Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

True Nigerian Bloggers Are Gradually Displaced By Internet Copy And Paste Sites - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / True Nigerian Bloggers Are Gradually Displaced By Internet Copy And Paste Sites (1016 Views)

How The Laziest Bloggers Are Raking In The Highest $$income / Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers / See What Top Bloggers Are Earning - Can You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Nigerian Bloggers Are Gradually Displaced By Internet Copy And Paste Sites by Jackson333(m): 3:58am On Jul 07, 2014
Let me start off by asking these two questions:

1. do we really have true Nigerian bloggers or internet entrepreneurs in Nigeria?

2. if we have them, are they reaching out to the folks that badly needs their knowledge and services?

I will go straight to writing this post hoping you give your answer at the end of it in comments…

I took my time to check round on Google to see if a post of this kind has once been published by a real and true Nigerian blogger but was surprise to see that the one you are reading now is one of its kind!

So what’s happening to the Nigerian blogoshpere? Is it that the long time established bloggers are not seeing or reading all the fake reviews that has been published online?

Now, I know too well that we live in a world of equal opportunities, that’s you can easily say you are Mr. A when you are not. However, a little correction by means of publication would have made a whole of difference…

What is this guy Jack really talking about?

I am talking about picking and giving credit to the real Nigerian blogs that shows or teaches people practical and proven ways start up something no matter how small.

I am talking about separating the weak from the strong.

I am talking about giving credit to the guys who invest time to blog for the benefit of their readers and others while still making their fortune.

I am talking about putting an end to unnecessary online reviews on Top 5, 10, 20, and so on best Nigerian bloggers that end up in listing 80% of news curators, internet gossipers, copy and paste folks as Nigerian bloggers.

The increasing number of blogs, news websites and forums in Nigeria has made it hard for intending Nigerian bloggers and internet entrepreneurs to succeed.

Today, it’s very hard for people to know which blog to visit for ideas or knowledge as the Nigerian internet market has been flooded with news curators and copycats who only aims at driving unmerited traffic and feeling up their pockets with money while posting anything that comes their way.

Following this trend, adding value or proffering solution that can help people grow online in Nigeria is by far not achievable.

I have come across couple of Nigerian blogs where post titles of this kind “Top 20 Nigerian Best Bloggers in 2014” was made and at the end of the day what you will see is a list of news curators (copy and paste folks).

Out of the 20 best bloggers as the title says, you will end up seeing only 4 or 5 that are real bloggers. This has become the order of the day and funny enough the real Nigerian bloggers (guys who use their think tank to work) end up writing this type of post as reviews on their blogs…

At this moment in Nigeria, there should be a clear distinction between Nigerian blogs and that of news sites. At least, the long time and established bloggers be it tech, entertainment, entrepreneurship and so on should stand to advocate for what they have laboured to gain by frowning at such posts that promises a list of best Nigerian bloggers and end up publishing crap full of news syndicate sites, gossips and so on.

What I have written may not have meaning to some people. But I do know that the whole concept of blogging centers on “adding value and solving problems” something which copy and paste sites have long thrown inside the sea.

If you are true Nigerian blogger that wants the Nigerian blogsphere to gain strength and global respect, help in sharing this article or writing a similar one on your blog so we can together gain our grounds as proud Nigerian bloggers…

Would love to hear from you in comments!

Article source: http://www.jackpreneur.com/true-nigerian-bloggers/

Re: True Nigerian Bloggers Are Gradually Displaced By Internet Copy And Paste Sites by ITbomb(m): 6:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Sometimes you start with a genuine intention of staying out from the fray but most Nigerians don't really read to acquire objective knowledge, rather they want to know what is going on (trending),

Gradually you find yourself pushing in sentimental topics to draw attention while writing serious stuff in between for the more discerning readers.

Blogging is nothing without traffic

1 Like

Re: True Nigerian Bloggers Are Gradually Displaced By Internet Copy And Paste Sites by Jackson333(m): 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
A truth that cannot be hidden...
Re: True Nigerian Bloggers Are Gradually Displaced By Internet Copy And Paste Sites by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
You made a lot of sense. Creating value is no easy fit.

(1) (Reply)

Ilashe Private Beach House / Introducing Promotionalgifts.com.ng / Buy Nigeria Wax, Lace,hightarget,ancara,and So On Call 08066103508

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.