Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,385 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts (1376402 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2016

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men" (Acts 24.16).

A young vibrant evangelist once led a team for an outreach in a remote village. He first led the team to the Chief's palace to pay homage. As he was speaking, the king kept his eyes glued to him. After his address, the chief ordered his guards to get the evangelist arrested. What happened? The Chief remembered that the evangelist had once led a team of boys to steal his golden wristwatch when he (the Chief) was working in the city. "But God has pardoned him and he is now saved," someone might say. Truly, God forgives our sins when we repent but demands restitution.

Restitution is making things right with people we have injured or wronged. It involves paying back debts, restoring stolen articles, uncovering past crimes and confessing lies. When rightly done, the peace of God floods the heart, there is confidence toward God in prayer, guilt is removed, sinners are converted and spiritual progress is made.

Challenge: "When will you make your restitution?"

Prayer: "Lord, I need a conscience void of offence"

Quote: "Restitution is making things right with people"

Further Reading: Judges 17:2

See more at:

Lack of restitution will not allow a person to prosper.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men" (Acts 24.16).

A young vibrant evangelist once led a team for an outreach in a remote village. He first led the team to the Chief's palace to pay homage. As he was speaking, the king kept his eyes glued to him. After his address, the chief ordered his guards to get the evangelist arrested. What happened? The Chief remembered that the evangelist had once led a team of boys to steal his golden wristwatch when he (the Chief) was working in the city. "But God has pardoned him and he is now saved," someone might say. Truly, God forgives our sins when we repent but demands restitution.

Restitution is making things right with people we have injured or wronged. It involves paying back debts, restoring stolen articles, uncovering past crimes and confessing lies. When rightly done, the peace of God floods the heart, there is confidence toward God in prayer, guilt is removed, sinners are converted and spiritual progress is made.

See more at:

Restitution attracts mercy and grace.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution speeds up answers to prayers

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Lack of restitution can lead to frustration and stagnation

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution puts an end to plagues and afflictions.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution opens the door for a new beginning

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution can make people to trust you more.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:01am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution helps you to build new relationships.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:02am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution brings mercy and mercy triumphs over judgement.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:02am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution helps you to build new relationships

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:04am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution may be in the form of confession of sins.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:04am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution may be in the form of sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by ookay(m): 12:05am On Oct 23, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday

REASONS FOR RESTITUTION

See more at:

Restitution may require counsel from more mature christians.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2016

LEAVE A GODLY LEGACY

"Now there was at Joppa, a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and alms deeds which she did" (Acts 9:36).

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived, it is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead," stated Nelson Mandela. This man is remembered for the services he rendered and sacrifices he made for his country. He left his footprints in the sands of time.

As our text implies, our actions and attitudes towards those around us matter a lot because it is for them we shall be remembered for good or for bad. You can do something to make a positive impact on the people around you. The quest for power and influence has led many youths to join gangs or cults. However, when you surrender your life to Christ, selfishness ceases to be your motivation for doing things. A story was told of a young Christian boy whose peaceful way of life and testimony from his community saved him from deportation and another whose way of life got him into prison. Christ in you makes you a better person.

Challenge: "What legacy will you leave?"

Prayer: "Lord, let your Son reign in me that I may shine for you"

Quote: "Christ in you makes you a better person"

Further Reading: Jeremiah 35:11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2016

PERIL OF PROCRASTINATION

"And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, go thy way for this time when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee" (Act 24:25).

In his book, Managing Your Time, Steeve Chalke pointed out, "Not only will procrastination make you inefficient, of course, it will also add considerably to your overall sense of worry, guilt, pressure and low self esteem, so reducing your efficiency even more." To procrastinate is to postpone doing something, especially as a habit. According to Edward Young, "Procrastination is a thief of time." It is so dangerous that it can destroy one's life visions and goals.

Many people, for example, like Felix in today's text, postpone their salvation for a more convenient time which may never come. Jesus was prompt in action during his earthly ministry. He declared, "I must do the works of him that sent me, while it is day, the night cometh when no man can work" (John 9:3).

Do not toy with procrastination through laziness and fruitless activities if you want to be the head and not the tail in your school, work or career. If you have been delaying action on issues of salvation, restitution or water baptism, act now.

Challenge: "Get up and get it done now?"

Prayer: "Lord, set me free from procrastination"

Quote: "Procrastination is a thief of time"

Further Reading: Proverbs 6:6-11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2016

FAITH IN THE FURNACE

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned" (Isaiah 43:2).

