Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,472 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts (1376451 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14am On Sep 24, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2017

MODEL TEACHER FOR MAN
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:6-8

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest" (Proverbs 6:6-8.).

Ants are smart, little creatures that work individually and collectively for the common good of all members of the group, though without a leader. They work very hard in summer and harvest time to make food available for their consumption all through summer, spring and autumn. During winter, they do not work or eat but sleep well. No insect is as hard working as the ant, not even the popular "busy bee."

As a youth, you have a lot to learn from the ant. And if you desire to serve God, you must avoid laziness. "Everyone who is ever used of God labours and works diligently in His service," said Watchman Nee. To succeed in life, you must have intrinsic motivation. Do not wait to be pushed to do your work. Differentiate between the time to work and time to rest or play. The ants sleep only in winter: what a lesson!

If you fail to work hard now, the future may be woeful. If you are not yet saved, repent now so that God can renew your strength for great achievements.

Challenge: "Give your work the concentration it deserves"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to work hard for success."

Quote: "The ants sleep only in winter. What a lesson!"

Bible Reading in one Year: Ecclesiastes 3: 1

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2017

SLEEP ABUSE BY STUDENTS
TEXT: PROVERBS 6:9

"How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? When wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?" (Proverbs 6:9)

The sluggard, according to Dictionary.com is, "a person who is habitually indolent." It is synonymous with being lazy. Sleep has been identified as a major problem that faces many youths. It is necessary to sleep in order to live a healthy life and record high productivity at study. However, our concern is the abuse of sleep. If you sleep for too many hours, it would negatively affect the time for studies, and other activities necessary for your success. Medical experts recommend an average of eight hours of sleep daily. Most students don't have the luxury of more than that, especially senior students and those in external examination classes. You could even sleep less than the recommended eight hours during examination periods and make up during holidays.

How about waking up early to fellowship with God before other activities of the day come calling? It takes self-discipline to wake up and get out of bed early in the morning for a quiet time with God. The sluggard finds this a hard task. Pray for a change today, you sluggard!

Challenge: "Too much sleep causes poor performance"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to overcome laziness and too much sleep."

Quote: "Pray for a change today, you sluggard!"

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 6: 10, 11

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
Is this your pastor, or is this you in person?..
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpGgqKALIAA

Higher Everyday
Saturday, July 26, 2014

CHRIST'S CREATURE

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Seventeen years ago a troubled 12-year-old boy broke into a classroom at his elementary school in a rural Northern California town to steal $300 that classmates had saved for a field trip. Recently, he returned to repay the debt and left a thoughtful apology which reads in part, "I have enclosed this money in restitution of what I have done in an attempt to make this matter right, amends for my wrong." Says Principal James Berardi: "I hope it gives him what he wants, what he was seeking. I don't know if that was to lift a burden off him." Adds teacher Willow DeFranco: "It touched my heart." The incident has become a teaching moment at the school.

Today, millions of hardened youths are being genuinely transformed through the gospel of Christ. To be in Christ involves recognising your sinfulness; a resolve to dump every sin and connect to Him by faith. No one experiences Christ and remains the same in life.

Challenge: "The only proof of your salvation is the changed of life"

Prayer:: "Lord, I come to you today just as I am and surrender myself to you."

Further Reading: Ephesians 2: 1-19

Quotation:: "Connect to Christ by faith"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2017

DIVINE DREAMS DON'T DIE
TEXT: GENESIS 37: 8

"And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words" (Genesis 37: 8 )

The story of Joseph is a classical demonstration of the awesome power of God who introduced himself to Moses as, "I AM THAT I AM." He has what it takes to bring to pass whatever He promises to do and nobody can stop him. In his book, Understanding the Dream You Dream, Ira Milligan states, "The Bible reveals that in the past God spoke through dreams to saints and sinners alike-warning them, directing them, helping them. He still does today." Joseph's brothers hated him because of the dreams that God gave him. They conspired and did all they could to kill the dream. However, in attempting to stop the dream, they succeeded in moving Joseph to a faster realization of the dream they wanted to stop.

