Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230478 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
giles14: pls wot type of aircraft do provide air support for d troops
The NAF's Doctrine is quite different from that of other Air Forces Worldwide...this is partly due to the amount of assets it has..I did a personal extensive research study into the France's OPERATION SERVAL in Mali..what I noticed was that Troops were ALWAYS supported by gunships when advancing, and Air surveillance when in FOBs...They hardly attacked any insurgent camp!....That was left to the French Airforce's Mirages...fitted with laser guided munitions, and supported by gunships...terrorist camps were literarily obliterated...leaving troops to mop up...Air Power, Air Power, Air Power...The NAF's role in this conflict is quite strange..it makes one conclude that it is high time the Army gets its own Gunship-eqquiped Air Wing..The NAFis seriously under-resourced....What the Military top brass needs to be doing now is NOT mass-recruitment...its a strategic error...What they need to do is Massive Equipment acquisitions...Believe me, If the NAF acquires 45-60 Gunships and 15 Ground attack jets, (likely the Su-25s), BH will be wiped out before the end of July..Presently, its a handful Alpha jets and an unknown number of Mi-35 Gunships...No 1 knows if d Tucanos have arrived..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ibnsultan: the pic are frm COIN ops. Especially d last. Fallen comrades in the COIN ops in NE theater
They are, as a matter of fact from AFISMA operations in Mali...the 1st photo is when the boys were about lifting off to Bamako, and the 2nd is from NASI's Airborne Regiment.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:52pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nigerian Air Force Assets at Maiduguri International Airport..Used in CT-COIN operations in the North East..Notice the Rocket pods...Primary armament when supporting troops.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
SiriusBlack: The NAF's Doctrine is quite different from that of other Air Forces Worldwide...this is partly due to the amount of assets it has..I did a personal extensive research study into the France's OPERATION SERVAL in Mali..what I noticed was that Troops were ALWAYS supported by gunships when advancing, and Air surveillance when in FOBs...They hardly attacked any insurgent camp!....That was left to the French Airforce's Mirages...fitted with laser guided munitions, and supported by gunships...terrorist camps were literarily obliterated...leaving troops to mop up...Air Power, Air Power, Air Power...The NAF's role in this conflict is quite strange..it makes one conclude that it is high time the Army gets its own Gunship-eqquiped Air Wing..The NAFis seriously under-resourced....What the Military top brass needs to be doing now is NOT mass-recruitment...its a strategic error...What they need to do is Massive Equipment acquisitions...Believe me, If the NAF acquires 45-60 Gunships and 15 Ground attack jets, (likely the Su-25s), BH will be wiped out before the end of July..Presently, its a handful Alpha jets and an unknown number of Mi-35 Gunships...No 1 knows if d Tucanos have arrived..
ok tanx,jst dat d army alwaz say cas and areial bombardment by d Naf
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
femikay149: @siriusblack am in love wit this thread, infact i dedicated my dp today to the soldiers in the NA ,using pix from here
Bt i stil ve unaswered questions

I ve seen vehicles,tanks,apc ammunitions on this thread ...and am wondering how come the media reports that the NA is nt well equiped and sometimes run out of ammo

Infact eye witness reports confirmn this

Is it that the pictures here , the apc,ammo are insufficient or nt evenly spread or what

Cos i see the boko haram juz has hilux,anti aircraft guns, motorbikes and some apcs

So what can be d issue?

@siriusblack r u in the army also @henry190

I will like you to help me answer these questions

Thanks

Keep posting more pix and educating us
On the first issue..The Army is improving...That is the Fact...The past COAS was the best the Army has had since Akinrinade...Lt. Gen Ihejirika really turned things around and set the template for reorganization and improved professionalim in the Nigerian Army..God Bless You Sir..but there is still a lot to be done..I cannot confirm or deny reports of problems at the Front, but I can definately tell you that things are getting better...On the second issue, my identity is supposed to be anonymous, don't you think?..I hope I answered your questions.
Cheers

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
SiriusBlack: They are, as a matter of fact from AFISMA operations in Mali...the 1st photo is when the boys were about lifting off to Bamako, and the 2nd is from NASI's Airborne Regiment.
Cheers
copy that sir. God bless Nigeriaarmy Victory is from God Alone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nonsense thread
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
SiriusBlack: On the first issue..The Army is improving...That is the Fact...The past COAS was the best the Army has had since Akinrinade...Lt. Gen Ihejirika really turned things around and set the template for reorganization and improved professionalim in the Nigerian Army..God Bless You Sir..but there is still a lot to be done..I cannot confirm or deny reports of problems at the Front, but I can definately tell you that things are getting better...On the second issue, my identity is supposed to be anonymous, don't you think?..I hope I answered your questions.
Cheers

Thanks @siriusblack but u didnt answer the questions u diverted issues

Yes the millitary is improving let me number the questions

1.do soldiers on the frontline run out of ammo

2.How come boko haram wit juz motor bikes anti-aircraft overun d NA....is it that they are outnumbered at their post or ammo or compromise of intelligence from the army

3.is it true the morale of the soldiers is really down cos ogas at the top delay and ration their allowance

From ur ansa i can guess ur identity bt dnt let us go into that
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
quid: Nonsense thread

Pls just shut up.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2014
Krak:

Pls just shut up.

