Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Kung Fu In Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kung Fu In Nigeria (12009 Views)

Kung Fu Master Shows Off His Skills By Hanging Himself With Rope From A Tree / Kung Fu Centre / WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE MARTIAL ART( kung fu) film star? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2015
kung fu cannot work effectively in street fights where survival is key or in real life situations where your life is at risk.

•Jeet Kun do
•Krav maga
•Muay Thai
•Western boxing
• & Keysi are more realistic martial arts.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
Do you even know the meaning of Kung Fu? Are you a martial artist? If yes, what style do you practice?
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
darkenedrebel:
kung fu cannot work effectively in street fights where survival is key or in real life situations where your life is at risk.

•Jeet Kun do
•Krav maga
•Muay Thai
•Western boxing
• & Keysi are more realistic martial arts.

For your information, Kung Fu is the most effective way of defending yourself in a street fight or in a real life situation... Another point you don't understand is that all the Arts you mentioned are curlled from Kung Fu. Gong Fu gave birth to all other martial arts. Another thing to be successful in real life situation is the way you train...

Lastly, don't confuse traditional Kung Fu with contemporary Wushu... They are two different thing... Further your research to know more about effective fighting way of Kung Fu...
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Pataki: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
The problem for me is, why learn kungfu when just one bullet can do the trick?
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2015
ShifuWhite:

For your information, Kung Fu is the most effective way of defending yourself in a street fight or in a real life situation... Another point you don't understand is that all the Arts you mentioned are curlled from Kung Fu. Gong Fu gave birth to all other martial arts. Another thing to be successful in real life situation is the way you train...

Lastly, don't confuse traditional Kung Fu with contemporary Wushu... They are two different thing... Further your research to know more about effective fighting way of Kung Fu...

i know this.. Of course, Wushu is only pleasing to the eye, but isn't as half as effective as it looks. It's more of a dance to me.
something like IP Man Wing-Chun & a mixture of Jeet-Kune-Do & Muay Thai or Krav Maga would work better in street fights..

how many kung fu fighters in UFC have you seen coming up trump in their brawls? the ratio is ridiculously low
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
ShifuWhite:
Do you even know the meaning of Kung Fu? Are you a martial artist? If yes, what style do you practice?

I use to practice western boxing & take karate classes as a kid. But now, i self-tain with punching bags, & sometimes i just shadow-box...trust me, I'm well versed in martial arts to not know what Kung Fu means...
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by louwheez: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
#team karate
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 02, 2016
Am very very interested in martial arts, why I am not active is cos I've not seen where to learn. I stay around ejigbo and very enthusiastic cos I will be furthering my career in the military so need the added advantage. How do I start, where do I start? Am in my 20s and will appreciate your response.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I use to practice western boxing & take karate classes as a kid. But now, i self-tain with punching bags, & sometimes i just shadow-box...trust me, I'm well versed in martial arts to not know what Kung Fu means...

Then... what is Kung Fu?
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
darkenedrebel:

i know this.. Of course, Wushu is only pleasing to the eye, but isn't as half as effective as it looks. It's more of a dance to me.
something like IP Man Wing-Chun & a mixture of Jeet-Kune-Do & Muay Thai or Krav Maga would work better in street fights..

how many kung fu fighters in UFC have you seen coming up trump in their brawls? the ratio is ridiculously low

I said it earlier that you dont know what kung fu really are..... Wing Chun is a subset of Kung Fu and it was develop by a shaolin Nun. also, the wushu has its meaning likewise kung fu.

There are Traditional Shaolin Wushu which are not meant for sport and contemporary wushu which are mainly for sport and with certain rules.... I will like you to name those Kung fu fighters that participated in UFC that lost to the fight, then will do some research on their kung fu training background... for how long thy've been practicing Kung Fu before showing up for UFC?

If you dont know... there are some factors to be considered before taking up fight as a kung fu practioner, and majority of us dont practice because we wanna use it on the ring for show off or to proof you are the best fighter...

Many don't train intensely enough.

There aren't a lot of kung fu guys out there putting the same number of hours in on a daily basis; and even when they do put in the hours, they don't do the things that are necessary for MMA success. Grueling things. Things that, for most people, are painfully unpleasant. Things like lots of sparring. At least some hard-contact sparring. Lots of hard (in kung fu parlance, "external". ) strength and conditioning.

