Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! - Literature (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! (105751 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Who Do You Guys Think Is The Best Writer Here on Nairaland / Business Proposal/ Speech Writer/ Idea Consultant/ Magazine Proposal Writer Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Ollyfad(f): 2:51pm On May 10, 2015
writer of the month....i vote LARRYSUN
upcoming writer of d month......i av nt read any of dia works so lemme go n read first.

******modified*******
upcoming writer of d month....oyinprince.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 10, 2015
akugbemike:
Upcoming writer for the month of May,
I choose OYINPRINCE
Best Writer for the month of May,
I choose LARRYSUN
Seconded.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 4:59pm On May 10, 2015
adeh39:

Seconded.
Am sure you are not voting with this.... Your Vote doesn't count this way.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 10, 2015
D9ty7:

Am sure you are not voting with this.... Your Vote doesn't count this way.

Oh! I choose OYINPRINCE as the new upcoming writer

LARRYSUN as the best writer of the month.

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by nellyme(f): 6:26pm On May 10, 2015
Best writer of the month I vote Larrysun

Upcoming writer oyinprince

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by nellyme(f): 6:26pm On May 10, 2015
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jezuzboi(m): 8:59am On May 13, 2015
BEST NEW COMER
Oyinprince

BEST WRITERS
Larrysun
ThR0NeKiD
Fembleez1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 10:27am On May 20, 2015
Are we already tired? we've got a week more to go.

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by sanandreas(m): 9:06pm On May 21, 2015
Ciela have my vote
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 9:22am On May 22, 2015
On the 29th May, that is next week Friday, the award for this month ends.

my votes,
best new comer
oyinprince

writer of the month
Diamondwriter
Thronekid

And maybe after this month, we would be taking a break and re-strategise on the awards
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 22, 2015
sanandreas:
Ciela have my vote
Your vote is invalid cos you ain't doing it properly
You must vote in the two category
Like this
Best upcoming--****
Writer of the month--****

Note--> I don't normally do this, but ciela deserves more than this
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 4:33pm On May 22, 2015
This is the fifth voting exercise I am participating in today; the second on Nairaland. Na wa o
Anyways, to avoid stories that touch, I am dropping my votes right about now.
BEST NEWCOMER:
-Oyinprince
BEST WRITER(s) OF THE MONTH
1. Larrysun
2. Kingzpen
3. Kizzykeziah
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by D9ty7(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2015
SPEAKING FROM THE DESK OF TRUTH
I don't know if I am the only one that noticed this or somebody else did before me or after reading this. I think this months voting is the worst since the start of this best writer awards almost/over a year ago.
I mean, as it stands as at when this post is being composed, if princesa decides to draw the curtain on this month's edition, the BEST WRITER OF THE MONTH would emerge with ten or more votes, and the BEST NEWCOMER in the same region.
What happened to the days of the best writer polling 90+ votes? What happened to the days of the best writer polling 79votes? Is this monthly award loosing it? I think so.
There were times when the level of competition in this award was very high. Times when a particular writer was leading with 10 votes as at the twentieth day of the month and in the last eight days of the month, another writer overtakes the previous leading writer. Something is wrong somewhere.
When p.rincesa came with this voting tingy last year, I thought it was a good idea and believe me, it was and still is a good idea. As a one time beneficiary of the #5000 and a two times winner of the regular updater of the month, I think this is the best thing that ever happened to the literature section since 2013 that I have been here.
When writers like S.ammyhoe, Temitope.Daniel, Audrey.Timms, D.9ty7, R.oyver, D.ivepen, TheRock.5555, TiffanyJ won this award, the level of competition was very high, then everything took a drastic turn.
THE PROBLEMS
If you check back in the past months, nominated writers don't vote, other writers on the section who have a realistic chance of winning the award don't vote, and you expect readers to vote. *You must either be high on mosquito coil or mango leaves.
For people to vote, the people being voted for should first create awareness. Or are you expecting P.rincesa to go from thread to thread begging people to vote? *you must be high on chilled water if you are expecting that.
The literature section moderators for reasons best known to them unsticky this thread, therefore, on a regular basis, it is being pushed into obscurity. So, anybody going through the section won't see this particualar voting thread and they won't vote. But as a writer, after every post on your story thread, remind your readers that they should vote for you as the best writer of the month. That way, Writer A's readers will vote, writer B's readers will vote too, then thing begin to get better.
SOLUTION
Its a pity that I don't mince words, in fact, I hate to mince words. I don't know what Princesa thinks, I don't know what Divepen1 thinks, but I d9ty7, I think this award should be suspended, put on hold and stopped for sometimes to enable the organisers go back to the drawing board and restrategize while writers and readers dedicate more time to voting.
If a contest such as Miss Nairaland could amass 74pages within a day, I see no reason why this award shouldn't amass such number of pages in a month. I mean, we celebrate looks, but brains, we neglect. We vote some people because they are ugly pretty, but when it comes to voting brilliance, we would be no where near. *We all must be high on dried banana leaves.
I think I should stop here for now before people vex.
Cc: Princesa
Divepen1, Standd, LarrySun, Ciela, Thronekid, Jezuzboi, Losprince, Fembleez1, Kitnah, Kizzykeziah, Royver, Kayemjay, Kingzpen, Oyinprince and several other active writers whose name I don't know or didn't remember.
NB: If you know you are tired of this whole thing, abeg, princesa, dey give me 5k every month.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 22, 2015
D9ty7, I aceed with you. I haven't been online so well this month. That explains it on my part. Lets conclude this one first. I might win and believe me need cell.

