Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change (1727 Views)

Free Oil, Free Oil Filter,free Oil Change, Free Vehicle Scan / Benz. Please Help. 3 Mechanis, 3 Fuel Pump And Filter Change Yet No Change. / Best Method To kw Oil And Oil Filter change is due (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by halimautoworks: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
Servicing of vehicles should go beyond replacing of oil filter and changing of engine oil, it should also include the following:
• Checking of all fluid levels, condition of the fluids and leaks. Topping of fluids with manufacturer’s recommended fluids if lower than normal level
• Tyre rotation
• Cleaning of spark plugs
• Checking the condition of fuel and air filters, cleaning of filters
• Checking the condition of the brake and gear oil and leaks. Topping of oil with manufacturer’s recommended oil if lower than normal level
• Inspection of the front and rear brakes, brake hoses and lines including the ABS
• Inspecting windshield washer reservoir and topping if necessary
• Inspecting the wipers
• Inspecting all lights
• Checking the coolant and topping if necessary
• Inspecting the exhaust system
• Inspecting the suspension system
• Inspecting the wheel bearing
• Inspecting the gear box and engine mounts
• Inspecting the Air Conditioner
• Cleaning of the exterior and interior of the vehicle
• Inspecting the underbody

3 Likes

Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by baconline(m): 7:55am On Jul 09, 2014
That's like a C check in airplanes,really good
Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by Dieumerci(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
Great!
Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by vitality22(m): 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Kashif:

Do you undertake the above services?
I will like to know also, pls answer ooo
Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by halimautoworks: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yes we do. You can email us at halimautoworks2013@gmail.com for further information.
Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by murtalaa(m): 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
halimautoworks: Yes we do. You can email us at halimautoworks2013@gmail.com for further information.
are in Abuja or lagos
Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by olumidazz: 3:58am On Jul 17, 2014
nice one but my prob with all these checks is that our trial and error mechanics will compound the problem. I have tried to limit their fidget with my car to oil and filter change only not even plugs, and this has paid off for past 5 years. My over zealous colleagues who look to check for problems which their cars have not presented on the face of it had had to contend with one further issue or the other afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by Dieumerci(m): 7:33am On Jul 17, 2014
On point!
olumidazz: nice one but my prob with all these checks is that our trial and error mechanics will compound the problem. I have tried to limit their fidget with my car to oil and filter change only not even plugs, and this has paid off for past 5 years. My over zealous colleagues who look to check for problems which their cars have not presented on the face of it had had to contend with one further issue or the other afterwards.
Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by oluks05: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2014
olumidazz: nice one but my prob with all these checks is that our trial and error mechanics will compound the problem. I have tried to limit their fidget with my car to oil and filter change only not even plugs, and this has paid off for past 5 years. My over zealous colleagues who look to check for problems which their cars have not presented on the face of it had had to contend with one further issue or the other afterwards.

Very true!
Re: Vehicle Service Goes Beyond Engine Oil And Filter Change by halimautoworks: 11:28am On Jul 22, 2014
You can not restrict your car maintenance routine to only oil change and filter. You can check your owner's manual and if you don't have one, visit your car manufacturer's site for comprehensive car maintenance routine. Some checks need to be carried out depending on the mileage of your car.

(1) (Reply)

Auto Challenge: Can You Fill In The Blank Spaces? / Toyota Camry 1999 / Pixs Of Unique Odometer Readings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.