Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,610 members, 7,801,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves (1375639 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Sep 03, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qD71MtoY-c

Higher Everyday
Wednesday, September 3, 2014

ROYAL CROWN

"Thou shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God" (Isaiah 62:3)

You probably have seen a four-wheel conveyor called Highlander whose resting base and take-off base are anchored on the resilience of the well-spread springs on its underside. This automobile calmly reaches its ultimate destination criss-crossing rugged paths by progressive motion and through continuous energy supply from a well-designed engine that operates at full capacity. This achievement is obtained by a constant drive toward a dream-goal which was well spelt out at the outset of the journey.

In his expedition to take the Promised Land, God promised Joshua, "I will not leave thee, nor forsake thee" (Joshua 1:5). If you are a child of God, the same assurance awaits you. Trust in God, daily prayer and drive to succeed, are all you need to do to start anew your Christian race. You can tell God by praying like King David who said: "Lead me to the rock that is higher than I." (Psalms 61:2)

Challenge: "Are you working to receive the crown of glory?"

Prayer: "O God, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."

Further Reading: Daniel1:10-20

Quotation:: "God is dependable"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
SUCCESS CAMP 2014: THE POWER OF JESUS' NAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJkuh5MF6E

At the name of JESUS, every knee must bow. Such is the power believers in Christ possess.
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, September 4, 2014

FIRE-FIGHTERS

"And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh" (Jude 1:23)

On February 4, 2014, Harmony Gold Mining Co. (HAR) said eight workers died and one missing after a rock-fall triggered a blaze more than a mile underground at its Doornkop site in one of South Africa’s worst gold company accidents. History is awash with the shattering role of fire at various times and places. There is another kind of fire that some people are not aware of or even pretend does not exist. It is the hell fire. God has reserved hell for Satan and those who associate with him.

All sinners, who refuse to repent of their sins and accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour, will end up in hell fire. Fire-fighters on earth can douse the physical fire but none is equipped or trained enough to quench the fire of hell. If you are a believer, you must reach out to other youths with the gospel message, and warn them about hell fire. Preach the gospel today and always.

Challenge: "Rescue the perishing; snatch them in pity from sin"

Prayer: "Confirm your words with miracles of salvation O Lord."

Further Reading: Luke 16: 27-31

Quotation:: "Preach the gospel"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, September 5, 2014

BURN THE BRIDGE

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee" (Luke 18:28)

A man addicted to smoking pipe decided to quit it many years ago but did not do away with his pipe. He kept it to remind himself of his past deeds. He picked it up once in a while to show how he used to do it without really stuffing it with tobacco. In no distant time he was back in his old habit.

As young Christians, there are things you must do. Every ungodly link with the world must be severed. The symbol or evidences of old sinful life must not remain. Photos of sin partners and any material that reminds you of the past must be cast off. Old wayward friends of same or opposite sex must be forsaken. Old bad habits, worldly attires (transparent, tight-fitting dresses, topless, mini-skirts, ‘wicked jeans’) make-ups, perfumes, and stretching of hairs must be abandoned. Membership of clubs that do not promote godliness nor facilitate your schooling must be renounced.

Burn the bridge that could lead you back to your sinful past.

Challenge: "Destroy every link with the old sinful life before they destroy you"

Prayer: "Lord, I surrender all my life to you."

Further Reading: Proverbs 1:10-15

Quotation:: "Do away with sinful past"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, September 6, 2014

CHAMELEON CHRISTIANS

"My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change" (Proverbs 24:21)

Chameleon, a tree-dwelling and distinctive type of lizard, is known primarily for its ability to adjust its skin colour to any environment it finds itself. When you as a young believer, is unstable in character, imitating whatever you see in the life of non-Christians or lower or throw away your convictions as a Christian; you are like the chameleon. When you have the appearances of a Christian in the fellowship but blend with the ungodly in their dresses, jokes, fun and lifestyle; you are a chameleon.

