Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,140 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:38 AM

Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? (20109 Views)

Ways In Which Time Travel Maybe Possible / Cosmologist Outlines Three Concepts For Time Travel / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:40am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: whether or not you believe what i'm saying , the fact remains that you will never die . even if you kill yourself at thios very moment ,you would simply not die even though your body dies . And time travel is possible . everything on this physical realm has already been . 2015 ,2016 2070 has come and gone,everything has already happened . sorry that's the least I can explain .

Lol dude, scientifically and spiritually, it's a fact that man will die, the only difference is that spiritually (in some religion), it is believed that man will be resurrected at some point by a supernatural being.

So your concept that you will never die is fallacy.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2014
Fictional. I'm a skeptic when it comes to Time Travel, Blackholes,String Theory etc, there's a reason why they remain purely in the realm of theoretical physics or in sci-fi thrillers like HG Wells's 'Time Machine' .
The sheer practicability of it all is just not feasible, Some notable physicists like Stephen Hawking believe its distinctly possible at least on paper but most view it as just pseudo science suitable only for movies .
I fancy the time machine built by Stewie Griffin in some Family Guy episodes though grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Artorius(m): 7:40am On Jul 20, 2014
godwinony: imagine if it is possible..just travel into the future, check and screensnap the result of all matches played in over 200 leagues and their games, return and bet on all (accumulator) with N500..multibillionaire for life.
The most practical and sensible comment on this thread grin

5 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:49am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: yes your physical body is disposable and will die very soon. your body like everything else on this physical plane is decaying at every passing moment . your brain is not your very being . you are more than you brain .

The point is that man will die at some point. This is supported scientifically and spiritually. The rest is theory not yet proven nor having a reference
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: there's more to life than just this physical life . it doesn't matter whether or not you believe it .
i never said there is just the physical. My point is that you and I will die at a point, but spiritually (in some religion), it is believed that man will be resurrected (brought to live again)
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Coldsteel(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2014
Part of been a scientist is having an open mind....a mind that believes nothing is impossible......
A 1000 yrs back,it would have just been so magical & unthinkable talking with someone miles away via telecoms & internet
@ OP,i believe time travel to the future is very possible but i've great doubts in moving back to the past.what we need is our Einstein of today..

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Oahray: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Its possible.....it has something to do with light....do u knw u are actually looking back in time when looking at stars?
smh... You are looking but not going back in time, the light is simply just getting to you after so long because of the distance. This is like saying I've time-travelled because I just replied your post from days ago.

3 Likes

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by haibe(m): 8:01am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: you can leave your physical body and travel into time . It is a waste of time even explaining . from this physical perspective it sounds very foolish and absurd to tell anyone something like this . according to this perspective ,you must simply be out of your mind for saying something so foolish .

Not sure we are talking metaphysics here, we need something clearly provable here or scientifically accurate.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Oahray: 8:07am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: you can leave your physical body and travel into time and come back into your body . It is a waste of time even explaining this . from this physical perspective it sounds very foolish and absurd to tell anyone something like this . according to this physical perspective ,you must simply be out of your mind for saying something so foolish .
have you personally time-travelled before?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 20, 2014
_____
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by robinicule(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan:

There's no gravity in space?! Lolgrin

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Travel infinitely at the speed of light?! grin grin

By special relativity, if two cars are moving relative to each other. One moving close to the speed of light and one moving at a constant speed. If there is a clock on the car moving close to the speed of light, by time dilation, the clock will move slower by a fraction equal to the Lorentz factor.

yes we still saying d same thing.d point is time still slows down...do ur research on earth's gravity well.....d farthest earth gravity could go is holding our satelite.....fartther, wuld get lost in space. not a science student tho, just an enthusiast,ans tryna make a point clear here, time traveling is quite possible.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: you can leave your physical body and travel into time . It is a waste of time even explaining . from this physical perspective it sounds very foolish and absurd to tell anyone something like this . according to this perspective ,you must simply be out of your mind for saying something so foolish .

You said what i'm saying is that every human being is a spirit being living in this body right now . when you die from this world your body dies but you live on in spirit.