What dream has God given you? Lay hold on God by giving your life entirely to Christ and nothing can stop its fulfillment. God reveals things to His children in many ways, including dreams. If you are God's child, you will hear from Him. And the more intimate you are with Him, the more He shows things to you.

Challenge: "You can receive a divine dream"

Prayer: "Let my dream become a reality, O Lord!"

Quote: "If you are God's child, you will hear from Him"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Kings 3:5-14

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
brocab:

Is this your pastor, or is this you in person?..

What do you think? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 3:19am On Sep 27, 2017
I don't know? Are you the preacher, or are you not? It was just a simple ask, but hey, if you feel it is to much for you answer, then don't...
But I wouldn't like to be a pastor, these days pastors are taught to take all the enjoyment out from preaching the word of God.. cool
OLAADEGBU:

What do you think? undecided
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2017
This is a interesting subject to go along with:
Let us be truthful, and allow me to say, "There are more Christians these days who claim they have never had a encounter with the Lord?
Many Christians are either confused by their own mistakes, or confused by the Churches mistakes, how God operates, and how God reaches out to His own people..
I believe becoming a born again believer, is a manger key to open up our hearts towards the Lord, automatically we have a spirit filled connection between God and man, everything the Lord uses to connect, we are connected..

Christians that claim they have never heard from God, are like Christians caught up in a flood.
The floods came and was beating on their house-and God see's the raging floods beating against that house.
Then the Christians called out to God, saying God save us, "and God responded to their call, "as God had always promised He would."
And God sends out a helicopter nearby, the Christians refused God's rescue, the helicopter leaves to save others, the Christians called out again' God save us, God's sends them a boat, and the Christians refused that too.
Later the floods came and took them all away, and as they entered into heaven, they said to God, why didn't you save us, God said: I did, I sent you a helicopter, and a boat, and both times you didn't hear "My voice".

God said: Seek and you will find, knock and it will be open, everyone that ask, God will be there..God can reach out every-way possible, a Television, a movie, a radio, a sign on the side of a road, God's Word is the bible, God used a donkey, even a burning bush.
God will never leave us, Many Christians haven't the faith to believe God will never leave us, or believe in us, Many are called, but few are chosen, pray unto the Lord, because every encounter with the lord, is the lords. God is the living God, everything God does, and everything God says, believe it.. And Christ will believe in you.. Just going to a Church, helping a little old lady cross the road won't help you into heaven, to be a believer in Christ, is a lot more to just dream you have made it?
Jesus may even say to some of the Christians , He never knew them.
Try it sometime...
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2017

DIVINE DREAMS DON'T DIE
TEXT: GENESIS 37: 8

"And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words" (Genesis 37: 8 )

The story of Joseph is a classical demonstration of the awesome power of God who introduced himself to Moses as, "I AM THAT I AM." He has what it takes to bring to pass whatever He promises to do and nobody can stop him. In his book, Understanding the Dream You Dream, Ira Milligan states, "The Bible reveals that in the past God spoke through dreams to saints and sinners alike-warning them, directing them, helping them. He still does today." Joseph's brothers hated him because of the dreams that God gave him. They conspired and did all they could to kill the dream. However, in attempting to stop the dream, they succeeded in moving Joseph to a faster realization of the dream they wanted to stop.

What dream has God given you? Lay hold on God by giving your life entirely to Christ and nothing can stop its fulfillment. God reveals things to His children in many ways, including dreams. If you are God's child, you will hear from Him. And the more intimate you are with Him, the more He shows things to you.

Challenge: "You can receive a divine dream"

Prayer: "Let my dream become a reality, O Lord!"