When you are a ‘saint’ in the congregation and a sinner in the community, you are a pretender. You can be baptised as a "Chameleon Christian." If you are unsteady or lack conviction as a Christian youth, you can please men and displease God. When you fear God but serve idols, seek godly counsel but do otherwise; you are a hypocrite. The Lord expects you to be stable and unwavering in faith. Be a steadfast saint, standing firmly on the Christ the solid Rock.

Challenge: "Shadow has no power because it lacks substance. Be a 24/7 Christian"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to live by the standard of the scriptures."

Further Reading: Romans 8:35-39

Quotation:: "Do away with sinful past"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
SUCCESS CAMP 2014: THE POWER OF JESUS' NAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJkuh5MF6E

At the name of JESUS, every knee must bow. Such is the power believers in Christ possess.
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, September 8, 2014

PURE WORDS

"The words of the LORD are pure words; as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times" (Psalms 12:6)

God is pure and every word He speaks is pure (Proverbs 30:5). God`s word chases away darkness from our lives and reveals the will and mind of God to us. The purity of God`s word should motivate you as a believer to love and uphold it. The Gospel of John referred to Jesus as “…the word was God” that “was made flesh.” God`s word is so powerful that it can save the sinner, heal the sick and oppressed, and deliver believers in the hour of temptation. To profit from the word of God, you must totally believe and obey it. Job said: “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food” (Job 23:12). Just as we take physical food, a true Christian must read, study and meditate on the God`s word every day. Do you spend time on it on daily basis? Do you meditate on its promises? All you have to do, is to believe God`s word and He will fulfil His promises in your life.

Challenge: "True believers will not doubt the Word of God"

Prayer: "Transform me O Lord through your word."

Further Reading: Isaiah 55:8-11

Quotation:: "Every word of God is pure. Weigh your word"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, September 9, 2014

EXPEDITION AT ESCHOL

"We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it" (Numbers 13:27)

The twelve-man team, after their expedition to Eschol, was able to confirm that the promise of God was indeed real when they got to the Promised Land. They reported that "…surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it." You can always count on God for His promises because they will never fail. "For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen" (2 Corinthians 1:20).

You should know that He has good plans for your life. When you are hungry, He is the Bread of life. When you are spiritually thirsty, He is the fountain of living water. When you are sick, He is the Great Physician. When you are troubled, He is the wonderful counselor and comforter. When you are lonely, He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. When you are lost, He is the Good Shepherd looking for the lost sheep. Above all, God has promised you eternal life in Heaven.

Challenge: "Show your gratitude by earnest Christ-like living"

Prayer: "Thank you Father for your past provisions. Help me to trust you for my future needs."

Further Reading: Jeremiah 1:12

Quotation:: "Count on God"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdygPN7A2vU

Isaiah spoke of God’s people “soaring on wings like eagles” (Isaiah 40:31). Eagles are the feathered kings of the air. They know how to live and move where earthlings cannot, in the environment of the thermals, the pneuma of the earth. The people of God live and move in the environment of the Holy Spirit, the thermal of God. People of the Spirit know how to live in the Spirit. They breathe His qualities and it shows through. God bless you today. REINHARD BONNKE
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
The SUCCESSCAMP 2014 for NIGERIA begins today. Invite others and come join the band of incorruptible youths. A miracle awaits you!

Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2014
DCLM LIVE Webcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk7-rbuZ-8E

Higher Everyday
Wednesday, September 10, 2014

GAINS IN PAINS

"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5) “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" (Psalm 30:5)

What a mockery of justice! Joseph was imprisoned without being given the chance to defend himself. In spite of the agony, he never complained for one day. Young Joseph suffered great injustice and maltreatment from his master in Egypt. As a youngster, you may have found yourself in a similar situation. There is only one thing to do. Believe in God, submit and surrender to Him, and He will surely lift you up. Pains sometimes bring tears from your eyes, especially when you suffer persecution or denial of rights for no just cause. Joseph endured all his afflictions without complaints and God rewrote the History of his life. He became a model for suffering saints. Whatever pains you may be going through today, look up to God for grace to endure and remain steadfast. In the end, "And it shall turn to you for a testimony" (Luke 21:13).

