Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts (1376835 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

So you agree with the article that the wonderful ANGEL in judges 13 is Christ Jesus ?

It is obvious if you study the Scriptures as today's devotional admonishes.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Jozzy4: 12:39am On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It is obvious if you study the Scriptures as today's devotional admonishes.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15).

Brother , do you agree with the article that Christ is the wonderful ANGEL in judges 13 ?
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49am On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Brother , do you agree with the article that Christ is the wonderful ANGEL in judges 13 ?

Yes, and my question to you in turn is: Do you understand the article I posted? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Jozzy4: 2:07am On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, and my question to you in turn is: Do you understand the article I posted? undecided

I understand, your " Yes" answer make me understand that scripture refer to Christ as an ANGEL .
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

I understand, your " Yes" answer make me understand that scripture refer to Christ as an ANGEL .

Click on these threads for more understanding. ==>https://www.nairaland.com/531625/evidence-deity-christ

https://www.nairaland.com/1997801/what-hypostatic-union-how-jesus
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, 2015

JONAH’S JOURNEY

"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart" (Psalms 40:8.).

According to Dr J.R. Miller, "it is easier to do that which God gives us to do, no matter how hard it is, than to face the responsibilities of not doing it." Jonah learnt this the hard way. His spiritual journey typifies foot-dragging obedience to God’s commandments. Having received God’s mandate to go and preach the Word in Nineveh, Jonah went his own way, but God mercifully gave him a second chance before he obeyed. His simple message '…Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.' (Jonah 3:3), led to repentance and God’s forgiveness of the Ninevites.

God demands prompt obedience to His commandments from you. Do you obey God promptly? [If not] God wants you to be saved and has given you numerous opportunities but you have continued in your sins of examination malpractice, immorality, internet fraud and other ungodly lifestyles. Confess your sins now and God will forgive and save you. Thereafter, you will delight to obey God without questioning and He will bless you beyond your imagination.

Challenge: "Give your life to Christ and receive grace to obey God"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, make me willing to obey your word"

Quote: "Delight to obey God"

Further Reading: Jonah 1: 1-3; 3: 1-10

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Jozzy4: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Click on these threads for more understanding. ==>https://www.nairaland.com/531625/evidence-deity-christ

https://www.nairaland.com/1997801/what-hypostatic-union-how-jesus

Bro , you have prove it with scripture that Jesus is an ANGEL , yet scripture said all angels are Created , so since Scripture identify Christ is an Angel , He Is Created ! ( psalm 148: 2,5) .
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Bro , you have prove it with scripture that Jesus is an ANGEL , yet scripture said all angels are Created , so since Scripture identify Christ is an Angel , He Is Created ! ( psalm 148: 2,5) .

The mystery of godliness is hidden from those whose minds are already made up and do not want to be confronted with the knowledge of truth.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Jozzy4: 3:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The mystery of godliness is hidden from those whose minds are already made up and do not want to be confronted with the knowledge of truth.

Brother , am happy that you reveal it to me that Christ is an ANGEL , as shown in judges 13;

Am also happy that scripture reveal to me that all ANGELS are Created ( ps 148:2,5)

Its very clear .
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Brother , am happy that you reveal it to me that Christ is an ANGEL , as shown in judges 13;

Am also happy that scripture reveal to me that all ANGELS are Created ( ps 148:2,5)

Its very clear .

Test yourself in this thread to see whether you've been sold the wrong 'Jesus'. ==> https://www.nairaland.com/2447483/test-true-jesus
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Jozzy4: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Test yourself in this thread to see whether you've been sold the wrong 'Jesus'. ==> https://www.nairaland.com/2447483/test-true-jesus

Nd what differentiate you from the Jehovah Witnesses you are discriminating against , they say Jesus Is Micheal the arch - angel .. You OLAADEGBU also say Christ is Angel ( judges 13 ) undecided . Brother u support them .

Infact let the few Jehovahs Witnesses I knew on this forum read our discussion and see if I Lied , cc : a guy called Canticles , JMAN05 , dolphinheart , truthislight , and a lady called Mznelly . Pls you guys should come and see if OLAADEGBU from his comments on judges 13 support you or not .
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by dolphinheart(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
Jozzy4:

Nd what differentiate you from the Jehovah Witnesses you are discriminating against , they say Jesus Is Micheal the arch - angel .. You OLAADEGBU also say Christ is Angel ( judges 13 ) undecided . Brother u support them .

Infact let the few Jehovahs Witnesses I knew on this forum read our discussion and see if I Lied , cc : a guy called Canticles , JMAN05 , dolphinheart , truthislight , and a lady called Mznelly . Pls you guys should come and see if OLAADEGBU from his comments on judges 13 support you or not .

