Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts (1376806 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
Gravas:

The righteous will be as bold as a lion.....
Someone should help quote that scripture.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion" (Proverbs 28:1).

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
JoshMedia:

I love this thread

God bless you sir

Amen! cheesy
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26. 2017

WALLED UP FROM THE WORLD
TEXT: JOHN 17:16

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" (John 17:16).

Beloved, today we are looking, at a topic that is crucial to the Christian faith and survival. Because we often see more of the physical world around us, many Christians think that they are still of the world. They seem not to consider the fact that their old man, with his actions or deeds, died when they surrendered their lives to Christ and are now spiritually seated with Christ in heavenly places. It seems paradoxical to say that a citizen of America, living in America does not belong to America. For the Christian, that is the truth: we are in the world, but not of the world. Hence we are told, "Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:2). It was Joseph Alliance who declared that, "A man caught up with this world is not ready for the next."

In our text, Jesus said concerning His disciples, "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world." Beloved, are you separated from the world or you still belong to it? Live the heavenly life if you belong there.

Challenge: "God will keep you from the evil in the world"

Prayer: "O God, help me set my love on heaven in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Live the heavenly life if you belong there"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Thessalonians 3:3

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 11:03am On Oct 26, 2017
Sorry do you think I wrote all this for you, I didn't write it for you, your pride will get in the way, feel free to call another believer a troll-Jesus said: what you do to the least, you are doing it to Me.
I am just a fellow believer, who believes in the Word of God, I am not in a race against you, I am here just like the next person who has a heart for Christ.
If my page offends you, turn the page, "And leave the truth outstanding for the next person who's interested in knowing the truth about the unbiblical doctrines on tithes.
I do know how it must be difficult for you, to know, I don't agree with you.
Prosperity pimps are robbing God, teaching an unbiblicial doctrine, that causes believers to be enslaved week by week, prosperity pastors expecting God's people to finance their building funds, their mega homes, cars etc-paying the bills, and expected to pay under a law that doesn't exist. Moses law the Mosaic law in tithes and offerings.
A tithers response would be: Jesus didn't abolish the law, "He fulfilled it. And a non tither would say: if Jesus fulfilled it, then we are no longer under the law, "as we know it, tithing was under the law .{Leviticus 27:30-33} Doesn't it surprise you, your pastor would rather have the money than have foodstuff that Moses ordained, and still you insist tithing money is the law..
{Romans 10:4} For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for everyone who believes..
How do you believe in {1 Timothy 4:13} when you know yourself, you preach another doctrine? Or is this for someone else to read?
OLAADEGBU:
Disclaimer: Please ignore the posts posted by the troll above.

Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2017

READ AND RE-READ
TEXT: 1 Timothy 4:13

"Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine" (1 Timothy 4:13).

In the words of Dick Eastman, "The person who spends time thinking the thoughts of God will find tremendous depth and understanding that will touch all areas of his life." Hence, every child of God must read and re-read the Scripture for better understanding and benefits. When you meditate on the Scripture, it brings spiritual strength and excitement to your spirit man. Meditating on God's word means, reading it prayerfully and thinking upon it, with the goal of obeying it. The word of God helps to provoke in you the revelation of God's secrets, which you need to receive the anointing of the Holy Spirit and become powerful and victorious in your spiritual life. Through meditation divine supernatural power is released into your atmosphere, bringing joy and rejoicing to your life.

Young people yearn for miracles and breakthroughs every day, but they forget that the secret lies in the scriptures. They seek human interventions to defeat their enemies, when such voices can be silenced through meditation on God's word. God wants His children to read and re-read His word for an exceedingly growing faith.

Challenge: "Avoid seeking human interventions to defeat your enemies?"

Prayer: "My God, teach me to constantly meditate on your word"

Quote: "The secret of miracles lies in the Scripture"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Timothy. 2:15; Psalms 119:97, 98

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 11:30am On Oct 26, 2017
If you love this page, then at least believe in the truth, wolves in sheep clothing are preaching the laws on tithing.
JoshMedia:
I love this thread

God bless you sir
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by JoshMedia: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2017
brocab:
If you love this page, then at least believe in the truth, wolves in sheep clothing are preaching the laws on tithing.
What does that got to do with me?
You'll definitely give up, if I should reply you.

