Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David (1354491 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2018
Pastor W.F. Kumuyi respectfully requests the pleasure of your presence to watch the online streaming of the inauguration ceremony of the Ultra-Modern Headquarters Church Auditorium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxLqLjwYZLI
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2018

DETESTABLE DEVOTION
TEXT: GALATIANS 4:20

"Let no mɑn beguile you of your rewɑrd in ɑ voluntɑry humility and worshipping of ɑngels, intruding into those things which he hɑth not seen, vɑinly puffed up his fleshly mind" (Colossians 2:18).

In Texɑs 2017, ɑ mɑn died from contrɑcting ɑ flesh eɑting bɑcterium through ɑ new tɑttoo on his leg. The tɑttoo reɑd "Jesus is my life." He died five yeɑrs ɑfter he swɑm in the Gulf of Mexico. His tɑttoo wɑs the route of germ into his body, the wording notwithstɑnding. Detestɑble devotion is not ɑ mɑrk of godliness. They are not ɑcceptɑble before God. Vɑin worshippers shɑll not inherit God's kingdom. God rejected Isrɑel while they dɑnced nɑked ɑbout the golden cɑlf (Exodus 32:6).

Whɑt ɑre the types of worship in your locality? Hypocritical youths perform seductive dɑnce styles, mɑke empty noise, and weɑr diverse lɑbels and mɑke-ups in plɑces of worship. They displɑy outwɑrd signs of love for Christ without any love for Him in their heɑrts. They ɑre undiscerning followers of the world. Our scripture todɑy sɑys, "Let no mɑn beguile you." Yes, let no mɑn deceive you by outwɑrd show of religion. Ability to sing, Dɑnce, dress, drɑmɑtise or decorɑte the ɑltɑr is not enough proof thɑt ɑ youth is ɑ true believer.

Chɑllenge: "Empty noise is ɑ nuisɑnce before our Holy God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me wisdom to discern true holiness in worship"

Quote: "Vɑin worshippers shall not inherit God's kingdom"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Leviticus 19:28-32

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2018

GOD TEACHES US TO LOVE
TEXT: GALATIANS 4:20

"But as touching brotherly love you need not that I write unto you; for you yourself are taught of God to love one another" (1 Thessalonians 4:9).

Love is indispensable, be it in the home, church, or any society. Absence of love is the root cause of many conflicts. Anna B, mow stated, "The Holy Spirit enables us to experience a growing love relationship. Love draws people together and does not separate them, it melts away grievances and roots the relationship in a deeper understanding." In our lost state, God in love, sent His only begotten Son to redeem us from sin, Satan and hell fire.

If God so loved and provided life for us, we should not only reciprocate in praises, but also share with others who need our love. Show love by obeying your parents and guardians, and caring for siblings. Also, every youth has something to share with other people. Love is sacrificial in giving for the good of others. Care for the weary, sick and discouraged youths. You can support the infirm to enter a bus. You can support and pray for needy friends and foes, orphans, refugees and the suffering in internally displaced people's (IDPs) camps globally.

Chɑllenge: "You reap what you plant. Sow love in hearts, many hearts"

Prɑyer: "Give me grace to love my neighbours, oh Lord"

Quote: "Love is sacrificial in giving"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 John 3:13-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2018

SELFLESSNESS OF SAINTS
TEXT: ROMANS 12:16

"Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits" (Romans 12:16).

Dr John Fawcett led a small church at Wainsgate, England for seven years. Though he and his wife laboured diligently, his salary was so meagre that they could scarcely live by it. Then he got a call to a bigger church in London which he accepted. The brethren in the small congregation, though poor, were very faithful and had warm fellowship. As they were loading the wagon that would take them to London, the members came around him to persuade him to stay with them. They were broken in the spirit and then decided to stay with the poor small church. Fawcett sacrificed for the good of the brethren. He later wrote a hymn with this first stanza:

Blest be the tie that binds
Our hearts in Christian love;
The fellowship of kindred minds
Is like to that above.

True love and fellowship is a type of the heavenly congregation. It keeps our hearts inseparable from one another. The love to labour for the salvation of friends, neighbours and foes attracts great blessings now and in eternity. Salvation is the best gift you can offer to others.

