Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. (41746 Views)

Obasanjo’s Bells University Graduates 21 Students With 1st Class Degrees / OAU Students With Their Own Oro For The Late Ooni (Photo) / What Then Is The Hope For Students With The SAEB Results In Nija? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by LadyH(f): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2014
This is the best news I've read since nairaland came back. grin

Shame on those teachers who were supposed to have imparted quality knowledge on these students for 3 years and shame on the students who refused to study cos their teachers had instead given them "Quality Assurance" that they'll be helped in the hall. Tua!

Tomorrow they'll be wondering why JAMB result is bad, and won't let Dibu's name rest. Ndi ara!

5 Likes

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Omogbhollahorn(m): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2014
Prowizy2: Very gooooood! grin
extra good self grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by stevolinkon40: 9:03am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by duchez(m): 9:19am On Jul 08, 2014
This is a very welcome development. Our educational standard has gotten so poor to the point that examinations answers are provided on facebook hours to the commencement of the exam. Come see as students dey cry. Nice one NECO!

1 Like

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Bellasharonne(f): 9:25am On Jul 08, 2014
mencade5: u have pm.
ok o
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by EI(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2014
Ericardo7: Many students currently writing the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) of the National Examinations Commission (NECO) had to chew the cover of their pens today as the examination body surprised them with upgraded means of conducting the exams. One of the rescheduled subjects-Mathematics-was written today and those who wrote said they did not understand how the exam was conducted.
One of such means was the use of Paper Type. This medium which must have been adopted from that of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board(JAMB) was the one that hit students, especially the ones that wrote in "Miracle Centres" the hardest.
A student of High Standard Comprehensive High School, In Delta State complained bitterly to me after their exams. "Na God go punish NECO.", he cried. "When they brought the question papers, our maths teacher just collect one question paper go dey solve am for us inside him office. After like thirty minutes, the guy come inside hall. he dictate objective, all of us shade. Later dem come copy theory for board, all of us copy am take. Na about ten minutes make exam finish Na we come dey hear say one thing Na paper type. before we know d invigilator collect everything from us. The Paper Type wey d mumu Uncle write Na C and me I be type A".
Many students were found complaining, crying and some even rolling on the floor.
Most of the ones crying were heard making d statement "NECO, Diaris God ooooooo".

Reading through this makes one feel so sad, and sick. Yes it is clear cheating during exam is now a cultural thing amongst our Nigerian community (something we now export to other countries), but it still comes as a rude shock everytime one reads the details of such activities. It is hard imagining how teachers (and school administrators) actively collude and encourages these gross acts - all for filthy lucre sake!

We need help in this country and until we grow past these basic level baselines in our collective psyches, Nigeria simply won't move forward, no matter how much resources we have. . .!!!

2 Likes

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by kechywillz(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2014
Thank God oo,it will encourage our young boys n girls to read their books. But we so lucky we didnt come across dis in our time

1 Like

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by joanana(f): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2014
NECO THUMPS UP!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by akinlex(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2014
IdiAmin1: I guess all these "I wrote well", "it didn't stop my runz" mean that high school kids are on this forum. Now I know where "pishure or I don believe it" is coming from. NECO, please more of this to reduce laziness among these teens who know nothing else but s€x undecided
how does this affect this topic OVSB
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by yenex1(f): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2014
Unclerukus: headace don hold am cheesy cheesy cheesy
na fever catch am...lol
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by yenex1(f): 10:22am On Jul 08, 2014
EMEzzy: hmm so your lil bro is...
my dear complete it o.this guy no dy read.
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Thebrightest(m): 10:46am On Jul 08, 2014
STENON: Wow!!!......I love that ooooo..........
because u no dey right neco abi??
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by obinoral1179(m): 10:47am On Jul 08, 2014
DORO NECO.

1 Like

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by badesco(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2014
It is a good development and a warning to lazy students that can not read their books but depend of expo. Other exam bodies should follow, so exam malpractices would be a thing of the past in Nigeria. Thumbs up for NECO....

1 Like

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by abadebaba: 11:28am On Jul 08, 2014
Na so neco dey waste govt money;diaris god o!
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by EMEzzy(m): 11:34am On Jul 08, 2014
yenex1: my dear complete it o.this guy no dy read.
...is an ol...
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by shevy45(m): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2014
MICRO-SPEEDS TECHNOLOGY & POWER SOLUTION

We sell, Repair, Maintain, Upgrade & Install Inverters, Solar Panel, Car Tracker Device, CCTV Camera, Laptops, Projector, Desktop, Telecommunication Mask, Alarm Security System Such As Smoke & movement Detector, Access Control, Water Hydrant, Tank mate Control For Fuel & Diesel, Tanker Remote Control & Industrial Generator.
Other Services Are As Follows: Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Conduit & Surface Wiring), Fabrication Metal Work, Software & Hardware Engineering, PABS Installation [Data/Voice Connectivity], GSM Shelter Fabrication & Installation, Vsat Installation Engineering [Wired & Wireless Network Solution], Internet Marketing, Mobile Networking [Bulk SMS Services] & Website Designing/Hosting.

Enjoy uninterrupted power supply without a
Generator
No Noise, No Pollution,, No Generator...Think only on Inverter, Powered by innovation.
Trouble free and user friendly -The world loved it!
.Inverter are technically much more advanced as compared to generators which are noisy, polluting and need starting that usually requires pulling chords a feat not suited to ladies and children. Besides, they are often dangerous to our health and can lead to fire and accidents. Storage of fuel too is a major fire hazard. Inverter automatically takes over in case of power failure and switches off when power supply is restored; one does not even realize that there is a power failure.
It is for these very reasons that Inverters are preferred over Generators throughout the world.. All you have to do is fix and forget, the inverter does the rest.

ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
• Eco friendly since no noise pollution and no air pollution
• Lesser cost of ownership and also economical to run
• User friendly, automatically changes over from mains to inverter on power failure & vice-versa when power gets restored.
• Low maintenance effort/cost.
• Very safe and clean as no fuel handling/storage required.
• Ease installation, can be installed in smaller space and as per convenience.
• Good power quality and hence it is very safe for sophisticated household appliances.
• Better technical support
• Best warranty cover
• 24/7 after sales services
• Best service centre
ENSURES
• Full safety of highly sophisticated equipment
• 100% pure, reliable and regulated power
• Low running cost
• Extended power back up time
• Easy maintenance
• No humming noise from any load.
• Great power saving
APPLICATIONS
• Electrical Backup system
• Data/Call centers
• Telecommunication
• POS systems/air-conditioners
• Critical Work Stations
• Security systems/air-conditioner
• Medical/Laboratory Equipments
• Office/Home Applications
• Solar powered street/security Light

Description and Company Instruction and Services

Micro-speed Technology & Power Solution (MTPS) has been engage in supply and installation of telecommunication for radio, broadcasting and the television industries.
The wealth of experience acquired in these field of installation engineering, enable the (MTPS) to venture into installation of telecommunication infrastructure for Global System of Mobile communication (GSM) operators….
(MTPS) has constructed so many radio sites and inverter installation to internationally accepted quality standard. Micro-speed technology &power solution engineer are trained by ABB power line limited, and the Swedish telecommunication giant, ERICSON.
We are also trained technicians for cooperate organization and individual who requires the following services:

* BTS/RBS Installation and Integration
* Climbing and Rope Access
* Electrical Generator Installation/Commissioning
* Inverter Installation/Repairs
* GSM Shelter Fabrication and Installation
* Integration of Alarm Security System, Such As [CCTV, Smoke, Movement, and Sensor Detector]
* Computer Hardware &Software Engineering.
*PABS Installation (Data /Voice Connectivity)
* Network Infrastructure Solution
* VSAT Installation Engineering [Wired & Wireless Solution]
* Sales of Heavy Duty Batteries, Lead Acid Type 120AH, 150AH, 200AH, 12Volt.
Our experience has thought us the importance of establishing a practical functional quality system, which cover all stages from tendering through actual Execution of Contract to final Delivery Commissioning
MTPS has its registration office at No 51/52 Ijaiye Road, Ogba, Lagos.[Nosah Hall the Plaza Beside UBA Bank]

Contact Details: 08104036736.

Email:emurode2005@gmail.com
BBPin:21D1C3A6

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by cecegorz(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
slimthugchimee: It never stoped my runz..
Them send me all the paper type runz i just wright my paper type . Even the guy beside me just write my paper type
What a wasted generation!
You mean you are proud that you can't write common WAEC exams by yourself? After wasting 6 years in the secondary school!

Somebody tell me this is a joke. What are we breeding in this country

2 Likes

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by TheRealAdonye(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
Seriously? Why did you bring Tribe into this issue? Y'all make me sick.. *Spits*

GPA5: KUDOS TO DIBU OJERINDE ( YORUBA) FOR THE INITIATIVE OF PAPER TYPE.

CAN EVERY IBO SEES THAT WAEC, NECO , JAMB CAN'T BE USE TO GAUGE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE?

#ANAMBRA TOPPING WAEC.... IS JUST A BULLSHIT

1 Like

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by TheRealAdonye(m): 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Your English is Horrible.. Your tenses are messed up, etc..

You should enroll for Night Classes. I'm hoping you even passed your Common Entrance.

GPA5:

EACH AND EVERY IS USE WITH SINGULAR COUNTABLE NOUN + SINGULAR VERB

CAN EVERY IBO SEES THAT WAEC CAN'T BE USE TO GAUGE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE?

GPA5:
IT'S A MISTAKE. YOU SUPPOSE TO USE YOUR BRAIN

CAN EVERY IBO SEES THAT........
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Missmossy(f): 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hmmm nice initiative,in the long run those who know nothing will keep failing anyway.

2 Likes

Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by daveP(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Inspiration gotten! Neco trying to regain its relevance in the educational setting! Hmm
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Innozouri(m): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
What a surprising improvement from NECO. That was also how UNN surprisingly improved the scrutiny of her would-be undergraduates by introducing POST-UME in 2005, which indubitably paved way for the nation's students taking their studies very seriously; especially when it pertains to their gaining admissions into the university. Hence other tertiary institutions followed suit. Kudos to NECO!
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Munalove(m): 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
No wonder!my neighbour who always come to my house, to gist me on how simple the exam is, didnt come again.am so going to his house this time to know how it was.
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Minga37: 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
Just passing
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
am laffing out loud.............thats d state of d nation oh...Nigeria i pity thy future
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by JOACHINpedro: 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Una wey dey discourage exam malpractice na stock hypocrite... I was requesting for next SSCE syllabi, but non of you offered any help... Is this how you guys form to be good...it is not fair o....please help a fellow here. (¤_¤)
Re: NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. by delpee(f): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nice one! Maybe our lazy young ones will learn to read now. Its so embarrassing meeting
graduates who can't write basic english. I keep wondering how they got into the university in the first place. Now i know!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exams At St Camillus School Of Midwifery, Uromi, Edo (Photo) / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions / Exams In Nigeria (Hilarious Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.