Unquote me now!

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by JoshMedia: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2017
brocab:
So unfortunate that you're just a sign post, you put up those stuffs everyday (copy and paste,) without reading a line of it. Well, am not surprised at all, because it's in the Bible, people like you will always be found.
You considered yourself to be holy, but it's a pity, you're just a religious bigot. seek God And Not Popularity..

Right now, you're nothing but an hypocrite, who copy and paste without having a glance.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2017

SPIRIT-GUIDED SAINTS
TEXT: ACTS 8:29

"Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot" (Acts 8:29).

Charles F. Stanley in his book, Tips for Being Led by the Holy Spirit, encourages us to be certain that the people we choose to guide us know the path ahead better than we do, and to listen when we sense an internal witness encouraging us to take a certain course of action, in order not to head away from our intended destination. The Holy Spirit acts in a similar way. Sometimes, as a result of His prompting, you feel alerted to pay close attention to someone or something, or an urge to move in a particular direction. Perhaps, you are listening to a sermon and God can just make a statement there personal. Or maybe you walk into a restaurant and are filled with dread, as if you should leave quickly.

As a Christian, follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit, who always guides His saints to understand and accept the Father's will. Always listen attentively whenever He speaks to your heart, warning you about danger and encouraging you to submit to God's purposes. Being led by the Spirit, you cannot go wrong.

Challenge: "Wherever He leads I'll go"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to always be led by the Holy Spirit"

Quote: "Being led of the Spirit, you cannot go wrong"

Bible Reading in one Year: Zechariah 4:6; James 3:17

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
Is this a threat, does this mean you aren't a believer in Christ? If you don't like how I have approach you, turn the page, its simple, a child would know this knowledge.
I am not a tither get used to it, tithing is unbiblical, get used to that too. Threatening and bullying won't draw in the crowd..
JoshMedia:

What does that got to do with me?
You'll definitely give up, if I should reply you.

Unquote me now!

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50am On Oct 28, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2017

PROVE YOUR PECULIARITY
TEXT: 1 KINGS 21:26

"And he did very abominably in following idols, according to all things as did the Amorites, whom the LORD cast out before the children of Israel" (1 Kings 21:26).

King Ahab, referred to in our text above as having done "abominably," did not originate evil in Israel but he took it to the highest level imaginable. Like Adolf Hitler of Germany, he was distinctively evil until he came to personify evil itself. Ahab was wicked and he had the ignoble reputation of marrying Jezebel and introducing Baal worship into Israel. No one who stood against his evil schemes escaped his rage, not even Prophet Elijah. But Ahab eventually came to a sad end.

D.L. Moody warns believers of today, "See that 'no man takes thy crown.' Be willing to be one of Christ's peculiar people, no matter what men may say of you." God keeps record of everything you do. God's record of Ahab was that "there was none like unto Ahab, which did sell himself to work wickedness in the sight of the LORD" (1 Kings 21:25).

I wonder what God would say of you right now; you are either righteous or you are a sinner in God's sight. Repent of every sin and come to Jesus for cleansing today before it is too late.

Challenge: "God's judgment follows on the heels of a sinful lifetime"

Prayer: "Lord, give me grace to live wholly for you alone"

Quote: "You are either righteous or you are a sinner"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Peter 2:1-9

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 5:48am On Oct 29, 2017
• Above say's Quote: "You are either righteous or you are a sinner"
It is written, there is no one righteous, not even one. {Romans 3:10}
The lord is righteous in all His ways and faithful in all He does. {Psalm 145:17}
The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God”
{Psalm 14:2-3} And what does the all-seeing God find? “All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one”
(verse 3) In other words, all have sinned.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2017

RIGHTEOUS RULERS
TEXT: PROVERBS 29:2

"When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn" (Proverbs 29:2).