Ruki was an excellent lady born into a middle class family and did her best to get the most of what her parents could afford. Her life changed when she decided to surrender her life to Jesus and leave the other religion. Her family rejected her, peers mocked her and her education was threatened. However, with God's help, she later won a scholarship to study in a prestigious university in the USA and now works in an international oil company.

Today, her life is a challenge to youths who like her, are going through difficult moments because of their faith in Christ. No youth therefore, should cast away his or her confidence, no matter the persecution. He who has called us is able to see us through. Whatever the situation may be, simply hand it over to God. He will not fail you.

Challenge: "Don't give up your faith!"

Prayer: "Lord, make my life a testimony of your grace and favour"

Quote: "God will not fail you"

Further Reading: Daniel 3:17-25

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2016

MOTION WITHOUT MOVEMENT

"And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone. And the king of Israel said unto him, so shall thy judgment be, thyself hast decided it" (1 King 20:40).

Lou Erickson said, "Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps ticking, whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still." Yes, standing still, but the meter is ticking, the engine is running but no distance covered and the fare must be paid.

The servant in our text shows us what goes on in many lives today. A student may claim to be busy studying during the holidays yet neglects to get his school assignments done. Choose the best use of your time to build a great future. Productive movement may sometimes require a waiting time to strategize for the next big level.

Sadly, waiting is one of the least things youths like to do. They prefer to engage in fruitless activities than to purposefully wait. This has resulted in some entering the university to read courses which they change after a year or two. What a waste! Christian youths also are watchmen over lost souls. From them God will require their blood.

Challenge: "Don't be too busy to add value"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to utilise every opportunity I have"

Quote: "Christian youths are watchmen over lost souls"

Further Reading: Ecclesiastes 10:15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29am On Oct 27, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2016

PEACE BUILDING PEOPLE

"Blessed are the peace makers; for they shall be called the children of God" (Matthew 5:9).

Peace is a great asset because it provides progress. E. A. Reinschmidt counselled, "Those who make peace bring God in, but those who cause division shut him out. To bring God in is the most righteous act that any man can perform. To wreck His sanctuary and drive God out is the most wicked thing that any man or devil can do."

Whether in God's house or in the larger society, there should be peace and peace builders are needed. The search for peace in nations led to the appointment of peace ambassadors who often times are young persons whose responsibility is to engage in peace talks in conflict areas.

True peace, however, is only found in Jesus. He is the Peace Maker between lost humanity and God. He commands His followers to go and make peace in the world. Christians are to follow peace with all men (Hebrews 12:14). Apostle Paul was a peace builder who made peace between Philemon and Onesimus (Philemon 8-18). Be a peace builder in your home, school and community.

Challenge: "Are you a peace builder or destroyer?"

Prayer: "Lord, make me an instrument of peace"

Quote: "Peace is only found in Jesus"

Further Reading: Hebrews 11:14

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016

FAITHFUL FRIENDS

"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24).

George Washington said, "Be courteous to all, but intimate with a few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
Faithful friends are not gotten like ripe mango fruits that drop at your feet from the tree. There is a trial and maturing process. Several people have been hurt in one way or the other by 'friends' and had vowed never to make friends again.

The Christian youth can make good friends if they allow God to guide them. Human knowledge is limited, hence the help of God is needed. "You are known by the friends you keep," someone said. David and Jonathan were faithful friends that God brought together. Jesus called His disciples friends because he did not hide anything from them. A true friend will love in sadness and joy. Jesus condoled with Mary and Martha over the death of their brother, Lazarus (Jesus' friend). God gives faithful friends to those who pray.

Challenge: "They are rich who have true friends?"

Prayer: "Lord, make me a good friend like Jesus"

Quote: "A true friend will love in sadness and joy"

Further Reading: 1 Samuel 18:1-4

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:21am On Oct 29, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016

WEALTH IN WISDOM

"For wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it" (Proverb 8:11).

When we talk about wealth, what comes to the mind of many is the flamboyant life of the rich, their net worth in financial and material riches. But in this context we mean an entirely different wealth which is greater than silver, gold or money. It is wealth that is attached to wisdom of spoken words and actions. William A. Ward said: Before you speak, listen/ Before you write, think/ Before you spend, earn/ Before you Invest, investigate/ Before you criticise, wait/ Before you pray, forgive/ Before you quit, try/ Before you retire, save and/ Before you die, give. That is a wealth of wisdom.

