Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:47 PM

Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here (78462 Views)

Nairalanders Share Your Valentine Pictures / What Would You Do If Your Blind Date Showed Up Looking Like This? / How Did You React the first time You Met Your Blind Dates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
frankben: yo can try me out.... You go like me.... I swe**

grin
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
frankben: subtle to say that she's a liar
lols, I didn't even think in that direction....it might not be so, maybe she didn't understand trending fashion then
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by TyTymer(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
xynerise:
I am telling you grin. Desperate girls. Chai! I remember Rose. grin .
grin Oya tell us about Rosie grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by TyTymer(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
frankben: yo can try me out.... You go like me.... I swe**
My guy, she fit don marry, born pikin. grin
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1: [b]As a Student in school, one Sunday whilst at church, my phone rang and when I answered, it was the sweetest and most angelic voice I have ever heard in my life. Barely 30 seconds into the conversation, I realized she had called the wrong number and I was a bit reluctant to tell her but I did and she apologized and hung up.

I couldn't help myself so I called her and complimented her voice and told her how melodic her voice was and all that sweet nothing we guys say, she was a good sport and laughed but didn't take Offence nor hang up. I told her I would call her from time to time just to hear her say hi and she didn't object. I got back to the hostel and told my homies about my encounter and one of them said he also had a similar experience and that he is currently holding steady chats with his own unknown caller on the phone. After several chats, I enquired about her location and the chances of us meeting and she said 'Accra'.. shocked Accra was quite the distance from my school and the roads where horrible. 6 hours plus.

Anyways, it was on.. I was already looking forward to meeting the finest girl I would have ever met who had the sweetest voice I have ever heard. A couple of months down, I was in Accra and I called her up and set up a meeting and she agreed.

D-Day arrived and I went to the designated bus stop just near a filling station and waited for the arrival of my Swan princess. As I stood there, I caught the sight of a beautiful girl walking in my direction, my heart froze and I stood transfixed on her hip as it swayed like a pendulum ball from side to side with every step she took in my direction. The closer she got, the faster my heartbeat. She was tall, dark skinned, slim body build, too slim for the arsse she was carrying on her slender waistline, pretty face, perky boo-bs and wore a fitted jean that made all her asset stand out. I was stunned and even started panicking as I doubted I wouldn't stutter in the presence of this Pochahuntas looking goddess.Then she picked her phone up and started making a call and my EKG spiked. when she started speaking and walked past me, my heart sank.. It was not her. angry I continued waiting. Several hot Babes kept walking past that at some point I might as well have been at a runway modeling show. A few minutes passed and nothing. Just then I saw another babe walking slowly and looking confused as though she was looking for someone.

Immediately, my Spidy-Sense started tingling fast. Jesus Christ of Kumasi, this babe was Ugly as fhuck. I immediately took cover and watched her movements from behind my hiding place. The girl stopped, head looking around, she picks her phone and dials a number, I felt my phone vibrate and the voice of James Blunt came out his speakers singing 'You're beautiful'.. grin FHUCK THAT!! I slapped the phone silent and contemplated my next move. I can't be caught with this Ogre in broad daylight, my reputation would be ruined. So after a few seconds, I answered and Lo! She was the one calling me, I could see her lips moving in sync with the voice in my ears. angry immediately I sap tarted retreating and told her I had to run off as one of my mates called with an emergency that please we should reschedule our meeting. She looked disappointed but said cool and I fixed a new meeting for later that evening. After she left, I came out my hiding place and ran for my life.. That line has never been used again since that day.

That's my story..

moral Lesson: Never judge a face by its voice. grin[/b]
Such a powerful sense of description! U re good man.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by DKJaleel: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
kennygee: Never been on one.
lol.. Me too.. Let's do one.. *winks -
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Creamish(f): 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1:

Thanks..

I think I will take up your advice. I actually feel like venting my Anger towards Seun, the Biggest Prick on Niairaland for changing my previously unique User I.D from its original form to this ridiculous alphanumeric bullshit that looks more like a Password than a Moniker angry.

Lolz...Its dat painful init?
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by MizMyColi(f): 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Follow followtongue
*singing in Sound Sultan's Voice* It is a MutUaL sontin cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Sike(m): 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Lmaoooo. So many funny experience that I can't stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
One of my blind dates....