There have been rulers in history whose deaths were celebrated with wild jubilation among their subjects. The deaths of other rulers produced an outpouring of grief across their domains and, sometimes, across the world. What accounts for the difference? Simply, it is the quality of their reign as perceived by their citizens. We are all remembered by what we have done. Some young politicians launch their career as student activists, vehement critics of the government. Their activism pushes them into political limelight but, alas, they are elected and soon get corrupted by the temptations and pressures of public office. As an empty bag cannot stand upright, so no ruler without the righteousness of Christ in him can rule in the absolute fear of God. Greed, oppression, lying, immorality, arrogance, treachery, and hypocrisy - these are the steps of the ladder upon which many rulers ascend.

Christian youths are commanded to pray "for kings, and for all those in authority" that righteousness might prevail in our land. It is a debt we owe, and one that we must pay.

Challenge: "Prayer changes things, even in nations"

Prayer: "Give us righteous leaders in the land, Lord, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "An empty bag cannot stand upright"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Chronicles 30:1-5, 21-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2017

NO EDITING OF GOD'S WORD
TEXT: PROVERBS 30:5, 6

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar" (Proverbs 30:5, 6).

Literary editors have the duty of critically looking at articles submitted by writers for publication. One editor claimed to have 'saved' a writer from embarrassment by refusing to publish his story because it was not well researched, not properly crafted and sub-standard. Human imperfection means that man can produce flawed writings. But God is absolutely perfect. His word, unlike the works of men, does not need any human correction. No preacher, teacher or reader of the Bible is therefore at liberty to add to or subtract from God's word. Whoever does so risks divine wrath with eternal consequences (Revelation 22:18, 19). Surprisingly however, some new versions of the Bible have removed 45 verses and 64, 575 words, including: Calvary, Holy Ghost and Jehovah.

As you read the Bible believe it, meditate on it, pray it in, behave it, and preach it. God expects you to receive His word, not rewrite it. Taken in its pure form, God's word has the power to transform, renew, revive, strengthen, protect and guide you to an eternity with God in heaven. Reject any edited Bible.

Challenge: "God does not need improvement on His word"

Prayer: "Teach me your word, Lord, and I shall obey it from the heart."

Quote: "Reject any edited Bible"

Bible Reading in one Year: Jeremiah 23:21-29

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
Here comes November 2017 Edition of the Christian Women Mirror (LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER)! Hurry, get your copies now! - THE MAGAZINE THAT BUILDS GODLY WOMEN AND HOMES!

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2017

MAKE YOUR FATHER JOYFUL
TEXT: PROVERBS 29:3

"Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: but he that keepeth company with harlots spendeth his substance" (Proverbs 29:3).

There is a serious case in Deuteronomy 21. A frustrated father reports his son's irresponsible lifestyle to the local court. The rebellious son is summoned, tried and sentenced to death by stoning and there are three losers at the end. The young man is a loser as are his unfortunate father and the community at large. Conversely, can you imagine the immense pride and deep satisfaction Jacob must have felt to see Joseph on the throne of Egypt? Earthly parents have different value sets but the bottom-line is that no parent fails to cherish successful achievement and a decent lifestyle in their children.

Every responsible youth should strive for these in his or her life. But there is more. Our heavenly Father derives joy in our manifesting the fruits of salvation - righteousness, obedience and holy living. He is delighted when we represent Him well in a perverse world. So, go ahead and take that righteous stand in your school. Refuse to join that culture of examination malpractice. Say 'No' to that sexual seduction. Turn your back on that bad gang. Go ahead and be a true child of God.

Challenge: "My heavenly Father's smile is more than all the world to me"

Prayer: "Give me grace, O God to represent you everywhere, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Go ahead, represent God well today"

Bible Reading in one Year: Deuteronomy 21:18-21

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2017

HE WILL PERFECT HIS WORK
TEXT: ISAIAH 66:9

"Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God" (Isaiah 66:9).