Quote: "If you are God's child, you will hear from Him"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Kings 3:5-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2017

SATAN FEARS SAINTS
TEXT: 1 JOHN 5:18

"We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not" (1 John 5:18)

A testimony was given that shows that a saint is untouchable. A wall of fire was found around a Christian sister who was a target of attacks by a demon-possessed relative. The sister testified that the attacker later confessed, after many unsuccessful attempts made on her. The evil person confessed that each time efforts were made to get at her, the attacker would meet her in the midst of a flame of fire which made it impossible for her to get hurt. Rick Joyner declared that, "Those who refuse to acknowledge the reality of the spiritual warfare are inevitably overcome by it. Even so we need not fear-He who is in us is much greater than he who is in the world."

The Lord is the Shield of all saints. Are you a saint? If you are, nothing should terrify you because: (1) you can resist the Devil and he will flee from you. (2) No one can pluck you out of God's hand (3) Anyone who touches you, touches the apple of God's eye. Hallelujah! You are more than a conqueror.

Challenge: "Make Christ your shield"

Prayer: "Lord, make me unconquerable, in Jesus' name"

Quote: "The Lord is the shield of all saints"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 18:2

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by Gravas(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
The LORD is a mighty shield to the believers as shown in Psalm 91. It is true. Satan fears the saints. All it takes is for believers to uphold the spiritual banners of FAITH and RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
brocab:

I don't know? Are you the preacher, or are you not? It was just a simple ask, but hey, if you feel it is to much for you answer, then don't...
But I wouldn't like to be a pastor, these days pastors are taught to take all the enjoyment out from preaching the word of God.. cool

He is my pastor. Are you a Christian?
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 4:54am On Sep 28, 2017
No I don't call myself a Christian, these days people from all walks of life call themselves Christians, it doesn't prove they are.
I myself am a believer in Christ-but you wouldn't recognise me, as one like you?
We don't have to beat around the bush but we both know we preach two different doctrines.
And if this man is your pastor-as you boast, than I suppose you wouldn't feel you need to read the scriptures, since you have this man on your team, It amazes me, why nearly every Church around the globe refuses {1 Timothy 6:3-5} that say's "Men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is their means to Financial gain. Jesus then said: From such withdraw yourselves..
"Don't Christians ever read their bibles anymore, we believers do-God never preaches about tithing, God had always preached on giving.
{Matthew 6:21} Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
OLAADEGBU:

He is my pastor. Are you a Christian?
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2017

CONFIDENCE IN CHRIST
TEXT: HEBREWS 10:35

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward" (Hebrews 10:35)

The confidence or trust of some youths is in the wealth and influential positions of their parents, their personal ability or beauty. Others trust in occult powers, charms and talismans. Having seen various battles, challenging circumstances and situations, King David, the second king of Israel, declared in Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust the name of the Lord."

Dear reader of this devotional, in whom or what do you trust? Do not trust in your parents and other loved ones, no matter how wealthy and powerful they are. Human beings can disappoint for various reasons in the twinkling of an eye. That is not to say that you should not honour and believe them. However, place your confidence in God, the Almighty, who is always there for you and cannot change or disappoint.

Challenge: "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand"

Prayer: "Help me Lord, to trust you absolutely"

Quote: "Place your confidence and hope in God"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 52:8; 1 Peter 1:21

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2017

FLEE FORNICATION
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 4:3

"For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication" (1 Thessalonians 4:3)

Fornication is an immoral relationship between boys and girls or men and women who are not married. It is a deadly sin with the capacity to destroy your physical and spiritual lives. Little wonder then that the instruction of God is to flee from it. No excuse is acceptable for you to commit immorality. Don't allow any boy or girl to seduce you. If you are tempted by anyone to commit fornication, do what Joseph did in Genesis 39:7-12. Run away! Do not stay back to negotiate with anyone who suggests immorality to you. Tim Lahaye wrote that, "Sadness and heartache always result when anyone disobeys God's commands regarding sexual purity." Many promising girls have allowed evil boys and men to destroy their future through early pregnancies. Many youths have died of the dreaded Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) which they contracted through immorality.

Don't be a victim. Are you committing fornication? Repent immediately, ask for God's forgiveness and never allow a repeat of it.

Challenge: "Keep yourself pure all the time"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to overcome all temptations"

Quote: "No excuse is acceptable"

Bible Reading in one Year: Genesis 39: 7-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
Christian Mirror.