What a mockery of justice! Joseph was imprisoned without being given the chance to defend himself. In spite of the agony, he never complained for one day. Young Joseph suffered great injustice and maltreatment from his master in Egypt. As a youngster, you may have found yourself in a similar situation. There is only one thing to do. Believe in God, submit and surrender to Him, and He will surely lift you up. Pains sometimes bring tears from your eyes, especially when you suffer persecution or denial of rights for no just cause. Joseph endured all his afflictions without complaints and God rewrote the History of his life. He became a model for suffering saints. Whatever pains you may be going through today, look up to God for grace to endure and remain steadfast. In the end, "And it shall turn to you for a testimony" (Luke 21:13).

Challenge: "Adversities are sometimes the stuff with which heroes are made"

Prayer: "Father, give me grace to see beyond my present suffering."

Further Reading: Hebrews 12:1-3; Acts 5:41, 42

Quotation:: "Look up to God"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
DCLM LIVE Webcast

Higher Everyday
Thursday, September 11, 2014

RICHES BY RIGHT

"He that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool" (Jeremiah 17:11)

The January 23, 2014 edition of “The Punch” Nigeria Newspaper reported that West Africa Examination Council (WAEC), an examination body for secondary schools, disclosed that over 200 ‘born -again’ Christians return their certificates every year. “It is a routine matter here. It is very common to get requests from such born-again Christians, who are usually from a particular Pentecostal church… The individuals come to our office or write letters. Some of those who come even start crying. They say they cheated and they have decided to return their certificates because they are now born-again.”

The Bible teaches that "Restitution" is an act of making amends for wrongs done. As a child of God, you are expected to obey the word of God. Examination malpractices and other fraudulent acts are ungodly. Believers must work with diligence and honour to achieve success. Youths who cut corners, cheat and manoeuvre their way to attain success will eventually lament here or hereafter.

Challenge: "Godliness with contentment is great gains"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to labour with honour."

Further Reading: 1 Kings 21: 14-19

Quotation:: "Obey the word of God"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2014
DCLM LIVE Webcast

Higher Everyday
Friday, September 12, 2014

INCENTIVES FOR INTEGRITY

"The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them" (Proverbs 11:3)

Because God does not immediately punish every wrongdoing, men think He disregards sinful acts. But the truth is that God is longsuffering. This is the main reason why sinners continue in their evil ways. Rather than repent and turn to God, they are emboldened to keep on sinning.

A sinner can manoeuvre his ways and escape the long arm of the law; he cannot escape God's judgement. Every unrepentant sinners and backsliders face the prospects of spending eternity in Hell Fire. If you are a sinner, repent and turn away from all your sins before you are made to face the great Judge of the universe. The Lord will pardon you if you submit to Him today.

Challenge: "Sin is like wine, the more you indulge it, the more it becomes difficult to get out of it"

Prayer: "Lord, give me the grace to live honestly."

Further Reading: Daniel 6:1-4

Quotation:: "Turn away from all your sins"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
DCLM LIVE Webcast

Higher Everyday
Saturday, September 13, 2014

LIFE’S CROSSROADS

"And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left" (Isaiah 30:21)

Samuel Elkhanah was sleeping when he heard the voice of God. He could not recognise the voice of the Lord because the experience was new to him. He went to Eli and was directed appropriately. Every true Christian must be familiar with the voice of the Lord. He still speaks to His own till today. Just consecrate yourself and you will hear His voice.

In the highway of life, a time comes when you have to make very important decisions which will affect your future. At that time you have come to the crossroads. You need divine guidance to know which direction to follow. Rely on God’s promise that says “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.” Humility, submission and faith will enable you to accept and follow the leading of the Lord at all cost in choice of subjects, career, friends, clothing and daily programme.

Challenge: "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths"

Prayer: "Saviour, lead me lest I stray."

Further Reading: 1 Samuel 23:2-6

Quotation:: "Rely on God’s promise"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
DCLM LIVE Webcast

Higher Everyday
Sunday, September 14, 2014

NO LOSS

"And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you..." (Acts 27:22a)

The lives of Paul and his captors were threatened by stormy sea to the extent that all hope of their survival was gone. On their voyage to Rome, they found themselves caught in a fierce storm for days. But earlier, Paul received a promise from God that all of them would get to shore safe and sound. And it is in the midst of this storm that the Paul took bread, broke it and gave thanks to God. Paul maintained constant communion with God in spite of the storm and got assurance of God’s perfect control.

