Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram (31438 Views)

"Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women / Back In Captivity:boko Haran Recaptures 45 Out 63 Escaped Borno Women / Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by LMAyedun(m): 9:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
The women regained freedom as captors left to attack the military.

Some 63 out of about 70 women abducted in Borno State by suspected Boko Haram gunmen last week, have escaped from their captors, security sources and witnesses said.

The women managed to regain their freedom as their captors mobilised out of their hideout to attack military and police formations in Damboa Local Government Area, Borno State, on Friday night and Saturday morning, according to security sources.

Officials of the Borno State vigilante group were the first to hint journalists in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, about the escape. 

“I have just received an alert from my colleagues in Damboa area that about 63 of the abducted women and girls had made it back home. They took the bold step when their abductors moved out to carry out an operation”, said Abbas Gava, an official of the Vigilante group.

“We don’t have the details of their escape yet, but we believe God gave them the opportunity at the time the insurgents came in their large numbers to attack Damboa where about 12 soldiers, five policemen, over 50 Boko Haram members and unspecified number of civilians were killed yesterday (Saturday).”

Mr. Gava said about five women and two girls still remain under captivity. One of the women is said to be a nursing mother.

A top security officer in Maiduguri, who asked not to be named, confirmed the escape to PREMIUM TIMES.

“There is no doubt about your report; the women and girls were able to escape,” said the source. “I guess it was during the time the gunmen were attacking Damboa; left behind just some few men to watch over the women, but the women took advantage of an opportunity when the guys were dozing off, and bolted away but quietly.

The security source said the women who mastered the terrain were able to return home, while some wondered to the Borno State borders with Adamawa state.

Those at the border area were taken into safety by soldiers in Gulak town until arrangements were made for them to be returned home.

The Borno State police declined to comment on the report.

The news about the abduction of the women came to public notice almost a week after they had been taken by suspected Boko Haram gunmen who attacked the villages of Kumabza, Dagu and Yaga on the 12th, 13th and 14th of June.

http://m.premiumtimesng.com/?p=164505

1 Like

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by danderson(f): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
undecidedDid they see the alleged Chibok girls

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by pdppower: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Good question. Or were they not kept in the same camp?
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by hushmail: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
does it mean the Chibok girls were not in the camp?

water don really pass garri this tyme!!

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by SOUNDKING: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
Very very good newz..
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by disloman(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Don't knw what to say but let just dey observe sha.
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by egift(m): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thank God for the lives of these ones. Any word on the #Chibok girls?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by delpee(f): 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ope o! Thank you Lord!! Hope they will be relocated so BH wont pay another visit to their villages to take them back. I wonder if we have an established trauma centre there to handle this. We continue to pray for the Chibok girls and others in captivity.

God please #BringBackOurGirls

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by candiva2013(m): 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
If kidnap victims can easily escape from boko haram and return home, this means that boko haram is very much within reach. Then how come we are finding it hard to flush them out?

26 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by datbay(m): 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chibok girls should be next in line to escape
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Fake kidnap and fake escape....everything just fake and no single iota of truth except the only truth I know is that NOBODY WAS KIDNAP BEFORE.

52 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by LMAyedun(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
84 Days gone - #BringBackOurGirls

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by EMERITUS85(m): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
storry storry when they are tired of propaganda they can all go home to to their families.

am too old to believe to believe any cock and bull.

as in escape from sambisa.

the terrorist are kids to live all of then without a single guard

23 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
What really surprise me most in this story is that 63 escape from boko haram out of 70 of them, I know one thing, that one, two, 5 or I can say 10 people can escape, but saying that 63 from 70 escape simply shows that those women just travel before not that they were kidnap....now I have come to conclusion that all these their kidnap about chibok are all LIES. Rubbish

34 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
This has confirmed my position, The kidnapping of Chibok's girls a scam.

22 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by Yoritshekiri: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
These people have completely taken over Nollywood.

18 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by yunglykmine(m): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
ProfessorPeter: This has confirmed my position, The kidnapping of Chibok's girls a scam.
My thought as well... Big Scam.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 07, 2014
If this Boko Haram are really that careless, how
come the girls have not escaped, I feel America
came and saw it was a political propaganda and
refused to interfere in it, cause I keep wondering
America that is supposed to know seems not to
know, where the Chibok girls are.

19 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by Lusola15: 1:29am On Jul 07, 2014
63 people escaped am mean i don't understand

Who drove them back to town or they just walk from sambisa forest and both the army and BH boys didn't see them.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by manmustwac(m): 1:35am On Jul 07, 2014
imas: If this Boko Haram are really that careless, how
come the girls have not escaped, I feel America
came and saw it was a political propaganda and
refused to interfere in it, cause I keep wondering
America that is supposed to know seems not to
know, where the Chibok girls are.
I heard on the BBC that the girls escaped while the boko haram went on a mission to attack a military base last friday

1 Like

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by sinceden2: 4:37am On Jul 07, 2014
DONMAYOR19: Fake kidnap and fake escape....everything just fake and no single iota of truth except the only true I know is that NOBODY WAS KIDNAP BEFORE.

God will definitely put in this kind of situation one day and everybody will disbelieve ur predicament and all door of $doors of mercy will be shut against u

11 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by sinceden2: 4:44am On Jul 07, 2014
DONMAYOR19: What really surprise me most in this story is that 63 escape from boko haram out of 70 of them, I know one thing, that one, two, 5 or I can say 10 people can escape, but saying that 63 from 70 escape simply shows that those women just travel before not that they were kidnap....now I have come to conclusion that all these their kidnap about chibok are all LIES. Rubbish
Shebi u can now see how unreasonable u are. I wonder if u ever went to school, we are talking about mature women here not teenagers like the chibok girl, whom majority are timid. Read the story well and understand what the report says b4 going into conclusion

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by yunglykmine(m): 6:03am On Jul 07, 2014
Yoritshekiri: These people have xompletely taken over Nollywood.
Movie directors!!
#BringBackOurGirls
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by dlox147(m): 6:07am On Jul 07, 2014
sinceden2:
Shebi u can now see how unreasonable u are. I wonder if u ever went to school, we are talking about mature women here not teenagers like the chibok girl, whom majority are timid. Read the story well and understand what the report says b4 going into conclusion
between teenagers and grown women, who do you expect to be more rebellious? if i expect any form of bravery, it should come from the teenagers.the complexities of the whole chibok girls is more than enough to make people doubt if there was any kidnap.

15 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by sammieguze(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by stevolinkon40: 6:24am On Jul 07, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Chibok
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by CharlieMaria(m): 6:25am On Jul 07, 2014
OK.
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by fubbyy(m): 6:25am On Jul 07, 2014
All these stories of girls/women escaping from boko haram camp don't just make sense to me

There abductors sent all their men to an attack without anyone looking after them?

These people should tell us the truth what game they are playing with nigerians, what their mission is and where they are heading

Come rain come shine I still stand where dokubo stands, there is something fishy about all these stories of abducting people

10 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 07, 2014
H
Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by Guykhena(m): 6:26am On Jul 07, 2014
Who are they deceiving?
You don't need a soothsayer to tell you this is all a set up! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 07, 2014
Hhhhhhhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Trekkers Arrive Otuoke / Another Bridge Built By Okorocha Collapses In Owerri / Oshiomhole: Atiku Will Get 45,000 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.