Chɑllenge: "Love has no barriers to attaining it's goal"

Prɑyer: "Help me to love others selflessly, Oh God"

Quote: "Sacrifice for the good of the brethren"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Corinthian 13:9-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 2018

FORMED BY GOD AND FOR GOD

"This people have I formed for myself; they shall show forth my praise" (Isaiah 43:21).

In the beginning, God created man in His own image. He made man perfect and free from evils. He wanted man to be like Him in character and life. He also commanded man to have dominion, over and subdue the earth. However, our first parents disobeyed Him and lost the Garden of Eden. They also lost their perfection. "What is Christian perfection? Loving God with all our heart, mind and strength," wrote Andrew Murray. The nation of Israel was chosen to model righteousness to the whole world but they also failed. Then Jesus came to restore all things that sin stole from mankind.

You can regain the lost image of God by accepting the Last Adam, Jesus Christ, into your heart. God wants you to fulfil His purpose for your life. As you yield to His Will, you will discover the beauty and power in His presence. The sinner cannot fit into God's plan. A believing youth is purposed by God to show forth His praises by shining godly character everywhere he goes. You are God's ambassador. Do not betray His confidence in you.

Chɑllenge: "Sin hinders one from fitting into God's plan"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to key into your plans for my life"

Quote: "The sinner cannot fit into God's plan"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Peter 2:5-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, APRIL 29, 2018

POSITIVE CHANGE IN PROGRESS

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18).

A pastor was in a car with a senior colleague from a government organization. They were driving through an expressway in a city of an African country. At a point, the pastor pointed to a direction and excitedly told the senior colleague, "That uncompleted building there is my church". The colleague quipped, "why are many of your churches uncompleted?" The pastor smiled, knowing that the house was already at plastering stage and replied that it would soon be completed. May your projects not remain uncompleted in Jesus' name.

Christ is the process of building His church of which you are a part. For this purpose, He provided pastors and other key ministers for the perfecting of the Saints, "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ." Jesus is our models. The more you look into the mirror of the word of God and pray, the more like Christ you become, changed from glory to glory.

Chɑllenge: "Oh to behold my Lord Jesus, and be like Him"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to look unto Jesus always in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Jesus Christ is in the process of building His Church"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Acts 11:21-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45am On Apr 30, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2018

NO RETALIATION

"Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men" (Romans 12:17).

Retaliation is revenging or harming an offender. Such expressions as, "Tit for tat," "Pay him back in his own coin" or "Do me and I do you," are hate language of retaliation. In Brazil, two men tattooed 'I am a thief' on the forehead of a boy who was accused of stealing a bike, which he denied. Retaliation multiples offences and increases ungodliness. Esau's retaliation against Jacob who deceitfully stole his birthright kept the generation of their children on centuries of war even after Esau and Jacob embraced peace after twenty years of initial separation. The result was that God wiped out the generation of Esau (Edomites) because of their violence against the descendants of Israel (Obadiah 1:10).

Retaliation is condemned in its entirety in the New Testament. Jesus prayed to God to forgive His killers at the point of death. Stephen was stoned to death for preaching the gospel of Jesus but while he was dying he prayed for their forgiveness (Acts 7:60). A Christian youth leaves vengeance to God. Offences are bound to come from friends and foes but the believer forbears to react violently.

Chɑllenge: "Forgive your offenders for Christ's sake"

Prɑyer: "My God, give me grace to forgive and forget in Jesus' name"

Quote: "A Christian youth leaves vengeance to God"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Genesis 45:3-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44am On May 01, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, MAY 01, 2018

A WOMAN IN A MAN'S WORLD

"And while he yet spake with them, Rachel came with her father's sheep: for she kept them" (Genesis 29:9).

Diligence and prudence are not limited to boys. Rachel was a very pretty girl. She had brothers, yet she had her share of duty. She took care of sheep. They were tender animals which she led to graze and water daily. Beauty did not make her weak and indolent. Sheep rearing demanded early rise, care and steadfast watching against predators. She may have heard about the wild animals in the desert, yet she made herself available to labour and support her family. Some girls have performed very well in various professional fields. They are worthy and occupy prominent positions in many countries.