'Are there any pilots on-board? Please ring your call button.' At 30,000 feet in the air nothing could be more of a heart stopper than that announcement on the aircraft's PA system. United Flight 1637 pilot had taken off from Des Moines and cruised to that altitude en route Denver. Thirty minutes into the flight he had suffered a massive heart attack. Mercifully, the presence of a US Bomber Captain to assist the co-pilot turned around what could have been a terrible December 30, 2013 disaster. There were 160 souls on-board. Whatever God starts He finishes; He is never forced to abandon any project halfway.

Have you committed your life to the Lord God? You can be rest assured in His ability to fulfil His promise to you. God has both love and power in abundant measure. He is mighty in strength and gracious in love to complete His good work in your life. Some give up at God's seeming delay; they lose hope and seek help from idols. The true child of God knows the ability of His Father, so he rests in Him while unbelievers panic.

Challenge: "I have a God who never fails"

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, please strengthen my hold on your promises. Amen."

Quote: "Whatever God starts He finishes"

Bible Reading in one Year: Deuteronomy 32:4

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2017

FEARLESS REDEEMED
TEXT: ISAIAH 41:14

"Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel" (Isaiah 41:14).

President Roosevelt in his 1933 Inaugural address stated his "firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself." He described fear as that "nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." We learn, from Moses, how to handle fear. When surrounded by a host of terrified people and pursued by pharaoh's enraged army, he cried unto God. Moses was confident that God that redeemed Israel from Egypt would help them in the hour of crisis. Therefore he commanded the Israelites to advance towards the Red sea. He was right. Sin kills faith. A guilty conscience is a septic tank of fear.

Moreover, many church-going youths today are drawn towards some sensational preachers who feed them on a constant diet of sermons glorifying the exploits of Satan and demons. Therefore they live in permanent fear of dark powers both day and night. The truth that comes from God sets free from sin, and from fear. Repent today and be redeemed by Christ from every sin. Thereafter, you have nothing and no one to fear.

Challenge: "Sin and fear are twin sisters, likewise holiness and courage"

Prayer: "Lord, fill my heart with holy boldness day by day."

Quote: "A guilty conscience is a septic tank of fear"

Bible Reading in one Year: Exodus 14:10-31

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2017

WALK HOLY IN A SINFUL WORLD
TEXT: ROMANS 1:28

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient" (Romans 1:28).

A mind that rejects God loses its anchor. When a ship loses its anchor it is at the mercy of the waves; it is tossed up and down, it might even capsize. Individuals and whole nations have learnt the bitter consequences of throwing off the knowledge of God. There have been Prodigal sons who have rejected the control of the heavenly Father. Like their predecessor in Luke 15 they have ended up in a terrible spiritual and moral gutter. There have been prodigal nations in history. The Roman Empire was renowned for indescribable moral corruption. All its glory and power quickly dissolved and vanished away. But, praise God, there were saints of God in ancient Rome and they were numerous! (Romans 16:15)

So then, dear youth, you might be surrounded by sin and evil, nevertheless the grace of God is available to help you live in holiness daily. No, we don't all have to be corrupt; the Prodigal son went astray but his brother remained faithful! Distinguish yourself like Joseph and Daniel; choose to be holy in this sinful world. By prayer, faith and obedience you will make it in Jesus'name.

Challenge: "Others may, I cannot"

Prayer: "Give me grace to live for you always O God."

Quote: "A mind that rejects God loses its anchor"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Peter 2:9-12

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2017

REACTIONS TO THE GOSPEL
TEXT: ACTS 28:24

"And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not" (Acts 28:24).

The gospel means good news. If so, how could anyone possibly reject it? It is sad, but true, how pride or prejudice has destroyed many. Take the Ebola case for example. The Ebola epidemic ravaged two West African countries in 2014 and 2015. Citizens of one country promptly opened up to medical intervention from the outside world. The disease was soon brought under control. Ill-informed citizens of the other nation mounted serious resistance to the intervention efforts. On September 16th 2014, eight members of a high-level delegation of doctors, politicians and journalists were murdered in that nation. Their bodies were disposed of in a latrine, and survivors pursued. The epidemic simply raged on, killing thousands. The gospel is your only hope. The good news of Christ's sacrifice on the cross for the sins of humanity will save those who believe it and damn those who reject it.

