Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Reason I Got A Toyota - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Reason I Got A Toyota (1103 Views)

Container Falls On A Toyota Hiace Bus Along Ilasa-Oshodi Expressway (Pictured) / The Reason Why That Your Tokunbo Car Keeps Overheating Here In Nigeria / Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason I Got A Toyota by ruggish10: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2014
I hear Toyotas hv uncommon fuel consumption efficiency, that is the reason i got a toyota...but to my greatest surprise my hyundai seems to conserve more fuel than the toyota for the same journey.
I hv changed out the fuel injectors and replaced with new ones but this didnt solve the problem....anybody with suggestions can advise.
Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2014
ruggish10: I hear Toyotas hv uncommon fuel consumption efficiency, that is the reason i got a toyota...but to my greatest surprise my hyundai seems to conserve more fuel than the toyota for the same journey.
I hv changed out the fuel injectors and replaced with new ones but this didnt solve the problem....anybody with suggestions can advise.
another innocent toyota bites the dust due to mr OP's insatiable crave for "low fuel consumption" which made him give his toyota + cash to a clown mechanic to butcher. Now that's a double tragedy.

4 Likes

Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by degamonn: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls, people with useful suggestion/solution should come up because I am facing the same challenge with my Toyota Camryu.
Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by Kashif(m): 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
ruggish10: I hear Toyotas hv uncommon fuel consumption efficiency, that is the reason i got a toyota...but to my greatest surprise my hyundai seems to conserve more fuel than the toyota for the same journey.

What Hyundai, and what Toyota are you comparing? Do they have the same engine capacity, weight, etc?

You can't compare an Accent to Avalon you know undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by 9icetoo(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Before you murder your toyota in your quest for fuel efficiency, kindly state the toyota model, engine type/size, perceived fuel economy currently being experienced. Also state same for the hyundai and then we will be able to compare. You don't compare fuel economy of a 1.8L enigine and a 4.2 L engine especially for city driving.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by cardoctor(m): 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls kindly specify models of these cars and their engine sizes.

Car-Doctor.
Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by 9icetoo(m): 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
Before you murder your toyota at the hands of a mech, kindly tell us the model, year and engine type and size. You see, a lot of people buy 3.0 litre vehicles and expect to get the same fuel economy as their neighbour who owns a 1.2 Litre kia picanto. That is just not possible. So before you continue your torture on that faithful toyota, please give us the info we need and also give that of the hyundai. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by adanny01(m): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
We are waiting to hear the engine sizes.
Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
adanny01: We are waiting to hear the engine sizes.
na 5.7L V8 i-force engine.
Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by adanny01(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
lomomike: na 5.7L V8 i-force engine.

Na Toyota Sequoia be that compared to 1.6L Hyundai Accent or 1.8L Elantra. Hmmmm
Re: The Reason I Got A Toyota by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
adanny01:

Na Toyota Sequoia be that compared to 1.6L Hyundai Accent or 1.8L Elantra. Hmmmm
grin

(1) (Reply)

Toyota's Recommended Oils / Travel Alert (abuja-lagos Route Diversion) / Lamborghini Confirms SUV For 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.