Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230378 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ibnsultan: I would have love APACHE choppers but the yanks will just waste our time. Russian made attack helo's will be game changers
apache my foot.mi-28 or a-29 is all we need.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
giles14: apache my foot.mi-28 or a-29 is all we need.
. Hahah. We need but attack helos and transp helos for quick mobility in and out by troops. Along side medical evacuation
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tempest01(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
cirmuell: what do you think, an hashtag?

bombarding their twitter accounts, facebook accounts, and calling their attention to it
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by realnas(m): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Siriusblack brother more grease to ur elbow 4 this job u are doing ,but pls can u tell me d name of that sniper rifle our snipers are using ? Is it a macmillan tac 50 or a dragunov ?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
realnas: Siriusblack brother more grease to ur elbow 4 this job u are doing ,but pls can u tell me d name of that sniper rifle our snipers are using ? Is it a macmillan tac 50 or a dragunov ?

We use both the Dragunov and SSG 69.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by brownlord1: 1:50am On Jul 14, 2014
Great job sirblacko, God bless our boys in front line. Victory is sure, very soon shekau will taste the hot billet of our gallant men. Just very soon.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by shakol91(m): 8:09am On Jul 14, 2014
@ siriusblack and other guys in NE, God will continue to protect you. God will give you guys power to claim victory over BH fighters,supporters and Leaders
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by shakol91(m): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2014
I love this thread. God bless NA guys on the front line. Like someone suggested not to deploy full military hardware to NE because of fear of sabotage. I believe it's high time FG gives NAF the full support in procuring excellent BIRDS to counter insurgency and support ground troops in NE. Though I'm not a military guy,but I believe it whould be an added advantage to wipe out insurgency completly because according to reports BH carries out their attacks in Mid-nights. Troops should be trained and provided tools to counter BH attacks in Mid-night by supplying night google,laser rifle and better night strategies/tactics should be adopted. BH will never have peace (Amen)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Biggyd2: 9:06am On Jul 14, 2014
OP, God bless you guys. Reading this thread just made me think about all who have been made widows/widowers, fatherless/motherless by some senseless wimp called boko harm. Breadwinners cut short in their prime! We may get agitated when we think the army is not doing enough. With this thread we can confirm that there are men and women who are genuinely keeping awake for other civilians to sleep. We know that there are bad eggs though and this is always expected. But we shall overcome this menace.

To the fallen soldiers, sleep on, and the living we wish Godspeed.

For the soldiers who unnecessarily harass and beat up civilians on the street of Lagos and elsewhere, Shame On You! Take a cue from the gallant soldiers who through all the odds are still making us proud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 9:06am On Jul 14, 2014
God bless the NA..............NAF are damn useless. If the NAF were as apt as the NA,maybe BH might av been defeated. My fear is dat d BH guys are not running out of arms and ammunation. Is there a way to stop ao they get raw materials dey use in making bombs? Do the govt knw d raw materials dey use in making d bomb?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 9:08am On Jul 14, 2014
Do we have female soldiers on the battle field in NE?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:32am On Jul 14, 2014
egbaguy: Do we have female soldiers on the battle field in NE?
Yes..in small numbers.. But they hardly face combat..because the Infantry and Armoured Corps have very little number of women...most are clerical staff.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2014
Biggyd2:
For the soldiers who unnecessarily harass and beat up civilians on the street of Lagos and elsewhere, Shame On You! Take a cue from the gallant soldiers who through all the odds are still making us proud.
Don't mind those shameless thugs...Those idiots are a disgrace to the Army...The 90s mentality of military rule is still in some of them...To Nigerians: If you get harassed or assaulted by any soldier, pls ensure you get video evidence and submit a FORMAL report to the assailant's Unit..The Military Police will do its work..The madness has to stop.