Some will say they trained in internal skill of Kung fu, so they don't need to have muscles or cardiovascular endurance. What they don't realize is that [legendary fighter] became legendary because he put in very similar types and quantities of painful, grueling training that today's MMA fighters do.

Or you wanna tell me that TAI CHI is not effective in real fight? or "Do You think the Yangs [the family that founded the very real combat method Yang-family Taijiquan] just stood in one place doing nice slow forms in the park to learn how to fight, do you? That's just what they showed the public. Then they went home, closed the doors so nobody could see, and did the really hard stuff!"

In any case, I think it's obvious that if most kung fu guys don't train hard enough, long enough, or intensely enough, they're going to fail at MMA. As they say, "Conditioning is the best technique," and "fatigue makes cowards of us all." Need I say more on this?

Kung fu wasn't designed for the rules that govern MMA. ... i dont need to say much on this....

Kung fu often has a long learning curve, and many kung fu practitioners who might be successful don't want to engage in combat sports.

Let's start with what I mean by a learning curve. If you go to a boxing or kickboxing gym, and you train hard every day, you're going to very quickly develop skills that can directly be used in a fight (whether real or sport). I can't imagine a guy who's spent say, three to six months seriously training in one of these disciplines who couldn't use what he learned in the ring right away. So fighting ability increases at quite a steep rate right from the start.

Kung fu isn't like that. There's a lot more foundational work involved. Some styles, for instance, have you training stance-holding for six months before you get to learn anything else. Six months. Now, such training is necessary (no, it's not the teacher just being hash, or "testing your patience/sincerity/character. ) Stancework or footwork provides real benefits, attributes that are essential to everything that will follow, and they cannot be developed in any other way that I know of.

But obviously, a guy who's been training kung fu for six months (by which I mean stance training) who steps into the ring is totally going to get his ass kicked. The learning curve is so gradual in the beginning that it can take a decade or more of serious training to get to the point where real fighting skills are conferred.

To go again with wing chun, some variants of wing chun kung fu were developed to give revolutionaries some stripped-down, basic capabilities in a much shorter time than traditional, more orthodox, older styles. You know how long they estimated? Three years. Three years was the "let's take a bunch of short cuts and really rush things" time frame, and it was actually really fast -- if you compare that to time frames of 10 to 15 years for other Chinese styles....
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
LASTLY You do not see any martial arts in MMA in their pure traditional form. That is why it is called MIXED martial arts. It is MIXED in parts. People can't seem to understand this is why pure traditional Kung Fu is not seen in MMA.

Furthermore, pure traditional Kung Fu could not be used anyway in MMA matches due to rules and restrictions prohibiting various vital strikes and moves (which is why, as with other martial arts in MMA, Kung Fu is only seen in parts). Fighters ARE using Kung Fu in MMA and it is suitable. The pure traditional form, which is amazingly effective, is NOT suitable and cannot be used because MMA is a sport with rules and regulations. There are no aspects of MMA that are in accordance with the fighting style inside pure traditional Shaolin Kung Fu. Also Kung Fu has the advantage that it trains for multiple attackers while MMA is one on one.

Furthermore, Pure Traditional Kung Fu is not a “fighting sport” but it is a self defense; it is a self discipline; it is beautiful and harmonious; and it is a meditative way of life.

However some aspects of Kung Fu have been utilized in the ring. Sascha Matuszak, multimedia journalist in China, stated, “I think what is lacking is the recognition that certain techniques used today in MMA are straight out of Chinese Kung Fu. Headkicks, sidekicks, oblique kicks, elbows, centerline strikes … all of these are very prominent and basic features of Chinese Kung Fu.”
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Zammy123(m): 3:17am On Aug 11, 2016
so sir whiteshifu u know d kinda world we live in now esp a place like Ibadan where i stay.. which martial art wud u say its bud for street fight , karate or kung fu's tai chi??
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 9:26am On Aug 15, 2016
Zammy123:
so sir whiteshifu u know d kinda world we live in now esp a place like Ibadan where i stay.. which martial art wud u say its bud for street fight , karate or kung fu's tai chi??

