Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria (26726 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Networks In Nigeria (Reloaded) / How To Check BIS Balance For All Networks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 1:13am On Jul 09, 2014
Mcbussy:

hahahaha...dat 1 nah speed?...I get 2.1mb/s in Lagos on etisalat.I have downloaded 2gb in 15mins before cheesy

Your own better o, mine own na 100kb/s and less. If the thing pass 100 na 200 way go last 2secs then back to normal
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 11:15am On Jul 09, 2014
Whizpeter: With Airtel 3G, I download a 5mb file in 45mins.. That's real speed... What do I need 4G for? grin

hahahaha...that's faster than a speeding bullet grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2014
ibietela2:

Na 0.01kb/s for here on Etisalat sef

then upgrade from ur crappy Nokia 2626 grin

obviously ur phone must be crap...ask anybody,etisalat 3.5G is d fastest among all GSM operators. I've been using mtn for more than 8yrs,d best I've had on d network since d era of 3.5G phones is about 600kb/s. while I blaze constant 1.4mb/s on eti and even up to 2.2mb/s at some hours or locations.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by biz2get(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2014
Mcbussy:

hahahaha...dat 1 nah speed?...I get 2.1mb/s in Lagos on etisalat.I have downloaded 2gb in 15mins before cheesy

Na so!! wink
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by biz2get(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2014
nani667:

I use Airtel to browse... The 3G is super fast.... It depends on your location... You dey Jungle no mean say Airtel slow

Kindly explain "fast" from yuu own view!!!

I could remember back then of java phones... When we down files of just 300kb and we be like "damn this is fast"

Now everytin seems even slower.... And time moves faster....
Not until i get staedy 5mb /s i cant "fast" but manageable...

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by biz2get(m): 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
Whizpeter: With Airtel 3G, I download a 5mb file in 45mins.. That's real speed... What do I need 4G for? grin

Omg!!! This is what am talkin abt.... How can yuu call this fast?? Real speed??
30mins is enough for 2gb of file...
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Whizpeter(m): 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mcbussy:

hahahaha...that's faster than a speeding bullet grin

LMAO
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Whizpeter(m): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
biz2get:

Omg!!! This is what am talkin abt.... How can yuu call this fast?? Real speed??
30mins is enough for 2gb of file...

Guy na sarcasm joor... Dat network na crap

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mcbussy:

then upgrade from ur crappy Nokia 2626 grin

obviously ur phone must be crap...ask anybody,etisalat 3.5G is d fastest among all GSM operators. I've been using mtn for more than 8yrs,d best I've had on d network since d era of 3.5G phones is about 600kb/s. while I blaze constant 1.4mb/s on eti and even up to 2.2mb/s at some hours or locations.

WTF?? so you mean Etisalat HSPA modem is Nokia 2626? Like seriously?

Stop showing your stupidity everywhere you go.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2014
ibietela2:

WTF?? so you mean Etisalat HSPA modem is Nokia 2626? Like seriously?

Stop showing your stupidity everywhere you go.

u are d stupid clown here....if ur etisalat modem is downloading at 0.02kb/s on 3G,then d manufacturer of that modem must be as stewpeed as u,d consumer. wink

or maybe ur in a jungle...Tarzan grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mcbussy:

u are d stupid clown here....if ur etisalat modem is downloading at 0.02kb/s on 3G,then d manufacturer of that modem must be as stewpeed as u,d consumer. wink

Seems like you are a paid agent and the stupid company is what you are using
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mcbussy:

Mumu i am in PH. now feed your stupidity

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by wildchild1: 12:41am On Jul 10, 2014
Rockin my Swift 4G LTE 5mb/s Location: Alausa Secretariat grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Damey2011(m): 12:45am On Jul 10, 2014
I cannot forget the time bbm first came to android. I wanted to download bbm of 12mb... was using airtel bis den. I used more than an hour... that's the last time I remember using the v useless airtel to download grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

bros..... i no believe u......i have a CIR of 3Mbps and i dont get that much data in such a short time..... nairalanders easy oooooo
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by kiddie(m): 12:50am On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

hope this wld convice yah that speed small sef cos i was using a vpn so my speed is limited etibaba is the bomb and its hspa not 4g

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 10, 2014
nani667:

I use Airtel to browse... The 3G is super fast.... It depends on your location... You dey Jungle no mean say Airtel slow
define SUPER FAST ??
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 10, 2014
Godwinsilas: The following operators are licensed to run 4G LTE networks in Nigeria:

Smile 4G.
LTE-800. Operational in Lagos, Ibadan. Offers download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.

Spectranet.
LTE-2300. Operational in Lagos, Abuja. Offers download speeds of up to 2 Mbps.

Swift.
Operational in Lagos. Swift’s 4G was originally based on DirectOnPC’s WiMAX network which they purchased, but Swift now claims to have embraced LTE. I have been unable to find any info on their LTE technology or frequency and though.

Globacom.
LTE-2100. Inactive

CAPCOM.
LTE-1900. Inactive

A few LTE facts
While LTE offers theoretical maximum speeds of up to 150 Mbps, the global average that users experience is less than 10 Mbps.

The ten largest US cities all get less than 10Mbps in average download speeds. One report puts the average download speeds of the following US LTE networks as follows: T-Mobile: 11.2 Mbps, AT&T: 8.9 Mbps and Verizon: 7.6 Mbps. So, if your LTE network delivers an average of 5 to 7 Mbps, you are doing good actually. With those speeds, streaming media and
downloading all but the heaviest files is a breeze.

Run Your 4G LTE Speed Tests If you are using any of the above 4G LTE networks, you can run a speed test and post your results in the comments section below. Actually, the more tests you run, the better. Have fun, and thanks for contributing.