I was only trying to get what you said. either u meant that for time travel to happen one has to be in the spirit or the line i quoted is just a redundancy in your post. because if it can't be explained it cant be possible. there is no waste of time in explaining science. and you wont be considered foolish because science itself is bizarre. so shoot we are listening
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 20, 2014
_____
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 20, 2014
So you believe that a thread on Nairaland is the place you'll find answers to a question trained physicists have not been able to answer. Nawa for you o.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Lachynos2k2(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Its possible.....it has something to do with light....do u knw u are actually looking back in time when looking at stars?
Dude ,simple physics can explain dat.u can't compare it to time travelling.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by McGibson(m): 8:22am On Jul 20, 2014
As a Physicist, i will say its true, because i don't know how many of us Physicist remember Loretz force when dealing with time, but its real just that some Physicist do not know how to apply our outside interrestial works to the terrestial. Quote me. Prof Ubachukwu(Dean Post graduate studies UNN once taught me abt Maxwels equations, Gauss's law and how it involves real automobile mechanics. So we speak real and not Apparent!
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: even adolf hitler and idi amin are in heaven right now . i will no longer comment on this thread ,it is a waste of time . just keep believe in your einstein , thomas edison,big bang and the rest of your scientific theories .

Now u got me all confused.
it was a scientific question and i gave scientific answer based on proof and facts that we know. it wasn't a religious one where answers and theories would be accepted based on faith. Yes they might be in heaven like you said but we would never know because knowing would create a paradox. If you know Hitler is in heaven that means you are already dead and if you die how would you come back and tell us since the information traveling through time has to have a origin in other to prevent a loop. see my point?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2014
McGibson: As a Physicist, i will say its true, because i don't know how many of us Physicist remember Loretz force when dealing with time, but its real just that some Physicist do not know how to apply our outside interrestial works to the terrestial. Quote me. Prof Ubachukwu(Dean Post graduate studies UNN once taught me abt Maxwels equations, Gauss's law and how it involves real automobile mechanics. So we speak real and not Apparent!

can you tell us more on how it is true with the laws and the electromagnetic force you mentioned? i mean in details
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by 50calibre(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2014
I think the idea of time travel isn't that far fetched in the world of science.

A proper understanding of how to bend space and time, should provide answers. Though still a long way off, it's something that's already being explored by physicists.

Even world renowned physicist Brian Cox gives his opinion regarding the subject.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2420239/Professor-Brian-Cox-time-travel-IS-possible--want-to-future.html

There have already been stories of time travel, during the Second World War, it was said the US army conducted an experiment on one of its warships. Check out "The Philadelphia Experiment"
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by beinstein(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2014
i had the same thought the very day i watched 'Austin Powers'.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2014
godwinony: imagine if it is possible..just travel into the future, check and screensnap the result of all matches played in over 200 leagues and their games, return and bet on all (accumulator) with N500..multibillionaire for life.
black man mentality.. U will still be under whitew cos when they see the futuure they plan to control..and u are planning to. Earn from what they control.. U jonzing biggley
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2014
_____
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: science is largely flawed. science is limited ,it can't explain everything . I am not a scientist nor religious .

Yes of course that is why it changes every time new discoveries are made. and when there is a claim there is always proof to back it up.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by McGibson(m): 8:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Missy89:

can you tell us more on how it is true with the laws and the electromagnetic force you mentioned? i mean in details
please send me ur mail and i will send u some of our research and findings, thats if you can understand the terms unless ur a physicist. cos one of my Lab scientist friend once read that and said to me, what is with Physics and X,Y,Z?
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by jaylorde(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2014
watch fringe, u'll be amazed

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by iamord(m): 8:37am On Jul 20, 2014
Some of this technology exist already but some r still on. Enhancing stage and hidded from prying eyes.. Usa were succesful in a teleportation experiment in the 60s.. But goverment tried to cover it up.. If uu reduce religious and cultural dogma.. Am sure black wil think higher.. I just wonder why africans that engage in astral projection don't use their power for development and innovation..instead .. Na to kill am for me dem dey do

1 Like

Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by rezy15(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2014
haibe:

Faster than light travel can be possible, no one is disputing that(more reasonable than teleporting) but travelling into the past or future is practically impossible unless you can alter time (an external force) itself since time determines what is past and what is future.
what exactly is time? Just an invention by man to keep track of events. Moving forward or backwards is merely logging dates using the movement of ur planet as a point of reference. Does time really exist? The ability to transcend beyond the past present or future has been shown since 'immemorial' and may not be limited to heavenly beings.
Re: Time Travel : Real Or Fictional .. .?(how Possible) ? by Missy89(f): 8:41am On Jul 20, 2014
McGibson: please send me ur mail and i will send u some of our research and findings, thats if you can understand the terms unless ur a physicist. cos one of my Lab scientist friend once read that and said to me, what is with Physics and X,Y,Z?

i am not a physicist but i do have enough knowledge about the subject to understand whatever you say.

why not share here and help us answer the question so that everyone can learn a thing or two

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Builds Unusual Jet Car (VIDEO) / Will Kerosene Freeze If Put In Freezer? / Do Animals Mourn Too? Yes They Do......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.