Paul did not only care for their spiritual wellbeing, he also cared for their physical wellbeing. As you navigate through the storms of life, you must not be afraid because the Lord will not abandon you. You should see everything as part of the faith deal for you. In every situation, you must remember that God is in control.

Challenge: "We can never be too confident when we confide in Him alone"

Prayer: "Let me trust you as I navigate through the ocean of life."

Further Reading: Nehemiah 9:21-25

Quotation:: "There will be no lack"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
DCLM LIVE Webcast

Higher Everyday
Monday, September 15, 2014

NO U-TURN

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him" (John 6:66)

U-turn is a dangerous manoeuvring on the highway where you are required to change direction. Rather than getting to a safe spot to properly change course, impatient drivers take risks and make a quick turn right there on the road due to impatience. The implication is that a fatal accident may occur in the process. As travellers on the narrow road to heaven you must take knowledge of the signpost — NO U-TURN.

Jesus plainly commands every pilgrim travelling on the highway of holiness to heaven not to look back not to talk of turning back. To make a U-turn will mean changing direction which ends in changing destination from heaven to hell fire. The challenges of a journey must not make you turn back. You must steadfastly set your eyes on Jesus, and He will safely guide you to the harbour. Avoid the lure of the world, beckoning from worldly friend and enticement from the world of entertainment and sinful pleasures so that you can reach your destination. Jesus Christ warned — Remember Lot’s wife.

Challenge: "I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back"

Prayer: "My God make me to keep on this narrow road till the end."

Further Reading: Luke 9:57- 62

Quotation:: "Set your eyes on Jesus"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PUSH

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

To push is to continue with a plan or an activity especially in a determined way. The word is used as an acronym today to mean—Pray Until Something Happens. This kind of prayer will not take "NO" for an answer. It is holding on till the answer comes. This is opposed to hit and run kind of prayer. It is to pray through until heaven responds. Many ask and never wait to receive. Jesus urges "that men ought always to pray, and not to faint" (Luke 18:1).

Really, to faint in prayer is to fail. There are those who seek precious treasure from God and quit before He responds. Others knock and leave before the door is opened. Only those who diligently seek the Lord will leave God’s presence with their desires granted. Others have litanies of unanswered prayers because they have abandoned their prayer projects. Jacob refused to let the angel go and he got his desired blessing. Don’t be satisfied with partial victory but PUSH for total triumph today.

Challenge: "Pray until the thing you pray for has been granted"

Prayer: "Father, give me an unwavering spirit in prayer."

Further Reading: Luke 11:5-11

Quotation:: "Push for total triumph"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, September 17, 2014

PERSIST TO PREVAIL

"But David pursued, he and four hundred men: for two hundred abode behind, which were so faint that they could not go over the brook Besor" (1 Samuel 30:10)

Efforts only fully release their rewards after a person refuses to quit —Napoleon Hill. A quitter never wins and a winner never quits. Six hundred chosen men were supposed to go to the battle to recover their losses from the enemy. From the account of 1 Samuel 30, two hundred soldiers gave up the fight because of fatigue and were ready to forfeit their properties and lose their family members. Unperturbed by their reactions the unrelenting four hundred soldiers went ahead. With divine assistance, they fought gallantly, won and recovered all that the enemies had carted away. Are you working on a difficult task? Don’t be frightened by the enormity of the assignment but look up to God for help. Thomas A Edison says “Many of life’s failure are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up.” You are closer to your breakthrough than you least imagine. Just one more stroke and another stroke and you get to the shore!

Challenge: "Nothing venture, nothing win"

Prayer: "Help me to persist in my pursuit till I get the expected result."