Are you a believer or a rejecter? Your response to the gospel bears eternal, irreversible outcomes either in heaven if you repent and believe or in hell if you refuse and rebel. Repent, believe, and be saved.

Challenge: "Man's unbelief does no harm to God's saving power"

Prayer: "Lord, I believe; save me by your grace in Jesus' name."

Quote: "The gospel is your only hope"

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 3:3, 4

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 7:05am On Nov 05, 2017
I have wondered why deceases only spread all through the poorer countries, Ebola was just one of them, what was the other country you speak off, scientist discovered Ebola as a new weapon against humanity, remember the Aids story, the public was told the Aids decease came from Africa.
Everything comes from scientist who are trying to push a point across, "without God" they believe they have control of everybody in the palms of their hands.
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2017

REACTIONS TO THE GOSPEL
TEXT: ACTS 28:24

"And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not" (Acts 28:24).

The gospel means good news. If so, how could anyone possibly reject it? It is sad, but true, how pride or prejudice has destroyed many. Take the Ebola case for example. The Ebola epidemic ravaged two West African countries in 2014 and 2015. Citizens of one country promptly opened up to medical intervention from the outside world. The disease was soon brought under control. Ill-informed citizens of the other nation mounted serious resistance to the intervention efforts. On September 16th 2014, eight members of a high-level delegation of doctors, politicians and journalists were murdered in that nation. Their bodies were disposed of in a latrine, and survivors pursued. The epidemic simply raged on, killing thousands. The gospel is your only hope. The good news of Christ's sacrifice on the cross for the sins of humanity will save those who believe it and damn those who reject it.

Are you a believer or a rejecter? Your response to the gospel bears eternal, irreversible outcomes either in heaven if you repent and believe or in hell if you refuse and rebel. Repent, believe, and be saved.

Challenge: "Man's unbelief does no harm to God's saving power"

Prayer: "Lord, I believe; save me by your grace in Jesus' name."

Quote: "The gospel is your only hope"

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 3:3, 4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2017

NO HARM FROM A VIPER'S ATTACK
TEXT: ACTS 28:5

"And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm" (Acts 28:5).

Faith was at work here. The Lord had promised supernatural protection from harm to gospel workers. But there is a thin line beyond which faith turns to presumption. Note that Apostle Paul did not go about looking for a snake to handle just to prove the power of God or demonstrate his own ability. That would be foolishness, not faith. God grants miracles to glorify Himself and draw people into His Kingdom; never to satisfy human curiosity or massage the preacher's ego. Some modern-day "miracle workers" do not get this point. They flamboyantly stage miracles for the camera lights and claim the credits without any reference to God. God's promise still holds true today.

If you are God's child, obedient to His word, you have nothing to fear. "No weapon formed against you shall prosper," says the Lord. Fear of physical or spiritual attack has kept back many youths from reaching out to their peers with the gospel. God values the life of His obedient children; He will not permit any serpent, be it spiritual, physical, social or academic, to harm them.

Challenge: "Faith does not faint or fear; it is firm in the fire"

Prayer: "Grant me courage to live for, and serve you, dear Lord."

Quote: "No weapon formed against you shall prosper"

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 28:3-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 6:30am On Nov 06, 2017
I can relate to Paul's story-when the snake had bitten him, the on lookers were waiting for him to die, but nothing happened to him, It just shows how true this story lines up with the truth.
I have been bitten by all sorts of creepy crawlers, I remember I was bitten on the chest by a whitetail spider, related to the red-backs, another deadly spider, after seeing a doctor-he couldn't believe what he had seen, these deadly spiders usually bite hard and deep and very poisoners, but this one didn't penetrate through my skin, it left it's mark-and redness covered my chest area, but the looks on the doctors face, showed he was in unbelief.
Recently I had been bitten again, while working around the garden area, I didn't feel the bite, but the after mark frightened me a little, I didn't know if it was a snake bite, the markings looked the same, I prayed, the after marks swelled, but no serious damage.
This just shows, the Word of God is a medicine that protects us from all evil that tries to harm us in anyway.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Nov 06, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2017

MALE AND FEMALE: GOD'S CHOICE
TEXT: GENESIS 1:27

"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:27).