Both men and women can engage in most occupations. Career stereotypes should be deemphasized as we can see from the life of Rachel. Today, there are many female engineers, pilots, painters, and medical doctors. These were roles previously occupied by mainly men. However, we are not preaching feminism here. Any work you can do that does not endanger you physically, spiritually and morally is encouraged. As a Christian youth do profitable business in the fear of God.

Chɑllenge: "There is profit in all righteous labour"

Prɑyer: "Deliver me from indolence, Oh Lord"

Quote: "Do profitable business in the fear of God"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Proverbs 31:10-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, MAY 02, 2018

FORSAKE FRETTING

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass" (Psalm 37:7).

Fretting is the act of being worried or anxious. Rev. Darlow sergeant said, "Worry spoils lives which would otherwise be useful and beautiful." Youths fret about examinations, school fees, choice of course of study, choice of friends, health and admission to institutions of higher learning. Fretting may lead to taking wrong actions and crime. Wrong steps are usually suggested by Satan. However, here is the story of Samuel Morris, a youth who was totally dependent on God after his conversion. He prayed often in faith and he was never disappointed. He desired to go to America and he got there from an African country without money because he went there by a divine call to do God's work.

Believing youths have no cause to fret because they have the name of Jesus to open the store of Heaven to attend to their requests. Jesus is at work every day. He heals, delivers, protects and provides for His own. However, laziness is a disease; God will not do for you what you can do.

Chɑllenge: "Your load is lighter than air in God's hands"

Prɑyer: "Help me oh God, to conquer the sin of fretting in Jesus' name"

Quote: "God will not do for you what you can do"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Genesis 41:13-16, 41, 42

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On May 03, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, MAY 3, 2018

PRAY FOR HELP FOR THE HELPLESS

"Peter therefore was kept in prison; but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him" (Acts 12:5).

The prayer we offer on behalf of other people is called intercessory prayer. According to Gordon cove, "Praying people in the Bible were intercessors. Abraham pleaded for Sodom and Gomorrah. Samuel prayed all night for Saul, and continually interceded for the nation. Daniel prayed for the deliverance of the Lord's people from Babylon." Christians need to pray for one another today, especially those who have serious challenges and the persecuted in difficult environments. In the early church, Peter the apostle was preaching, teaching and healing. When he was arrested and kept in prison to be executed by King Herod, the believers organised prayers for him and he was miraculously released.

Do you know that it is God's will for you to pray for others? All those helping us in one way or the other deserve our prayers. They are humans who are tempted like we are. Take time today to pray for your parents, church leaders, and your country's rulers for peace, security and progress.

Chɑllenge: "The success of your helpers is for your good"

Prɑyer: "Lord, let there be peace in my country, in the name of Jesus Christ"

Quote: "Christians need to pray for one another today"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Timothy 2:1-6

A Standard warm & rich Devotional time with God of 1 hour 15mins (1¼hr) daily may follow this order:

�Opening Prayer - 3mins
�Praise/worship - 7mins
�Intercessory Prayer - 10mins
�Devotional Study/inspired note-taking/meditation - 30mins
�Hymns/song based on devotional topic - 10mins
�Prayer based on devotional lessons - 5 mins
�Prayer of Petition - 5mins
�Closing Prayer/Benediction - 5mins

May you be blessed abundantly, renewed in knowledge, wisdom & refilled in the spirit-man richly as you spent quality time in deep devotional hour to read, study, meditate, pray & receive from God & His WORDS daily in Jesus name. Amen!

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, MAY 4, 2018

SECURING SAFETY

"Hold Thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually" (Psalm 119:117).

A train conductor had mistaken a drama actor for a terrorist when he heard him reciting 'gun' and 'weapon' from a toilet on board a high-speed train travelling to France. This is the state of fear everywhere today. Security and safety are becoming daily headlines in news and world conferences. Safety desires are not only about arms control, but also health and spiritual protection are all desirable for long life. The world leaders are contending with air and water pollution, including natural disasters like flooding and earthquakes. Many of these are beyond human control.

The psalmist, king David, had a lot of security problem and he almost gave up hope of his survival. He told Jonathan at a time, "there is but a step between me and death" (1 Samuel 20:3). In our text, he reveals His secret of securing his safety. God was his helper from his youth. He preserved him to his old age. You can trust in the same Jehovah God for safety. First, trust him to escape sin through genuine repentance by giving your life to Christ then anchor your life in His safety.

