Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26287 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
Sleep with someone that will die soon. So that they will pass the seed of children that dies before birth to her, and to receive her own children-spiritually.
So she chose Paula.
After the ordeal she always go to see if Paula was alright, although she go with the face of one who others dare not look.

Paula was outside her cell one saturday evening, although she did not know which day of the week they were in. She had wondered why God had not made them kill her, and why that bad thing happened to her.This was her third month in the cell. When it first happened, she had wanted to doubt God, until she saw in her bible that 'all things work together for those love God' and that 'line her falling for me in pleasant places', so she know the rape was a line that had fallen for in pleasant place. She felt like God used it to ward off the death from her head.
Then, she felt an irritating feeling in her chest, as she decided to spit out,instead, she started vomitting, at that same time, a muslim woman, who was doing ablution around that spot, saw her and rushed to her to help her, holding the water for her ablution with her.
'Sorry, ma', the woman said, her accent giving her up as someone from Ondo state. She helped her wipe her face with water.
' What happened?' The woman asked, as she helped Paula sit down,' what did you eat this morning'.
'Rice...' Paula replied, breathing heavily. She wondered what happened,' I was just sitting her and felt an irritation in my chest'.
' Ohhh!!! Let me see your hand', the woman said, also looking at Paula's eyes,' Maberu, you are pregnant'.
Paula did not know how it happened, but the next thing was that she just started laughing; in fact, if people who knew her before were around they would think she had gone mad again.
' Preg..gini..?' she asked,' how can I be pregnant? Have you ever heard a barren woman being pregnant before?
'There is nothing God cannot do', the woman informed her, ' you are pregnant'.
'I'm....' Paula said, looking at her stomach and pressing it with her hands, she touched it severally. Tears flowing from her eyes,' I'm pregnant'.
Just like the case of the rape, everybody heard that Maberu is pregnant, and people were also ready to help.
For nine months, they smuggled in baby things for her. Any money gotten was given to Ojuanu on her behalf, who helped her get things to keep her going, and for the baby. The students preachers also heard it, and brought things for her.
Everyday, she looked at her tummy, rubbing her hand over it, wishing that it will be a girl so that she would name her Bimpe.
On the day she would get delivered, she was lucky one of the family member of a rich woman, she had encouraged alot, was around. The man helped her to a hospital, paid her bills, after the Police agreed, making sure two Policewomen followed her.
She gave birth to a baby girl.
The next day, the hangsman came calling.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
Chapter 35
Before she even gave birth to her baby, she had begged for her laptop where she completed her story.
So after she returned to the cell with the baby, and by 3.00pm, she decided to add the story of her baby to it, and that was the truck came in. The moment the van entered the hall she had a feeling it was for her.
She typed 'Goodbye World'.
The warden that made her get the baby is now pregnant, after she came to beg Paula. Since, she lost her pregnancy again. This time Paula preached the gospel to her, and prayed with her concerning her pregnancy issue, she was six months into her pregnancy already.
When everybody heard Paula was going, many of the Prisoners, near-death fellows, and jailers cried. They wished they could replace her, but none could replace her. The warden promised to take care of her baby.
Paula only regret, now, was that she would not have enough time to care for her baby.
She smiled on, waving to them all as she left like an hero.
When they got to the place, she was eager to go. They had to restrain her as there were procedures they had to take before it began-there must signing of this and that by the person in charge of the killing and the other.
When she put her neck in the rope, which was thicker that a man's hands, a pastor came to pray for her and left. Then they read the allegation railed against her.
'Do you have anything to say', the man reading asked.
' yes... Jesus love you all, he has died for you all, all you need to do is to accept him. Salvation is a gift, get yours.'
Then the man pulled a lever that made the ground, she was standing on, open, then blood began to leave her head, oxygen also was leaving.
It happened so fast, as if she heard a noise somewhere, she was happy she seems to hear the voice of them in heaven, she knew she could not the hear the voice of them in hell. She is already sitted in heavenly places with Jesus, all that was remaining was for her soul to leave this earth for heaven.
Then, the force stopped, she was breathing again. She was like,
'Is this how the air of heaven smell... It smells like real air.. I thought...'
'Wake up', a male voice said, shaking her cheek and tapping it gently, there, in front of her was Peace's betrayous boyfriend, Slyvester. She looked at her cloth, it was still the one she wore, when she was going to die.
'Thank God, she's alive', they all sighed.
' You are not the killer', Slyvester said, with a little joy in his voice.
She rose from the position she was lying and looked at Slyvester, eyeing him as if he just stole something great from her.
'It was your friend that actually sent those hired killer to kill Bimpe. Bimpe caught her trying to kill you with a charm, but kept it secret after much plea. However, Fiyinfolu was afraid you she will still tell you, and that was why she asked you to send men to injure her, however, she had told them to kill her. So they did something what she wanted.'
Paula could not cry, neither could she laugh.
Life has just being so unfair to her. But Jesus had being fair- After she met him, she gave birth to the child she had sought for, and escaped death after she met him.
Life is not fair but Jesus is fair.
So she would name her book, ''Who is fairer?''