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Yes..in small numbers.. But they hardly face combat..because the Infantry and Armoured Corps have very little number of women...most are clerical staff.
shuuuuuuuuun sir!!!!!! May God continue to protect u and others. U guys are the real HEROEs.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2014
Nigerian Troops....Frontlines of the North East.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
@sirius,is it all the Army unit that can be deployed in a warfront,or just infantry or amoured corps?
The soldiers to be recruited,what‘s their fate?Are they going to be deployed to NE as well?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
Photo from OPERATION SALAMA...took place May 2014 in Lamba Forest, Jigawa State..60 insurgents killed...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2014
Victory is from God Alone! Frontlines of the North East.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
bro,please how big is the popular sambissa forest? What is delaying the MILITARY from bombarding them and smoking out the bastards? Can we make use of chemical weapons? Like the NAF dropping some chemicals inside the sambissa forest,the bastards inhaling it and drop dead like rats?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
ObiOkpor: @sirius,is it all the Army unit that can be deployed in a warfront,or just infantry or amoured corps?
The soldiers to be recruited,what‘s their fate?Are they going to be deployed to NE as well?
It depends...the 7th Infantry Divison, Maiduguri's sole responsibilty for now is the ongoing war agains terror...it has several battalions under it..SF battalions, infantry battalions and about 2 Tank battalions...Other brigades and battalions all over the country too serve tours of duty in Maiduguri from time to time..Recently, a brigade from Lagos moved here..when their mission is over, they will return...The word "Corps" is just a general name for branches..and NO, it is not all soldiers being recruited that are going to the North East.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by reedbam: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: Don't mind those shameless thugs...Those idiots are a disgrace to the Army...The 90s mentality of military rule is still in some of them...To Nigerians: If you get harassed or assaulted by any soldier, pls ensure you get video evidence and submit a FORMAL report to the assailant's Unit..The Military Police will do its work..The madness has to stop.
oh bravo! How do you go about the report, Bcuz I think we really don't have an efficient witness protection in the country at the moment
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
egbaguy: bro,please how big is the popular sambissa forest? What is delaying the MILITARY from bombarding them and smoking out the bastards? Can we make use of chemical weapons? Like the NAF dropping some chemicals inside the sambissa forest,the bastards inhaling it and drop dead like rats?
How big is Sambisa? Before the last thread got wiped by the data loss, I said how big Sambisa is...someone said that the Army is just giving excuses...The Chibok girls could be Anywhere!....Sambisa Games Reserve covers 63,000sqkm...that is 40 times the size of London, 20 times the size of Lagos state and...Wait for it.......,,,, FAAR bigger than the entire south-west Nigeria....NOW, people complain.,,"Foolish army, why can't they just Invade ehn?" Or Why can't the Air force just bomb the place joor"...let me tell you, if the Army invades Sambisa, entire Battalions will be wiped off..What is needed is high-level military tactics and the best equipment the World has to offer...Sambisa is not even a forest...its more like a savannah grassland,...pasture here, desert there..and so on...the place stretches across 4 states in the North East and can swallow an entire Division...Going into Sambisa without Air cover is near-suicide, but that is what the Proud Professionals of the Army have been doing so far..Even if the NAF drops hundreds of bombs into sambisa, its a waste of time...Sambisa, my brother, is a FORTRESS.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: How big is Sambisa? Before the last thread got wiped by the data loss, I said how big Sambisa is...someone said that the Army is just giving excuses...The Chibok girls could be Anywhere!....Sambisa Games Reserve covers 63,000sqkm...that is 40 times the size of London, 20 times the size of Lagos state and...Wait for it.......,,,, FAAR bigger than the entire south-west Nigeria....NOW, people complain.,,"Foolish army, why can't they just Invade ehn?" Or Why can't the Air force just bomb the place joor"...let me tell you, if the Army invades Sambisa, entire Battalions will be wiped off..What is needed is high-level military tactics and the best equipment the World has to offer...Sambisa is not even a forest...its more like a savannah grassland,...pasture here, desert there..and so on...the place stretches across 4 states in the North East and can swallow an entire Division...Going into Sambisa without Air cover is near-suicide, but that is what the Proud Professionals of the Army have been doing so far..Even if the NAF drops hundreds of bombs into sambisa, its a waste of time...Sambisa, my brother, is a FORTRESS.
eleyi gidigan.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by ObiOkpor(m): 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: It depends...the 7th Infantry Divison, Maiduguri's sole responsibilty for now is the ongoing war agains terror...it has several battalions under it..SF battalions, infantry battalions and about 2 Tank battalions...Other brigades and battalions all over the country too serve tours of duty in Maiduguri from time to time..Recently, a brigade from Lagos moved here..when their mission is over, they will return...The word "Corps" is just a general name for branches..and NO, it is not all soldiers being recruited that are going to the North East.
thanks puddy!
We shall CONQUER this cowards soon.......
AMEN......
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by egbaguy: 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
God bless the officers of NA,minus the pot bellied ogas who sit on money meant for officers. U guys are the HEROS

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by rugged7(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
ObiOkpor: thanks puddy!
We shall CONQUER this cowards soon.......
AMEN......

Well, i hope so too my brother. But the news from the North-east has not been uplifting at all. If this story is actually true then it sucks[color=#990000][/color] undecided
http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/4804-162-soldiers-desert-nigerian-army-over-the-last-week-as-boko-haram-defeats-kill-morale#sthash.LDkoicey.dpuf
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by NonFarmPayrol: 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
SiriusBlack: How big is Sambisa? Before the last thread got wiped by the data loss, I said how big Sambisa is...someone said that the Army is just giving excuses...The Chibok girls could be Anywhere!....Sambisa Games Reserve covers 63,000sqkm...that is 40 times the size of London, 20 times the size of Lagos state and...Wait for it.......,,,, FAAR bigger than the entire south-west Nigeria....NOW, people complain.,,"Foolish army, why can't they just Invade ehn?" Or Why can't the Air force just bomb the place joor"...let me tell you, if the Army invades Sambisa, entire Battalions will be wiped off..What is needed is high-level military tactics and the best equipment the World has to offer...Sambisa is not even a forest...its more like a savannah grassland,...pasture here, desert there..and so on...the place stretches across 4 states in the North East and can swallow an entire Division...Going into Sambisa without Air cover is near-suicide, but that is what the Proud Professionals of the Army have been doing so far..Even if the NAF drops hundreds of bombs into sambisa, its a waste of time...Sambisa, my brother, is a FORTRESS.

wise words, with people like you i still have hope in the ARMY well done cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by adeyemik: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
@Sirirublack

I strongly believe it is time for Nigeria military high command come up with new innovation to make out military a formidable fighting force. One of the innovation is for the Army, the Navy to have their air wings as obtainable in other clans.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
rugged7:

Well, i hope so too my brother. But the news from the North-east has not been uplifting at all. If this story is actually true then it sucks[color=#990000][/color] undecided
http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/4804-162-soldiers-desert-nigerian-army-over-the-last-week-as-boko-haram-defeats-kill-morale#sthash.LDkoicey.dpuf
This is a Story that can Weaken a Giant. Our Soldiers are dying in their Numbers. The ones that tried to protest are charged for Mutiny. No Air Power to support ground troops. Sabotage every where. Top Millitary Brass are smiling to Banks.
What is happening in NA is a reflection of the insincerity of the entire country.
Believe it or not

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EasternLeopard: 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2014

Sir to be frank with you

BH plan was to lure our troops into Sambisa, decimate them which will weaken our defence and then overrun Nigeria directly or through a coup.

Correct me if I am wrong

Those sponsoring " Bring back our Girls " are part of BH.

If I am right, don't you think its time to secretly kidnap, hide and if necessary kill some people who have link to BH.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.