Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man (5610 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / 10 Good Reasons You Should Not Date A Married Man. / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by ammamat(f): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2008
There are no positive reasons for dating a married man. Even the good reasons don't stand the test of time and turn out to be bad ideas in good ideas' clothing. If you find yourself on the brink of temptation, look at these 10 truths before you leap:

1. He won't commit to a future with you.

A man who is in a very unhappy or unsatisfying marriage can feel swept away by how wonderful you make him feel. He may even blurt out, "I've never felt this way before and I can see spending the rest of my life with you." This may sound like a commitment to a future with you. It's not. Don't confuse his loving the way you make him feel with his loving you and making a commitment to you.

2[b]. Cheating on his wife tells you how he deals with any situation he doesn't like.[/b]You are evidence of his inability to avoid dealing with unpleasant situations head on. This means that he's likely to resort to some devious behavior with you if the two of you encounter relationship problems.

3. Hiding is exhausting.
Having to keep your relationship a secret can attack your self-esteem and cause you to miss out on one of the wonderful aspects of a relationship. Walking together freely and radiantly through the world can fill you with the glow of being with someone who is proud to be with you.

4. He's got his cake and is eating it, too.

He has a legitimate married relationship that helps his public persona and he has an illegitimate one with you to make up for what he's missing in his marriage. As appreciative as he sounds, many women who are involved with married men come to resent his having the best of both worlds, when she has the least.

5. Can you love someone who is so disrespectful of his wife?

The existence of your relationship with a married man tells you how little he respects his wife by lying to her instead of being a man and telling her that he wants out.

6. Lose his respect and it's over.

Even though he's the one who pursued you. Even though he's the one that made it difficult to say "No." And even though he tells you how wonderful you are. At some level, he's going to have trouble respecting you for settling for such a flawed relationship. Like the Groucho Marx joke, "He may not want to be in a relationship that would have him as a partner."

7. You're not a home wrecker, just an accomplice.

Like it or not, you are a willing participant in a man violating his vows and betraying the trust of his wife -- not to mention grossly disappointing his children and making it difficult for them to see him as a role model.

8. You're kidding yourself.

Despite his reassuring you how much you mean to him, his not ending his relationship with his wife in an above-board and respectful way -- and not beginning a legitimate relationship with you -- are actions that speak louder than words.

9. Beware the guilt boomerang.
Many men (and women) have difficulty accepting full responsibility for their deceitful actions. Human nature finds it easier to blame than to accept shame. If he is caught by his wife or conscience, don't be surprised if he tries to blame you and get you to take the fall.

10. Time is too precious to waste.

Ever notice how quickly the years go as you get older? Because it's convenient and comfortable, a relationship with a married man can go on for a long time -- and before you know it, eat up the precious time you might have had in a healthy relationship with a chance of flourishing. When people who have been involved with married men finally move on, they often regret having wasted the time in a dead-end affair.
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by k1banty(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2008
good post!

i hope say some girls go read this
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Tgirl4real(f): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2008
Very good reasons. I can't even stand a married man asking me out not to talk of dating one.
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by sistawoman: 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2008
Good Post.

Read on ladies read on.
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by arramyjay: 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2008
@ poster
Ok
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2008
you don't even need 10 reasons, 1 is enough and that 1 reason is, HE IS MARRIED!

walahi.
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Tgirl4real(f): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2008
ibkaye:

you don't even need 10 reasons, 1 is enough and that 1 reason is, HE IS MARRIED!

walahi.

I concur!!!
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by MissyB1(m): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
Gbam!!
Lovas of bald headed men come over 'ere.A must read for Y'all!!
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
Missy B:

Gbam!!
Lovas of bald headed men come over 'ere.A must read for Y'all!!
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy!!!!!
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by plusQueen: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
how about the stupid girls that marry the married men to become 2nd 3rd and 86th wives
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by idupaul: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
ibkaye:

walahi.

kiss kiss kiss@ ur wisdom
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Godalone(m): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2008
ibkaye:

walahi.
You are right.
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by spikedcylinder: 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2008
Anyone that needs 1 talk more of 10 reasons should be checked. angry
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by onyxgirl(f): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2008
well i agree with u all but sometimes ones destiny cannot be changed am not dating a married man but at times fate has different plans for us no one wishes to be a second fiddle except d greedy chics
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by tutcy4u: 11:53am On Oct 08, 2008
the truth is, married men takes good care of young girls than this good 4 nothn single guys, who's definately seeing some1 else aside you, at least you kw the married man is married but these singles keeps lying 2 you. if you ask me, a married man is more responsible than a single man,

so i 4 1 will go 4 anybody i love, married or not. wink
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by onyxgirl(f): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2008
well i agree with u all but sometimes ones destiny cannot be changed am not dating a married man but at times fate has different plans for us no one wishes to be a second fiddle except d greedy chics
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by benice2: 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2008
they are all pretending now as if they are not into one. . . all does girls are teling lies
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2008
be-nice:

they are all pretending now as if they are not into one. . . all does girls are teling lies

Dont mind them jare, like say na them holy pass.

