Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,699 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

How To Decorate Your Student Apartment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Decorate Your Student Apartment (11802 Views)

Study In Philippines And Get Your Student & Tourist Visa In Quick Time! / Male and Female Students Living in Same Apartment: Have Your Say / Study In Philippines And Get Your Student&tourist Visa In Quick Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Controversy: 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
Being a student, I know full well the painstaking challenge in decorating an apartment or dorm room. Finding affordable yet nice looking items is hard, but it is doable.

Have a transformer (sleeper) couch

In a student/bachelor apartment, it is challenging to make use of and optimise as much space as possible. With a sleeper couch, you can save on space and money, as there will be no need in getting an extra piece of furniture. As long as the couch is comfortable, you can sleep away!

Personalise your walls

Brighten up those dreary walls by using disposable hooks to place your memories on your walls. Use your pictures to make your living space personal and save on wallpaper. Your pictures will make the space more your own and will be a good conversation-starter at your housewarming party.

Tour second-hand shops

Second-hand furniture shops are filled with eclectic and retro pieces. The furniture at these shops is also much more affordable than new furniture. You can buy vintage pieces that show off your decorating skills without breaking the bank.

Get reversible sleeping accessories

Reversible duvets and comforters save you the time and money in repeatedly changing your sleep accessories. Also, if chosen well, these items can be trendy and fun!

3 Likes

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by missdebs(f): 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
nice tips
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Project400: 7:01am On Jul 09, 2014
Interesting tips
smiley
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Greenified(m): 7:18am On Jul 09, 2014
Awesome

1 Like

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by adanduka: 9:10am On Jul 09, 2014
Nice thread.
@ OP, add pictures please.
Viewers, pls where can I get second hand furniture in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Mzjhulz(f): 9:16am On Jul 09, 2014
undecided
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by EnterPRO: 9:33am On Jul 09, 2014
where to buy sleeper couches in naija?
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2014
This is total controversy. Just get a reading desk and leave the rest. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by billtommy(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2014
Ds tips aint african...OP..acknowledge the source.
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by ignis: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2014
What else?
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Quelme: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2014
For 9ja or Germany..?

1 Like

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by SlyIg(f): 10:44am On Jul 09, 2014
Quelme: For 9ja or Germany..?
For Brazil rather! grin

1 Like

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by fiverrwin(f): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2014
Good thing
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by princed4real(m): 1:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] smiley nice 1
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Abeg where Nairaland toilet section dey? I wan _shit. undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by fr3do(m): 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mtcchheew
some peeps get time sha
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by gluv01(f): 2:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Like that, keep it nice but simple. I also don't really use a canvas, I print out my really nice pictures and put them on the wall neatly. One of my parents alone, family, clique of friends and then any personal one. Plus you can get a bin bag that matches with your bed sheets or walls or rug. It makes your room pleasantly colorful and..romantic cheesy kiss . Too much colors will make it look disorganized embarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by armadeo(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
gluv01: Like that, keep it nice but simple. I also don't really use a canvas, I print out my really nice pictures and put them on the wall neatly. One of my parents alone, family, clique of friends and then any personal one. Plus you can get a bin bag that matches with your bed sheets or walls or rug. It makes your room pleasantly colorful and..romantic cheesy kiss . Too much colors will make it look disorganized embarassed

You sure say na school you go. People are crying on sch fees you are asking to decorate room.

Anyway if you can you can!
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Olarewajub: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Expensive tips.
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by gluv01(f): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
armadeo:

You sure say na school you go. People are crying on sch fees you are asking to decorate room.

Anyway if you can you can!

It's not a must is it? Whatever makes you happy, relaxed, and motivated, if you can, do it wink
And surprisingly, most of those decors don't cost much. They are cheap.
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Djicemob: 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
Woman thread angry
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by armadeo(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
gluv01:

It's not a must is it? Whatever makes you happy, relaxed, and motivated, if you can, do it wink
And surprisingly, most of those decors don't cost much. They are cheap.

Good one.
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Mcbussy(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
@ Op,any tip on getting d chics to sleep over? cheesy
Re: How To Decorate Your Student Apartment by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
post your source
also, add useful tips for local nigerian students

(1) (Reply)

Eastern Mediterranean University(emu)-cyprus Fall Admission Has Started! / Enugu Begins Daily School Classes On Radio For Students Under Lockdown / Nigerian Defence Academy 64th Regular Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.