Chɑllenge: "Your safety is of the Lord"

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me safe from sin and harm in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Trust in the same Jehovah God for safety"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 23:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54am On May 06, 2018
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On May 07, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, MAY 06, 2018

HER ASSET WAS OIL

"And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil" (2 Kings 4:2).

A songwriter said "little is much when God is in it." The song rightly fits the story of the woman in our text. She had two sons to cater for alone because her husband was dead. He also left debts which the creditor wanted her to settle otherwise her two sons would be seized from her to labour to pay the money. It was a very pitiful situation. As a child of God, she cried to prophet Elisha who prophesied on her only asset - a pot of oil. She obeyed the prophet and got a miracle of divine multiplication; the debt was paid. There was also a left - over for a better life.

Your family may be like these boys.' Bills are piled up, no hope for school fees and money for adequate meals. Are there other challenges? As a child of God, you have a greater prophet than Elisha, who is Jesus Christ. What is your asset? Pray in faith and He will bless it to meet your needs. You may also call on your local pastor to pray for your family.

Chɑllenge: "If you ask in faith you will receive."

Prɑyer: "Lord, remove indebtedness and poverty from my family."

Quote: "What is your asset?"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Kings 4:3-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, MAY 07, 2018

GOD STILL GUIDES

"Moreover Thou leddest them in the day by a cloudy pillar; and in the night by a pillar of fire, to give them light in the way wherein they should go" (Nehemiah 9:12).

The journey of this life is full of daily decision making. Some are so important but confusing that they require God's guidance. Oswald J. Smith gave this counsel on God's guidance, "Oh, beloved, faint not when doors are shut. For if you are in God's will, He will Himself unlock the bars and let you in, or else He will keep the doors closed and later lead you in another direction. Pray and wait. Fret not nor complain. The spirit knows God's purpose. You have received him; He is your leader, your Guide, and He never errs. The vision will come at last." When Israel journeyed from Egypt through the wilderness to Cannan, God guided them with a pillar of fire by night and a pillar of cloud by day.

The world today is a spiritual wilderness where many roads are open. As a youth who has accepted Jesus as personal Saviour, He will guide you in all your ways. He may guide you by dreams, visions, inner peace/restraint; or by His Word impressed upon your heart. If you desire guidance from God, then pray.

Chɑllenge: "He that holds the Bible as a guide shall not be lost."

Prɑyer: "Lord, I want to enjoy your daily guide."

Quote: "If you desire guidance from God, then pray."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Acts 16:6-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:37am On May 08, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY MAY 8, 2018

NEVER OUTGROW OBEDIENCE

"Esther had not yet showed her kindred nor her people; as Mordecai had charged her: for Esther did the commandment of Mordecai, like as when she was brought up with him" (Esther 2:20).

Obedience is a key virtue that we must manifest as we develop and grow from childhood to adulthood. In our relationship with God, in particular, we cannot do without obedience. Quarles declared, "Let the ground of all religious actions be obedience, examine not why it is commanded, but observe it because it is commanded. True obedience neither procrastinates nor questions." This is the secret of Esther's success. She was fully obedient to her guardian cousin, Mordecai. Mordecai was a mere guard at the king's gate. But Esther became a national figure, a Queen. However, she did not disregard his godly counsels.

As a youth, your body development that makes you resemble an adult does not really make you wise enough to make the decisions without the guidance of elders. No matter the knowledge you have acquired through information technology and school education, be humble and obey your parents in all godly matters. The tendency to separate from your parents and elders may arise in you. It is the pathway to damnation. God's command to children that a blessing is attached to is obedience to parents.

Chɑllenge: "Homes and nations collapse where there is no regard for obedience."

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me obedient and submissive to godly counsels."

Quote: "Obedience is a key virtue that we must manifest."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Luke 15:13-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07am On May 09, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, MAY 09, 2018

SUFFER AND REIGN WITH HIM

"If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us" (2 Timothy 2:12).

John Scott declared that "The fact of suffering undoubtedly constitutes the single greatest challenge to the Christian faith." The world is increasing in hostility against Christians. Our Lord too was persecuted and rejected to the point of death on the cross. He had foretold His followers that the world would persecute them and deny them of their rights and privileges, just for their obedience to God's word and life of righteousness.

