Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent (10515 Views)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education / If You Were Raised By Your Grand Parent, Oya Dedicate A Line To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by ijbeauty(f): 8:16am On Jul 08, 2014
tellwisdom:

If everybody begin put pisure, you think sey here go reach us??

Sorry sir I 4get say na you get NL. Ma binu

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by coolzeal(m): 8:16am On Jul 08, 2014
It was quite unfortunate that i didn't get to see my grandpa from my maternal and paternal sides, guess they died before i was born and my grandma from both sides died when i was 7 and 8. Death is cruel

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 08, 2014
My own them die b4 gsm even commot. undecided
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by 50calibre(m): 8:22am On Jul 08, 2014
I have no grand parents anymore, they're all dead. The last of them, my paternal grand mother died in 2010.

Though I never met any of my grandfathers, they died long before I was born.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by adedayourt(m): 8:22am On Jul 08, 2014
kissOften enough to know shez doing good
Ma ever sweetie Grandma

5 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by MabraO: 8:23am On Jul 08, 2014
wanted:

You obviously are not ready to get married. y put wives of other men as 1st and 2nd?

That na ur own cup of tea
Weda I put any body as my priority and not my wife is none if ur business
It shows u don't even regard ur parents

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by hermesprogidy(m): 8:24am On Jul 08, 2014
nairaland MODs na real wa for una o.. So this kind thread made frontpage? Are you guys short on topics or what?
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by silverloaded: 8:24am On Jul 08, 2014
learn how to earn $500 daily with ur Facebook and Twitter account visit WWW.silverloaded.tk
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by AJ01(m): 8:27am On Jul 08, 2014
They are dead....died before I started making use of phone
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Lilimax(f): 8:30am On Jul 08, 2014
I was very close to my maternal grandma. I visited her quite often when I was in secondary school...
Agumma as she was fondly called was so caring... but we lost her upon my
graduation for the university.

I didn't know my paternal grand parents.

So nobody to call embarassed
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Lilimax(f): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2014
berem: Paternal grandma died in 1958
Paternal grandpa died in 1993
Maternal grandma died in 2011
Maternal grandpa died in 1997

So na who I wan call now?

?
grin
I've lost all my grandparents too cry.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Waspy(m): 8:35am On Jul 08, 2014
Op, Maybe you shld talk to MTN about this undecided undecided
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 08, 2014
livingstoneony: there should be like a national grandparents day or something smiley

Seconded.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by timpaker(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2014
My Grandma always query me when I call her....she'd say after I've finished calling my "chewing gum" girlfriends with my credit, then I'd call her with insufficient credit...blah blah blah!!
The woman was like a jealous lover, always wanting to know who I roll with....
I remember the day she went to the hospital for a seminar and came back with lots of condom, she called me (out of all her grandchildren) and gave them to me....
She told me a girl had HIV and was crying, she said the HIV was 'paining' the girl that she too started crying...
I just laughed and said "Granno, HIV no be wound ooooo" grin.
I miss her though. R.I.P Granno!
Though I called her two days to her demise

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by grandstar(m): 8:38am On Jul 08, 2014
I have none. the last, my maternal grandmother died in 1981.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by MadCow1: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2014
I havent called mine in months.

The dude is sick and cant talk so it makes phone convos difficult.
I will try though.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 08, 2014
Never had the chance to. sad My last grandparent died in 1995.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by severee(m): 8:43am On Jul 08, 2014
grin no dey call my grand parents my momma say dem be winch!
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nnamdini(m): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2014
Shame.not quite often i must confess.i tried reaching my paternal grand mother the other month but when aunty said she was sleeping.damn.i haven't called back since then.then my maternal grandmum,couldn't reach her too on a certain sunday.heard she was in a meeting in the church.sadly,my two granddads are late now.my God bless their souls
Lemme call mamas as soon as possible.oge adiro nwanne
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Every 2 days and I go to the village to see them 3 times every year. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2014
ossaisly: It depends on how close one has been with them. These days many people don't even know theirs coz of the alleged wickedness in the village. sad But one the other hand, i prefer visiting them to calling.

OMG I'm cracking up. I thought it was only me who wasn't allowed to go to the village for fear of wickedness.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2014
I wish I knew my grand parents. never got to meet them.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by tellwisdom: 8:56am On Jul 08, 2014
ijbeauty:

Sorry sir I 4get say na you get NL. Ma binu

Shattap angry
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by fightforchange1(f): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2014
Like a couple times a month.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Cynthyworld(f): 9:00am On Jul 08, 2014
Well dey r late frm both side,,i didn't even see ma grandpa datz y going2d village is vry boring 2me
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 08, 2014
I looooooove my grandmama. My maternal grandmother, that is. My paternal grandmother is a wicked woman. And she doesn't care about me so, whatever. My maternal grandfather died when my mother was a child, and my paternal grandfather was over 100 years old and senile by the time I got old enough to call him. He passed a few years ago.

Anyway, my Mama... she is sooo funny. The day she found out about my boyfriend, she was ecstatic because she wants to see me marry before she dies. So the next time I called her, out of nowhere she asked how my boyfriend was doing, and I was so shocked that she knew I was stuttering. She laughed so hard, and told me she knows everything about all her children, that I shouldn't be surprised lol

She is a true matriarch. My mother and her siblings, though they are many and not all fully related, are very close due to her influence. All of her children and grandchildren are very loyal to each other. I'm grateful for it, because I know what a mess my father's side of the family is...

My cousins and I are commissioning a painting of her. Smh this woman is happily planning her funeral, so we're going to present it to her, so she can be happy that it will be properly done (actually, this trait reminds me of my mother--she doesn't trust anyone to do anything better than she can do it grin)

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by TrYcIa1(f): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2014
I dnt call ma grandpa sha but I talk to ma grandma frm ma maternal side like every day of ma life cus she is everyfin to me afta God.I neva had a moda and a father but she neva allowed me to feel d vacuum cus she did everyfin for me,frm wen I was a child till now dat am a graduate and not just a graduate but I took ova frm her today....I call her ma world smileyI luv her so much kiss

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 08, 2014
TrYcIa1: I dnt call ma grandpa sha but I talk to ma grandma frm ma maternal side like every day of ma life cus she is everyfin to me afta God.I neva had a moda and a father but she neva allowed me to feel d vacuum cus she did everyfin for me,frm wen I was a child till now dat am a graduate and not just a graduate but I took ova frm her today....I call her ma world smileyI luv her so much kiss

smiley That's how I feel too! I can sing praise all day for that my mama. I love her too too much

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by TrYcIa1(f): 9:15am On Jul 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

smiley That's how I feel too! I can sing praise all day for that my mama. I love her too too much
Yea yea,we are on d same tract smiley
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by zeezoom: 9:17am On Jul 08, 2014
mine called me 3days ago, planning on taking her Great Grand daughter to visit here this salah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married / Describe Your Dad In Two Words. / My Brother-in-law And My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.