Don't think it will do any good, he will either change the definition of angel, non bible based words such as theophany and hypo-something- something or simply leave the thread to open another one.
And if ur questioning is too deep, expect the answer to be " its a mystery!!!".

If olaadegbu wants to reply my post, let him add his answer to this questions:1. what do you understand by pauls statement in 1 corinthians chapter 10 verse 1 -4 .?
2.what did God call that spirit in charge of the isrealites in the wilderness? .
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, AUGUST 2, 2015

HAPPINESS IN THE LORD

"But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" (1 Peter 4:13).

In his definition, psychiatrist Thomas Szasz says, "Happiness is an imaginary condition, formerly attributed by the living to the dead, now usually attributed by adults to children and by children to adults." A fascinating study on the principle of the Golden Rule was conducted by Bernard Rimland, director of the Institute for Child Behaviour Research. Happy people not only help others but are also unselfish, and their activities are devoted to making others happy. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

You may ask what really makes people happy and satisfied with their lives. Amazingly, the secret lies in trust and obedience to God and His Word. It also lies in your ability to handle life's challenges without blame or bitterness. One major source of happiness is to get saved at this stage of your life. Make it a habit to always rejoice in the Lord.

Challenge: "When you are selfish, you can hardly be happy"

Prayer: "O Lord, make me a happy and unselfish person"

Quote: "Make it a habit"

Further Reading: Colossians 3:8; James 1:19

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Aug 03, 2015
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, AUGUST 3, 2015

RECIPROCAL LOVE

"So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses" (Job 42:12).

Two Stanford University boys whose funds got desperately low had an idea to engage a pianist for a recital so as to use the funds to pay their tuition. The great pianist's manager asked for a guarantee of $2,000, to which term the boys agreed. But they later found that they had grossed only $1,600, which they gave the artist, along with a promissory note for $400. The pianist decided to return the money to them. One of the boys, who was now in charge of the US Food and Relief Bureau, offered to help the artist, now premier of Poland, whose people were starving after World War I. When you love and do good to others, repayment for your good gesture may not come immediately. As Romans 8:35 says, let nothing – tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, unclothedness, peril, or sword - separate you from the Love of Christ.

Challenge: "Loving and doing good is a command from God"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to cleave to love and that which is good"

Quote: "Jesus loves you"

Further Reading: Romans 8:35

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2015

LASTING LAUGHTER

"Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them" (Psalm 126:2).

People sing or laugh for various reasons. While some do so to ridicule or mock at people, many do it to express joy, happiness or pleasure with others. A lovely or joyful laughter comes from hearing or sharing some pleasant information or experiences with people you love. A lovely laughter is good for personal health. This was why Orison Swett Marden said, “If only people knew the medicinal power of laughter, of good cheer…half the physicians would be out of work.” Do away with your gloomy look and laugh always, because laugher reduces blood pressure.

When they were in captivity, the children of Israel lost joy and could not sing the songs of Zion. But, when God set them free, laughter and singing came into their camp again. If the devil has stolen your joy and laughter, remember that Christ came to give you abundant life. Turn to Him now and receive grace to be happy.

Challenge: "Making peace with God is a key to joy and lovely laughter"

Prayer: "Help me, oh God to spread cheer and lovely laughter around me"

Quote: "Sing the songs of Zion"

Further Reading: Psalm 137:1 - 4, 126:1 - 3

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Aug 05, 2015
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2015

MAKE YOUR MARK

"And the women answered one another as they played, and said, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands" (1 Samuel 18: 7).

Everybody can make their mark by achieving recognition or success in a particular field of endeavour such as science, law, business or medicine. After working as a door-to-door salesman, Baron Marcel Bich joined an office equipment firm. He worked on Lazlo Biro’s theory of ball point pen. Biro, the Hungarian, invented the theory, but it was Bich who perfected it, building the Bic Company in 1950. The Bic pen is used all over the world today. Bich made his mark and died in 1994.

David made his mark when he killed the boastful Goliath by faith and courage. He later became a faithful shepherd - King of Israel - and God called him a man after His own heart. You too can get a recognition or success greater than that today, if you walk closely with God. Use your own God-given gifts and you will make your mark. Thirst after heaven and God will use you to His glory.

Challenge: "Success is achieved by those who try"

Prayer: "O God, reveal to me where I am gifted!"

Quote: "God will use you"

Further Reading: Proverbs 22: 29

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, AUGUST 6, 2015

TRADING WITH YOUR TALENT

"Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents" (Matthew 25:16).