There is a tragic awakening in our world; it is called the transgender youth. Juvenile boys and girls who claim to be 'trapped in a wrong body' are using drugs to delay puberty and change their birth gender. Homosexuality and "cross-dressing" used to be a secret practice of a few odd characters. Society frowned at it then because mankind was in submission to God's will. The homosexuals who claimed to be "born this way" kept their behaviour under cover. They spoke with muffled voices. Then came the 'Gay Pride' movement and morality took a sad turn. Nation after confused nation rebelled against God's choice. They gave legal backing to a sinful practice. But the truth is that God's standard remains, whatever men say or do.

In the beginning, God created man and woman. He fitted their physical and psychological make-up to complement each other in a loving, beneficial relationship. The animal kingdom follows the divine order without question, and why not man created in God's image? Homosexuality is not nature at work; it is a bad choice of a fallen man. Repent and embrace God's plan for man.

Challenge: "God is wiser than the wisest of men, isn't He?"

Prayer: "Lord, save me from the deceptive ways of sinful men."

Quote: "Repent and embrace God's standard"

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 1:24-28

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2017

OVERCOME PREACHING PHOBIA
TEXT: ROMANS 1:16

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Romans 1:16).

A phobia is an excessive and persistent fear of an object or situation. If you have a phobia, you may experience a deep sense of panic when you encounter the source of your fear. Have you felt like this when attempting to share the gospel with a friend or classmate? And who hasn't, at one time or another?

Behaviour experts have recommended that the best way to conquer your phobia is to persistently expose yourself to it.
So, do you want to overcome the fear that grips you every time you try to share the gospel? Ignore the fear, go ahead and preach anyway. Your boldness grows with each new attempt. Fear ebbs when courage swells.

Billy Graham was one of the most successful evangelists in modern church history. He saw millions of people respond to the altar call in more than fifty years of gospel preaching. But who would believe the fear he had to overcome in his early days! Once, when he was invited to preach to the British Royal family, he went with five prepared sermons. By his own admission, he finished preaching all five within a space of eight minutes! So, don't give up, keep on preaching!

Challenge: "Many great preachers started out as amateurs"

Prayer: "Fill me with holy passion that drowns out fear, dear Lord."

Quote: "Fear ebbs when courage swells"

Bible Reading in one Year: Exodus 4:10-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41am On Nov 09, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2017

BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT
TEXT: ACTS 1:5

"For John truly baptised with water; but ye shall be baptised with the Holy Ghost not many days hence" (Acts 1:5).

What fills you inside tells who you are more than what surrounds you outside. To be totally saved from sin, purified and made holy within and without is a wonderful privilege of God's grace. The Holy Spirit plays a major role in this. Beyond salvation and sanctification however, He comes to baptise the sanctified believer with heavenly power for spiritual service. Filled with the power of the Holy Spirit, the believer enjoys a dynamic life of personal victory and daily success in evangelism, old age or youthfulness notwithstanding. The Holy Spirit is the executive agent of God's salvation plan. He inspired the writing of the scriptures long ago.

Today He empowers the preacher, leads him to a waiting soul, convicts the sinner through gospel preaching and grants pardon to the repentant soul. He also gives assurance of forgiveness and keeps the obedient believer from sin. To all who seek to be God's instrument in a sinful world, Christ promised the baptism in the Holy Spirit. It is even a necessary requirement. Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed? You may today, if you believe and pray.

Challenge: "Holy Ghost baptism is children's bread, are you God's child?"

Prayer: "Pour Your Spirit afresh on me, dear Lord Jesus. Amen."

Quote: "Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed?"

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 2:1-4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2017

STOP HABITS OF SIN
TEXT: ISAIAH 55:7

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:7).

