Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match (65745 Views)

Nigeria 0 : 1 Germany - Fifa U-20 Women Wc Final *Full Time* / 2:1 GERMANY Vs FRANCE (live) / Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentators Of Brazil 1 Germany 7 Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
shadrach77:
No sir. Germany is the name of a country. ONE country. Germany is not the name of the citizens. The citizens are Germans, not Gemany. So Germany here is a singular noun and thus will be followed by the verb 'has'

Thank me later

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Sir,i didnt create english.I have several examples of where countries are referred to in plural noun,even football clubs.I wont deny there are many references to support ur own argument also. I guess this is just of of those areas of contention in english language.Please, take time to go through this article from the bbc. m.bbc.com/sport/football/28235156.And dont tell me the bbc dont know what they are saying cos i respect them as authorities when it comes to english language. We are all learning sir! Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by Prymestrr(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
areaboy1: Sir,i didnt create english.I have several examples of where countries are referred to in plural noun,even football clubs.I wont deny there are many references to support ur own argument also. I guess this is just of of those areas of contention in english language.Please, take time out to go through this article from the bbc. m.bbc.com/sport/football/28235156.And dont tell me the bbc dont know what they are saying cos i respect them as authorities when it comes to english language. We are all learning sir! Thank you
I get ur point boss. Meant no insult with my comment, just a harmless suggestion. I apologise 4 being 2 imposing.

2 Likes

Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by daviesmania(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
alekside: "Brazil's goal makes the scoreline more astonishing"
'BRAZIL one, GERMANY seven'.

1 Like

Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
Prymestrr:
I get ur point boss. Meant no insult with my comment, just a harmless suggestion. I apologise 4 being 2 imposing.
Thanks for your understanding and kudos for your maturity. smiley
Prymestrr:
Thanks for your understanding and kudos for your maturity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by TerryCarr(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Giftedgreen: Breaking News: After Brazil's loss to Germany, Neymar has been moved from intensive care to the psychiatric ward

Thank God for Germany. Very soon ladies will be too ashamed to wear Brazillian Hair

7 Up has announced that it is going to be the official sponsor of the German national team

The world cup final will be played by Argentina and Holland, as Brazil is out and Germany are being sued for despoil
damn nigga grin
Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by shariffalabim89: 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan:
His name is John Helm.
Thanks man
Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by wizzyblast(m): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
commentator; "To add further icing on the cake for Germany and another dash of insult to Brazil, Klose has now overtaken Selecao legend Ronaldo to stand as the World Cup's all time top scorer with 16 goals."

It's almost like they've decided not to inflict further cruel and unusual punishment on the absolutely decimated Brazilian ranks. Make no mistake, there's more goals in this if Germany want. I'm not sure I can say the same for Brazil. (during the second half)

3 Likes

Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by Nmeri17: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2014
♨♨
Re: Most Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentator Of Brazil 1- Germany 7 Match by shariffalabim89: 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
Brazil are leaking goals like a sieve.....brazil vs holland.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ronaldo And His Girlfriend, Georgina Rodriguez At MTV EMA (Photos) / Remote Controlled Car Delivers Match Ball At Euro 2020 Opening Match (Photos) / Mikel Obi Meets With His Prospective Inlaws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.