As for me... I will only recommend you go into any art you have much interest in, take up the training regularly and focus on improving your skills for street fight and your health.

As a martial artist of ten years experience, I realised that there is no inferior arts anywhere in the world, the effectiveness of any style depends on the practitioner.

Believe me, a boxer who trained himself better to cover up some disadvantages he has against Kung Fu practitioner can beat any Kung Fu man.

Lastly... Master Li Lianjie (Jet Li) said: No weapon is useless, the effectiveness depends on the person holding the weapon.

1 Like

Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by SalihuZakariyya(m): 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
That's very good.I'm a martial artist too,I trained on wing chun, kick boxing and Jeet kune do (Self discovery ).Nigeria is very poor in Kung Fu, I just got luck to know the man that is a wing chun adept.How can this Kung fu (martial art) develop in Nigeria?, question that keeps me busy.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Zammy123(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2016
SalihuZakariyya:
That's very good.I'm a martial artist too,I trained on wing chun, kick boxing and Jeet kune do (Self discovery ).Nigeria is very poor in Kung Fu, I just got luck to know the man that is a wing chun adept.How can this Kung fu (martial art) develop in Nigeria?, question that keeps me busy.
that's great sir.. three good martial arts. . sir my questions are as follows. .. 1) is muay thai also what we know as kickboxing? 2) if u re faced with a good trained zoro joy boxer in a core street fight, which of the 3 martial arts(wiy chun, muay thai or jeet kune do) is best for defend and attack?
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by SalihuZakariyya(m): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
Zammy123:
that's great sir.. three good martial arts. . sir my questions are as follows. .. 1) is muay thai also what we know as kickboxing? 2) if u re faced with a good trained zoro joy boxer in a core street fight, which of the 3 martial arts(wiy chun, muay thai or jeet kune do) is best for defend and attack?
1)you see,muay Thai and kick boxing are parenthood of each other. muay thaist and kick boxers shares great things in common but have different goals. there are different types of muay Thai with different rules. is just like wing chun and jeet kune do,they are slightly different from each other. so,to de best of my knowledge kick boxing is not muay Thai so as wing chun is not jeet kune do.2)I will never fool anybody,wing chun is a soft martial art.I will advice de person to train in jeet June do,because it's takes or picks de best way of combat from various martial arts "pick de best and hack away at de in essential ",To me jeet June do is a mixed martial arts. even today muay Thai has being reduced to sport with rules. no rules in jeet June do,no tit-for-tat, no choreography, no flashy movements .so,jeet kune do shows de realities of combat in different situations, is one of de best for street situations. thanks.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Zammy123(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
SalihuZakariyya:
1)you see,muay Thai and kick boxing are parenthood of each other. muay thaist and kick boxers shares great things in common but have different goals. there are different types of muay Thai with different rules. is just like wing chun and jeet kune do,they are slightly different from each other. so,to de best of my knowledge kick boxing is not muay Thai so as wing chun is not jeet kune do.2)I will never fool anybody,wing chun is a soft martial art.I will advice de person to train in jeet June do,because it's takes or picks de best way of combat from various martial arts "pick de best and hack away at de in essential ",To me jeet June do is a mixed martial arts. even today muay Thai has being reduced to sport with rules. no rules in jeet June do,no tit-for-tat, no choreography, no flashy movements .so,jeet kune do shows de realities of combat in different situations, is one of de best for street situations. thanks.
thanks a lot sir.. I train boxing and I practise kung fu during my two weeks stay in abuja(it was hell upon earth for me because of d kicks practise, thus I hardly sleep at night due to body pains).. I wud be going to lagos next week precisely iyana paja.. I was actually thinking of muay thai due to d awesomeness of tony jaa in ong back and d new fast and furious 7 but I guess it would take years for me to be fast like him so I already choose jeet kune do as u av sed because no one needs a show off on street.. do u know any jeet kune do academy around iyana paja dat I can enrol in for d next one month dat I would be there??
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by SalihuZakariyya(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Zammy123:
thanks a lot sir.. I train boxing and I practise kung fu during my two weeks stay in abuja(it was hell upon earth for me because of d kicks practise, thus I hardly sleep at night due to body pains).. I wud be going to lagos next week precisely iyana paja.. I was actually thinking omuay thai due to d awesomeness of tony jaa in ong back and d new fast and furious 7 but I guess it would take years for me to be fast like him so I already choose jeet kune do as u av sed because no one needs a show off on street.. do u know any jeet kune do academy around iyana paja dat I can enrol in for d next one month dat I would be there??
jeet kune do is not an organized institution or academic process,it's eclectic and hybrid. there are many martial artists that build schools of jeet kune do just for their egos.jkd is a self-discovery.
To cut the story short,for instance, you are a boxer then you seek the formless,patternless, shapeless or emptiness that means you're know longer stick to de movements of your teacher.boxers are known for their fist,when u apply kicks to it without being though, that means u have the highest level of proficiency and self-discovery.
we have two types of jkd practitioners,