Further Reading: 2 Samuel 23:8-12

Quotation:: "Don’t give up"

See more at:

Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, September 18, 2014

PRAY THROUGH

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:24)

Ednan R. Worrel while waiting at a bank counter in Liverpool began to print 'PRAY THROUGH' on a blotter and filled it from top to bottom. A business man came into the bank that had grown discouraged with business troubles. His eyes caught the long column of the publication and he exclaimed, 'That is the very message I needed. I will pray through. I have tried to worry through in my own strength and merely mentioned my troubles to God; now I am going to pray the situation through until I get light.'

That is what all of you need — to pray through. Never give up a legitimate request. Pray through to resounding success, good health, divine supply and all other things "that are freely given to us of God." Why worry when you can pray. Stop worrying and start praying, and never stop until you have prayed through. All things are yours. Ask in faith and you have fullness of joy.

Challenge: "Pray joyfully and there would be nothing to worry about"

Prayer: "Father, deliver me from prayerlessness and lack of faith."

Further Reading: Matthew 15:22-28

Quotation:: "Never give up"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, September 19, 2014

AVOIDING ASSAULT

"Be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear..." (Revelation 3:18)

Apart from pornographic materials, alcohol, undue familiarities; which have been given as reasons for indecent assault and sometimes sexually assault, lewd dressing is a key factor that exposes girls and women to danger. Christian women who dress half-bare expose themselves to assaults. Exposing the delicate parts of the chest, armpit and thigh can be likened to a person with sores. He cannot but attract flies. Offensive dressing promotes lust and immorality and arouses evil passion in the opposite gender.

Every heavenly-minded believer must avoid wearing topless, backless, jumpers, mini-skirts, sleeveless, transparent clothes, and tight-fitting dresses that expose the body contours. Any dress that resembles “the attire of a harlot,” must be done away with. The Scripture says, “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment” (Deuteronomy 22:5). Even as a young believer, you ought not to copy the world in dressing pattern. You should show good example to other youths. Modesty should guide you in dressing.

Challenge: "Be wary of the attires of harlots"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to glorify You in my appearance."

Further Reading: Exodus 2: 16-21

Quotation:: "Modesty should guide you"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, September 20, 2014

WATCH YOUR WORDS

"A fool also is full of words: a man cannot tell what shall be..." (Ecclesiastes 10:14)

Coolidge Calvin became thirtieth American president in 1923. He was nicknamed "Silent Cal" because he spoke very little. A woman once told him she has made a bet that she could get him to say more than two words. "You lose," replied the President. If citizens are to pay tax on the words they speak, there will be no poor nation in the world. It is estimated that a female will speak about 20,000 words each day and a male will speak about 7,000 words each day.

A talkative is always caught up in the web of exaggeration and lies because "In multitude of sin there wanteth not sin." An ancient saying is put this way: "Men have two ears, and but one tongue, that they should hear more than they speak. The ears are always open, ever ready to receive instruction; but the tongue is surrounded with a double row of teeth, to hedge it in, and to keep it within proper bounds." Therefore, speak with caution.

Challenge: "Let thy words be few"

Prayer: "Lord, assist me to control my tongue and manage my words effectively."

Further Reading: 1 Samuel 10:13-16

Quotation:: "Speak with caution"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, September 21, 2014

THINK TRUE

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things" (Philippians 4:8.)

Henry Ford hired an efficiency expert to go through his plant. He said, "Find the nonproductive people. Tell me who they are, and I will fire them!" The expert finally returned to Henry Ford's office with his report. "I've found a problem with one of your administrators," he said. "Every time I walked by, he was sitting with his feet propped up on the desk. The man never does a thing. I definitely think you should consider getting rid of him!" When Henry Ford learned the name of the man the expert was referring to, Ford shook his head and said, "I can't fire him. I pay that man to do nothing but think —and that's what he's doing."

Every invention of man is a product of thought of an individual. The power of thought is awesome. The heart must be washed from its filthiness and made righteous in order to generate good thought. Take your heart to Jesus today for cleansing and sinful thoughts will be taken away.

Challenge: "You are a product of your thought. Think right"

Prayer: "Purify my heart to produce pure thought oh God."