Watch out for 'I Need To Know' --- A story that touch parent using their children like slave and 'Caged Love'---- A story for every family man and woman
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
[size=16]THE END[/size]
special thanx to you all...That had encouraged me..
I want to give the first 10 people to comment- from the old followers- the opportunity name the character of my next story that will be coming up in september.
'I Need To Know' --- A story that touch parent using their children like slave and 'Caged Love'---- A story for every family man and woman..

Thank you for encouraging me @ a time or the other..
Sammyhoe,
Fantasywrita,
princesssusan
boladex1
Abuklaw
Omortolah
snowprince07
Kingso23
Bertadayz,Timothy3113,BestInDeeWorld,mattiechris,tunbest,Kingso23,soulminister
soulminister
ProfDee26
kingphilip
Bloomingbud,seunviju,TiffanyJ,moseph,D9ty7
wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1
candy
LogoDWhiz
jaymomma
Odward
uchebest2006
Babyjoker, PrinceAdepoju,Suspect33, NeuroBoss, jaki006, light57,jubileesmith, Anugod,TheWisestjaki006
PrinceAdepoju
Temmytayo20
ninja4life
Missuniverse,popeshemoo,flakkydagirl,mayowaosman,balispecial,olarafiat,Komzzy1,wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1,Iolite
udison...

Thank you all I love you...
If your name was suppose to be there and I did not put...I will put it...
God bless you for helpin me to successfully finsh a novel...on Nairaland...kai you and every 7000 reader are the best

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
[size=16]THE END[/size]
special thanx to you all...That had encouraged me..
I want to give the first 10 people to comment- from the old followers- the opportunity name the character of my next story that will be coming up in september.
'I Need To Know' --- A story that touch parent using their children like slave and 'Caged Love'---- A story for every family man and woman..

Thank you for encouraging me @ a time or the other..
Sammyhoe,
Fantasywrita,
princesssusan
boladex1
Abuklaw
Omortolah
snowprince07
Kingso23
Bertadayz,Timothy3113,BestInDeeWorld,mattiechris,tunbest,Kingso23,soulminister
soulminister
ProfDee26
kingphilip
Bloomingbud,seunviju,TiffanyJ,moseph,D9ty7
wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1
candy
LogoDWhiz
jaymomma
Odward
uchebest2006
Babyjoker, PrinceAdepoju,Suspect33, NeuroBoss, jaki006, light57,jubileesmith, Anugod,TheWisestjaki006
PrinceAdepoju
Temmytayo20
ninja4life
Missuniverse,popeshemoo,flakkydagirl,mayowaosman,balispecial,olarafiat,Komzzy1,wizkris,Epaul,ProfDee26,babyboom,Inyanga,Grace Ezeh,olarafiat,Komzzy1,Iolite
udison...

Thank you all I love you...
If your name was suppose to be there and I did not put...I will put it...
God bless you for helpin me to successfully finsh a novel...on Nairaland...kai you and every 7000 reader are the best

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by jummy604: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmmn at last,nyc one nd i lyk aw u twisted it tot she was gonna die.thank God she didnt
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thanx @ jummy604

So wat name will my female -Hero in my next novel be called
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by lenmafon: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
oga divepen thanks 4 finishing de story. now i beg u 2 go and read, i mean study 4 ur exams and may God Almighty bless u and crown all ur efforts in Jesus name, amen. success in ur exams and nice 2 knw u on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hmmmmm there is nothing God can not do oo,i never knew she would live 2 tell her story.
more knowledge 2 u my boss
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 6:12am On Sep 04, 2014
WOW! Nice ending. So Divepen I did not get special tanx abi sad
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by jummy604: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2014
Divepen: Thanx @ jummy604