Thanks.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by LarrySun(m): 5:47pm On May 22, 2015
D9ty7:
SPEAKING FROM THE DESK OF TRUTH
I don't know if I am the only one that noticed this or somebody else did before me or after reading this. I think this months voting is the worst since the start of this best writer awards almost/over a year ago.
I mean, as it stands as at when this post is being composed, if princesa decides to draw the curtain on this month's edition, the BEST WRITER OF THE MONTH would emerge with ten or more votes, and the BEST NEWCOMER in the same region.
What happened to the days of the best writer polling 90+ votes? What happened to the days of the best writer polling 79votes? Is this monthly award loosing it? I think so.
There were times when the level of competition in this award was very high. Times when a particular writer was leading with 10 votes as at the twentieth day of the month and in the last eight days of the month, another writer overtakes the previous leading writer. Something is wrong somewhere.
When p.rincesa came with this voting tingy last year, I thought it was a good idea and believe me, it was and still is a good idea. As a one time beneficiary of the #5000 and a two times winner of the regular updater of the month, I think this is the best thing that ever happened to the literature section since 2013 that I have been here.
When writers like S.ammyhoe, Temitope.Daniel, Audrey.Timms, D.9ty7, R.oyver, D.ivepen, TheRock.5555, TiffanyJ won this award, the level of competition was very high, then everything took a drastic turn.
THE PROBLEMS
If you check back in the past months, nominated writers don't vote, other writers on the section who have a realistic chance of winning the award don't vote, and you expect readers to vote. *You must either be high on mosquito coil or mango leaves.
For people to vote, the people being voted for should first create awareness. Or are you expecting P.rincesa to go from thread to thread begging people to vote? *you must be high on chilled water if you are expecting that.
The literature section moderators for reasons best known to them unsticky this thread, therefore, on a regular basis, it is being pushed into obscurity. So, anybody going through the section won't see this particualar voting thread and they won't vote. But as a writer, after every post on your story thread, remind your readers that they should vote for you as the best writer of the month. That way, Writer A's readers will vote, writer B's readers will vote too, then thing begin to get better.
SOLUTION
Its a pity that I don't mince words, in fact, I hate to mince words. I don't know what Princesa thinks, I don't know what Divepen1 thinks, but I d9ty7, I think this award should be suspended, put on hold and stopped for sometimes to enable the organisers go back to the drawing board and restrategize while writers and readers dedicate more time to voting.
If a contest such as Miss Nairaland could amass 74pages within a day, I see no reason why this award shouldn't amass such number of pages in a month. I mean, we celebrate looks, but brains, we neglect. We vote some people because they are ugly pretty, but when it comes to voting brilliance, we would be no where near. *We all must be high on dried banana leaves.
I think I should stop here for now before people vex.
Cc: Princesa
Divepen1, Standd, LarrySun, Ciela, Thronekid, Jezuzboi, Losprince, Fembleez1, Kitnah, Kizzykeziah, Royver, Kayemjay, Kingzpen, Oyinprince and several other active writers whose name I don't know or didn't remember.
NB: If you know you are tired of this whole thing, abeg, princesa, dey give me 5k every month.
You're right, sir. I think this month's votes should be summarily suspended until things are back to normal.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Fembleez1(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2015
Best Newcomer:-

Oyinprince

Best writers:-

Kingzpen
LarrySun
Thronekid
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 22, 2015
D9ty7 yaff vex, mehn, I don laff like madt.lol
-------
First up, I think the major problem is the traffic that has reduced drastically, hardly will you see thirty people viewing.
When I was nominated, I didn't vote for myself, reasons best known to me, and I didn't create much awareness on my thread, I only made the announcement once, but when I read jezuzboi's story, he created the awareness such that I was baffled, before and after an update, he reminded his readers.
I didn't do that because, an adage says ' when you finish a tasty meal, no one tells you to lick your hand and plate', so I believe if my story is good enough, I won't need to remind people that much.
So, most young female writers share the same view with me, I.e, ciela, she didn't create much awareness too
I also concur that the whole thing should be suspended for a while

------
Thronekid--you too like money tongue
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Joebeck(f): 7:28pm On May 22, 2015
Best newcomer
Oyinprince

Writer of the month
LarrySun

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Kazrem(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2015
kitnah:
D9ty7 yaff vex, mehn, I don laff like madt.lol
-------
First up, I think the major problem is the traffic that has reduced drastically, hardly will you see thirty people viewing.
When I was nominated, I didn't vote for myself, reasons best known to me, and I didn't create much awareness on my thread, I only made the announcement once, but when I read jezuzboi's story, he created the awareness such that I was baffled, before and after an update, he reminded his readers.
I didn't do that because, an adage says ' when you finish a tasty meal, no one tells you to lick your hand and plate', so I believe if my story is good enough, I won't need to remind people that much.
So, most young female writers share the same view with me, I.e, ciela, she didn't create much awareness too
I also concur that the whole thing should be suspended for a while

------
Thronekid--you too like money tongue
True but sometimes if you do not blow your trumpet no one will do it for you.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 11:25am On May 23, 2015
@ d9ty7
You've spoken all of my mind. Every and every month, this award keeps on dwindling. For the fact that It is already a year plus should mean that it should have garnered enough popularity to followers to keep it floating, but obviously not!