Further Reading: Proverbs 4: 23-27

Quotation:: "Take your heart to Jesus"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, September 22, 2014

TREASURE YOUR TIME

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom" (Psalms 90:12)

"In time take time while time doth last, for time is no time when time is past"—Anonymous. Time is a wonderful gift from God. It is a valuable treasure that must be managed with care. It is so precious that it is given to you only in smallest possible fractions — a tiny moment at a time. Each second ticks to minutes, minute to hours and hour runs to each day. You must not trifle with time. There should be no one idle period. Each split second must be spent for good purposes and profitable ventures.

As a young person, learn to redeem the time from all that would waste it. "Tick, tick says the clock, what you have to do, do quickly." If you are living in sin, much time has already been wasted. Make haste and repent. Tomorrow may be too late. Allow God to order your time and direct your daily affairs by His Spirit. The Scripture advises you to redeem the time and not to waste it (Colossians 4:5).

Challenge: "Lost time is never found again"

Prayer: "Father, teach me to know the value of time."

Further Reading: Ephesians 5:15-17

Quotation:: "Redeem your time"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, September 23, 2014

WALK THE TALK

"He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked" (1 John 2:6)

"A man of words and not deed is like a garden full of weeds" — Elizabeth Nursery Rhyme. Walking as Christ walked is the same as living like Christ lived when He was here on earth. Every Christian youth should be like Christ. Professing Christ in name only without corresponding Christ-like lifestyle is the same as denying Christ. All such profession will be in vain and of no value if your life does not conform to Christ. Christ-like living is the proof that Christ lives in a believer.

You must follow His pattern because no claim to Christianity is valid without the emulation of His exemplary life. He is sinless, innocent and obedient. He is holy, humble and harmless. He is loyal, lowly and loving and so must you. Our creeds must match our deeds. Are you following in His steps? Any youth who works without Christ will soon walk into a worthless future. Profession of religion without corresponding Christ's saving grace is worthless and utter hypocrisy.

Challenge: "Validate your confession by your conduct"

Prayer: "Lord, make me an exemplary Christian youth."

Further Reading: 1 Peter 2:21-23

Quotation:: "Conform to Christ"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18am On Sep 24, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A CASHLESS COVENANT

"Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price" (Isaiah 55:1)

In His book, The End of Money, David Wolman predicted the end of paper money and coins. The digital society, advancement in technology and efficient banking system is making his predictions a reality today. Today, only seven percent of transactions in the United States are done with cash. The advent of a cashless society is around the corner.

In our text today, God proposed a contract made without money or currency. He invited the hungry and thirsty to a rich banquet of milk and wine and fat things! This is a gospel invitation extended to ALL provided you are thirsty and are willing to come to the waters. Jesus made a similar invitation to those who are weary and heavy laden. The provisions are made freely for all who come. The required currency is faith. The invitee should also be ready and willing to exchange his guilt with Christ’s righteousness.

Challenge: "Spiritual wealth is obtained without money"

Prayer: "Fill my cup, Lord; I lift it up, Lord."

Further Reading: Matthew 11: 28-31

Quotation:: "The required currency is faith"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, September 25, 2014

COMMON COURTESY

"Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:32)

Joseph Addison and Richard Steele in 1711 began to publish a daily periodical called, The Spectator, in which they offer regular counsel on polite manners, civil conducts, pleasant tempers and winsome demeanours. Etiquette is the name given to such code of behaviour that lays down the expected and acceptable conduct according to social norms and conventions.

Even before the publication of The Spectator, the Bible had been the best record of sound morals for acceptable social behaviours. The younger ones are expected to recognise and respect the elders. At home, in the school and in the Church, youths are expected to show regard for their parents, teachers and pastors. As society becomes more liberal, respect for elders and recognition of authority is becoming uncommon.

Christian youths should endeavour to uphold this age-old precept despite the present inclinations of unconverted youths. Remember, obedience brings blessing.

Challenge: "Do you respect your elders?"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to respect my leaders."

