Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) (26318 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by edwife(f): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2014
Good job Divepen ,following closely. smiley

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
edwife: Good job Divepen ,following closely. smiley
Thanx
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
other

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by ekenzify(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
Thanks Mr. Divepen, am honored.... very captivating story, cool update

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
Oga mi you are welcome..
Using this opportunity to say how sorry I am for not upd8in for days now...
I hhope to start feeding us well from tomorrow but for now let's
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by ekenzify(m): 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
allright boss....take as much time as u like..dnt rush or pressure ursef
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Tanx boss.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
other

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
[size=16] Part Two
Appalling Tears[/size]

That same night, I wrote my first short story. It took me thirty minutes. It was a dark little tale about a man who found a magic cup and learned that if he wept into the cup, his tears turned into pearls. But even though he had always been poor, he was a happy man and rarely shed a tear. So he found ways to make himself sad so that his tears could make him rich. As the pearls piled up, so did his greed grow. The story ended with the man sitting on a mountain of pearls, knife in hand, weeping helplessly into the cup with his beloved wife's slain body in his arms.
Khaled Hosseini
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
other
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by papindinho(m): 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
you've got a great project here bro... Thanks for the dedication....
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 04, 2014
other
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 04, 2014
other
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2014
When the woman left, Peace was waiting for Bimpe's eye to bore into her. Bimpe has a way of looking at people that will make you stop talking, and want to be in her. When one look into her eyes, it always make one want to enter into her body, it has an heavenly feeling, because they are as blue as the evening sky; sometimes, Peace argue within herself that Bimpe uses artificial eyes, and had, in fact, caught herself staring into those eyes on many occassion.
Peace was ready to overcome her obsession, today, and was not reasy to allow Bimpe win her in any argument that will take place between them. So, she crossed her arm, squinted her eyes, and sucked in her cheeks.
'I will not talk now', she declared, pouting and shaking her head.
Bimpe and she had become, so close that they now play alot,like sisters. She had visited Bimpe many times, few of which she got the opportunity to meet Madam again.
'Let us prepare for the next person coming', Bimpe said, ' Mrs... Amanda...'
The mention of the name made Peace laughed, grabbing at her ribs like she had a stitch in her side.
' Why the laughter?' Bimpe demanded.
'Nothing...'
' Please,tell me it is not another bad news', Bimpe begged.
Peace, still amused, covered her mouth to hold-in a laughter, and shaked her head.
Bimpe shrugged, and started reading the file. Peace, who was standing at her side, noticed her eye brow coming together, so she turned away to regain control of her feature as she was about to laugh her stomach out.
'Then how does she expect us to help her? When she cannot accept to do what you told her ?'
'I don't know ooo', Peace said, staring at Bimpe who kept the pen, she was using to write, between her teeth as she ruminated on the issue.
' How did you even meet her?'
'Through our site, I used different name'.
' Another name as in?'
' I registered two account because of trouble like this'.
'Hmm', Bimpe commented, using her pen to hit her teeth, 'remind me to deduct it from your salary'.
' Ahhhh! Mummy, it has its own benefit', Peace objected quickly.
' Go on with your story'.
' She wanted me to help her get a baby, I introduced the baby selling to her, but she objected when I told her we will sell one of the babies of some of the pregnant girls, who do not want to abort their babies or throw them away', Peace paused as her phone vibrated.
' This message is from her, she said she will get here soon. That, she is not very far from this place'.
' Before she gets here, finish your story'.
' Then, I came bearing the same news to her with another moniker, and in my disguise she told me she wants her own baby- a baby she would carry in her womb for nine month'.
' That's a big problem', Bimpe muttered.
'So, Madame', Peace said, smiling,'I have done my part', she rose and smiled, ' I have handed it over to you'.
' I will sack you... For bringing this kind woman to us', Bimpe joked.
'That will be good for me, I will open a new company and we will start a competition'.
Bimpe laughed.
The office telecom beep, she looked at Peace's face. Peace muffled her laughter, and left the room with her back.
'Try to delay her a bit,while I deal with this issue...I will have to call Paula'.
Peace shaked her eyebrows and left the room, while Bimpe picked her phone and dialed the number.
She heard Paul, and wondered who Paul was, is he a friend of the company? Or one of the people working in the company?
Well, she knows Bimpe was always up to the task, and would make the situation disappear like smoke into the air.
Www.stayglued.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 06, 2014
other

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Babe2sure(f): 4:42am On Aug 06, 2014
Following steadily..... Thanks for the dedication.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by udison(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2014
following....please update soon,,,love ur story
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2014
Babe2sure: Following steadily..... Thanks for the dedication.
hmm... U kno wan slp @ all
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2014
udison: following....please update soon,,,love ur story
thanx a plentiful much
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 06, 2014
other
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
Dedictated to te first three people who will comment their experience of when they wanted to tell their parent something bad they've done.