Everyone born into the world is a bundle of talents or gifts. These must be diligently and faithfully used to God’s glory and the good of mankind. Louis Pasteur, the talented scientist, studied Physics and Chemistry in Paris. He later became a professor of Chemistry. It was he who discovered that bacteria caused many diseases and deaths. This led to the production of antibiotics and other medicines that cure disease. He discovered vaccines against diseases, such as rabies. He used his gifts to the benefit of humanity. The world today is also plagued with a spiritual disease called sin. Jesus is God’s solution to the sin problem. You must preach Him to the whole world to cure it and stop the spread. Remember, “Occupy till I come.” If you fail to trade with your talents, you will at last give account to God. Where ever you may be, use your talents to save souls.

Challenge: "Great talent without will-power and hard work is a waste"

Prayer: "My God, help me to use my talents well.Challenge!"

Quote: "You will at last give account to God"

Further Reading: Proverbs 6: 6-11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
smiley
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23, 2016

PRICE OF PEARL

"Again, the Kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it" (Matthew 13: 45, 46).

A pearl is a gem or precious stone cut and polished for use as jewellery or decoration. It is somebody or something highly valued or esteemed.
Some parents name their children Pearl because they regard them so dear to their hearts. The kingdom of God is more precious than anything we can imagine and we should do all we can to enter.

A young man was once invited to a Christian fellowship by a colleague. The preacher preached a great message that could lead any sinner to repentance. As they went home at close of meeting, the colleague asked his invitee of his impression of the message and his reply was, "He is a fine speaker." Oratory was his concern and not how to gain eternal life. It was some years later that he got born again in the university.

How precious is God's Kingdom to you?

Challenge: "The kingdom of God is more precious than anything"

Prayer: "O God, help me to make your Kingdom"

Quote: "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God"

Further Reading: Matthew 6:33

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2016

UNSOILED GARMENT

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. And he answered and spake before those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garment from him..." (Zechariah 3: 3, 4a).

God wants every child of His to have clean hands and a pure heart (Psalm 24: 3, 4). This means that we should be clean within and without-no impure thoughts and motives or sinful acts. These are the people that have unsoiled garments or white linen, who can have easy access to God's presence.

A hymn writer puts it this way: "Called unto holiness, children of light, Walking with Jesus in garments of white; Raiment unsullied nor tarnished with sin, God's Holy Spirit abiding within." This is a glorious experience which we can get only by a cleansing in the blood of Jesus.

A Christian who goes into sin has soiled garments. That was why the filthy garments of the high priest, Joshua, had to be taken away from him to enjoy the Divine presence. Ensure you are saved and take time to be holy.

Challenge: "No fellowship with God in soiled garments"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to stay holy"

Quote: "Take time to be holy"

Further Reading: Isaiah 6:1 - 8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, MARCH 27, 2016

PRECIOUS POSSESSION

"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16: 31).

In the world of today, when you ask many people about a precious possession, what will readily be mentioned are: academic certificates, creative works, expensive cars, plots of land in choice parts of the city, jewelries and the latest dresses. These are physical things which people can see and by which they can evaluate us. The body is another precious possession; we do all we can to keep healthy, clean and beautiful.

However, Jesus Christ said, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6: 33). Hence C.S. Lewis wrote, "The salvation of a single soul is more important than the production or preservation of all the epics and tragedies in the world."

Salvation is the passport to God's kingdom. Jesus gives it freely. Have you received it? If you have, please, keep it.

Challenge: "Treasure your salvation; it is your birthright"

Prayer: "Lord, enable me to keep my salvation experience"

Quote: "Salvation…is a precious possession"

Further Reading: Luke 15:10

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, MARCH 29, 2016

COMMISSION KEEPER

"And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen" (Mark 16:20).

A commission is a task given to a person or a group. When God called and commissioned Jeremiah a prophet unto the nations, He told him the nature of work he was to do, "See I have this day set thee over the nations and over the Kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant" (Jeremiah 1: 10).

Though the young prophet was shocked when he got the commission and protested that he could not speak because he was a 'child', he eventually obeyed. He suffered persecution while carrying out the task, but God preserved him and he fulfilled his ordained destiny.

Before going to heaven, Jesus gave His disciples the Great Commission (to preach the Gospel to all nations). They kept the commission with zeal and excellent results, and it is now our turn to do so.

Challenge: "Our gospel preaching must be in the power of the Holy Ghost"

Prayer: "Lord, give me grace to obey the Great Commission"

Quote: "Preach the gospel to all nations"

Further Reading: Mark 16:15 - 20

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, 2016

EQUIPPED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand" (Ephesians 6: 13).

