Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse (19998 Views)

Is Your Pastor A P.imp Preacher? Take The Test / Islamic Agenda For Nigeria – Pastor Bosun.... RCCG Pastor. (A Must Read) / Wives And Women : Stop Worshiping Your Pastor - A must read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 07, 2014
Somtyms I wonder nd I get mixed feelings abt it. I knw it's a gud thing getting married to a pastor, bt it feels like being in a cage.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by malvisguy212: 9:14am On Jul 07, 2014
akitijackson: Somtyms I wonder nd I get mixed feelings abt it. I knw it's a gud thing getting married to a pastor, bt it feels like being in a cage.
cage? Why? Well , that your opinion, but as for me, marrying a pastor is like sign in for battle against evil, you got to prepare your self

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2014
akitijackson: Somtyms I wonder nd I get mixed feelings abt it. I knw it's a gud thing getting married to a pastor, bt it feels like being in a cage.

I don't think we should judge the success of a marriage or not based on the occupation of either spouses. The success is dependent on the people involved and their approach to it.

18 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Rexphobia(m): 9:37am On Jul 07, 2014
na cage o....don't try it. You better marry usher or choir coord

6 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by emmyskies(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Except you're not a true born again christian, you can't marry a pastor. What difference is it to marrying a normal man?

6 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia5: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
striktlymi:

I don't think we should judge the success of a marriage or not based on the occupation of either spouses. The success is dependent on the people involved and their approach to it.

not always true in this case- more relevant for non ministerial couples.

its a highly dangerous position.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Lilimax(f): 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
Marrying a real pastor may not be an easy task by with God, all shall be well.
(Emphasis is real pastor cos we have a lot fakes out there).
As long as your husband or wife is truly called by God, He will equip you and make
all things beautiful for you guys... smiley

8 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia5: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
thats wishful thinking, sorry.
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Joshuadon: 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
cage u say ..............lol ................. maybe u are already caged before u got married to him

5 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia5: 5:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
not so much a cage as a gladiator's arena.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by ayoku777(m): 3:10am On Jul 09, 2014
What exactly is it about the work of a pastor that makes marrying one seem like a curse or being in a cage to you? Is it because of the nature of what their work entails? And what might that be exactly?

Is it knowing the word and teaching the word? Is it soulwinning and discipleship? Is it counseling and intercession? Is it praying and fasting? Is it healing the sick and casting out devils? Is it striving to live above reproach? Is it itinerary missions or travelling a lot? Is it criticism and persecution? Which of these things make marrying a pastor a curse?

For starters, none of these things should even be peculier to pastors or to people in ministry. Any believer who is becoming more like Christ will or should do all these things. Every christian should be able to know the word and teach the word, win souls and disciple, pray and fast, heal the sick and cast out devils, strive to live above reproach, endure criticism and persecution etc. It is an across the board mandate for the entire body of Christ.

As a matter of fact the role of pastors, evangelists, prophets, teachers and apostles is not just to minister but to mentor. To communicate and perpetuate their grace; and bring people to the level of what they know, do and experience in God. So that they and those who sit under them can do the work of the ministry.

So OP, if marrying a pastor seem like a curse or being in a cage to you, then you might as well say marrying a matured believer or someone who is becoming more like Christ is a curse to you. Coz what true pastors do is what every matured christian can and should and WILL do. But if you don't find the passionate pursuit of Christ appealing, you won't find someone who does attractive.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by ayoku777(m): 3:39am On Jul 09, 2014
Although let me just also add that the blessing in marriage has nothing to do with whether you married a pastor or a politician or a doctor. It depends on whether it was the Lord that led you to that person, or led the person to you; and the individual spiritual maturity of the parties involved.

So instead of bugging your mind about what you think you want in a man; like he must be tall, he must be yoruba, he must be a pastor and what not; focus on being led of the Spirit, and on developing your spiritual maturity.

If the Lord leads two people to eachother, they will match, even beyond what they could have done on their own. And if they remain matured in the Lord, the marriage would work. That's what makes any marriage a blessing and a success; not whether he's a pastor or a politician or not, as your topic insinuates.