Further Reading: Exodus 20: 12, Luke 2:51

Quotation:: "Obedience brings blessing"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, September 26, 2014

LISTENING TO LEARN

"My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings" (Proverbs 4:20)

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears" was the opening of Mark Anthony’s funeral oration for Julius Caesar. The expression has become a popular English phrase and is a polite way of asking for people’s full attention. There is a difference between hearing and listening. Hearing is one of our five physical senses, but listening is a skill to be developed with practice. The key to effective communication is listening.

Effective listening comes by paying attention to the words of the speaker. Many youths suffer from attention deficit. They are unable to pay attention in class, in Church and at home. They receive instructions but make little use of them. Lack of attention is often caused by forgetfulness and unnecessary distractions. You will miss a lot in life when you fail to listen attentively. According to Rachel Naomi Remen, "The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention". Take heed to God's counsel today.

Challenge: "Effective listening requires concentration"

Prayer: "Lord, I will incline my ears to your words."

Further Reading: Isaiah 50:1-5

Quotation:: "Just listen"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, September 28, 2014

BEWARE OF BACKSLIDING!

"I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the pre-eminence among them, receiveth us not" (3 John 9)

Diotrephes was an officer and a key leader in the Church. He exerted considerable authority upon the brethren. He is supposed to be a Christian. But he has a different spirit and manifests some strange unchristian characters. He loved pre-eminence and prominence in the Church. He rejected apostolic authority, scorned apostolic letter of recommendations and refused to receive fellow ministers. He refused to do good and hindered those who wished to do well. What must have happened to Diotrephes? It is possible Diotrephes became a leader without receiving the grace of God. Some youths become Church workers without conversion. It is also possible he had backslidden and come short of the grace of God. Whatever be the case, Diotrephes needs to visit Calvary again. He needs to come afresh to the Throne of Grace and receive mercy. If you are like Diotrephes, you need Christ again.

Challenge: "A graceless heart is a hindrance"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to remain in the Love of God."

Further Reading: 3 John: 1-11

Quotation:: "You need Christ"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, September 29, 2014

WIDE AWAKE

"Then Paul called one of the centurions unto him, and said, Bring this young man unto the chief captain: for he hath a certain thing to tell him" (Acts 23:17)

The youth in the above passage has a top secret security report for the chief captain. He happened to be privy of a secret plot by the Jews to murder Paul. He overheard the discussion and he knew Paul’s life was in danger. He did not keep quiet but acted promptly and decisively. He revealed the secret to the chief captain, and Paul’s life was spared. In the same vein, Mordecai saved the life of King Ahasuerus by revealing the assassination plot of two men.

Even as a youth, you need to be wide awake. You may happen to know of a secret plot of other youths to cause mayhem or violent riot in the school or in the community. You may be aware of the plan of the street boys to perpetrate wickedness in the neighbourhood. Don't hide the matter from appropriate authorities. But do that with counsel and wisdom.

Challenge: "Expose the hidden works of darkness"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to be alert."

Further Reading: Esther 6:1-3

Quotation:: "Don't hide the matter"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jesus Saves by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, September 30, 2014

HAND IN YOUR HEART

"My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways" (Proverbs 23:26)

Henry Rider Haggard, in his book, Montezuma’s Daughter, described the dreadful human sacrifice of the people of Anahuac in the pre-Columbia civilisation. Their gods, Hu Itzel and Quetzel demanded the offering of the human heart on each of their annual eighteen festivities. On the day of sacrifice, amidst great noise of music and chanting, the victim was spread on the stone of sacrifice, held by five priests with the breast upwards. Then the chief priest, using a curved knife of flint-like glass slashed open the victim’s breast with a single blow, extracted the heart which was placed on a golden bowl and offered to the gods. In our text, God makes a demand for the heart of his worshippers. But the heart He is requesting for is spiritual and not physical. While the victims of the gods of the Anahuac are offered against their will, God demands a voluntary surrender of your heart. If you must be a true child of God, give your heart to Jesus today.

Challenge: "God demands your heart"

Prayer: "Here’s my heart, Lord, take and seal it for your service."

Further Reading: Romans 12:1-3

Quotation:: "Give your heart to Jesus"

See more at: Higher Everyday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: LordTheus(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.