Joseph was a mere boy when God began to reveal to him through dreams his destiny. When he left Canaan for Egypt, God had not given the Ten Commandments to Israel. However, Joseph had learnt enough from his parents about God to equip him for a righteous life in Egypt.

According to Keith Provance, "Who God calls, He equips. Who He equips, He anoints to do the job." Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego equally showed special traits of God’s children in Babylon. They would not eat the portion of the king's meat or bow down to the golden image of Nebuchadnezzar. They stood for God and righteousness in a sinful environment.

Remember, if you are a Christian, you are also called. You must allow Christ shine through you by righteous living. When you put on the whole armour of God, no temptation can floor you.

Challenge: "Praying and hearing God’s Word equips us for righteousness"

Prayer: "Equip me for righteousness, oh God!"

Quote: "Who God calls, He equips"

Further Reading: Ephesians 6:11 - 18

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2016

PRAYERFUL PURSUIT

"And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after the troop? Shall I overtake them? And He answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and recover all" (1 Samuel 30: 8 ).

We ought to commit all our life's pursuits into the hands of God for good success, be they big or small. Many fail in life's battles because they fail to pray. According to Samuel Chadwick, "The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray."

David was known to be courageous, skillful and a man after God's own heart, yet he hardly did anything without praying. That was the secret ingredient in his success streak. Our text of today proves that.

As God's child, you have to take the burdens of your heart to Him in prayers. If Nehemiah prayed to overcome discouragement in rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem, and if our Lord Jesus Christ and the early Church prayed for success in ministry, why worry when you can pray?

Challenge: "Prayer must carry on our work, as well as preaching"

Prayer: "Help me to pray, oh God!"

Quote: "Why worry when you can pray?"

Further Reading: Acts 6:1 - 4

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2016

LOG ON TO SUCCESS

"And the LORD shall make you the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only; and thou shalt not be beneath..." (Deuteronomy 28:13).

In the information communication technology age, people log on to various internet sites for information on all spheres of life. Many a youth in order get rich quick, has logged on to sites which not only corrupt good morals but also cause them to veer off their worthy educational and career paths.

However there are many internet sites with useful information for success; search for them. Do not make haste to succeed. According to Joseph Ross, "It takes time to succeed because success is a natural reward of taking time to do anything well."

Log on to success by getting adequate information; by diligence, perseverance, obedience to God, and prayers. David was born without a silver spoon but was a success; so were: Isaac, Joseph, Bezaleel and Samuel. You too can succeed.

Challenge: "Success is not magic"

Prayer: "Almighty God! Empower me for success"

Quote: "You too can succeed"

Further Reading: Joshua 1:8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, APRIL 5, 2016

MINING FOR WISDOM

"If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures" (Proverbs 2: 4).

Miners dig hard and deep for expensive mineral pearls. They know their worth hence they are not discouraged at the labour cost. Our text today compares search for wisdom as for hid treasures. Wisdom is the right application of knowledge. It is righteous use of what you know.
Therefore reading and studying for knowledge does not necessarily make one wise except it is properly applied.

Our Lord Jesus is wisdom personified. The search to know more about Jesus will make you wise indeed. How much do you read about Jesus daily? A few verses with adequate meditation and exercising faith will keep you on wisdom pathway. Begin today to spend time to study the Holy Bible, the book of all books.

Apostle Paul wrote to young Timothy "Study to shew thyself approved unto God" (2 Timothy 2:15). Learn the twenty two doctrines of the Holy Bible, memorize a few verses daily. The Holy Spirit will teach you all things as you pray along your study.

Challenge: "How many verses of Scripture do you read daily?"

Prayer: "Increase my wisdom as I study the Holy Bible daily oh Lord!"

Quote: "Read about Jesus daily"

Further Reading: Proverbs 2: 1 – 5

See more at:

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2016

THE LORD OWNS ALL

"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts" (Haggai 2:8.)

The basic principle of life which every child of God must understand is that the Lord owns and is the giver of all things. He is the solution to all human challenges.

As a Bible student youth, you must be aware of the story of the rich man in Luke 12:19 – 21, who boastfully told his soul to "eat, drink, and be merry" after he thought he had laid up much goods for many years. But God called him a fool and took away his soul for not recognising the source, provider and sustainer of his riches – the Lord. The scripture warns here that a similar situation awaits anyone who "layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God" (Luke 12:21).