Some Writers feel too big to ask their readers to vote them or even come here to vote themselves. Maybe 5,000 is chicken change to them, I just don't understand.

And for no reason, A Mod unsticked the thread like having it put up there was earning me extra money and popularity...

Well what can I say, some people don't even know what they should place priority on.

I tried my best to keep this thing going, even after the data loss, I was on the sponsor's neck to revive the thread, and have kept on urging him monthly to pay up outstanding debts... But I guess it wasn't good enough.

If suspension of this thread is what we all crave, then I'll get back to him and come out with the final decision.

But best know that the death of this thread isn't a death of his philanthropy. We'll find a way to reward other deserving writers.

Tag: everybody!

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Divepen1(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2015
This is a wicked advice. Why not let us raise the competition by allowing writers that have won before get a chance to be voted for again. I.e after three months of winning, any writer that has won before can be voted for again.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by kingphilip(m): 12:58pm On May 23, 2015
Hmmmmm is this how it has finally come to.. Btw may d best decision b followed sha
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by losprince(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2015
The first problem was with the mod that unstickied the thread in the first place. And unless we make some noise about it, nothing will be done. We just have to find a way to get people interested In the award.

What makes the miss nairaland award so interesting

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jezuzboi(m): 10:00pm On May 23, 2015
The idea of suspending this award is quite understandable considering poor response from writers who this award is actually meant to serve. But if suspended, it will surely end up here again when restored. However, the approach towards this award could be twisted to induce the missing factor; #COMPETITION#

For instance;
1. Awareness could be created on this thread at the beginning of each month with mentions of active writers, requiring those interested in the award to indicate by responding positively. (Best Writer Of The Month Category Only). New Comers will still be nominated. Only writers who indicate their interest in the award will be eligible for votes. This way, they won't need anyone to remind or encourage them to campaign for votes.

2. In a situation where we have less interested writers who haven't won before responding positively at the commencement of each month's award, writers who have emerged winners previously could be given a chance to compete again after a certain period of time.

3. If after creating this awareness with mentions of active writers and still get an unimpressive response, well, the idea of suspension will then be good to go. (Only without objections and new ideas.) You never can tell who might bail the cat.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by princesa(f): 3:02pm On May 24, 2015
Well, I told the sponsor to check this thread and come up with his own decision, this is what he replied me with and asked me to paste as it is on this thread. I should be back to reply all.

Hello Cynthia,
I just read through the thread and trust me, I find it funny.
I recall when we started, and like I said, funds for winners will increase as well as other platforms for different winners gradually as we proceed which we've talked about very well.
I had hopes of starting same on the programming section which ran for few month(s) before I couldn't communicate effectively with who was handling it, and then paused.
I'm still working on how to go back to that.
My decision right now is to pause this project from this moment till when we come up with a possible solution on how best to work.
Right now I'll focus on my other lil Charity projects and see how far it goes. I just made plans to purchase several thousand notebooks as well as Mathematical Sets and other materials for some schools in my LGA and Kids on my small scholarship.
I'll remain anonymous for as long as ever cos it was never a project for profit or other gains, and like I say to you most times, I'm just a very regular guy you'll pass on the streets.
I thank you for continuous encouragements, calls, emails, sms especially on when cases where I delay for a day or two in funding recipients accounts. You're such a wonderful person to work with and I hope to meet you someday.
God bless you in your strives and endeavors.
Pls, no need to reach out to other persons we intended to. I think its not necessary, except you advice otherwise.
Cheers always

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by therealbabe(f): 5:54pm On May 26, 2015
Best newcomer Oyinprince Best Writer LarrySun

1 Like

Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Jummyjagz(f): 10:30pm On May 28, 2015
Best upcoming/newcomer-- ciela

Writer of the month--larrysun
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
Writer of the month:larry sun.up cuming writer ciela.
pls is their an anual lit award?, nd wat story won nairaland story of the year(triller) Last year?. D9ty7
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Divepen1(m): 6:17am On Jun 29, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
Writer of the month:larry sun.up cuming writer ciela.
pls is their an anual lit award?, nd wat story won nairaland story of the year(triller) Last year?. D9ty7
There is.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Divepen1:
There is.
Wat story won thriller of d year ?.
Re: Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! by Teejay021: 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
Agiemars:
I vote for Tiffanyj.
Lolz

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply)

A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / The Club a story - #nlwriters / Love Really Is Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.