1)jkd and
2)jkd concept practitioners
all of these are in Tao of jeet kune do
Make researches in as many martial arts as u can,then gather their movements and mentality to pick the realities and the ones that suit u then hack away at de inessential.
TAO OF JEET KUNE DO
1)SEEK THE TRUTH
seek de reality of combat for your self,rely on yourself.
2)BECOME AWARE OF THE TRUTH
know what you're looking for,don't be in denial wen u discovered it.don't dwell in martial artists lie,adjust your training to wat u know is real.
3)PERCEIVE THE TRUTH
Gather as many facts as possible before forming a perception.
4)EXPERIENCE THE TRUTH
wen u discover wat u perceive to be truth, put it to de test.
5)MASTER THE TRUTH
Once u have experience de truth to be true,master it,den add it to your training regimen.
6)FORGET THE TRUTH AND THE CARRIER OF THE TRUTH
It means,if de truth u learned was punching skills, de carrier of dat truth comes from boxing. there is no longer need to associate dem with boxing, u have absorbed wat is useful and rejected wat is useless.
7)EMPTINESS
This is de highest gaol of all martial artists, u have learn it all den forget it all.
jkd is a continues learning and never ends (dat is self discovery).
It's not dat there's no jkd teachers,but de real ones will tell u dat is not academy or school. the wise ones call it "combat way".techniques varies, no pattern,no uniforms, no bear-foot training. they help u to know de reality of combat and teaches u de one dat suit u,many students with different skills.
I don't know if there is any in Nigeria.
DISCOVER YOURSELF
"YOUR ONE KICK THAT U PRACTICES CAN DEFEAT THE 1000 KICKS THAT HE PRACTICES"
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Zammy123(m): 2:52am On Nov 03, 2016
SalihuZakariyya:
jeet kune do is not an organized institution or academic process,it's eclectic and hybrid. there are many martial artists that build schools of jeet kune do just for their egos.jkd is a self-discovery.
To cut the story short,for instance, you are a boxer then you seek the formless,patternless, shapeless or emptiness that means you're know longer stick to de movements of your teacher.boxers are known for their fist,when u apply kicks to it without being though, that means u have the highest level of proficiency and self-discovery.
we have two types of jkd practitioners,

1)jkd and
2)jkd concept practitioners
all of these are in Tao of jeet kune do
Make researches in as many martial arts as u can,then gather their movements and mentality to pick the realities and the ones that suit u then hack away at de inessential.
TAO OF JEET KUNE DO
1)SEEK THE TRUTH
seek de reality of combat for your self,rely on yourself.
2)BECOME AWARE OF THE TRUTH
know what you're looking for,don't be in denial wen u discovered it.don't dwell in martial artists lie,adjust your training to wat u know is real.
3)PERCEIVE THE TRUTH
Gather as many facts as possible before forming a perception.
4)EXPERIENCE THE TRUTH
wen u discover wat u perceive to be truth, put it to de test.
5)MASTER THE TRUTH
Once u have experience de truth to be true,master it,den add it to your training regimen.
6)FORGET THE TRUTH AND THE CARRIER OF THE TRUTH
It means,if de truth u learned was punching skills, de carrier of dat truth comes from boxing. there is no longer need to associate dem with boxing, u have absorbed wat is useful and rejected wat is useless.
7)EMPTINESS
This is de highest gaol of all martial artists, u have learn it all den forget it all.
jkd is a continues learning and never ends (dat is self discovery).
It's not dat there's no jkd teachers,but de real ones will tell u dat is not academy or school. the wise ones call it "combat way".techniques varies, no pattern,no uniforms, no bear-foot training. they help u to know de reality of combat and teaches u de one dat suit u,many students with different skills.
I don't know if there is any in Nigeria.
DISCOVER YOURSELF
"YOUR ONE KICK THAT U PRACTICES CAN DEFEAT THE 1000 KICKS THAT HE PRACTICES"
thanks a lot sir.. by december by God's grace I will share my testimony here.. thanks a lot for all d break down. . sheki!!
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by SalihuZakariyya(m): 5:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
Zammy123:
thanks a lot sir.. by december by God's grace I will share my testimony here.. thanks a lot for all d break down. . sheki!!
I wish you good luck bro.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by SalihuZakariyya(m): 5:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
ShifuWhite:
»»»»»»»»»»»»»» ANNOUNCEMENT BY UMAA™ ««««««««««««««««