9 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
DKJaleel: lol.. Me too.. Let's do one.. *winks -

Hehe hehe he
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Grendel(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
blind date is for ugly guys and girls

i'm too handsome for blind date

grin

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Well, mine happened here on Nairaland... we met some years back then she was still in Europe.. I saw just one of her posts that caught my attention and since then, we have been talking via email, she spoke on phone and the voice did the final injury... She got me totally and I fell magically... She came around to Nigeria, we met, had some things and left back for Europe... Now she is back to Nigeria finally and we should be getting married in less than three weeks.

But the day I finally saw her picture... My EXACT dream girl coming to me echoed for weeks... ...and she still holds to that beauty grin

That is my story.

33 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by ibitomisi: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
phayvoursky:

Who cares if you believe it.
Lol, Wo cares you quote him too.......
Lol!
I must sure pick up someone before the closing session.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by MadCow1: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
booqee: u av a very wonderful command of English. you must be a writer... yes?

No Miss, I dont write at all except for my regular posts. However, I do read a lot.

Thanks for the compliments, Iwill endevour to write more.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by DKJaleel: 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
kennygee:

Hehe hehe he
I'd take that for a yes...??
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by MadCow1: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
jennypinky:
Such a powerful sense of description! U re good man.

Mucho Gracias Senorina.
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by bokoslayer: 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
This happened when I was visiting one of the cities in the North West
Can I call this a blind date? Went for a sunday service at one of the Christ Embassy churches and this goddess walked past me, I did not see the face but I saw the aa.ss (it was neatly wrapped in white skirt). I tried so hard to catch a glimpse of her face but I couldn't cos that point was when first-timers (of which I was one) were called so I could not capture what she looked like.

I spoke to my friend that I followed to the church about my aa.ss-tounding encounter and fortunately they are friends. My friend would not give me this girl's number so I had to take her number off his phone without him knowing.

I searched for her on social media (facebook, twitter, instagram etc) but couldn't find her. Luckily I found her on linkedin but how am I supposed to start toasting a girl on a website that's meant for professional networking! That was a no-no.

I decided to text her from one of the coded sim cards I use to make international calls cos I wanted to go incognito.

I was damn too plain - told her I saw her back in church on the said sunday and that I was sure the prayers I said that day were not answered cos I started sinning in my mind right from the moment I saw her - I thought that was a bad line but actually it was a proper ice-breaker! It made us start the conversation on a dirty note! Oh boy, I knew right away this dawg got the cream smiley

We arranged a meet-up and we hooked up in her town on Halloween night. Mehn, the babe gorg! She be chale (Ghanian).

Went for a meal, then drinks and I begged her to come with me to a Halloween party I was meant to attend in a neighboring town.

It was a crazy party with lots of drinks. As the devil would have it, we had to book a hotel in the area around 2.30am.

To cut the long story short, this dawg tried his luck (as per naija boy now) and he got all the cream you can think of (Single cream, double cream, whipping cream smiley etc)

I couldn't believe my luck, I knew it was one-off though as she never gave me the opportunity to come close to her used sanitary pad not to talk of her panties again smiley

I spent another 6 months asking her out before she finally agreed to be my girlfriend. We are history now but I can never forget the experience, it was pure bliss grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Karleb(m): 2:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
angela98: I met this guy on naira land. Both of us were jobless at that time because we are both always on nairaland. We started by commenting on and quoting each others post. One thing led to the other we exchanged phone numbers and arranged to meet up at shoprite. On that day he got there before me, waiting at the car park. When I arrived I was expecting to meet a black average simple young man. Instead I met a very very handsome humble mix race guy.I was blown away. He was so into me. We settled at a restaurant, catch up on a lot of things, got to know more about each other, we had something to eat and drink etc....he saw me off to my car and we kissed and started dating from there until I found out he dates men as well. He is bisexual. That ain't cool with me I dumped him at once. Love disappeared. Now am single and waiting for the right man... wink smiley

