Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,285 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent (10519 Views)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education / If You Were Raised By Your Grand Parent, Oya Dedicate A Line To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by SugaryBelle(f): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2014
I call my grandma when i have much credit,she can talk eh,she knows everything happening with all her children home/abroad and once you call her,she gives you the gists,in details...

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 08, 2014
SugaryBelle: I call my grandma when i have much credit,she can talk eh,she knows everything happening with all her children home/abroad and once you call her,she gives you the gists,in details...

Loooool that's my mama too. My friends tease me that I like gist, it's like I inherited it grin

When I get old and bored, I will be summoning my grandchildren to tell me what their parents have been up to hehehe

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by vivalavida(m): 9:28am On Jul 08, 2014
Since last week,this question have bothered me. I even tried calln my granny on sunday and her phone was off. Infact,i will try again today
Luckily for me,my two grannes are still alive. One is 86 and the other is 88. They are both namesakes. They bear bernice as their first names.

May God keep them for me so that i can pamper them

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by SugaryBelle(f): 9:34am On Jul 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

Loooool that's my mama too. My friends tease me that I like gist, it's like I inherited it grin

When I get old and bored, I will be summoning my grandchildren to tell me what their parents have been up to hehehe
lol,and when she is done with the gist,she'll start complaining,she even complains about how she has tried to mate her dog,but the thing has refused to get pregnant,loools...I'm going to call her now.

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 08, 2014
SugaryBelle: lol,and when she is done with the gist,she'll start complaining,she even complains about how she has tried to mate her dog,but the thing has refused to get pregnant,loools...I'm going to call her now.

Ahahaha! I just laughed out loud. I like your grandma grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by SugaryBelle(f): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

Ahahaha! I just laughed out loud. I like your grandma grin
haha,thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by girlo: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2014
Everyday grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 08, 2014
I would have loved too unfortunately dey r all dead nd gone. RIP

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 08, 2014
I got to talk to mine for the first time last year, I've only seen her in pictures embarassed... family issues. We talk sometimes, but network is always bad in her village and when call her sometimes her phone might be under her bed grin.
Dear Grandma, I would see you very soon. cool grin cheesy smiley embarassed
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by harlos: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2014
embarassed
Unless i go visiting.... undecided
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by rezzy: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2014
Reasons why i dont call
1. No network in my village except Glo network which u go go mountain go receive am. Except now oo, if e don reach
2. My grandparents no no me and me too no no dem. Na their pikin dey call them.

I never go my village for the past 27 years.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nogen: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2014
My grandma, I love her so much and I call her every week. When I was in higher institution in my state, mama made sure I didn't starve. She gave me money and food. Now, she's in her 80s, I make sure she doesn't lack at all. She's on my payroll. God please keep my grandma for me to see her great-grand children from me in Jesus name! Amen

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by UnknownT: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2014
Will start calling them once I get their underworld phone numbers
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2014
hermesprogidy: nairaland MODs na real wa for una o.. So this kind thread made frontpage? Are you guys short on topics or what?

Na only you waka come? I hate seeing this kind of comment. Obviously other people are interested in the topic. Not every time make an empty comment. Sometimes click Back.

Or do you enjoy subscribing to threads you find boring?

I really never understand this.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2014
Nogen: My grandma, I love her so much and I call her every week. When I was in higher institution in my state, mama made sure I didn't starve. She gave me money and food. Now, she's in her 80s, I make sure she doesn't lack at all. She's on my payroll. God please keep my grandma for me to see her great-grand children from me in Jesus name! Amen

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Kokobebi(f): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2014
Once every week to check in on her and make sure she's ok..
I over love her..best person on this planet..
I'll make it twice a week now.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by englishmart(m): 10:54am On Jul 08, 2014
My grandparents need me very much. Much more than I need them. I call them once every week but they call me 3times every hour.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by ICEKID334(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2014
Ch0i. mah qrandmum ehn, she is very funni, i use t0 call her evri week buh she naht usinq ph0ne currently, she ask my mum t0 buy her b0ld5, hiqhlander jeep nd put 3milli0n in2 ha acunt 0r we still 0n 0ur 0wn sad she just celebrate her 80th bday th0.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by papindinho(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2014
hmmn! My granny calls me weekly or at two weeks interval. Funny enough, I cooked for her on the first day of Ramadan. She always wants me around. I've been her pal since like five years ago and still counting.

