Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

How Often Do U Call Your In-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Often Do U Call Your In-law (4819 Views)

My Sister In Law Slapped Me / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
More than a year in marriage now, I'm not the type that like making unneceesary conversations with people especially the in-laws I call them when only I have something important to discuss with them.But my wife do call me selfish being because I always call my parent and I neglect her's while she call both of them every 3 days. Just yesterday my friend'wife reported him to me that he has not called her parents for the past 7 months he only speak with them when she is having phone conversation with her parents. I could not say anything than 'its Man nature' . grin grin
Is my conclusion right?

If not how often do u call them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
I try to call my MIL once a week. But hubby's siblings could be once in 1-2months. My hubby calls my parents once in one or two weeks.

I hate to call unnecessarily too, even my parents. But I just try to, so it doesn't look like one is uncaring. I think you should do same.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
I'm not even married yet, but I don't plan to “worship” my inlaws anyway with acquaintance.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Doncolio(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
Once a month or two. Not in d habit of calling always.
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Kanwulia: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
NEVER!!!!
My husband is forbidden to call my family too!
I don't encourage such UNNECESSARY familiarity! kiss
We don't do MGBEKE MARRIAGES.
Too much interference.
Not INTERESTED! kiss
My family is TOOOOO phocking large for all that extra mess in my life! kiss
His own family can form a whole village.
No need abeg! kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Lumpyy(f): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
EVERYDAY........i speak with both FIL and MIL on daily basis,his siblings once/more a week.depends on d kinda relationship u av with them!theyv treated me like one of them from day one and am alws grateful!
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by maxiflexi(f): 8:02am On Jul 09, 2014
I call at least twice a week. This is so they can talk to their grandchild. Some how I end up talking to mum & MIL everyday (they call, hubby calls them). My dad, once a week or less; FIL, never. The grandmums usually extend our greetings.
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 12:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
maxiflexi: I call at least twice a week. This is so they can talk to their grandchild. Some how I end up talking to mum & MIL everyday (they call, hubby calls them). My dad, once a week or less; FIL, never. The grandmums usually extend our greetings.
Wetin FIL do u ooo? abi he want ? grin
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by preciousan(f): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
This call issue has really been a bone of contention btw me n hubby,his people he doesn't call,my people nko! When i've forced him to,come from a family where communication is like our second name,so most tyms it looks very awkward,when he doesn't call,so some people are just like dat,its dier nature.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
I call my future mother inlaw often,reason being that she calls me too often asking for my welfare. She's a good person to be with. I kinda like her though. There was a time,she wanted to dominate my relationship with the daughter,I put her in her place,since then she has known me to be a no nonsense person. My fiancee is her only daughter,and they are just two.
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
Only when I fancy instant condescension... so not very often grin
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by maxiflexi(f): 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
moscobabs:

Wetin FIL do u ooo? abi he want ? grin

angry y call when I can talk to him on his wife's fone?
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2014
Yomieluv: I call my future mother inlaw often,reason being that she calls me too often asking for my welfare. She's a good person to be with. I kinda like her though. There was a time,she wanted to dominate my relationship with the daughter,I put her in her place,since then she has known me to be a no nonsense person. My fiancee is her only daughter,and they are just two.
Lol....future mother inlaw?
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Yomieluv:
I call my future mother inlaw often,reason being that she calls me too often asking for my welfare. She's a good person to be with. I kinda like her though. There was a time,she wanted to dominate my relationship with the daughter,I put her in her place,since then she has known me to be a no nonsense person. My fiancee is her only daughter,and they are just two.

so what's the update ..are u still in the relationship?
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
Kanwulia:
NEVER!!!! My husband is forbidden to call my family too! I don't encourage such UNNECESSARY familiarity! kiss We don't do MGBEKE MARRIAGES. Too much interference. Not INTERESTED! kiss My family is TOOOOO phocking large for all that extra mess in my life! kiss His own family can form a whole village. No need abeg! kiss
no nonsense woman
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
moscobabs:

so what's the update ..are u still in the relationship?
we are married.
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Yomieluv:
we are married.
wow !!! congrats bro welcome to the table of men.

so how r u coping with your in laws now.

as regard calling
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
once a month should do expect for emergences or they sick.
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
moscobabs:

wow !!! congrats bro welcome to the table of men.

so how r u coping with your in laws now.

as regard calling
coping very well...just normal talk talk na..lol...lest I forgot, married with a bouncing baby boy..

1 Like

Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2016
Yomieluv:
coping very well...just normal talk talk na..lol...lest I forgot, married with a bouncing baby boy..
Oluwaseun!!!

is a grace bro. regards to your family
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by moscobabs(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Joavid:
once a month should do expect for emergences or they sick.
nice one.

but your MIL don't complain?
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by megareal: 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
MIL calls every two days. I usually see the missed calls. I call once in two, three weeks. FIL, never.

My mum, once a week or so. She calls me everyday and only calls hubby when she has an important message to pass across.
Re: How Often Do U Call Your In-law by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
moscobabs:

Oluwaseun!!!

is a grace bro. regards to your family
thanks..My regards to your family too.

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Handle The Issue Of Trust? / Please Advice A Brother. / SEE THE DRESSING OF A 4 YEARS OLD GIRL THAT GOT PEOPLE TALKING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.