Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Promotion Dilemma - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Promotion Dilemma (856 Views)

I'm Caught In A Career Dilemma And Don't Know What To Do / My Career Dilemma / In A Dilemma, Seriously In Need Of Help. (acca Or Should Go Back To School) (2) (3) (4)

Promotion Dilemma by johnugwu: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Hello House

I am in a dilemma in my place of work, i work in a bank and in the head office to be precise. . I am an assistant manager in my department (finance and Administration).

Just yesterday i was given a hint by some people and i saw the organizational chart that i was made head of finance to report to the CFO and my boss was made head of Admin, so that means no more finance and Admin again. The issue is that i am qualified to head any of the position, but i had a very cordial relationship with my boss who was like a mother to me. To her and others it is a demotion, she was expecting to be made the CFO but the politics in the office is so strong and she was edged out and they are advertising for the position of the CFO. She would have preferred to be the HOD for Finance but she was taken to Admin and that is not a good sign.

My question is should i reject the offer based on the relationship that exists between us or i accept the offer when

Secondly, i was advised not to tell her and act as if i don't know but my conscience will not allow me and i told her today, but lo and behold it was like i made a mistake to tell her, she made a passing statement that she will see the CEO about it and that she did. I told her because the gossips in the office became strong and i didn't want her to hear from some one else.

Please advise me on what to do .

Please do advise me I'm confused and dejected. I don't want to throw away relationship or throw away my career.

please matured minds

Please mod take to the front page so i can benefit immensely.
Re: Promotion Dilemma by nitrogen(m): 8:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Bros, nawa for you o, what concerns an agbero and viju milk? You were promoted, she was too, just that yours is a lil bit better, you are just being emotional about this matter, shit happens, move on, just be humble and give her the normal/expected respect. Simples!

Don't kill yourself over a matter that should make you happy.
Re: Promotion Dilemma by johnugwu: 8:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
nitrogen: Bros, nawa for you o, what concerns an agbero and viju milk? You were promoted, she was too, just that yours is a lil bit better, you are just being emotional about this matter, shit happens, move on, just be humble and give her the normal/expected respect. Simples!

Don't kill yourself over a matter that should make you happy.

thanks guy still waiting to gain and learn more. Pls note dat she was not promoted but d department was shared into two and i was given finance and she Administration. I was praying she got the CFO position but it was not so and instead her dept was split
Re: Promotion Dilemma by johnugwu: 12:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
please dont just view, make a comment
Re: Promotion Dilemma by mikkyphp(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Quite a bit of time has passed. am eager to know how it all played out!
johnugwu: please dont just view, make a comment
Re: Promotion Dilemma by johnugwu: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
mikkyphp: Quite a bit of time has passed. am eager to know how it all played out!

My brother seriously the issue has degenerated into something else. Different vested interest and i was not given the letter up till now.

I prayed to God and he settled my heart. Just watching to see how things play out. Thanks
Re: Promotion Dilemma by mikkyphp(m): 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2014
It is well my Brother. I think next time you should just keep whatever promotion to yourself until you receive a confirmation letter. Where i work, promises are usually made, but unless a letter/mail from the appropriate quarters is received, i only take it with a pinch of salt and don't put my mind.

CEO has probably stalled the exercise.

Keep praying, or dust your CV and apply to a competitor!

Re: Promotion Dilemma by johnugwu: 3:10am On Aug 26, 2014
mikkyphp: It is well my Brother. I think next time you should just keep whatever promotion to yourself until you receive a confirmation letter. Where i work, promises are usually made, but unless a letter/mail from the appropriate quarters is received, i only take it with a pinch of salt and don't put my mind.

CEO has probably stalled the exercise.

Keep praying, or dust your CV and apply to a competitor!

hmmm. I have done that and ready to move at any time.

Football Bettor. Sure Win Betting Tips / Job Opportunity In Dubai With Employment Visa Or Residence Visa / How To Pass A Job Interview