Grandpa, I lost his contact. I cherish visiting him more than calling. He raised me up though... I was with him through-out my secondary school days. He's jovial and always wants Opeyemi to pay him a visit once in every month at least.

It's good to cherish and take care of them now. Who knows what might happen tomorrow?

I pray they both live long enough to reap the fruits of their labour... Amen

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2014
cry cry cry cry I miss mine so damn much.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by kokoA(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2014
The last one (maternal grandma) walked to her grave last year.. I wonder how these old people get to see their deaths before it happens. shocked Mama danced and danced with her grandkids that morning and told them not to leave the house that day because she will be going to "Jerusalem" later that day and wants them to see her off, everybody laughed about it and went about their normal activities. Later that day, after taking her bath she sat down to eat and that was it, she started talking in our language saying "Jesus has come to take her home...." She died sitting, with food in her mouth. Continue to RIP mama..

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2014
ICEKID334: Ch0i. mah qrandmum ehn, she is very funni, i use t0 call her evri week buh she naht usinq ph0ne currently, she ask my mum t0 buy her b0ld5, hiqhlander jeep nd put 3milli0n in2 ha acunt 0r we still 0n 0ur 0wn sad she just celebrate her 80th bday th0.

Loooool my grandmama doesn't even want to learn how to use the feature phone I bought her, I'm just imagining her with a smartphone... she would use it to hold open the window grin grin

BTW, to anyone looking for a phone with STRONG battery life: I bought her a BLU phone, model "Tank"

It lasts for DAYS AND DAYS WITHOUT CHARGING. I bought one for myself, my mom, my dad, and my boyfriend as backup phones
It looks like this:

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Soundmind(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2014
I did not know any of my grand.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Oje2: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2014
Called my grandmum ystd,my grandad lies in the morgue dis very minute to be buried soon. May his peaceful soul rest in perfect peace Amen,I love him always.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2014
the only one alive does not have a phone and even if she does communication would be close to impossible since we don't understand eachother's language.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by ifekemmy(f): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2014
Still call her(paternal grandma) yestede, she raise me from baby till 7yrs old. I love her so much. I Use to call her sweet 16 or mummy.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by prettiest1(f): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2014
So unfortunate they left without their phones to the great beyond. Since then all effort to give them a shout out proves abortive... Hmmmm.
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by DonaldGenes(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2014
STENON: Oh My wonderful Grandparnts!!.......Thou they are no more bt I still Love them....

Back to ur questn....at least once in 3 days to the extent that my Grandmum waited for me to come back frm sch, ate my food that night, woke me up very early the folloing day and started prayering for me.......And that wz the end....she died in my arms......

Awwwwwwwwww
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Elliotwiz1: the only one alive does not have a phone and even if she does communication would be close to impossible since we don't understand eachother's language.

My grandmother doesn't speak English well, and I don't speak my language well either. But we still love hearing each other's voices. At least learn how to say the basics, so you can hear the joy in her voice.

Usually I use my mother as a translator. She whispers the translation in my ear, and I repeat it. Hahaha my mama thinks I'm fluent, but then I'm mute when I see her in person grin

So I just sit really close to her and we smile at each other happily. Love has no language.

4 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by gidjah(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
THE LAST TIME I SAW MY GRAND MAMA WASIN 1999,WE never worked good together,always pickin quarrels wit her grand child,may be thats was one of d reasons i have never fancied herstyles,all d same my heart goes out to her all d time.she is over 80 now and still kickin.her mother is still well alive at over a hundred.i do not call any one of them at all,even though some times i feel so bad about that
Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Ezeibe(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
I lost both grand parents when i was still very little....... My children won't see theirs either,....i lost my mum five years ago & i just buried my dad last weekend...... Just dont know why it is so , but i give praises to God!!! (sleep well EVANG. GABRIEL I. EZEIBE) jesUs is lord.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Call Your Grand Parent by Nogen: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ezeibe: I lost both grand parents when i was still very little....... My children won't see theirs either,....i lost my mum five years ago & i just buried my dad last weekend...... Just dont know why it is so , but i give praises to God!!! (sleep well EVANG. GABRIEL I. EZEIBE) jesUs is lord.

So sorry. I pray your children children get to meet and know you. That chain shall be broken forever! Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Add Weight? / He Was Dying While His Mum Was Having Sex / I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.