12 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 4:06am On Jul 09, 2014
You go join am pray and FAST taya. grin

my pastor was jisting us that when he is fasting his entire house hold must join in the fasting.he has mandated his wife that there will be no cooking

secondly you go learn how to sleep alone whether konji dey worry you or not because when pastor is away for the lords assignment aka evangelism or crusade in another state or country you go stay alone. cheesy

Many sisters in the lord will come to your husband office for counselling and prayers that will delay him from comming home on time. Some genuine and some to seduce am grin

Some other sister joy in choir will also love to cook asaro for our pastor especially if he is tall, dark and has a sexy voice cheesy

37 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by davidif: 5:17am On Jul 20, 2014
ayoku777: Although let me just also add that the blessing in marriage has nothing to do with whether you married a pastor or a politician or a doctor. It depends on whether it was the Lord that led you to that person, or led the person to you; and the individual spiritual maturity of the parties involved.

So instead of bugging your mind about what you think you want in a man; like he must be tall, he must be yoruba, he must be a pastor and what not; focus on being led of the Spirit, and on developing your spiritual maturity.

If the Lord leads two people to eachother, they will match, even beyond what they could have done on their own. And if they remain matured in the Lord, the marriage would work. That's what makes any marriage a blessing and a success; not whether he's a pastor or a politician or not, as your topic insinuates.

FANTASTIC POST!

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tpia1: 5:23am On Jul 20, 2014
For starters, none of these things should even be peculier to pastors or to people in ministry. Any believer who is becoming more like Christ will or should do all these things

i wonder.

i guess people just immediately think "private jet" and "money rain" whenever they hear the word "pastor" these days.

day dreaming.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by jayseehe(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2014
striktlymi:
grin
occupation is anything one does to earn a living.
sure you are right, it's an occupation grin

@ topic, if you are not a devout Christian, don't try it
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Kalvan: 7:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Lol!!

Some people on this site...

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tundeayo2020: 7:48am On Jul 20, 2014
a blessing
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by omenpetrol: 7:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Both....A lot of ladies get the delusion that becos a man is a pastor he has no Manly desires. I just they laff.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by damosky12(m): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2014
It is a priviledge. I dont know what you mean by a cage. What does it cage you from as a normal woman? It makes and builds you. Besides, you dont get married to a minister of GOD except you yourself being a minister of the gospel.

One thing I think it also does is giving you a quantum leap in life (talking in the light of a true minister of GOD). You are living with an Icon of GOD under your roof. Why on earth will you not fulfill destiny?

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Chibuke56: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2014
.its a blessing if you are married to a real pastor

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2014
Just a passerby
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by olaezebala: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2014
all those mama winchs for una village go de use una as promotion test to anoda level of winchry.
E go be like" any one wey fit kill pastor wife/pikin go be field marshal" lol

11 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by sammieguze(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Whatever u made it to be

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by natureblack(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2014
When he(OP's pastor) ask u what your take is about his marriage proposal to you,just tell him 'NO'

But on a second thought,every woman aspires for a God-fearing kind of man for a husband.Is a pastor not God-fearing enough,this boils down to that unanswered question "what does a woman really want"
Op I give up
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tundeayo2020: 7:53am On Jul 20, 2014
Chibuke56: .
see them bookers

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by martyns303(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2014
A lot of ppl don't understand where the poster is coming from. She is not a fully dedicated Christian, she's just a regular person like most of us, goes to church on Sunday and that's it. Marrying a pastor puts her under the microscope. She can't dress in certain way, talk or act in certain ways without people judging her actions with "see pastor wife". It's like being confined.

31 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 20, 2014
The advantages of marrying a pastor outweighs the shortcomings.
1. The spiritual lives of the couple would be strong,and effective.
2. It kind of command respect,and makes someone to be rational in behaviour,since the pastor,and the wife is seen as a custodian of morals.
3.It will also help in bringing up children in the ways of the Lord.

Shortcomings aren't much,save for the over consciousness of ones attitude,even in glaring circumstance where one should have reacted..

And the monotony of many vigils,and church activities can be killing at times.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by tols4gorgeous(f): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2014
Both
Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by NaLaugh: 7:58am On Jul 20, 2014
For the ladies, it depends on how many private jets he has.

#naijapastorswag

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 20, 2014
if the pastor is very strong in prayers that evil spirit cant get him &you his wife is not strong in prayer atall the evil spirit wil use you test their defferent powers&charms :ptil you re finished

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse by repogirl(f): 7:59am On Jul 20, 2014
For me, I think it's more about wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone not whether he is a pastor or not. If you really like the guy and see yourself having a future with him, being a pastor wouldn't matter to you.

I once had a good friend who is now a pastor, years back when he was an aspiring pastor he asked me for marriage but I didn't see myself spending the rest of my life with him, he was a good friend but there just wasn't enough spark, so I turned him down. I know I coulda looked past him being a pastor if I 'd wanted to be with him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Cult Exposed! / Gold And Silver Lead People To Hell / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.