Always willingly and joyfully return to God whatever thing you receive from Him, recognising that He made it available to you. If you desire anything, direct it to the One who can give it, and realise that God can only bless you when you ask Him prayerfully. Most importantly, don't let wealth influence your life or be your master, but depend on God for it.

Challenge: "God gives whatever He owns to whoever He wants"

Prayer: "Lord, make me understand that all that I own comes from You"

Quote: "Don't let wealth influence your life"

Further Reading: Luke 12:22–24

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Apr 07, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, APRIL 7, 2016

CLOSED BACK DOOR

"For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor" (Galatians 2:18)

A story was told of a pipe smoker who was miraculously saved in a crusade. Though, the irresistible urge for smoking was broken, the man kept his pipe in his closet where once his eyes caught it, he would praise God for his victory over the bad habit.

One day, he became bored, lonely, dejected and discouraged. As he saw the pipe, he picked it and started demonstrating how he used to smoke, and before he knew it, the urge returned in full force and he started smoking again. Has God saved you from terrible habits like fornication, pornography, gambling, worldliness, masturbation, evil association, and occultism? You need to break every bridge and destroy everything that links you with the past.

Search your life today and make sure that ALL pictures, DVD, Facebook friends, Babylonish garments, text messages and memories of your sinful past are discarded.

Challenge: "Destroy all objects of sin in your possession"

Prayer: "Dear Lord, help me not to build again the things I destroyed"

Quote: "Search your life"

Further Reading: Joshua 23:11 – 13; Judges 8:24 – 27

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:02am On Apr 09, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, APRIL 8, 2016

UNQUENCHABLE FIRE

"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched" (Mark 9: 46)

Fire is one natural blessing in the world that can also be our worst enemy. In 2012, a group of Russian geologists dug a well in remote Siberia to about 14.4km depth. The temperature was 1,100 degree Celsius. They heard voices of pains of persons inside the well. The team leader, Dr Azzacove said, “As a communist, I don’t believe in heaven or the Bible but as a scientist I now believe in hell.” Destructive fire is one most uncontrollable natural disaster. Yet, there is a fire worse than all the fire disasters ever known. It is the eternal fire of judgment and torment for unrepentant sinners and backsliders. Satan and demons will also be there to pay for their wickedness. Beloved youth, heaven and hellfire are real as the Bible teaches. You must decide today to let go of whatever will cause you to suffer the torment in hellfire. They are “adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, hatred, murder… drunkenness, revellings” (Galatians 5:19-21). Be wise, flee from God’s wrath. Avoid sin.

Challenge: "As a wise youth, avoid habits of hell candidates"

Prayer: "Lord, I repent and forsake all sinful habits, in Jesus’ name!"

Quote: "Be wise, flee from God’s wrath"

Further Reading: Revelation 20:11 – 15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2016

ANIMAL-WONDER

"And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me"? (Numbers 22:28)

On May 28, 2013, the Xijing Hospital in Xian, China operated on a monkey for a liver transplant. It marked a medical history. Increase in knowledge has advanced medical science but none has excelled Bible records when an ass spoke with man's voice.

Prophet Balaam got so filled with the desire to get possession and promotion from King Balak of Moab. That was at the risk of cursing the children of Israel whom God told him were blessed and never to be cursed. As he advanced, the angel of the Lord withstood him with a sword. The backslidden prophet could not see it until his ass crushed Balaam's foot against the wall. In anger, he smote the ass thrice. Then, the ass spoke.

When a youth gets his/her heart so filled with a desire to do something outside God's will he will stumble. God puts a stumbling block to make the youth reason well and know that his way is wrong. As a youngster examine your steps, journey and plans before doing anything.

Challenge: "God's will is submission to his Word"

Prayer: "Direct my steps, O Lord"

Quote: "Examine your steps"

Further Reading: Numbers 22:23 – 27

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2016

A CHRISTIAN WALK

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God" (2 Corinthians 5:20)

When a man repents, he is named after Christ – Christian. That is not just a new family name; it is a whole identity. God wants Christians to know what the name means, because it will anchor their Christian walk and give them inner strength, freedom, confidence, clear direction, and the vision to soar like an eagle, as they are destined to do.

It is essential that you situate your Christian walk in what God declares about you in His Word. Make your name personal by putting it in each of His proclamations.

I encourage you to be a child of God, a conqueror through Him, an ambassador for Christ, and His witness. All these things will become a strong foundation for your life and service to God. Believe and walk in them according to Christ's example.

Challenge: "You are destined to soar like an eagle"

Prayer: "Precious Lord, enable me to walk uprightly"

Quote: "Be a child of God"

Further Reading: Romans 8:16; Acts 1:8

See more at:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.