But poster really thanks a lot, this post is a divine intervention in my life because yours truly is being severely tempted to . . . . you know now

Anyway, I have this freind that's dating this man (married) and claims she loves him soo much that she cant let go. I can understand the love part because sometimes we cant help who we love, but hey , he's just not worth it. Nobody is sad
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by delegirl(f): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ POSTER

U DID A GOOD JOB, MAYBE SOME GIRLS DAT CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT MARRIED MAN IN THEIR WILL READ AND FIND SOME SINGLE GUYS TO DAT.

U REALLY REALLY TRIED

INFACT AM GOING TO PRINT IT AND GIVE IT ONE OF MY AREA SISTER WHO CANNOT DO WITHOUT MARRIED MAN
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by biolabee(m): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2008
dear tutcy4u are you not the person posting that ur present guy is not treatin u well and now here saying that u will date any maried man no-holds-barred,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-180554.0.html

na wa o
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by sistawoman: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2008
biolabee:

dear tutcy4u are you not the person posting that ur present guy is not treatin u well and now here saying that u will date any maried man no-holds-barred,

na wa o

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Karma she is real and a bitch i tell ya.
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by rubi(f): 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ Poster what a wonderful topic!!!!!!!!!!! A word is enough for a wise
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by ammamat(f): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2008
For those who can't stay without married men, I tell you, U will live to regreat .
Is time u (we single sisters) start thinking about ours too
(if u no say, if person do u, u no ko like am abeg make we try abstain from it oh)
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by JJYOU: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2008
biolabee:

na wa o

sistawoman:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Karma she is real and a bitch i tell ya.

i trustthe rafidandi's, fbi and sss of seun's land to fish this out. Lord have mercy
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by opuro(m): 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2008
shagging a married man is the main thing now
kai!
I cant believe people can pretend like this o
so all the babes in nairaland wan swear say married man never shag any of them?
nna na wa ooooooo
I THINK THIS FORUM SHOULD CHANGE TO LIERS FORUM!
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by damiso(f): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2008
be-nice:

so all does girls are dating married men?so becos someone highlights the disadvatges of dating married men and people concur it means that they are lying nto to have dated a married man before.phew i don't get some people's logic?

opuro:

shagging a married man is the main thing now
kai!
I can't believe people can pretend like this o
so all the babes in nairaland wan swear say married man never shag any of them?
nna na wa ooooooo
I THINK THIS FORUM SHOULD CHANGE TO LIERS FORUM!

so if all nairaland girls are shagging married men it makes it right?
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Emperoh(m): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2008
Opuro
Its not aabout admitting to it or not
But accepting the reasons why its wrong.

Those who indulge in it are not looking for long term relationship
But rather the financial, social and economic benefits.

A girl in my class back then in school, was well known as an Aristo.
One day, she had a serious quarrel in class with another babe.
Do you know one of her points. . . , . . .

HOW MANY SUGAR DADDIES U DON DATE?? shocked shocked shocked
'u go dey dey do house wife for one stupid church rat u call boyfriend, ur mates go dey meer people dey make money'. grin grin

Chei!! UMU NWANYI!!!!
Emechaa unu asi n'o bu umu nwoke bu nsogbu unu. . . . . .
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2008
If all these gals dont date married men then I guess we must have been seing spirits around dating married men.

That means all those Aristo gals we see everywhere are spirits if all of you deny ever dating a married man
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2008
There should be only one reason why ladies should not date married men. And I think that reason is quite obvious.
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2008
dayokanu:

If all these gals don't date married men then I guess we must have been seing spirits around dating married men.

That means all those Aristo gals we see everywhere are spirits if all of you deny ever dating a married man
undecided undecided undecided
Not every ladies you see are like the sluts you left at home. Take note
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by biolabee(m): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2008
ruby y d video of avril in ur signature?
Re: 10 Reasons To Not Date A Married Man by franmary: 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2009
am married, one day a lady called me on the phone that she was in one of my relation marriage ceremony, I was surprised how she got my number, I stay at the field away from my family, and since 5yrs I got married no woman ve i slept wt, the issue now is that, initially I banged i phone against her, but later changed my mind and called, i asked if she can come and spent the weekend wt me, she didn't resist and welcome the idea but my mind still tell me its going to be a setup, she asked for credit card which i did give to her.

now this lady knew i am married but wants to visit me for adultery purpose.

I keep wandering till now on how to manage this unholy offings, and all my collegues even want to get her no to engage her, infact everybody is having extramarital affiars on site here, am just singled out, though the flesh is not easy to resist.

dating married men to me are for girls seeking protection and finaincial reasons

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Your Akward Moments, Sexcapades, Embarrassing Moments, Etc / 7 Categories Of Ladies Likely To Sleep With Any Man Any Time- By Danceville / Ladies/guys Have You Ever Met Someone From Nairaland In Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.