Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Amazing Real Events In Pictures - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Amazing Real Events In Pictures (1016 Views)

Year 2015 Hilarious And Memorious Events In Photos / In Pictures: Fashola Beautifies Eko Atlantic City Lagos Ahead Of 2015, New Year / The Real Difference Between Men And Women In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Real Events In Pictures by Engen(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
I saw a post yesterday about controversial images of the past so I decided to share this with you guys I got it from an amazing site. It's about pictures taken that words not enough for expressions.

There are absolutely no words to describe some of these photos. Some are really incredible to behold and some are seriously heartbreaking… I have to admit, I shed some tears with one or two of them. Have a look and see how you feel about them.

# 1 Keep Your Hands off My Mother

It was in 1987, when the Minneapolis police responded to a 911 call. It was a boy named Diamond who made the call saying that his father, Ferrato, was physically beating his mother. Diamond was the first child that Ferrato had ever seen who stood up for his mother… this is a moment when most kids are really afraid and they will just leave it.

This photo not only left an impression on Ferrato and the police, but it was also named one of the most influential photos in the world by Life Magazine. 20 years later, Ferrato found Diamond again—his parents are still together in a happy, healthy relationship.

#2 This Year I am Alone

Belarus Konstantin Pronin, is an 86-year old World War II veteran. As you can see, he is sitting on a bench where he waits for his comrade at the Gorky Park during Victory Day in Moscow, Russia.
This photo was taken on 9 May, 2011, but that year, Belarus was the only one from the unit who showed up. Makes one think hey?

#3 Starved Kids

This is wrong in more ways than one. When you look at the statistics of how many starving people, kids especially, there is out there, you would think that people would have some compassion, wouldn’t you? This Turkish official is teasing starving Armenian kids by showing them a piece of bread. This was during the Armenian Genocide in 1915. Just wrong!...well let's move on coming up at number four is
#4 Wake Up Daddy

Being an alcoholic is not an easy path, but we have to remember that this is a family disease. This means that when you are an alcoholic, your whole family is affected, not only you. In this picture the boy is trying to wake up his alcoholic father on the side walk. Doesn’t this just break your heart into tiny little pieced? Image what must be going through the boys head!

Re: Amazing Real Events In Pictures by Mutuwa(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
*continues playing tic tac toe*
Re: Amazing Real Events In Pictures by Engen(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
#5Last Picture Alive

When you are an engineer, life can be full of surprises some days, but would you expect something like this to happen? Two engineers dies when the windmill they were working on caught fire and this might have been the very last picture of them alive. The picture was taken on 29 October, 2013 in the Netherlands.

[sup]#6[/sup] A Real Life Painting

This is absolutely incredible! This looks like someone painted this, but in actual fact, it is not a painting it is a real photo. This was taken in the orange Sossuslei sand dunes in Namibia. The part that looks like a bright orange sky, is in actual fact the sand! Nature can be really amazing at times, don’t you think?

[b]#7[/b]Last Picture Alive

When you are an engineer, life can be full of surprises some days, but would you expect something like this to happen? Two engineers dies when the windmill they were working on caught fire and this might have been the very last picture of them alive. The picture was taken on 29 October, 2013 in the Netherlands.

#8Think I am Safe

There are some places on earth where it is just impossible to have that feeling of safety and as human being this is something we crave. When it is in the middle of the ocean, I am not sure if you will ever have that feeling, although this man looks like he feels quit safe despite what is going on around him. He is standing very casually near the lighthouse barrier, but the waves are crashing vigorously around him.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Now Charges 500/year To Keep Your Sim / Is Leggings A Sexually Attractive Outfit, Whats Your View/comment? / Omosexual Murders Partner In Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.