***Continuation***

She went home semi-happily.
She wondered why she was, even, afraid, and wished she knew it was going to end like that.
Chinedu, her boyfriend, had agreed to take the responsibilities of the unborn child, but the problem now is her father.
She met her mother who was trying to cook the food they-the family-would eat; in fact, she could feel hunger re-awakening itself in her stomach as she percieved the sweet odour of the food. Of late, she noticed her mother had been repulsive, but she just have to tell her.
'Mum, please I will like to tell you something after...' she said after she had greeted her mother, but her mother motioned her to get out of the way as she ran to the toilet.
Peace ran after her mother with fear, and was more afraid when she met her mother vomiting.
'Oh mum, you are sick!', Peace moaned.
'It's nothing'.
'Are you serious?'.
'Yes...'
'Don't you think you should see the Doctor'.
'Nooooo....'
'I'm suspecting a foul play, Mum'.
'Well, you have come off age...', her mother said, smiling ,' I'm pregnant'.
Goose pimples covered Peace's body, she moved back.
'Why did you move back?', her mother asked inquistively, cleaned her face with a towel, 'is anything wrong in my being pregnant'.
' You mean you are pregnant- as in real pregnancy'.
' Yes now... Let's go to the kitchen'.
They moved to the Kitchen.
'Did Daddy know about it?'
A noise came from outside the house.
'Is that your Dad?'
'No', she nodded her head, ' his car would give him up, if he was the one'.
' Mummy, I said I wanted to tell you something'.
'Yes... You said you wanted to tell me something, what is it?', her mother asked returning to her cooking.
'Please, I need you to know now, because Daddy might kill me if he hears', Peace said looking at the ground instead of her mother's eyes.
Her statement made her pregnant mother stopped cooking and turned to face her.
The atmosphere was tensed, heat was rushing from the boiling pot of rice and it even made sounds like that of men marching to war.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by udison(m): 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Am a GOOD boy....i have never done something bad..
0_o
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thanks divepen for the encouragement. Will create time to read yours.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Tnx for your dedication sir.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 07, 2014
udison: Am a GOOD boy....i have never done something bad..
0_o
if I hear?

