Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline (39141 Views)

7 Things Babies Do In The Womb That’ll Blow Your Mind … (must See) / 30 Health Tips Everyone Must Know (A Must Read) / 7 Things That Can Cause Low Sperm Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by talk2cj08(m): 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
TETRACYCLINE
popularly called “red and yellow capsule” in places like Nigeria isan antibiotic and one of the medications that have been seriously abused.It’s a first choice for many people in treating diarrhea; and a lot of them do not use the right dosage. Many people are guilty of this.Here are very important facts you must know before you use another dose of tetracycline.

1. Don’t use less than the required dose. Some people use only 2 or 4 capsules and they stop. This will cause resistance, and it may not work for you when you use it another time.

2. Tetracycline is not to be taken by children less than eight years. The drug may cause permanent discolouring of your teeth.

3. Pregnant women (or those planning to get pregnant soon) or nursing (breast feeding) mothers should not us tetracycline

4. Tetracycline should not be taken with milk, yoghurt or other dairy products.

5. Tetracycline should NOT be used at the same time with oral contraceptives. This is because taking the drug at the same time with some oral contraceptives may cause the contraceptive not to work.

6. Tetracycline might produce some side effects such as diarrhoea, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, infections of the vagina, etc as adverse effects. 

7. Always consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health professionals before using tetracycline or any other antibiotic.

26 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by decode55(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nice write up
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by talk2cj08(m): 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
Thanks bro
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
I take it like Tom Tom anytym I wanna keep my mouth busy grin

6 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by talk2cj08(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by sisiafrika(f): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
Milk and dairy products form metal complexes with Tetracyline hence dia incompatibility.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by LMAyedun(m): 5:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Okay!! Noted.
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by justi4jesu(f): 5:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Nice..
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by LordCenturion(m): 5:54am On Jul 09, 2014
video or I donbiliv it...

actually, it make me sleep like dommy nuisance when I take it

8 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Impulse80(m): 5:57am On Jul 09, 2014
Please there is no cause for control, everything is under alarm.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 09, 2014
nice one
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by BRAV0O(m): 5:59am On Jul 09, 2014
Nice one
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 09, 2014
Tell them something
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Smartsyn(m): 6:00am On Jul 09, 2014
op what is its chemical formula?

that is first thing we are told to know about a compound.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by phemmy88(m): 6:02am On Jul 09, 2014
LordCenturion: video or I donbiliv it...

actually, it make me sleep like dommy nuisance when I take it

u mean dis is u.., and you've not been acting horror film? why hide ur talent

25 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Sijo01(f): 6:03am On Jul 09, 2014
Duly noted
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by uboma(m): 6:06am On Jul 09, 2014
IjogzK: I take it like Tom Tom anytym I wanna keep my mouth busy grin

Drug abuse...
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by ProsperOnyema: 6:13am On Jul 09, 2014
What is the correct dosage?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by LMAyedun(m): 6:14am On Jul 09, 2014
Impulse80: Please there is no cause for control, everything is under alarm.
You've taken weed again this morning, is too early Bro undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 09, 2014
hmmm...dis drug has been in existence since my grandmum tym oo....dem de take am like panadol anytime dey sensed running stomach oo...lols...wetin u nor know...nor fit kill u...dat was den oo....not now oo..

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Skipfr(m): 6:32am On Jul 09, 2014
Noted
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Vstuffs(m): 6:33am On Jul 09, 2014
It is use for sooting(very good drug add with flagy)
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by osimilan(m): 6:34am On Jul 09, 2014
Thanks for the tip off brov cheesy
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Omexonomy: 6:35am On Jul 09, 2014
talk2cj08: TETRACYCLINE
popularly called “red and yellow capsule” in places like Nigeria isan antibiotic and one of the medications that have been seriously abused.It’s a first choice for many people in treating diarrhea; and a lot of them do not use the right dosage. Many people are guilty of this.Here are very important facts you must know before you use another dose of tetracycline.

1. Don’t use less than the required dose. Some people use only 2 or 4 capsules and they stop. This will cause resistance, and it may not work for you when you use it another time.

2. Tetracycline is not to be taken by children less than eight years. The drug may cause permanent discolouring of your teeth.

3. Pregnant women (or those planning to get pregnant soon) or nursing (breast feeding) mothers should not us tetracycline

5. Tetracycline should NOT be used at the same time with oral contraceptives. This is because taking the drug at the same time with some oral contraceptives may cause the contraceptive not to work.

6. Tetracycline might produce some side effects such as diarrhoea, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, dizziness, infections of the vagina, etc as adverse effects. 

7. Always consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health professionals before using tetracycline or any other antibiotic.
consulting a doctor is very expensive in lagos

7 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by NickiRoman: 6:37am On Jul 09, 2014
Lotta things I didn't know about that drug
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Busuyib(f): 6:38am On Jul 09, 2014
Hmm
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by gbaskiboy: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2014
Thanks OP, I owe u one

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Guykhena(m): 6:47am On Jul 09, 2014
*sighs* bye bye yogurt sad

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by pendusky(m): 6:49am On Jul 09, 2014
talk2cj08: TETRACYCLINE

I don't take drugs but if I may ask, what is is used for?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by yinchar(m): 6:50am On Jul 09, 2014
@OP, You forget to add that, Its also very effective in the treatment of Pimples and Acne.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by Dygeasy(m): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2014
Re: 7 Things You Must Know About Tetracycline by DrOBD(m): 7:04am On Jul 09, 2014
Please consult your doctor (pharmacists also have deep knowledge about drugs) before taking any drug. Consult any other health worker at your own risk. My 2 cent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly / How Much Does Cataracts Surgery Cost In Nigeria? / Coronavirus: Nadine Dorries Tests Positive For Deadly Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.