Calvin Hunt sang that epic song, I'm Clean. Before singing it with The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, he gave a powerful testimony of how Jesus Christ set him free from a four year addiction to crack cocaine. Though he went to church occasionally, he would disappear into smoking dens for days. He was bound by sin. "Crack was my god," he said, "and I served it under bushes and abandoned buildings." Calvin finally found freedom when he stopped thinking that he could break his addiction by his own will alone. He surrendered his life to Christ and with the help of some Christian friends came out free in 1988.

My young friend, are you enslaved by any sinful habit - addiction to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, or pornography? Any habit that weakens your mind, corrupts your morals and enslaves your will is one you need freedom from. Your deliverance is only in the saving power of Christ's blood which is able to make you clean, only if you repent and believe. Will you, now?

Challenge: "Your deliverance from sin is in Christ alone."

Prayer: "Save me, O Lord, and I shall be saved."

Quote: "Are you enslaved by any sinful habit?"

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2017

STOP HABITS OF SIN
TEXT: ISAIAH 55:7

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:7).

Calvin Hunt sang that epic song, I'm Clean. Before singing it with The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, he gave a powerful testimony of how Jesus Christ set him free from a four year addiction to crack cocaine. Though he went to church occasionally, he would disappear into smoking dens for days. He was bound by sin. "Crack was my god," he said, "and I served it under bushes and abandoned buildings." Calvin finally found freedom when he stopped thinking that he could break his addiction by his own will alone. He surrendered his life to Christ and with the help of some Christian friends came out free in 1988.

My young friend, are you enslaved by any sinful habit - addiction to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, or pornography? Any habit that weakens your mind, corrupts your morals and enslaves your will is one you need freedom from. Your deliverance is only in the saving power of Christ's blood which is able to make you clean, only if you repent and believe. Will you, now?

Challenge: "Your deliverance from sin is in Christ alone."

Prayer: "Save me, O Lord, and I shall be saved."

Quote: "Are you enslaved by any sinful habit?"

See more here:

I'm Clean - Calvin Hunt (Testimony) with The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
Calvin Hunt (1957 – December 26, 2009)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2EFK2FaZDM
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 11:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
Men and women on drugs, drink, porn, and everything else that follows, these are prayed for..
It's the Church that needs our prayers, believers in Christ who have one foot in the door, and the other in the world, Christians that come to Church on Sunday, who does bible studies and fits in with the crowd are the ones that needs our prayers.
Young people coming to Christ-because mummy and daddy are Christians, they say to their Children, which way would you prefer, to be with Jesus in heaven in all His glory, or spend eternity burning in hell! Of course the Children will say they would rather spend eternity with Jesus, then Mummy and Daddy will say 'now say this prayer, and everything will be alright, you are saved.
Most Christians believe once saved always saved, this isn't true, those who are truly saved, are led by the Spirit changing for Christ.
{Romans 7:18-19} Paul makes himself clear, how he feels after sinning, "But now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me, {that is, in my flesh} nothing good dwells, but to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will do, I do not do, but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
This is a heart of a Christian living for Christ.
Are people coming to Christ for the right reasons, most of the time Mummy and Daddy haven't a clue where their Children are, they can pull the wool over their parents eye's, but they can't pull it over God's.
But not only the youth are to blame, of the street, or just out of prison Pastors, have learned new ways how to make plenty of money without them being caught by the law.
Legalism in Church have allowed criminals to turn a Church into a business, that's earning monies they themselves couldn't of made in a life time on the street.
Pastors preaching to be paid.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2017

PROBLEM OF INDECISION
TEXT: 1 KINGS 18:21

"And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word" (1 Kings 18:21).

An undecided person is like a man who has each of his two legs planted firmly in two boats rowing in opposite directions. He will soon fall, not into either boat but into the water itself. Indecision is very often the problem of youth. The fear of peer ridicule or the desire to please friends often hinders many young people from moving decisively to do what is right.

In the days of Elijah Israel knew the supremacy of Almighty God and the vanity of idol worship. Nevertheless the influence of King Ahab and Queen Jezebel caused their loyalty to swing between God and Baal. Matters of eternal consequence demand immediate action. Where your soul will spend eternity is a decision you alone can take, and should take immediately. Eternity does not favour fence-sitters.