INTRODUCTION OF Unified Martial Arts Association UNIVERSITY

UMAA UNIVERSITY is a Institute of highly motivated individuals committed to serving as leaders and role models. We are working to develop true confidence, self discipline and limitless possibilities through martial arts knowledge. We are pursuing this in order to become the best we can be: Mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally. We intend to achieve this through self-discipline, determination and dedication to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of traditional martial arts.

UMAA UNIVERSITY does not stand for any particular style of Art, its purpose and main goal is to establish and provide not only Martial Arts Education but also education Asian culture and history.

Our worldwide presence is giving you the opportunity to join international events and seminars to produce a peaceful communication and exchange of “culture” between countries and continents, it is not easy for many martial artists to go to China, Japan, Thailand etc. for such education which you will get at our disposal.

UMAA has created warm relations with other major martial arts organization and being supported by its Leaders and Masters which is giving UMAA UNIVERSITY the advantage to bring worldwide known Professors and Masters to the local students. Some of them are WELL known by their works, experience and knowledge in propagating martial arts studies.

The UMAA UNIVERSITY instructors will be given lessons at low or no price to students when they are invited at a seminar.

You can become a member of the UNIVERSITY for a very low price. We made it so that each country or individual is able to join us and that they can have the same conditions like everyone.

In UMAA, we work together and not against each other. UMAA will be known for friendship and co-operation in a great martial arts spirit in the whole world.

The true martial arts spirit is to help people in need and to share martial arts skills, experience and knowledge with them. Martial Arts is not a fighting art but an art to stop or prevent fighting.

OUR STARTING CURRICULUM

- Shaolin Kung Fu: From Basic to Advance

- Wudang Kung Fu: From Basic to Advance

- Kokoro Shin Ryu Bujutsu: From Basic to Advance

- Muay Lanna: From Basic to Advance

Adequate training manuals and learning materials will be available for any interested individuals.....

Admission date will be announce on or before 15th October 2014.

For more information, membership enquiry and to seek an admission, send an email to
umaauniversity@gmail.com

Thanks.
UMAA B. O. Ds
Hello to you'll.If there is any Wing Chun practitioners or master,let me know so that we can shear ideas together.
email address
salihuzakariyya01@gmail.com,thanks.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by iamLordCAESAR1: 2:06am On Nov 05, 2016
ShifuWhite:
»»»»»»»»»»»»»» ANNOUNCEMENT BY UMAA™ ««««««««««««««««

INTRODUCTION OF Unified Martial Arts Association UNIVERSITY

UMAA UNIVERSITY is a Institute of highly motivated individuals committed to serving as leaders and role models. We are working to develop true confidence, self discipline and limitless possibilities through martial arts knowledge. We are pursuing this in order to become the best we can be: Mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally. We intend to achieve this through self-discipline, determination and dedication to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of traditional martial arts.

UMAA UNIVERSITY does not stand for any particular style of Art, its purpose and main goal is to establish and provide not only Martial Arts Education but also education Asian culture and history.

Our worldwide presence is giving you the opportunity to join international events and seminars to produce a peaceful communication and exchange of “culture” between countries and continents, it is not easy for many martial artists to go to China, Japan, Thailand etc. for such education which you will get at our disposal.

