Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood (3112 Views)

What I Learnt From Coca Cola "Share With Me" Names / 9 Disgusting things we all secretly do / Things We Learn From Hollywood And Bollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 6:52am On Sep 16, 2005
1. During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a strip joint at least once.

2. All beds have special L-shaped top sheets which reach up to armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

3. It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

4. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

5. Large loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the price range of most people - whether they are employed or not.

6. Even when driving down a perfectly straight road it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right continuously.

7. At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.

8. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.

9. If you decide to start dancing in the street everyone you bump into will know all the steps.

10. Should you decide to defuse a bomb don't worry which wire to cut. You will always choose the right one.

11. Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communications system of any invading alien society.

12. Extremely beautiful and intelligent women are likely to become prostitutes or welders.

13. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

14. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.

15. Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned to a partner who is their total opposite.

16. When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.

17. Radiation causes interesting mutations - not to your future children but to you, right there and then.

18. If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.

19. Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.

20. Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their archenemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers and man eating sharks which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by micklplus(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2006
very true
cheers cheesy
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2006
since september 15, this is the first reply. GOD DEYY OO,

mickiplus, glad u liked it. lol cheesy
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by micklplus(m): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2006
I actually stumbled on it ! U know some posts comes in at a time when the traffic is high and as such, the post gets relegated to the next page but, it doesnt mean ur posts are not appreciated !
Cheers cheesy cheesy
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i found it extremely hilarious, n readn it again i still do. i actually dnt remember makin this topic, i just was wondering how it had one reply, even tho i tot it was funny, guess not everyone has my kind of sense of humor. yet another reason y im unique. cheesy cheesy
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by micklplus(m): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2006
From now on, you are now Hot-Angel Unique  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and a good sense of humor at that !
Cheers  cheesy
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 10:47am On Apr 13, 2006
Thanks hun,
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by loma(m): 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2006
I second the motion that its funny!
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2006
loma, long time no see! wat's up,
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Consultant(f): 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2006
It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

So true! smiley
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 2:31am On Apr 14, 2006
cheesy cheesy lol
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Zahymaka(m): 3:01am On Apr 14, 2006
Very hilarious.

It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

Not necessarily. In most Jackie Chan films he gets attacked from everywhere and he takes hits -- but Jackie is nnot Hollywood. [b]Hot-angel [/b]what say you we start one on chinese films -- flying, having to move your hands in several complicated movements before fighting or giving one punch etc etc.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 3:08am On Apr 14, 2006
Sure we can start! lol, hmmm, lets see, wat's the title of the movie?

get on yim.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by IBBFan(m): 3:17am On Apr 14, 2006
lol!!crazy girl. nice one there, hottie!!
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Zahymaka(m): 3:19am On Apr 14, 2006
I'm on YIM.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 3:21am On Apr 14, 2006
IBB:

lol!!crazy girl. nice one there, hottie!!
Thanks hun.

Zah, uhmm, no u aint.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Zahymaka(m): 3:24am On Apr 14, 2006
Then try talking to me. It's you who's invisible.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by hotangel2(f): 3:25am On Apr 14, 2006
Hmm, u send me an Im.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by diyobdw(f): 8:32am On Apr 18, 2006
just saw dis, intrestin grin grin grin
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Bishop4u(m): 11:01am On Apr 18, 2006
14. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.

hahaha, the above is the most common in Nigerian Movies! lol
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by diddy4(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2006
everything said here is true. damn hollywood.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Zahymaka(m): 4:05am On Apr 24, 2006
The villain is almost always a smiling idiot who jokes with the hero when he's captured
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by diyobdw(f): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2006
@ Zahymaka
Abi o! dat true
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by dafman(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2006
really funny, enemies will wait till you've finished off their predecessors. grin grin
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Z4M4eva(f): 9:08am On Apr 26, 2006
Kool Stuff
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Sophizzy(f): 1:44am On Aug 07, 2011
hot-angel:

1. During all police investigations it will be necessary to visit a strip joint at least once.

2. All beds have special L-shaped top sheets which reach up to armpit level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.

3. It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.

4. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

6. Even when driving down a perfectly straight road it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right continuously.

7. At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.

10. Should you decide to defuse a bomb don't worry which wire to cut. You will always choose the right one.

11. Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communications system of any invading alien society.

13. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.

15. Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned to a partner who is their total opposite.

19. Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.

20. Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their archenemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers and man eating sharks which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.

So true! cheesy
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by ARareGem(f): 11:21am On Aug 07, 2011
Funny.
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by agentzakky(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
9ice one
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by newid: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2011
wait, this thread is almost 6 years old shocked
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by Sophizzy(f): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
^I'm glad u noticed.  grin
Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by decode55(m): 12:05am On Jul 01, 2015
grin nice thread. Anyone notice how sincere and kind the replies are/were.
Unlike now, insults everywhere undecided

1 Like

Re: 20 Things We Have Learnt From Hollywood by flames007(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
lmao,this antique suvived till 2015!

(1) (Reply)

Check The Most Annoying Website In The World! / The Funniest Joke Mehn Am Still Laughing My God....!!! / Funny Pix - Barcelona Fans After Their Pair With Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.