Dumped? undecided
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
OBIORAA: My brother set it up for me. I don't know who the girl was but was convinced by my big bross that the girl is what I need at the moment. When I finally agree to meet the girl, he set up a meeting place for us, when I got there the only person I saw there that resembles a woman looks like one of those witch you see in nollywood films. The girl was toooooooo Black, with hairs allover are body including her nose her voice was soo bass that even Barry white blue with envy. The worst was her body odor. God it was a catastropheq odor. I call the number to see if she was the dream girl my bross arranged for me, na so the chick come answer with a bass voice HALLU WARRen ARE U .na so i take off my phone remove my sim whe I buy #10500 that time carry burry for ground so that she fit no get me again. Since then till now I still the get nightmares anytime I remember that day.

grin my stomach !!!
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by MadCow1: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

You cant even begin to imagine. I feel violated. angry

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
booqee: u av a very wonderful command of English. you must be a writer... yes?
my long lost love... howdy? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by MadCow1: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Creamish:

You cant even begin to imagine. I feel violated. >:9

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by MadCow1: 2:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
tuffgongjo: ogbeni where u enter all this while thought u have been swept away by d NL tsunami ni,when u go start your Story again?

Aburo mi, I dey o!

I login after the storm only to see say Na my re-naming Ceremony wey dem no invite me come na ehn make dem close nairaland. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by kaima1984(f): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
MadCow1: [b]As a Student in school, one Sunday whilst at church, my phone rang and when I answered, it was the sweetest and most angelic voice I have ever heard in my life. Barely 30 seconds into the conversation, I realized she had called the wrong number and I was a bit reluctant to tell her but I did and she apologized and hung up.

I couldn't help myself so I called her and complimented her voice and told her how melodic her voice was and all that sweet nothing we guys say, she was a good sport and laughed but didn't take Offence nor hang up. I told her I would call her from time to time just to hear her say hi and she didn't object. I got back to the hostel and told my homies about my encounter and one of them said he also had a similar experience and that he is currently holding steady chats with his own unknown caller on the phone. After several chats, I enquired about her location and the chances of us meeting and she said 'Accra'.. shocked Accra was quite the distance from my school and the roads where horrible. 6 hours plus.

Anyways, it was on.. I was already looking forward to meeting the finest girl I would have ever met who had the sweetest voice I have ever heard. A couple of months down, I was in Accra and I called her up and set up a meeting and she agreed.

D-Day arrived and I went to the designated bus stop just near a filling station and waited for the arrival of my Swan princess. As I stood there, I caught the sight of a beautiful girl walking in my direction, my heart froze and I stood transfixed on her hip as it swayed like a pendulum ball from side to side with every step she took in my direction. The closer she got, the faster my heartbeat. She was tall, dark skinned, slim body build, too slim for the arsse she was carrying on her slender waistline, pretty face, perky boo-bs and wore a fitted jean that made all her asset stand out. I was stunned and even started panicking as I doubted I wouldn't stutter in the presence of this Pochahuntas looking goddess.Then she picked her phone up and started making a call and my EKG spiked. when she started speaking and walked past me, my heart sank.. It was not her. angry I continued waiting. Several hot Babes kept walking past that at some point I might as well have been at a runway modeling show. A few minutes passed and nothing. Just then I saw another babe walking slowly and looking confused as though she was looking for someone.

Immediately, my Spidy-Sense started tingling fast. Jesus Christ of Kumasi, this babe was Ugly as fhuck. I immediately took cover and watched her movements from behind my hiding place. The girl stopped, head looking around, she picks her phone and dials a number, I felt my phone vibrate and the voice of James Blunt came out his speakers singing 'You're beautiful'.. grin FHUCK THAT!! I slapped the phone silent and contemplated my next move. I can't be caught with this Ogre in broad daylight, my reputation would be ruined. So after a few seconds, I answered and Lo! She was the one calling me, I could see her lips moving in sync with the voice in my ears. angry immediately I sap tarted retreating and told her I had to run off as one of my mates called with an emergency that please we should reschedule our meeting. She looked disappointed but said cool and I fixed a new meeting for later that evening. After she left, I came out my hiding place and ran for my life.. That line has never been used again since that day.

That's my story..

moral Lesson: Never judge a face by its voice. grin[/b]
U see an ugly face lik me dey run,no wahala,in our next world,we wil b queens
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by MadCow1: 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ishilove:
If your story is true then it was downright mean of you. The least you could have done was meet her, then thereafter stylishly withdraw. You have no idea how hurt she must have felt then. It was mean, immature and insensitive. Funny thing is you might have liked her. If your blind date doesn't match your ideals, try to look beyond their physical and focus on what attracted you to them in the first place.