Apostle Paul, who equally suffered a lot of persecution for preaching the gospel of Christ in his lifetime, gave this counsel to all Christians: "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12). For Christian youths, persecution may come because of their refusal to join their mates to cheat during exams, rejecting entreaties from friends to sin, sharing the gospel to unbelieving teachers, and preferring to obey God than human sinful commands. Jesus expects us to prayerfully endure such persecutions to the end so that we can reign together with Him in His eternal kingdom.

Chɑllenge: "Righteous suffering for Christ's sake leads to eternal bliss of rest."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to endure all sufferings for you to the end."

Quote: "The world is increasing in hostility against Christians."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 2 Timothy 2:8, 9, 12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2018

RECALLED TO LIFE

"And when He thus had spoken, He cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth" (John 11:43).

Marilyn Hickey said, "When Satan tempted the very first man, Adam, to sin, his goal was to bring forth death. There are actually three kinds of death: Spiritual, physical and eternal." A lot of people pass away daily globally. In our text today, we bear witness to the raising of decomposing Lazarus from the dead after four days in the grave. The miracle seemed impossible to everybody around, but the countless incredible acts of God and the declaration in His word show that all things are possible with Him.

The death of Lazarus symbolises all kinds of death and hopelessness. There are many people that are dead in trespasses and sins. There are youths that have become slaves to alcohol, lying, cheating, stealing, fighting, immorality, cultism, sickness, etc. These are agents of death. Are you in bondage of sin? Are you weighed down by sickness thinking all hope is lost? Jesus is still alive to give life to the dead spiritually and physically and to heal the sick and bring hope to the discouraged. Invite Him into your situation now.

Chɑllenge: "All sinners are dead; only Jesus can give them life."

Prɑyer: "Almighty God, glorify Yourself in all my conditions in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Jesus is still alive to give life to the dead."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: John 11:20-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, MAY 11, 2018

TRUST IN GOD EVERY TIME - 1

"In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; you people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us" (Psalm 62:7,8 KJV).

A pupil raised up her hand on the assembly ground after the principal had ordered all the pupils to bring their school fees the following day.

"What do you have to say, little girl?
The principal asked.

" Ma," the little girl continued,
"I trust my dad. He will give me the money and I will surely bring it tomorrow. He always buys whatever he promises me and last night he told me he would always be there for me."

The principal gazed at the girl and nodded her head. The message was clear. The little girl would always trust her father for everything because she knew he would never disappoint her. If a child could trust his earthly father so much, how much more should we trust God who can do more for us than what we can ever imagine? They trusted the unfailing and ever faithful God that He would deliver them from the fiery furnace of Nebuchadnezzar. And truly, He did. Learn to put your trust in God at all times as king David counsels us in our Bible text today.

Chɑllenge: "Trust in God even when all seems impossible."

Prɑyer: "Lord help me to have faith in you and trust you completely."

Quote: "Learn to put your trust in God."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 37:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2018

TRUST IN GOD EVERY TIME - 2

"The God of my rock; in Him will I trust: He is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my Saviour; Thou savest me from violence" (2 Samuel 22:3).

God is our Creator. He created us to serve Him here on earth as angels serve Him in heaven. He is our Redeemer. His Son paid the Supreme sacrifice for our redemption. There is nobody we can trust like our Creator and Redeemer. In the midst of challenges in the world, He is the only One we can reliably depend upon.

David declared his absolute trust in God. Why did he admonish us to trust God at all times? It is because God is unfailing, Unconquerable, unchanging, faithful, trustworthy and truthful, to mention but a few among His virtues. He alone delivered David from the mouth of lions and from king Saul and Goliath. Apostle Paul too affirmed his unshakable trust in Him: "Who delivered us from so great a death and doth deliver: in whom we trust that He will yet deliver us" (2 Corinthians 1:9,10). Beloved in Christ, keep on trusting Him, He is able to deliver you from your challenges. No one that depends on God ever encounters disappointment. God is a sure refuge for His own.

Chɑllenge: "Never give up on your problem; keep trusting God for solution."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to always trust you."