In times of critical decisions, the wise is sought after. Yes, wisdom is the right application of knowledge. No wonder king Solomon's words were outstanding. Holy Spirit inspired words are very rich and edifying. Get the wisdom from above which is: pure, peaceable, gentle, without partiality and hypocrisy. Accept Christ and obtain the wealth in wisdom.

Challenge: "Seek wealth in wisdom?"

Prayer: "Lord, speak to me that I may speak"

Quote: "Accept Christ and obtain the wealth in wisdom"

Further Reading: Proverbs 4:7

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2016

WHOLESOME WORDS

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver" (Proverb 25:11).

Spoken words are like eggs, which if broken, cannot be put together again. When you speak a word, it goes to the hearer or target, and like a launched missile, it cannot be recalled. Hence we must be careful what we say. "There is many a home intact today because some things which were felt were never spoken," said John C. Wynn. Those who always want to speak their minds ruin families, churches and friendships.

As a Christian, if you speak angry, malicious and hate words, you are not doing well. Instead, your words should be wholesome, aimed at building up the lives of others; encouraging, comforting and confidence building. Hear Jesus' words to His followers: "Be of good cheer," "Let not your heart be troubled," "Have faith in God," "I will give you rest," "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you," "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." These are not threatening but wholesome words. You can speak wholesome words if you are in Christ.

Challenge: "Aim today to speak only excellent words?"

Prayer: "Lord, teach me to speak well"

Quote: "You can speak wholesome words"

Further Reading: Isaiah 24:7

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2016

LET YOUR WORK LAST

"Then Eliezer the son of Dadovah of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying because thou hast joined thyself with Ahaziah, the LORD has broken they works, and the ship were broken, that they were not able to go to Tarshish" (2 Chronicles 20:37).

Through diligent research, inventions that once seemed impossible are now taking place before our eyes. "The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it," said Elbert Hubbard. When Popular Mechanics (PM), assembled its panel of 25 experts to select the 50 most pioneering inventions of the last fifty years, many wonderful products made the list. They include: Polio Vaccine (1955), Microwave Oven (1955), Jet Airliner (1958), Communications satellite (1962), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (1964), Automatic Teller Machine - ATM (1969) and Cellphone (1973). These inventions are still in use today in advanced forms. Your works here on earth will speak for you now or later, for good or for bad. The Christian should look beyond time to eternity. Though you can engage in secular careers for which you are gifted, you should use your gifts for God's glory.

Challenge: "What will you be remembered for?"

Prayer: "Lord, guide me in all my endeavours in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Use your gift for God' glory"

Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 3:13-15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2016

MANS' UPWARD MOVEMENT

"A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men" (Proverbs 18:16).

An upward move is nothing but progress and there are many factors that cause progress. God gives everyone gifts according to his or her several abilities. The way you develop and use them will often determine your rate of progress. A major component of one's upward move, apart from gifts, is action. William Ward stated, "Study while others are sleeping, work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing and dream while others are wishing." Another component is character; a gifted person with a weak character may never make it to the top or would rise astronomically but eventually have a great fall.

As a Christian youth, you must learn how to identify and develop your talents and use them. Many youths may have the same gifts and engage in the same profession, for example dressmaking; but your diligence and commitment to a perfect finish, will single you out for patronage of the high and low in the society. You do not have to push someone down to be elevated; neither Bezaleel, nor Joseph did so. If Christ reigns in you, your progress cannot be hindered.

Challenge: "You can if you give it your best?"

Prayer: "Lord lift me up to higher ground"

Quote: "Your progress can't be hindered"

Further Reading: Proverbs 22:29

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2016

THE DEVIL'S DEVICES

"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices" (2 Corinthians 2:11).

The Devil always wants to tempt and bring down the righteous. According to G. B. Duncan, "Jesus was tempted not because He was bad, but because He was important."

A device is a trick or a scheme that is designed to produce a particular effect. Satan has many tricks he uses to derail, deceive and destroy people. He can use anybody or any object to achieve this. For students, he can use concern about their studies to make them abandon fellowship, prayer meetings and daily Bible reading.

Today's text shows how alert and watchful God's children should be to avoid the destructive plans of Satan. The word 'lest' denotes precaution; that something must be done to prevent you from falling into Satan's traps. The best way to overcome Satan is to abide in the Vine (Jesus). Learn to resist the devil. Run away from all sinful scenes and objects. You must also give yourself to prayer, watchfulness, and studying and obeying God's Word. Are you free from sin?