Blind dates are often 50-50. Odikwa very risky cheesy

I trust you have grown up and someone has made a honest man out of you. grin grin tongue

Na wah to you o!

Anyways, no be lie you talk. I was still young and naive then. I would act differently if faced with the same situation again.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by secretcerish: 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
mine was rather embarrassing;

my elder bro was doing his masters abroad and then i was finishing sch here, we talk on skype and normally if he has another call he will either tell me to cut and he will call back but one day like that his old friend that was doing his masters in uk called and my brother did not cut, instead he just introduced me and started yabbing the guy.
after the whole catching up and all, the guy added me on fb and we became friends and strarted chatting regularly.

i finished my exams and was in lagos when he came for some job interview(he has finished his masters but sayed back in uk) and we had exchanged numbers long ago and talked once in a while.

we planned to meet and that day i also planned to meet with a friend staying in my area so the babe and i were picked by my friend and his cousin, due to traffic, we couldnt get to the hang out early enough and my friend decided to leave soon after we got there, leaving me with the guy and his cousin

the cousin was more like his driver and kept out of it, first when we got down from the car, i realised the guy walked with a serious limp and he talked very loud.

after we finally got settled and ordered he started talking in this really loud voice like he was talking to the whole people instead of to me. he kept screaming; 'i tavelled nine hours from scotland to london for the wedding, alll those Nigerian girls in london will just see a young guy in london and start chasing him'

he kept screaming london like he wanted everyone to know he came from london and then started abusing his relations saying that they stole his expensive watch that he brought from london and that he has sworn never to bring anything from london for anybody.

he just kept drawing attention to our table that i was soooo embarrassed, eventually my sister called to ask what time i was coming home and i quickly told him that that was my mum and that it was time for me to go home. the fish i ordered hadnt come and i didnt even wait for them to drop me, i just ran and told him to enjoy himself. i ignored his call till he travelled back and i avoided him from then on

16 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by unapologetic: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
I actually re-joined Nairaland because of this thread. Have also got a few stories to share but I will start with the one that happened when I was still a Uni student.

I was on phone with a friend(female) of mine when she told me about her friend that came to visit her, as a sharp guy that I was, I told her to put her on the phone and then we started talking. I must confess that she's got an amazing voice. As a bad sharp nigga, I told her to roger me her number and then we continued exchanging text and phone calls.... it was during this period that I found out she works for Access bank and I said to myself "wow" cos i had an impression that most bankers are beautiful.

A few weeks had passed and it was time for me to go back to school, so I told her that I will stop by her place (in ibadan) on my way to school and will be spending 2 weeks with her before I travel to school.

When I was leaving Lagos, all I could think of was the romantic 2 weeks of a very hot sex that I will be having with my hot access bank babe... I couldn't but kept thinking about this all through my journey.

And finally I arrived in Ibadan, called my chick and she told me that she will be meeting me at Mr Biggs. I sat down and was waiting for her to arrive before I could place an order. I kept seeing beautiful girls and I said to myself that my chick will be hotter than all this girls. Little did I know that I was in for the biggest mistake and greatest surprise of my life.

The moment I saw her walking into the restaurant Oh My God, I felt like dying... this chick is not only fugly but her body structure is not even acceptable.

I told her that I was waiting for her to arrive before I leave and I didn't want to break the bad news to her on phone which was why I waited for her. I lied to her that I had an emergency in school that same day.

I broke my sim card after leaving ibadan

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by frank043(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ceasar1:
Also following.. cool
# Seats besides Her and offers her groundnut .
Sharply sits by her other side and offers her chocolate...Let's see who gets her!#not smiling#
Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
DKJaleel: I'd take that for a yes...??

No.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by proudly233: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
Just read through all the comments on here .....

12 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Share Your Blind Dates Experience Here by Ishilove: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
phayvoursky:

Who cares if you believe it.
What is your own with my post? Abeg park well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

10 Signs That Shows Your Girlfriend Won't Marry You / I Think My Girlfriend Is Fetish / Unofficial Valentine NL Match-up Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.