Quote: "God is unfailing, Unconquerable, unchanging."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 91:1-9

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12am On May 13, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, MAY 13, 2018

AT PEACE WITH ALL

"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men" (Romans 12:18).

Many people wonder whether it is possible to live peacefully with all people in this terrible world. They reason so because the present world is full of trouble-shooters. If they are not fighting you directly, they may be instigating somebody against you.

But why do people hate and do evil to others? The simple answer the Bible gives is that they are being controlled by the spirit of satan, the god of this world. That is why you see some youths violent, destructive, fighting and quarrelling, causing sorrows for others, It is because the Prince of peace, Jesus Christ, is not ruling their lives.

If you are truly born again it will not be difficult for you to live in peace and make peace with all kinds of people, even when they hurt you. Giving your life to Christ is a unique experience. He will transmit His peaceful character into your life. Accept Him as your Lord and personal Saviour now. Pray that God should sanctify your heart. Sanctification experience helps one to live in peace with all men.

Chɑllenge: "Be a trouble shooter and not a trouble maker."

Prɑyer: "God grant me the grace to be at peace with everyone, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Sanctification experience helps to live in peace with all men."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 12:14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, MAY 14, 2018

ACCEPT GOOD ADVICE

"Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war" (Proverbs 20:18).

The topic for meditation this morning suggests that not all advice is good and helpful. This is the very reason why, as a youth, you must be very careful of the type of people that advice you. Rehoboam, the first son of King Solomon that succeeded him as king over Israel, made a terrible blunder by seeking counsel of his ungodly peers. He discarded the counsel of the godly old people and lost ten out of the twelve tribes of Israel to his enemy. This was why Lord chesterfield said, "Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most like it the least."

Today's text emphasizes the importance of seeking advice from God fearing people. Good counsels lead to success and victory, while bad or foolish advice leads to failure and defeat. The Holy Bible is a compilation of God's counsel to man. Read it and obey its counsels that cover all areas of human life. But you must become a child of God for Him to speak to you through His Word. Surrender your life to JESUS today.

Chɑllenge: "Who is your counsellor?"

Prɑyer: "Fill me with grace to obey you, oh LORD."

Quote: "Good counsels lead to success and victory."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 Kings 12:6-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:25am On May 15, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2018

HAVE YOU CALLED YOUR HELPER?

"My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:2).

Some thousand years ago, king Hezekiah was troubled and downcast because the king of Assyria sent a letter to him to prepare for war. His weak army should dare not confront the boastful and powerful king of Assyria, his adversary, with his great army. In that perplexity, he remembered the helper of the helpless, the Lord God Almighty, and the Mighty One in battle. He spread the enemy's letter before God and called for his help. The Lord answered and wiped out his dreadful enemies.

What are you passing through? Is there any situation in your life that makes you sad and fearful? Any challenge such as failure, lack, sickness or problem of gaining admission to an institution of higher learning? In his trouble, king David made up his mind: "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:2). The same God that saw him through is ever present in times of trouble.

Chɑllenge: "Learn to take your problems to God in prayer"

Prɑyer: "Deliver me, oh God, from all troubles in Jesus' name."

Quote: "My help cometh from the LORD."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 121:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, MAY 16, 2018

PARENTAL INSTRUCTION

"A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent" (Proverbs 15:5).

An African proverb says when a child is cutting a tree, the elders know the direction the tree will fall. Our parents give us counsels and instructions based on their experiences in life. They knew the painful and regretful stories of disobedient children in the past. Hence C. H. Spurgeon cried out, "O fathers and mothers, the ruin of your children or their salvation, will, under God, very much depend on you." Therefore, youths must give heed to godly advice and corrections from their parents, teachers, spiritual leaders and elders for them to succeed and soar like eagles.

Our Bible text above teaches us the importance of parental instruction and obedience to parental advice by children for their own good. God testified of Abraham as a good family man and disciplinarian: "For I know him that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD....." (Genesis 18:19). His son, Isaac, submitted himself to his correction and it was well with him.

Chɑllenge: "Neglect of parental guidance is an invitation to regret"

Prɑyer: "Father, make me an Obedient child."

Quote: "Youths must give heed to godly advice and corrections."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 12:5-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47am On May 17, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, MAY 17, 2018

FLEE HELL FIRE

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched" (Mark 9:43).