Pls ignore him

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Krak:
Pls just shut up.
Still a nonsense thread.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
Henry120:

This is the IWI Tavor-21 assault rifle. It is the Standard assault rifle of the DSS, Navy SBS, NAF QRF, NIA, Army (very limited use).
forgive my ignorance, who are the QRF?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
When do we get to see photos of i.m.becili.c Nigerian army sell-outs handing over their weapons to their boko brothers?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2014
cirmuell: forgive my ignorance, who are the QRF?

Quick response force regiment.

NAF(nigerian airforce) special forces.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
cirmuell: forgive my ignorance, who are the QRF?
elite air force unit. Quick response force
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Henry120:

Quick response force regiment.

NAF(nigerian airforce) special forces.
Massive deception
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
quid:
Massive deception
BACKOFF

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ibnsultan: BACKOFF
distributed mumu

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
quid:
distributed mumu
coward. Your mates are making sacrifice on the battle field with pride for there fatherland while u hide under your mums bed

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ibnsultan: coward. Your mates are making sacrifice on the battle field with pride for there fatherland while u hide under your mums bed
Which kind dirty sacrifice?
It is clear the ranks of the nigerian military are filled with dim-witted islamists.
Now they put up this stupid show, deceiving themselves.

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by engineerboat(m): 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
quid:
distributed mumu

What is your problem, nobody forced you to believe the story now, while abusing others,
am very sure you will soon understand your state of of Mind.

So please grow up for once
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
engineerboat:

What is your problem, nobody forced you to believe the story now, while abusing others,
am very sure you will soon understand your state of of Mind.

So please grow up for once
So allow me to express by belief: that the pictures in this thread are long-winded hoaxes designed to risk the lives of these soldiers while empowering boko haram and enriched some mallam oga at the top

The deception continues . . .

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by engineerboat(m): 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2014
quid:

So allow me to express by belief: that the pictures in this thread are long-winded hoaxes designed to risk the lives of these soldiers while empowering boko haram.

The deception continues . . .
Where u not part of those clamoring for PICTURE or U DON'T BELIEVE IT syndrome.

when shekau upload their video, it sends fear into the mind of the people living in those area.
but don't you think that this is also an encouragement to the people that the military are also doing their little best.

Once again please wake up to, stop this attitude for once.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
engineerboat:
but don't you think that this is also an encouragement to the people that the military are also doing their little best.
My friend. were you born 8 years ago?

If it were to be Zak Ibiam or Odi or any Niger Delta or south-eastern region, you will see all the armored cars of the Nigerian army rolled out in full force.

Now it is the north-east, and the mugus are using Toyota Hilux to go into a major battle.
How can anyone appreciate such f00lishness and insincerity?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by engineerboat(m): 11:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
quid:

If it were to be Zak Ibiam or Odi or any Niger Delta or south-eastern region, you will see all the armored cars of the Nigerian army rolled out in full force.

Now it is the north-east, and the mugus are using Toyota Hilux to go into a major battle.

Am not here to argue with you on nairaland, i don't know you, neither did you know me,
But courtesy demand that you behave like a civilized "MAN"

now you are showing your true colour,
so Jonathan should rolled out all The armored cars in Nigeria to the north east baaa,

To madala.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
engineerboat:

Am not here to argue with you on nairaland, i don't know you, neither did you know me,
But courtesy demand that you behave like a civilized "MAN"

now you are showing your true colour,
so Jonathan should rolled out all The armored cars in Nigeria to the north east baaa,

To madala.
Jonathan rolled out the army to the NE
Some useless islamic general is thwarting the plans and sending toyota hilux and other useless vehicles that boko can easily shootup. Meanwhile they continue to leak vital operational information to boko.

Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2014
quid:

Deploying vital weapons to a region that seeks power at all cost is madness especially when the threat of coup is real.

If a coup is launched and it fails, the coup plotters might seize the armoury within their stronghold and push South.

If am GEJ, I will keep the best weapons in the South should in case any eventuality arise.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by odeebee: 12:49am On Jul 11, 2014
just lost an officer last nyt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 2:57am On Jul 11, 2014
odeebee: just lost an officer last nyt
So sorry, was he KIA?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 11, 2014
quid:
Which kind dirty sacrifice?
It is clear the ranks of the nigerian military are filled with dim-witted islamists.
Now they put up this stupid show, deceiving themselves.
such statements without proof is dangerous

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 11, 2014
odeebee: just lost an officer last nyt
. Adieu to gallant patriot. His country is proud of him n his family. On behave of myself and my fellow country men & women I say thank you. 21 gun salute

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.