So wat name will my female -Hero in my next novel be called
Tania
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by boladex1: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
i miss some part of the story but i like the nice ending,
though i think you rushed the end part but
its a good story.

welldone
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
boladex1: i miss some part of the story but i like the nice ending,
though i think you rushed the end part but
its a good story.

welldone
thanx baba.. I will do somthn about d end
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
Iolite: WOW! Nice ending. So Divepen I did not get special tanx abi sad
if nobody get u must ooo..tanx a lot
What name do i call d guy-hero
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
snowprince07: Hmmmmm there is nothing God can not do oo,i never knew she would live 2 tell her story.
more knowledge 2 u my boss
Tanx baba...
And amen oo

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
lenmafon: oga divepen thanks 4 finishing de story. now i beg u 2 go and read, i mean study 4 ur exams and may God Almighty bless u and crown all ur efforts in Jesus name, amen. success in ur exams and nice 2 knw u on nairaland.
amem ma...
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
dammygoody: Alright...Shola was behind 'device safely removed'.. Hmmmm...cleaner/police officer...

Nice one Divepen..hope your exams haven't started yet?? Because I want moreeeee..
More??
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Iolite(f): 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Divepen:
if nobody get u must ooo..tanx a lot
What name do i call d guy-hero

COLE and if u wanted a tribal name I will suggest AROME.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by princesssusan(f): 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
This is gr8! I luv d ending part so much. As 4 d name i‘ll lyk u 2 name 1 of d characters Beatrice. Tnx
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Iolite:

tanxxxx....

Lol @ Tribal mark... I will try to give someone tribal mark..

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
princesssusan: This is gr8! I luv d ending part so much. As 4 d name i‘ll lyk u 2 name 1 of d characters Beatrice. Tnx
Beatrice...done..
Dammygoody, sir, ur name oo..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Iolite:

I read this on the walk...
I tot I saw tribal mark...Lol

What does Arome means
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by dammygoody(m): 5:25am On Sep 05, 2014
Divepen:
More??
haha.....

Wonderful ending ....hmmm....Jesus of course is fairer than the fairest...Thank you for giving us such a wonderful story....God bless.

As for the name, dammydogood will be nice grin ...
Female- Elizabeth
Male- David ;Tribal mark, sorry, name - Femi

Thanks.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2014
dammygoody: haha.....

Wonderful ending ....hmmm....Jesus of course is fairer than the fairest...Thank you for giving us such a wonderful story....God bless.

As for the name, dammydogood will be nice grin ...
Female- Elizabeth
Male- David ;Tribal mark, sorry, name - Femi

Thanks.

lol..
Yes ooo Jesus is the fairest..So I am also the fairest among my brethhen...
Dammydogood will surely come out.
And for the names registered..
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by jaymomma(f): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Great story, wonderful ending.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 06, 2014
jaymomma: Great story, wonderful ending.
thanx...
Do u av a name for us
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by uchebest2006(m): 8:08am On Sep 07, 2014
Greatwork Divepen!!!!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 07, 2014
uchebest2006: Greatwork Divepen!!!!
thanx baba
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by AudreyTimms(f): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2014
*Rolling on the floor weeping profusely*

You've ended the story? Now that I'm here like a dragon breathing out fire through the mouth? Amma beef you till next month. No fair!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
AudreyTimms: *Rolling on the floor weeping profusely*

You've ended the story? Now that I'm here like a dragon breathing out fire through the mouth? Amma beef you till next month. No fair!
grin
Mayb u go wait till November 1 when I go start 'I need to know'... Keep the fire
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by AudreyTimms(f): 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Divepen: grin
Mayb may u go wait till November 1 when I go start 'I need to know'... Keep the fire
Dude, I've already started. I started reading it when you told me about it!
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
AudreyTimms:
Dude, I've already started. I started reading it when you told me about it!
Good....
So, I should still be waiting for the fire
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
Larrysun
Sammyhoe
Audreytimms
Princesa
Prettyspicey
Davep
kayemjay
Texanomaly
jigsawkillah
Queenxstar
Noble4d
flakkydagirl
TiffanyJ
Missyhorlah
Timpaker
Dorisbest
Repogirl
Kingzpen
Therock5555
Royver
OMA4U
Dammygoody
Rapmike
Dygeasy
LadyWriter
I think It is time to start the publicity or what do you think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Being A Nigerian- "My Descent Into Savagery" / Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.