A man of God said, "No price is too high to pay if one wants to escape hell. Those who for one reason or the other fail to overcome will regret eternally in hell. Hell fire is not a fable; it is as real as your family home, school, city or country. Hell fire is a place of eternal torments, agony, weeping, sorrow and regret. Satan runs all over the world to woo and win children, youths and adults with all kinds of attractive offers so that they can suffer together with him in hell fire. He has already won many.

However, God has made a way of escape for man. Jesus Christ is the way to heaven. He died and shed His blood on the cross for your sins to be forgiven in order to escape eternity in hell with Satan. If you are a sinner, why not confess your sins to God now, ask for mercy and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour? If you do so, God will pardon you and give the power to live a holy life.

Chɑllenge: "Choose Christ, the life and live forever in heaven"

Prɑyer: "My God, help me to escape hell fire in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Heaven instead of hell, can be your eternal destination."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Mark 9:42-48

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51am On May 18, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2018

FINAL JUDGMENT

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15).

Few years ago, in Lebanon, a nominal Christian militia was sentenced to life imprisonment with hard labour for murdering one of his political opponents and his wife. The law of the land caught up with him for the act of wickedness. He was not allowed to appeal against this sentence. The severity and finality of a sentence like this is a reminder of God's determined judgment against all the unrepentant sinners. In other words, the final hand of judgment looms over youths and all that reject the offer of free salvation.

All glory be to God for His love to mankind. He has perfected the plan of our redemption through the shedding of His blood. There is only one route of escape from the judgment of God. It is JESUS, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Repent of your sins, forsake them and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour to escape hell.

Chɑllenge: "It is painful to fall into the dreadful judgment of God"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me not to deceive myself again."

Quote: "Youths must give heed to godly advice and corrections."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Revelation 20:11-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43am On May 19, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY MAY 19, 2018

ASK AND RECEIVE
TEXT: JOHN 16:24-28

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:24).

God owns all things, whether in heaven or on earth, whether spiritual or physical. Above all, there is nothing that is impossible for Him to do. He can create something out of nothing as He created this world. According to Billy Sunday; "We have a God who delights in impossibilities."

Today's Bible text shows that God has abundance of treasures from which we can take all we need. We need not cry or fret because of challenges. Jesus says we should ask in His name. God is ever ready to abundantly supply our needs so that we can rejoice and give Him the glory.

A-S-K means pray to God. A. S. K. means Ask, Seek and Knock at heaven's gate. The name of Jesus is the key to God's treasures. This means that you must accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour to use His name. Dear reader, if you have not done so, you can repent of all your sins now and surrender your life to Him. Then, you can be sure God will answer you as you present your needs to Him in faith.

Chɑllenge: "After prayer wait patiently for the answer."

Prɑyer: "Let my prayer ascend to thy throne, o Lord."

Quote: "A. S. K. means, Ask, Seek and knock at heaven's gate."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Matthew 7:7-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07pm On May 20, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, MAY 20, 2018

CERTAINTY OF JUDGMENT

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

Many live as if this world has no end. They live as if they will live forever on earth. They live to disobey God. They take delight in evil. Among such people are those who do not believe in hellfire. They do not believe in the final day of accountability or judgment in which all who died in sins will be condemned into eternal hellfire.

The Bible text of today states the certainty of death and judgment after death. Death is a debt that we all owe. Death is certain for all. The great question that is to be answered by everyone is: "When I die, where will l spend eternity? Will I be received into heaven of Joy or be condemned into eternal Lake of sorrow?" The instructive lesson is that the way we live our lives on earth will determine where we will spend our eternity after death. Remember, both children and adults are dying daily. God has a record of every sin committed by everyone. Are you living in sin? The moment a sinner dies, he/she is condemned to hell.

Chɑllenge: "There will be true justice on the Final Judgment Day."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from hellish practices."

Quote: "When I die. where will I spend eternity?"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Revelation 20:11-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY MAY 21, 2018

DANGER OF EX-DISCIPLESHIP

"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who had trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Hebrews 10:29)

An ex-disciple is someone who had been in the faith but turned away from righteousness into evil and sin. There is no middle ground in the Kingdom of God. It is either you are righteous or you are unrighteous; it is either you are in the light or you are in darkness; it is either you are a child of God or you belong to satan.

