the nanny.
'i missed you so much my little one'
She told Daisy as she enfolded her in a hug.
'We should get going Linda'
Henry announced.
'but we just got in here'
Linda told him.
'this isn't our home. Let's go home'
Both Linda and Tara watched Henry as he walked out of the door.
Soon, a maid appeared to inform Linda that her husband was patiently waiting for her.
'Tara, please do you know who that man was?'
'who?'
'yesterday, at the station. Henry doesn't want to talk about it'
Linda told her sister-in-law. Tara sighed.
'Jordan told me his name is Jerry. He is their late mother's younger brother.
He wouldn't tell me more. He said Henry should explain to me'
Linda sighed, she informed a maid to bring down Daisy suitcase.
She bid Tara goodbye and walked out to her husband with a maid at her heels.
She managed to smile at him. He ignored her and drove the car away. He stopped at a resturant and they had a quick lunch after which they headed back home.
'i'm gonna start searching for a job tomorrow'
Linda announced.
'sweetypie, i'm more than capable of taking care of you. All i want is for you to be a good wife and mother'
'please, we don't have to argue over this. Daisy will soon start school. What will i be doing at home?'
'be my wife. I won't let you work, atleast not with the likes of Terry in town'
'but i want to earned my own money'
Linda insisted.
'If that is the case, i will pay in two hundred thousand naira monthly into your account'
Linda remained mute. How can Henry be so inconsiderate? She didn't seem to understand him these days.
'come Linda, i have something to show you'
She first checked on a sleep Daisy before following him up the stairs. He gave her a box. She unsealed it and found herself staring at a pair of diamond earrings.
'do you like it?'
'yes'
he moved towards her and embrace her in a hug. He disengaged himself from her and quickly sealed her lips with his.
'Linda, you are my wife'
he told her as he undid the button of her blouse. Linda didn't protest, she welcomed his touch and forgot the world.

the week went by uneventful. Linda woke up early to prepare breakfast for her husband.
As soon as he left for work, she bath and feed her daughter before doing her chores. Henry was a very tidy person, she tried her best to make sure that every part of the house was tidy.
She was always available for him in the evenings. She wanted him to not look at any other woman but her.
Whenever she tried discussing getting a job he gets upset. One friday, he barged angrily into the kitchen holding a pack of pills.
'when did we agree we don't need kids anymore?'
'I'm not ready for another child Henry. I need time to adjust to...'
he cut her short
'I want a child. No more pills Linda'
'No Henry. I'm not ready'
He walked out for work without taking any breakfast. Linda cried herself to sleep. What does Henry wanted of her now? She vowed to continue taking the pills come what.
He didn't come back home that night. He returned on sunday for a change of clothes and left soon after.
Linda didn't see her husband for two more days and he wouldn't pick her calls.
On tuesday, She made Lunch for him. She dressed in a blue skirt and white blouse. She tucked in and picked a pair of white two inches shoes.
She dropped Daisy at her grandfather's before driving away.
She had been to Henry's office twice. Finding it wasn't difficult at all.
His secretary went on her feet as soon as she saw Linda.
'Good afternoon ma'
'Afternon Esther'
she said and hurriedly went to get into his office.
'ma, wait up, you can't go in yet'
Linda ignored the secretary and pushed the knob with a smile- a smile that quickly disappeared from her face.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by bobostykah(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hmmmmmm HENRY

what is all these?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by jader: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
ohh Henry. must u start ur usual habit just because of a misunderstanding?
Poor Linda I feel sorry 4 her sadohh Henry. must u start ur usual habit just because of a misunderstanding?
Poor Linda I feel sorry 4 her

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by queen47: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hmmm. Henry! You have started again

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
I hope it isn't what am thinking oooo.keep up the good work tiffany

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Hameenat94(f): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Make e no brk Linda @ oh

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
readin wv one eyes closed...Henry behave ursef now! which way?!

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
Henry knows better than to be promiscuous at this early stage of their matrimony.....
he need to learn that he's now a husband and a father!
Nice1 tiffany!
I'm soooo enjoying this

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Epathra(f): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
Henry wants to have what he is not ready to give. Linda pele. U need a city full of patience. U knew that b4 walking into ΐτ̅. Tiffanyj thank God u r doing good now.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by pricelesslove(f): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
nawa oooo. Henry self, e nor dey change Well done dear. more ink to your pen. hope u are okay now?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Culin(f): 12:19am On Jul 31, 2014
It better not be what I'm thinking..maybe she walked in and found him crying or she saw terry in his office..better not be a woman..or else..Divorce!!

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:57am On Jul 31, 2014
...and I found my way back here.

Well done, Tiffany!!
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 6:09am On Jul 31, 2014
This kind of family gan
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:37am On Jul 31, 2014
seunviju: I hope it isn't what am thinking oooo.keep up the good work tiffany
tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2014
Epathra: Henry wants to have what he is not ready to give. Linda pele. U need a city full of patience. U knew that b4 walking into ΐτ̅. Tiffanyj thank God u r doing good now.
i'm good, all thanks to God and your various prayers
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2014
pricelesslove: nawa oooo. Henry self, e nor dey change Well done dear. more ink to your pen. hope u are okay now?
i'm fine, tnx ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: ...and I found my way back here.

Well done, Tiffany!!
thank you oga
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: ...and I found my way back here.

Well done, Tiffany!!
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.