UMAA has created warm relations with other major martial arts organization and being supported by its Leaders and Masters which is giving UMAA UNIVERSITY the advantage to bring worldwide known Professors and Masters to the local students. Some of them are WELL known by their works, experience and knowledge in propagating martial arts studies.

The UMAA UNIVERSITY instructors will be given lessons at low or no price to students when they are invited at a seminar.

You can become a member of the UNIVERSITY for a very low price. We made it so that each country or individual is able to join us and that they can have the same conditions like everyone.

In UMAA, we work together and not against each other. UMAA will be known for friendship and co-operation in a great martial arts spirit in the whole world.

The true martial arts spirit is to help people in need and to share martial arts skills, experience and knowledge with them. Martial Arts is not a fighting art but an art to stop or prevent fighting.

OUR STARTING CURRICULUM

- Shaolin Kung Fu: From Basic to Advance

- Wudang Kung Fu: From Basic to Advance

- Kokoro Shin Ryu Bujutsu: From Basic to Advance

- Muay Lanna: From Basic to Advance

Adequate training manuals and learning materials will be available for any interested individuals.....

Admission date will be announce on or before 15th October 2014.

For more information, membership enquiry and to seek an admission, send an email to
umaauniversity@gmail.com

Thanks.
UMAA B. O. Ds

Good morning
Im kingsley...currently a student in the university... U.N.N
But I'm really interested I learning kung fu...I know next to nothing about it...I stay in Lagos during my long vac and I'm interested in learning kung fu...how can I contact you?....where can I get lessons?...I'm willing to pay.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
Martial arts... Is not something anyone will tell you this arts is best or not... Someone here cited that he wanna join Muay Thai because of Tony Jaa. Please brother, I will advice you to have a rethink on the reason you wanna join any form of martial arts.

And for your information, all the moves you see in Tony Jaa movies are not pure Muay Thai. Tony created those move for himself to be unique, he added acrobats to his Muay Thai skills.

As I said earlier, no art is useless it all depends on how you train. A very good Tai Chi practitioner can beat anybody in Martial arts world despite the slow form of Tai Chi. Martial Arts exceeds what we see in movies.

I practice traditional Shaolin Kung Fu which is in line with sport and very effective for self defense. It's not about fancy moves or dancing forms... If you train the way you should, you have no cause to fear Street fighter... It's my Ten years in Kung Fu, I have not for once fight outside except for competitions and during sparring with my students and people in my category. This is not because I can't fight or am lazy, it's because am scared of the consequences because of the deadly Qinna skill in Shaolin Kung Fu. Am skilled enough to knocked down my opponent in a single Qinna move.... If that happens, what will come out from it?.

I'll rather train hard to maintain my health and fitness and to protect myself, family and dear ones when necessary.

Lastly... No art is superior than others, pick a style, learn all its basics, combined the basics together to form advance... Understand the concept and make it your own by developing what works for you and not what works for others. From there, you can form your own undefeated fighting skill.

1 Like

Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
iamLordCAESAR1:

Good morning
Im kingsley...currently a student in the university... U.N.N
But I'm really interested I learning kung fu...I know next to nothing about it...I stay in Lagos during my long vac and I'm interested in learning kung fu...how can I contact you?....where can I get lessons?...I'm willing to pay.

Call me on 07062904716 or mail on shiqingyong@xiaolin-pai.org

Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
SalihuZakariyya:

We are currently working on how the Nigerian Kung Fu Federation will wake up from their slumber... The Federation is the body that suppose to promote Kung Fu here in Nigeria but they do nothing to the progress of the sport. Recently, I and some coaches from about 7 states including Henry Hendrix are currently working on how to form a kung fu body which will see into the progress of Kung Fu in all academic settings.

We don't need to wait for the government anymore.

1 Like

Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by SalihuZakariyya(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2016
ShifuWhite:
Martial arts... Is not something anyone will tell you this arts is best or not... Someone here cited that he wanna join Muay Thai because of Tony Jaa. Please brother, I will advice you to have a rethink on the reason you wanna join any form of martial arts.

And for your information, all the moves you see in Tony Jaa movies are not pure Muay Thai. Tony created those move for himself to be unique, he added acrobats to his Muay Thai skills.