An ex-disciple started as a backslider. He became lukewarm and cold about the things of the Lord. He went back into sin and refused to repent and come back to the Lord. Eventually, he dropped his faith in Christ and began to deceive, mock and persecute the children of God. He joined others to spread errors to mislead God's children. The Bible describes such a person as an apostate. An ex-disciple loses the protection he enjoys from Christ. He is rejected by God. He is open to attack from satan. God has reserved a sorer punishment for him. Beloved, identify and run away from ex-disciples lest they damn your soul.

Chɑllenge: "Do not think of backsliding, it is dangerous."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from the snares of ex-disciples."

Quote: "Run away from ex-disciples."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Hebrews 10:26-31

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50pm On May 22, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2018

GOD'S PROMISES TO GUIDE

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye" (Psalm 32:8 KJV).

Only God is worthy of giving these promises in today's Bible text. Hallelujah! This is beautiful. S. D. Gordon said, "it's safe to trust God's methods, and to go by His clock." God is perfect in knowledge and is the all - wise God. He can never err and He knows the best route to take in all situations of life. He is always around to guide and protect His children.

How does one qualify to enjoy these promises of God for His children? A sinning youth should strive first to be adopted into the family of God by confessing his sins: lying, fighting, pilfering, disobedience, etc. And renouncing them. He must surrender his life to Christ to daily enjoy the promises. For the youths already in God's family, they need to remain faithful and obedient to God and daily commit their ways to Him for guidance and leading. Those who follow God's instructions and guidance are always successful in their undertakings. Allow God to guide you in all your ways and choices.

Chɑllenge: "The trick of good success is to allow God to guide us."

Prɑyer: "Guide me, O Lord Jehovah."

Quote: "It's safe to trust God's methods."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Psalm 25: 8-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY MAY 23, 2018

THAT SECRET DEAL IS NO SECRET
TEXT: Acts 5:1-11

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?" (Acts 5:3).

Some car thieves snatched a car from its owner at gunpoint in Abuja, the Nigerian capital city, and drove away for hours, happy with their escapade. Unknown to them, there was a tracker in the car which enabled the police to trail and arrest them in Benin City. By means of modern technology, their secret deal was after all not secret.

There is no such thing as a secret because God knows and sees everything. Trying to keep a secret from God is like running away from your shadow. Ananias and Saphira did not know that God saw and heard them when they agreed to lie to Apostle Peter, their leader. Your pastor, parents or teachers may not see you when you sin but God sees and records everything. "Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do" (Hebrew 4:13). The only way out is to confess our sins before God.

Chɑllenge: "Nothing is hidden from God."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to avoid hiding anything from you."

Quote: "God knows and sees everything."

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: Isaiah 40:27, 28

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On May 24, 2018
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY MAY 24, 2018

A SINNER IS A SERVANT
TEXT: Acts 5:1-11

"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin" (John 8:34).

A soul winner recounted his experience with a drunkard. Though the young man had been working for many years, he had nothing to show for it. No good clothes. No good accommodation. He collected good monthly salary as a university graduate, but began to borrow to survive soon after he received his salary at month end. "What do you do with your wages?" the soul winner enquired. "I spend all on liquor. I can't do without it. Until I spend every dime on me in brothels, my soul will know no peace," the drunkard replied.

The story rightly illustrates the plight of every sin addict in the text above. A sinner is a slave to sin just as the young man was a slave to liquor. Sinners are servants of sin and Satan. "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8b). Are you addicted to any kind of sin? Surrender your life to Christ now. He alone can set the captive free.

Chɑllenge: "Run to the cross of Calvary to rid yourself of all sins."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, may sin not enslave me, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Are you addicted to any kind of sin?"

Bible Reɑding in one Yeɑr: 1 John 3:4-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by Prumartmedical: 9:45pm On May 24, 2018
Do you want to know God more and do you want to learn more about Kingdom Principles. Please click on the link below to get added to our Whatsapp group: Whatsapp for Christ.
You can contact/whatsapp me on +27630083342 to manually add you.
God bless you.

https:///4L9DyVtzUGQE7zQOhhDMN8

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (111) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.