Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? (10000 Views)

Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts / My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise / Do You Like Garlic Scent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by showgolee(m): 6:50am On Jul 11, 2014
The cause is simple: you are a bad cook
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by jansie(f): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2014
Beesluv: Onion does a great deal in AROMAlizing food
yeah..but you'll be surprise you won't perceive its aroma when added wrongly. that's why it's advisable to fry onions first or add immediately before boiling, that's the only time you get the aroma.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by kekakuz(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Food does not scent, in other word no Aroma. U don't need to ask such question that what could be the cause, the only cause is that U DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK. I hope u not a female o, because if u are, then I sense a broken marriage in future.

damn.you think and talk like a fish
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Valfrankie(m): 7:09am On Jul 11, 2014
OP, you 've no problem at all, what matters is the taste not the scent. Some food smells heavenly, but could make you puck if you taste it, while some doesn't ooze any aroma, but tastes super delicious. If you want your food to scent however, USE A VER CLEAN POT while cooking. Wash your pot thoroughly with MORNING FRESH or the likes, don't use soap or omo. Pls be informed that the one cooking the food hardly perceive the aroma, others 'll be the one to smell it. Cook with Joy n peace of mind. It 'll rub off on your meals. Pls beware of too much spice, what you need is clean cooking utensils n ingredients. Bon appetite

3 Likes

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2014
may be you forgot to add the food to the cooking
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 11, 2014
Advice ni @ all. I can't stop laughing- perfume in a pot of soup? Chai dere's God oo
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2014
na because u nor put curry...and onions...nai make am...just try am next time...ur nose nor go burn again...

1 Like

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by fijiano202(m): 7:27am On Jul 11, 2014
Its simple...You Cant Cook
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by DaZion(m): 7:32am On Jul 11, 2014
It's just a simple thing..I guess it's lack of Curry,thyme nd sugar..
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by henry247(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2014
Adikam: When your food dnsnt have aroma it simply means that you dnt know how to cook forget about adding the whole spices on it & learn how to cook its common on our so called pingin girls once they start wearing leggins witout pant the only thing in their mind is men to dupe cooking is not for them wenever they visit your home tell them to cook fear will enguf their face even if they finally cook it they tel you to manage it that she's not prepare(prepare?apply more make'ups or what?) to cook food before coming if you taste food you cry for your wasted money.

woootttt Did u actually go to a university Damn!! I can't even understand d sh1t u typed here. No punctuations,no nothing, smh.

1 Like

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by bitterpenis(m): 7:40am On Jul 11, 2014
put one pack of maggi inside e go get aroma plenty
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by UjSizzle(f): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Spices.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by jericco1(m): 8:02am On Jul 11, 2014
You should use the right spice, at the right time, the right quantity, the right way and see what's left of the food.!

I can recall my dimrodic teacher telling me he could prepare a pot of soup without using spice(s) and yet it would taste better, who does he think he is??
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Tygood(m): 8:07am On Jul 11, 2014
Why not add copious amount of scent leaf?
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Caracta(f): 8:09am On Jul 11, 2014
Onions!!!!!!!!
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2014
Blame it on APC
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Imoobot(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2014
Next time use google search.com

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2014
kekakuz: if my sister comes over and cook vegetable soup. the whole house from the gate knows something is going on .I tried the same today .guyz nothing o. the thing no scent.as if am cooking stone.
. You got me laffing so hard...
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by flyingdutchman(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2014
Your Cooking Flame/Temperature is way too high! Reduce it and use moderate heat and your food will COOK, and not BOIL

2 Likes

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by kennygee18(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2014
kekakuz: I have been cooking for as long as I can remember but one thing is constant.my food does not scent.most times when I serve food,people ask me when I cooked the food.this afternoon I was so frustrated that I had to put my nose in the pot to smell something but instead I got my nose burnt.
am I that much of a bad cook?
Add ur normal evryday condiments/spices..onion,curry,nutmeg cetera..if it doesn't work den consult Igbudu or Krishna 4 solution
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2014
henry247:

woootttt Did u actually go to a university Damn!! I can't even understand d sh1t u typed here. No punctuations,no nothing, smh.
see mumu o i don suffer me type shit?even slowpoke quote me they expect likes you go to university you still remain poor &poking your big nose in another man's affair.well you wil remain like that till the end of you life as it wil live &remain with you.if i reply your rubbish quote on this again make my hand bend
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2014
Ooh boy I neva laff since like dis b4. Haba! Na men get mouth pass 4 dis nland- add perfume, 74 maggi. Consult oracle, u didn't add d food to it. Yeeekpa. Let d guy not start crying ooo. Lol. Abeg I nid to laff more pls make una cont
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Kuyorodele: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2014
LOCUST BEANS!!(dawa-dawa or iru) Always add a hand full, If people no begin percive ur food from kilometers away may I get k-leg
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by yenex1(f): 9:13am On Jul 11, 2014
lmao...I have a little cousin who monitors me when I cook and if the aroma is too much he will say "Aunty meme that food no go sweet just carry the pot down" grin
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Kuyorodele: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2014
DaZion: It's just a simple thing..I guess it's lack of Curry,thyme nd sugar..
do u want too cook soup or pous grin
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2014
I don't believe this. Can you write a list of what you actually cook. I'm expecting to see only water angry okay maybe white rice. Even that one has its own smell. Op stop lying joor undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by eduxerxes: 9:42am On Jul 11, 2014
@OP, u're a bad cook! I Repeat, u're a very bad cook! Over!
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by tjdj: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2014
insufficient dowry paid to the brides family...shikena
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Ademolu2002(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2014
kekakuz: I have been cooking for as long as I can remember but one thing is constant.my food does not scent.most times when I serve food,people ask me when I cooked the food.this afternoon I was so frustrated that I had to put my nose in the pot to smell something but instead I got my nose burnt.
why u no try to put small shit!
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Toppie2(f): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2014
Kuyorodele: LOCUST BEANS!!(dawa-dawa or iru) Always add a hand full, If people no begin percive ur food from kilometers away may I get k-leg

Even to a pot of jollof rice?
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2014

You are a proper ewu.

What are you cooking that is scenting. You for go put camphor abi cologne make the thing scent.

Food dey scent for your village abi? Scent ko, Odor ni.

Cooked food does not scent. It only has an aroma. And if your food does not have aroma, better go have your nose checked.
Re: My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? by DocAdray(f): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2014
OP, thats why we have spices...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Families Face Bleak Yuletide Over Rising Food Prices, Fares, Others / Alternative To Wheat Flour / What Was The First Food You Ate In 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.