Jesus says that those who delay to enter the Kingdom of God through the gate of repentance and faith shall find the door closed in their face when they decide too late (Luke 13:25). Likewise those who delay necessary restitution or obedience to any divine command shall regret throughout eternity.

Challenge: ""Indecision and delays are the parents of failure" - George Canning."

Prayer: "O God, strengthen my heart to act right and act fast in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Eternity does not favour fence-sitters"

Bible Reading in one Year: Luke 13:23-28

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2017

TOUGH TIMES
TEXT: EPHESIAN 5:16

"Redeeming the time, because the days are evil" (Ephesian 5:16).

The sense of our text today is, make hay while the sun shines. Do what you must at the best time opportunity presents itself. Fishermen know there is a best time to catch fish and farmers the best time to sow particular seeds. There is always a best for everything you need to do in life. Youth is the best time to be saved, to begin a life of consistent walk with God, to lay a solid foundation of scriptural convictions. Charting a godly course for your spiritual life while young gives you a head start over the temptations that are sure to come.

Moreover, globally, there is uncertainty: immorality, violent crimes, terrorism and hunger are current realities—these are tough times. Youth is also the best time to set life's goals and pursue them with vigour. It is the time to dream big, to strive for success, to harness your potentials. Today's fearful adult was yesterday's daring youth; "evil times" have caught up with him. However, in the midst of the evil and tough times, there is still hope for those who will turn to the Christ for salvation.

Challenge: "Youth is the best time to be saved. Are you saved?"

Prayer: "Teach me Lord to number my days and be wise unto salvation."

Quote: "Make hay while the sun shines"

Bible Reading in one Year: Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2017

FEAR NOT: HE GOES WITH YOU
TEXT: JOSHUA 1:9

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest" (Joshua 1:9).

Fear is aptly described as False Experience Appearing Real. Fear has enslaved and slain uncountable number of people. A diligent research on biblical records revealed the destructive power of fear. Why did Abraham and Isaac lie about their marital status? What made the ten spies to bring evil report about the land they spied? Why did Peter start sinking in the sea or deny Christ? The answer is fear.

If you have Jesus, there is no cause for fear. Sing with me if you love this song that douses my fears: Why should I fear when the Lord is on my side? Why should I fear, in His arms I safely hide? He's to me, my Fortress and my Rock, Tell me why should I fear?

God knows the crippling effect of fear. He also knows that fear creeps in when one becomes unconscious of His presence. That is why He puts more than 365 'fear not' in the Bible and in many cases quickly adds, 'I am with you.' So, whatsoever the situation you find yourself in today, do not fear if you are saintly.

Challenge: "No cause for alarm for those who do God's will"

Prayer: "Thank you Lord for the assurance of your presence."

Quote: "Do not fear if you are saintly"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Kings 6:13-17

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2107

FLEE YOUTHFUL LUSTS
TEXT: 2 TIMOTHY 2:22

"Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart" (2 Timothy 2:22).

Lust is a strong physical desire to commit the sin of immorality, such as fornication or adultery. It also means a great eagerness for something, such as power. Many young people today seem not to see anything wrong with the very acts of immorality, how 'much less' lust. Merlin Carothers said, "The hearts of Christians are being corrupted by the world in which we live. Men and women are being sucked into the filth of lustful, adulterous, covetous thinking, and the only warning Christians are receiving, is to not do any of the physical acts! Of course we are not supposed to do the acts, but we shouldn't be indulging in the thoughts either."

The faithful pastor, Timothy, was advised to flee youthful lusts. Carnal pleasures, such as fornication are sins of youth. Paul told Timothy to focus on righteousness, faith and other virtues that would enable him to fulfil his ministry. Youthful lusts would destroy his Christian testimony. As a Christian youth, Paul's counsel is also for you. The media paint youthful lusts as great but you must flee them for your eternal good.

Challenge: "Lust is highly inflammable, run for your life"

Prayer: "Lord, give me courage to flee the scene of lust."

Quote: "Focus on righteousness"

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 7: 24-27

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.