As I said earlier, no art is useless it all depends on how you train. A very good Tai Chi practitioner can beat anybody in Martial arts world despite the slow form of Tai Chi. Martial Arts exceeds what we see in movies.

I practice traditional Shaolin Kung Fu which is in line with sport and very effective for self defense. It's not about fancy moves or dancing forms... If you train the way you should, you have no cause to fear Street fighter... It's my Ten years in Kung Fu, I have not for once fight outside except for competitions and during sparring with my students and people in my category. This is not because I can't fight or am lazy, it's because am scared of the consequences because of the deadly Qinna skill in Shaolin Kung Fu. Am skilled enough to knocked down my opponent in a single Qinna move.... If that happens, what will come out from it?.

I'll rather train hard to maintain my health and fitness and to protect myself, family and dear ones when necessary.

Lastly... No art is superior than others, pick a style, learn all its basics, combined the basics together to form advance... Understand the concept and make it your own by developing what works for you and not what works for others. From there, you can form your own undefeated fighting skill.
I so much love that,self knowledge never dies. when I was learning wing chun from my brother,he will say that if I'm reliable as the hand holding kettle, he will teach me the next move.when I finally know what that means,I told him the answer, he says"I will give you my all in wing chun because I no longer doubt you".
After I finished learning it,I deform it.Then I moved to jeet kune do(self-discovery),I developed myself through their.I train martial art to win over myself not to win over others, for health, physically fit,honesty, humble and above all,to be self reliance in all you do."superlative human".
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by SalihuZakariyya(m): 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
ShifuWhite:

We are currently working on how the Nigerian Kung Fu Federation will wake up from their slumber... The Federation is the body that suppose to promote Kung Fu here in Nigeria but they do nothing to the progress of the sport. Recently, I and some coaches from about 7 states including Henry Hendrix are currently working on how to form a kung fu body which will see into the progress of Kung Fu in all academic settings.

We don't need to wait for the government anymore.
I love that,keep it up.
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 19, 2018
ShifuWhite:
I'm using this medium to find anybody in Nigeria, particularly in Lagos who have more interest in practicing real KUNG FU... As we all know that Kung Fu is not well known in Nigeria, so we are planning to spread Shaolin Kung Fu in Nigeria with the help of some International Kung Fu Organizations such as: International Wudang Xiaolin Pai, International Sanda Instructors Association, World Kung Fu Federation, International Wushu Sanda Federation etc.

If you are a martial artist or you love to practice real kung fu, and you want Kung Fu to be spread in Nigeria..... Kindly contact me here or reach me on the following numbers :
+2348062447763, +2348084191918.... Your comment will highly be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.facebook.com/sifumusa
IS THIS OFFER STILL AVAILABLE
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by onyii4ev: 10:45am On Apr 19, 2018
For WWE wrestling lovers,
checkout this video: http://.net/7Q4nVB (Rousey makes "Rowdy" Power Rankings debut: WWE Power Rankings, April 15, 2018)
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by ShifuWhite(m): 11:41am On Jul 05, 2018
kelvinrhs:

IS THIS OFFER STILL AVAILABLE

Yes... Call or WhatsApp 07062904716, 08084191918
Re: Kung Fu In Nigeria by MYROYALEVILNESS: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2019
ShifuWhite:

MY BROTHER, YOU ARE WRONG WHEN YOU SAY ALL THE COMBAT STYLES HE MENTIONED ARE CULLED FROM KUNG FU.

I ALSO WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT YOU NOW KNOW AS "SHAOLIN KUNG FU" ACTUALLY CAME FROM ANCIENT GREECE, I'M NOT JUST A MARTIAL ARTIST I'M ALSO A VERY CURIOUS PERSON WHO HAS VISITED MANY HISTORIC SITES FOR PROPER RESEARCH ON THE ORIGIN OF THE STYLE I'M PRACTISING, MY SEARCH LED ME TO SHAOLIN TEMPLE HENAN, INDIA AND GREECE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He will never win premier league with MANCHESTER UNITED.despite how hard he try / Photos From Access Bank Lagos City Marathon; / FIFA To Expand Women’s World Cup, Double Prize Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.