Challenge: "Greater is Christ in believers?"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to overcome Satan's devices to the end"

Quote: "To overcome, abide in the Vine"

Further Reading: Matthew 4:1-119

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2016

HOLINESS AND HEAVEN

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14).

Have you heard a jesting drunkard exclaiming: "God will be so much angry at my sins that when He wants to throw me into hell, His fury will push me over hell fire and I'll land in heaven?" This is one of those deceptive utterances from a deceived heart. Heaven is a holy place that is prepared for only holy people. No sinner will gain access to heaven. The Holy Bible sets forth the conditions for making heaven. We must live in peace with all men and be holy.

To be able to possess and practise this peace, you must invite the Prince of Peace into your heart. Having become a child of God through the new birth experience, you must press forward by earnestly praying to God for heart sanctification. This experience fills your heart with God's love that will help you always live peacefully and holily with everybody. You will be sure of making heaven whenever the Rapture occurs. Are you a child of God? Do you have the holiness experience? Do you make peace with your friends at home and at school?

Challenge: "Those who follow peace with God and men are God's children?"

Prayer: "Make me holy just as you are, Lord"

Quote: "No holiness no heaven"

Further Reading: Revelation 21: 7-8, 27

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2016

DOSSIERS OF EARTHLY DEEDS

"Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart" (Ecclesiastes 11:9).

The world of today seems to belong to the youths. They are in every aspect of life. They are in all fields, acquiring knowledge, whether good or bad. They want to enjoy life and make name and money. They throng the entertainment industry as pop singers, actors and actresses. Many are into modelling, exposing their sensitive body parts to seduce. Some are into jesting and comedy, ridiculing the righteous people and the sacred Word of God.

King Solomon in the text of today warns the youth of God's impending judgment on them for their earthly deeds. Actually, God has the records of the deeds of the living and the dead, small and great in books, one of them being the book of life. If your name goes into any book outside the Book of life, you will go to hell (Revelation 20:12-15). You must be born again to have your name in the book of life. Afterwards, you must daily walk with God as Enoch did.

Challenge: "Only Jesus' blood erases bad records"

Prayer: "Grant me wisdom to serve you with the best of my life, Lord"

Quote: "Walk with God"

Further Reading: Romans 2:16; Jude 14-15

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2016

A WONDERFULLY MADE WORLD

"And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made the stars also" (Genesis 1:16).

The best way to appreciate the beauty and perfection of God's creation is to try to substitute any of His works with your own idea. For example, you might think of removing your eye balls to the back of your skull for God might have made a mistake by putting them where they are. Imagine how ugly and horrible you would look! This was why the Psalmist exclaimed, "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works" (Psalm 139:14).

No scientist has ever flawed any aspect of God's creation. God knows we need the great sunlight to do our work during the day and the lesser light for rest from the labour of the day in the night. Spiritually, God has sent His Son, Jesus Christ, as the Light of this world. Those who receive Him into their hearts as their Saviour will daily enjoy His guidance. They will not stumble in this dark world. Therefore, invite Jesus into your heart today.

Challenge: "God's Word is a light to our feet"

Prayer: "Guide me O Lord, Jehovah"

Quote: "I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

Further Reading: John 1:1-12

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:48am On Nov 06, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2016

TESTIMONIES FROM TESTS

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire" (1 Peter 1:7).

Many people, especially students, are always afraid of tests. Yet, it is tests that will promote them to the next level of their education. It is simply a stepping stone to success, promotion and achievement. The importance of test makes it mandatory for all to adequately prepare for it. "God allows us to go through certain tests so that our faith can grow stronger. Great faith is a result of severe testing. It is not easy to pass the test of faith," wrote Dr. David Yonggi Cho. God tests His children in order to move them to another level of faith and breakthrough.

The Bible is full of people who were faced with tests or trials of faith. From people like Abraham, Job and Hannah to Ruth, Daniel and Joseph, their tests were fierce. Some Bible characters were jailed, thrown into fire and the lions' den, while some experienced lack. However, they kept their faith in God without compromise and triumphed. You too will triumph and laugh.