Source: http://leapfame.com/content/thread/81

Here is the problem i have with theoretical bandwidth, some of my nigerian people will run out and pay so much for bandwidth they dont need.... no single end device needs 21Mbps, it is just waste because of something called flow control. the receiving computer can not handle that much data in such a short time, this will lead to packet dropping.... even if you are running voip, for QOS to be good, u shouldnt need more than 4Mbps dedicated, so enough of them throwing 21 Mbps at us, let them maintain a constant CIR of 3Mbps and we all can stream live football with no qualms

5 Likes

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Boss13: 1:16am On Jul 10, 2014
For someone who has tried all networks I can confidently say Smile is the best of them all. I currently have spectranet and smile. Smile on Mifi and spectranet on modern at home. Spectranet is cheap, 30g for N8,000. However, their speed is up to 2mbps. Smile is expensive, 10g for N9,000 but the average speed is 11mbps. I am currently in Abuja, but reside permanently in Lagos, else I would have shown both speed test. Swift is a noise maker and I stopped patronizing them.

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by olumuyiolaoluwa: 1:28am On Jul 10, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Wetin u mean by keg? undecided
meanin u r daft, ...just help u
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 1:34am On Jul 10, 2014
olumuyiolaoluwa: meanin u r daft, ...just help u

It's "helped" you dumb ret.arded Fool. You just came here to disgrace yourself. Mumu.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by manman6: 1:46am On Jul 10, 2014
grin grin grin grin ;DJust like da righter say. Nigeria government is. Talk talk talk but no action. D 3G way dam say da never work, now na 4G dam come talk say dam don carry come. ;DJust like da righter say. Nigeria government is. Talk talk talk but no action. D 3G way dam say da never work, now na 4G dam come talk say dam don carry come.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by scribble: 2:09am On Jul 10, 2014
Coldplay007: Spectranet na wash.. do not buy Spectranet if you like yourself, there services is bad and customer service is horrible...
They will do anything for you to buy there modem but after that, they don't give a d@mn...

Bullcrap.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 2:33am On Jul 10, 2014
ARES:

bros..... i no believe u......i have a CIR of 3Mbps and i dont get that much data in such a short time..... nairalanders easy oooooo

dude do u believe eti reaches 2mb/s on 3.5G....its simple maths.calculate the possible volume u can download in 15mins @ d rate of 2mb/s.

even at 1.5mb/s...u'll download 90mb in 60 seconds. 90mb x 15mins = 1.35gb.

I am telling you,I get speeds of up to 2.5mb/s at nights in my area.but at other times,its stable between 1.6mb/s and 2mb/s...funny enuf,all dis is on my android phone and not even a modem.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by crisycent: 2:39am On Jul 10, 2014
It's a shame. When I dey watch live tv on top my iPad for uk.
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 2:42am On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

i am a mumu in PH.

yeah,I know grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Mcbussy(m): 2:42am On Jul 10, 2014
ibietela2:

ur just a stupid fellow...continue with ur self contradictory paradox....ur too senseless for me to be wasting my time on u.

you are in PH and etisalat 3G downloads at 0.02kb/s...i bet useless airtel would do better than dat in my village. seems u don't even know d meaning of what ur saying.keep fooling ur family name "Ibietela" grin
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

dude do u believe eti reaches 2mb/s on 3.5G....its simple maths.calculate the possible volume u can download in 15mins @ d rate of 2mb/s.

even at 1.5mb/s...u'll download 90mb in 60 seconds. 90mb x 15mins = 1.35gb.

I am telling you,I get speeds of up to 2.5mb/s at nights in my area.but at other times,its stable between 1.6mb/s and 2mb/s...funny enuf,all dis is on my android phone and not even a modem.

ok sir.... your math is accurate but this is where i have a little issue with it. when u are on line, i want you to open ur command line and type netstat.... what you will see is all the sites and online resources that your system is consuming, which means all your etisalat bandwidth are not being used for your download.
one more thing to note is this, there is a chat between your machine and the isp backend, this is equally part of the 2mbps that u get. So if we look at the math, it all looks correct, but in reality, there might be a little challenge to the theory......
come to think of it, how long does Etisalat maintain this 2mbps in an hr's browsing.... that is something else you should consider.......
i didnt meant to argue you but i just wanted to state my little network observance. thanks

1 Like

Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 10, 2014
Godwinsilas: Well i dont know about you guys
my downloading speed with Airtel 3G is upto 150kb/s i have downloaded file upto 22MB in less than a minute with Airtel 3G in Auchi.

Dafuq? I can't remember the last time I used such slow Internet!!!

At work I download at 750kpbs at home on my swift I used to get 950kpbs but recently swift is horrible all I get is 350 - 500kpbs
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 10, 2014
Boss13: For someone who has tried all networks I can confidently say Smile is the best of them all. I currently have spectranet and smile. Smile on Mifi and spectranet on modern at home. Spectranet is cheap, 30g for N8,000. However, their speed is up to 2mbps. Smile is expensive, 10g for N9,000 but the average speed is 11mbps. I am currently in Abuja, but reside permanently in Lagos, else I would have shown both speed test. Swift is a noise maker and I stopped patronizing them.

You bro I have heard same from everyone that smile is really fast!!!

Honestly is it that good?
Re: Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria by jmaine: 4:43am On Jul 10, 2014
lestat:

You bro I have heard same from everyone that smile is really fast!!!

Honestly is it that good?

Yes it is, but freaking on the high side . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel Free Mb HOT / Differentiating Original Blackberry Phone From China Ones! / Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.