1 Like

Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 07, 2014
Fantasywrita: Thanks divepen for the encouragement. Will create time to read yours.
You are welcome...Abeg find time o
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:18am On Aug 07, 2014
SammyHoe: Tnx for your dedication sir.
you are welcome, sir.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2014
*Continuation*
'What did you do', her mother asked.
Her hand hit a cockroach which wriggled, and ran out of reach but she refused to kill it because her mind was pumping hard. Then she rushed the words out of her mouth
' I...I- did not know it will turn out this way, I was trying to keep him, because he said if I did not do what he want, he will leave me for another guy, and I love him ooo, he also love me and even promised to marry me. So, I agreed....to....', she cut off.
'You what?'Her mother asked impatiently, her hands showing she is not ready to help Peace beg her father for any money and that she is not getting her.
' Slept with him, and now I'm pregnant'.
Suddenly,her father bursted in,
he shouted as he knocked the door open
'I will kill you today', he shouted.
She froze on her feet, and stared at her father who was prespirating and looking as if he would swallow her, his eyes were as red as that of a person that had just smoked india hemp.
' Ah!', Peace's mother went down on her knee. 'Please, don't hurt her, she is in a delicate state now'.
'Shut up', he roared, ' do you know what you are trying to do? You want her to be a nonetity, and to bring disgrace to my name'.
'Please, Baba Peace, please forgive her', she pleaded, holding his leg.
'I said leave me', he cut his leg from her grasp.
' You are going to abort that baby', he shouted, turning to her.
She was crying profusingly. Praying to God in her mind, water was dropping from her eyes; and the eyes were as red as blood; mucus was running from her nose-following the tears.
' You are going to abort that pregnancy', he shouted again, this surprised Peace she thought the first time was a slip of tongue, how would one hear that the daughter of a man of God is taken to abort a baby?
'No! I can't abort it'.
' Do you want to live in this house?'
'Yes, Daddy'.
'Then you must obey me'.
'But you did not ask for the father of the baby?', her Mother chipped in.
'Shut up your mouth!'
'But this is unfair'.
' Are you nut or what, who do you think you are talking to, you will abort that baby...Look at your age, you still have alot to achieve'.
'At least Daddy know the father of the unborn child, he promised...', Peace lamented,wailing.
' I will not know any father'.
'ah, I can not abort any baby', she declared.
He went into his room angrily.
Peace faced her mother,
'Please, help me explain to Daddy', she cried to her mother who had become helpless when she saw the hot argument between the father and daughter.
' You have to let him calm down a bit'.
' I hope...',
she jumped up from where she was sitting.
'yehhhhhhh!!!', she ran to the door.
Her father had returned to the sitting room with a very new cultlass.
'Come back here...Let me remove the child in you',he roared, ' or you leave my house'....
'Yehhhhhhh!!!' Baba Peace oooo!!!', her mother wailed, 'please!!!'.
'Get inside!' He shouted, 'she will return'.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:56am On Aug 07, 2014
yeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh!!!
Baba Peace ooooo
Ejo naaa sad
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 08, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: yeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh!!!
Baba Peace ooooo
Ejo naaa sad
lol
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Dedicated to Babyjoker, PrinceAdepoju,Suspect33, NeuroBoss, jaki006, light57,jubileesmith, Anugod,TheWisestjaki006
Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16
She still dread remembering those period.
It's a sunday- free time.
Peace decided to visit Bimpe with the hope she might meet The Madam, whose name she desired to know; if she get the name she would have the chance to search up the name, and see if she can hack into some of her online materials.
When she got to Bimpe's house, she closed her eyes for some moment to sip in the smell of the air freshener. The house was expensively decorated, very neat (reminding Peace of the fact that she had noticed rich people's house are very neat), and carefully planned. When one first enter the house his/her first impression would be,
'what an heaven on earth.'
Bimpe does not like anywhere to be stained in her home, so she had refused to buy any pet despite the numerous plea of Micheal for a dog.
Michael ran to her with joy in his eyes. She had missed him alot. She remember his mother said he got his name from Madam's late husband, whom she love him(Micheal) to be like.
Sometimes, Peace wondered why she could not, at least, name him after her own husband, but she decided not to ask.
'Michey', she said as she carried him up, pecking him on the cheek.
'Pisi! Pisi!', he sang as she dropped him. She smiled. How could she forget the first day she came to their house?
He introduced himself to her as Micheal.
'Oh! Michey!!!' She exclaimed after he told her his name, he shifted back, his mouth shifted to a side, his head shaking.
' No...', he exclaimed, frowning, ' that's not my name. My name is Micheal'.
Peace laughed at loud,
'It means the same thing'.
'No'.
'Ok! It is called nickname, and that is the one I want to give you'.
'What is the meaning of niwckname?'.
The way he pronouced 'nickname' made Peace bend with laughter.
'It is nickname, it....', she started explaining,after she had stopped laughing.
'Nickname', he repeated.
'Ehn...It is the name your friend decide to give you. I am giving you Michey'.
'What is your name?' He asked gently like one that had just been hit with a bat on the face.
'Peace'.
He stopped for some time, brightened his face, and nodded.
'I will call you Pisi Pisi',he declared.
' Pisi what?', she asked trying to hide the laughter erupting from her stomach.
'Pisi Pisi', he restated.
'Pisi Pisi!' She said, bursting into laughter, Bimpe who had been watching from the balcony joined her in laughing too.
Today, as she dropped the eight-year-old Micheal, her mind, immediately, went back to her own baby.
' Where is your mummy?'
'oun', a voice called from the kitchen, Peace looked up, towards the kitchen, and saw Bimpe.
Bimpe was putting on a green plain gown,one which apron has covered its front. Her brazillian was packed with a rubber band into an head net. She was chewing something.
'Oun..', she called again, beckoning on Peace to come over to the kitchen; using her head to direct Peace into the kitchen.
She had been cooking, for her son Michael. Peace wondered how he would feel when she tell him she will be taking him to a boarding house the next day. Bimpe had already told her she would be taking Micheal to a boarding school.
Just as Peace was settling down, and was making joke about Bimpe's chewing, Bimpe's phone rang.
She looked surprised.
' Who?'Peace mouthed.
'Mrs.Amanda,' she mouthed back, this made Peace cease her breathe as if the woman will hear her breathing through the phone.
' Hello!!', Bimpe said, putting the phone on loudspeaker.
'Hello,ma, good afternoon ma...It's Amanda'.
' How are you?'.
'I'm fine ooo...please I just want you to help me thank baba very well. I myself will be coming to thank him next week'.
' For...?' She inquired, looking at Peace face quizzically.
'I am pregnant'
'How did you know? Did you go to a doctor?'
' No ooo, my stomach is protuding'.
Peace sighed lightly.
' Good don't go a doctor'.
'Not at all, but I am planning to go to scan the baby tomorrow'.
'What!', Bimpe shouted.
' Yes- tomorrow'.
'Don't try anything silly'; Bimpe shouted over the phone, 'Baba said if you scan the baby, the baby will die'.
'Eh!'
'So, don't try to do anything that will make the world blame you for not having a child'.
'Okay ma'...The call was terminated.
'Are these women brainless?'
www.stayglued.
Re: Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) by babyjoker(f): 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=Divepen][b]Dedicated to Babyjoker mehn...sweetest divepen i dont knw wat to say .THANK U VERY MUCH for this lovely passage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Glory Abah Read 27 Books In January / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) / Diary Of A Stingy Sex Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.