Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230491 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nigerian Army...Maiduguri metropolis.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 10, 2014
Nigerian navy, military in the "peaceful" north-east

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Border region of the north-east

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 10, 2014
I want to see fighter jets in action pls
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by iterator25: 7:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Henry120: Nigerian navy, military in the "peaceful" north-east
that second picture is one of my favourite military pictures... the poses are just Epic!! .. it's like they did it on purpose

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by signz: 7:35am On Jul 10, 2014
Henry120: Nigerian navy, military in the "peaceful" north-east

Battled hardened men.

One of the advantages of this insurgency apart from upgrading of our arsenal is the experience our military must have garnered after we must have crushed boko haram (yes these terrorists will be crushed wink).

Our military will be up there with the Algerian military in terms of experience and exposure

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 9:04am On Jul 10, 2014
signz:

Battled hardened men.

One of the advantages of this insurgency apart from upgrading of our arsenal is the experience our military must have garnered after we must have crushed boko haram (yes these terrorists will be crushed wink).

Our military will be up there with the Algerian military in terms of experience and exposure
Yes...the days of soldiers loitering on barracks grounds playing draught is gone...New acquisitions, establishment of more army battalions, and improved infantry equipment...10 years ago, body armor for soldiers on operations was seen as a pipe dream...Now, all troops in the N.A now use DICON-produced body armor,ballistic helmets and now, GL-fitted AK-74s, optical sight RPG-7s, Tablets for officers fitted with Google Maps Surveillance, additional cohesion within army battalions on duty, additional units of Otokar Cobra APCs, New MRAPS, and a "lot" more classified stuff I can't say here....Big Pity that the NAF has been left behind..More still needs to be done in the Army, no doubt......but we are not where we were 5 yrs ago in terms of organization and equipment...Its like only conflicts can wake us up to our responsibilities...here in Africa.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Watermelon(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2014
Hi Sinus, more grease to your elbow for the courage to meritoriously serve your fatherland, Nigeria.

You asserted in your post above that military weaponry used by NA has greatly improved in the past decade, but there is a recent counter claim that weapons used by the frontliners in the northeast are grossly substandard and even "jam" sometimes, and that this has led to severe losses on the part of NA in recent times. Please what is your own take on the counter assertion?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2014
iterator25: that second picture is one of my favourite military pictures... the poses are just Epic!! .. it's like they did it on purpose

True.

It's because it's a morale boosting professional photograph.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2014
Watermelon: Hi Sinus, more grease to your elbow for the courage to meritoriously serve your fatherland, Nigeria.

You asserted in your post above that military weaponry used by NA has greatly improved in the past decade, but there is a recent counter claim that weapons used by the frontliners in the northeast are grossly substandard and even "jam" sometimes, and that this has led to severe losses on the part of NA in recent times. Please what is your own take on the counter assertion?
Well, issues like that exist but only on an insignificant scale...vehicles that break down are immobilized to prevent them falling into enemy hands..till Army engineers get them back into service...as for the rifles, the AK is VERY reliable..and hardly jams..sometimes, troops battle in sandstorms, swamps, and in intense daylight heat..still the AK kicks on..bt its quite inaccurate...you need to put in about 5 short bursts on targets of 300m to get any chance of hitting the target...but the new AK-74s on the scene, from what I heard, is FAR more accurate at ranges the Type-56(N.A's AK variant) and AKM(being phased out) cannot dream of matching...but in summary, a lot still needs to be done...troops need NVGs,more AK-74s, ATGMs for BH technicals, and automatic grenade lauchers..also, a dedicated IFV is needed..ill Strongly recommend the BMP-2..or AAA mounted guntrucks to give troops confidence when going into battle.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2014
signz:

Battled hardened men.

What about our Defence industry, it has been greatly improved. We're expecting Proforce defence to launch there AFV (Armoured fighting vehicle) in a year or two years time.

We've seen new vehicles ( Igirigi APC, oskosh sandcat, streit MK3, big-foot MRAP), including additional helicopters, A-29 Super-Tucano, and improved infantry weapons.

There is no question, our military has garnered valuable experience from fighting this insurgency, we've got a new division, the 7th division primarily set-up and trained to deal with with COIN/ CTOIN.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Nice job op ve got to admit , this thread has changed my views about the way i see the nigerian army and my criticism about them

Pls wot is the name of this gun i see DSS also using it

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Nigerian Troops...Frontlines of the North East.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by iterator25: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2014
Henry120:

True.

It's because it's a morale boosting professional photograph.
can I have a link to one with high resolution?
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by iterator25: 10:28am On Jul 10, 2014
Nollywood needs to do some epic ish with this dudes..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 10:38am On Jul 10, 2014
iterator25: Nollywood needs to do some epic ish with this dudes..

True

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2014
femikay149: Nice job op ve got to admit , this thread has changed my views about the way i see the nigerian army and my criticism about them

TAR-21 or the Tavor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 10:47am On Jul 10, 2014
Nigerian Army troops patrolling villages in the North East....These villages have been "soft targets" for the Insurgents of late.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by tonak(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Why is the Nigerian airforce not part of this battle, the absence of the airforce has made this fight a bit difficult for the army. The army no doubt has risen to the occasion. Was in maiduguri last year and I must say I'm proud of our soldiers.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2014
Krak:

TAR-21 or the Tavor.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by cool318(m): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2014
God bless our Gallant Troops, just as Sirusblack said, the Defense Headquarters need to boost their morale and confidence by Flooding the Army with Ak-74's and ATGMs to root out these devilish virgin seekers.
Thumbs up Sirusblack.
Sirusblack Sir, pls dont forget to be backing up your data incase of a replica of the past catastrophic data loss. Keep up the informative update post. Respect wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 10, 2014
femikay149: Nice job op ve got to admit , this thread has changed my views about the way i see the nigerian army and my criticism about them

This is the IWI Tavor-21 assault rifle. It is the Standard assault rifle of the DSS, Navy SBS, NAF QRF, NIA, Army (very limited use).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 10, 2014
iterator25: can I have a link to one with high resolution?

I don't have it.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by project8(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
GOD bless d NA

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
Modified
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by iterator25: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
NA

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by giles14(m): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
pls wot type of aircraft do provide air support for d troops
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by SiriusBlack: 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Ibnsultan: NA
Nice photos no doubt....but the thread is strictly for photos of Army counter-insurgency operations in the N.E..Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nice photos no doubt....but the thread is strictly for photos of Army counter-insurgency operations in the N.E..Cheers.
the pic are frm COIN ops. Especially d last. Fallen comrades in the COIN ops in NE theater

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
@siriusblack am in love wit this thread, infact i dedicated my dp today to the soldiers in the NA ,using pix from here
Bt i stil ve unaswered questions

I ve seen vehicles,tanks,apc ammunitions on this thread ...and am wondering how come the media reports that the NA is nt well equiped and sometimes run out of ammo

Infact eye witness reports confirmn this

Is it that the pictures here , the apc,ammo are insufficient or nt evenly spread or what

Cos i see the boko haram juz has hilux,anti aircraft guns, motorbikes and some apcs

So what can be d issue?

@siriusblack r u in the army also @henry120

I will like you to help me answer these questions

Thanks

Keep posting more pix and educating us

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.