Challenge: "Our God is able to deliver us from all trials"

Prayer: "Help me Jesus to overcome like Joseph"

Quote: "You will triumph and laugh"

Further Reading: Psalms 66:10-12

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Nov 07, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2016

TAKE GOD'S TIMING

"He hath made everything beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their hearts so that no man can find out..." (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

The popular saying that "God's time is the best" has been proved right in all ages. The birth of Christ was prophesied many years before it happened. Many Israelites believed it but died waiting for it to happen. Simeon also believed and the Holy Ghost revealed to him that he would not die until he saw Jesus born and he did (Luke 2:25-32). It was God's perfect timing which no one could meddle with.

Christ's Second Coming is now a controversial matter. While some are fixing the time of the great event, the scoffers say it might not even happen due to seeming delay (2 Peter 3:3, 4). But hear this, "that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" (2 Peter 3:8.)

Do not set time for your Maker, the Omniscient God. His desires for you are always excellent. Don't be in a hurry, trying to have everything instantly. Whether it is about things concerning your own life or about the Lord's Second Coming, just pray and wait for it. God does not disappoint.

Challenge: "God's time is the best for you"

Prayer: "Give me grace to wait on you, LORD"

Quote: "Pray and wait for God"

Further Reading: Psalms 37:3-5

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2016

HAPPY TURN FOR HANNAH

"And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived and bare three sons and two daughters. And the child Samuel grew before the LORD" (1 Samuel 2:21).

Nearly all people who believe in the existence of God want divine visitation. People know that God's visitation always brings joy and happiness to the sorrowful. You too might have been longing for God's intervention. He will do it for you. Hannah, in her night of sorrow due to bareness and provocations, prayed for just a son, but God added three more sons and two daughters. It was her happy turn.

Today may be your happy turn if you are ready. God's blessing doesn't just come to anybody. The Bible says "God visited Hannah." But why did He visit her and wipe away her tears of sorrow? Hannah was pure, patient and prayerful. If you want God's miracles and interventions in your situations, let the Lord Jesus be the Lord of your life.

Do you have any problem with your studies, health or relationships? Live pure; be patient and prayerful like Hannah. You too will have a happy turn if you can look up to God like Hannah did.

Challenge: "Be patient for God's visitation"

Prayer: "Give me a miracle today, Lord"

Quote: "You too will have a happy turn"

Further Reading: Genesis 21:1-3; Psalms 37:3-5

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2016

STRENGTH FOR THE STUMBLING

"The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength" (1 Samuel 2:4).

In his book, Spiritual Leadership, J. Oswald Sanders said, "A study of Bible characters reveals that most of those who made history were men who failed at some point, and some of them drastically, but who refused to continue lying in the dust."

The patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, failed at one time or the other, and so did Peter; but they rose up to have their names in the Bible hall of fame. Failure is not in falling down but in failing to rise up after a fall. As a child, Thomas Edison's teacher gave up on him saying that he was 'addled' and as such would not benefit from school work. But his mother, who was once a teacher, took him home to become his teacher. He also studied on his own and eventually made it in life.

Do you have any setback in your studies? Are you down spiritually? Don't be discouraged. Look up to God for help! "The LORD will give strength unto his people..." (Psalm 29:11). You are not one of God's people? Then, give your life to Jesus now.

Challenge: "The strength to win in all battles is with God"

Prayer: "Lord, keep me standing till the end"

Quote: "Look to God for help!"

Further Reading: Isaiah 40: 28-31

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:04am On Nov 11, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2016

CALLING AND GOD'S CALL

"And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers" (Mathew 4:18, 19).

Today's topic is on one's calling (career or occupation), and God's call for service. One may train and practise as a medical doctor but receive the call to serve in God's Vineyard.

Dr. David Livingstone and Mary Slessor are examples of medical practitioners who obeyed God's call to full time missionary work. According to Gordon Lindsay, "A man does not become a minister, as he would decide to choose one of the secular professions. Often, though not always, the call is associated with a powerful spiritual experience." Does this remind you of the call of Jeremiah and Apostle Paul?

In our text today, Peter and Andrew who were fishermen by calling had a call from Jesus to become fishers of men (gospel preachers). As a youth, have you chosen your career? When you finish training in whatever field you can serve God in your career. But if you receive a special call to ministry, you will have to obey. However, if you are still living in sin, Jesus is calling you for the salvation of your soul today.

Challenge: "Isaiah answered the Lord, "Here am I; send me""

Prayer: "Lord Jesus, make me a soul winner"

Quote: "Serve God in your career"

Further Reading: Isaiah 6: 1-8

See more at:

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.