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14am On Sep 30, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2017

HONOURING GOD BY YOUR CHOICES
TEXT: GENESIS 39:9

"There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back anything from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?" (Genesis 39:9)

On daily basis, each one of us makes choices: some may be routine and trivial while others may be very crucial to our earthly peace and joy and where we spend eternity. According to John L. Mason, "A fruitful life is not the result of chance. It is the result of right choices." Each time you choose righteousness rather than committing sin, you are honouring God. As seen from the life of Joseph, the devil would spare no effort in making you commit sin. However, he cannot force you against your will. In Ruth 1: 6-18, Ruth chose to return with her mother-in-law to Bethlehem of Judah, even when the picture before her was gloomy. It turned out to be a most glorious decision of her life - because she chose to be with the people of God.

When you look away from the unpleasant prevailing circumstances and follow the Lord Jesus, you are honouring God, and He will stand by you always. Caleb and Joshua chose to walk by faith while the majority of the spies chose to walk by sight and God honoured them before all Israel.

Challenge: "How God-honouring are your choices?"

Prayer: "Help me Lord, not to offend you by my choices"

Quote: "Caleb and Joshua chose to walk by faith"

Bible Reading in one Year: Joshua 24:14-16

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2017

WHO ARE YOU?
TEXT: 1 JOHN 1:22

"Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?" (Genesis 39:9)

Philosophically, your identity is what defines you. The Jews sent their priests and Levites to confirm the identity of John the Baptist when they heard his inspired, robust preaching, that was distinct from whatever they had heard from their own preachers. In a world of unprecedented compromise, the challenge for Christian youths to stand out of the crowd is now more compelling than ever. Can Jesus count you among His own in your school and neighbourhood? Are you genuinely born-again? Many young people do not take their Christian religious beliefs seriously as do those in other religions and occult groups. There are many musicians, comedians and actors/actresses who claim to be Christians but their lifestyles or business practice is very much that of the world.

So, the question comes to you: who are you? Are you for Jesus or for Satan? If heaven does not have your name in the Lamb's Book of Life, make today your day of salvation. Give your life to Christ. Do not be lost in the crowd of those who attend church but are not saved.

Challenge: "Your name must be in the Lamb's book of Life"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to be a genuine member of God's family"

Quote: "Are you for Jesus or for Satan?"

Bible Reading in one Year: Revelation 20: 12

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2017

HEALTHY EATING HABIT
TEXT: PROVERBS 23:20, 21

"Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh. For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags" (Proverbs 23:20, 21)

Avoid over-eating and alcoholic drinks. Eating too much is harmful to the body's metabolism. ln the February 5, 2010 issue of "Cell," researchers at Harvard School of Public Health reported that overeating may destroy your body's regular metabolic response. Hence Benjamin Franklin said, "One should eat to live, not live to eat." People who over eat run the risk of developing health disorders such as diabetes and obesity. Taking of alcoholic beverages on the other hand gradually destroys the kidneys and liver of the drunkard, apart from making him or her a menace to the society. This was why Seneca declared that, "Drunkenness is nothing else but a voluntary madness."

Christians are advised to eat moderately and to abstain completely from alcohol. Habits are not formed in a day but through series of acts. As a youth you can prevent the habit of overeating and drunkenness by personal discipline to avoid the acts. More importantly, God can empower you for the life of victory through salvation in Christ. Surrender your life to Jesus now.

Challenge: "Be disciplined in eating"

Prayer: "Help me Lord, to control my appetite"

Quote: "God can empower you for a life of victory"

Bible Reading in one Year: Deuteronomy 21:20-21

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2017

ABOMINABLE ACTS
TEXT: NUMBERS 25:2

"And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods" (Numbers 25:2)

Sinners will continue to invite God's people to the "sacrifices of their gods," which come in various forms and shapes. The gods, in this sense, refer to every influence "secular or spiritual" that rules over one's life. These include fashion, sports, lifestyles, careers, entertainment, religion, business, relationships and worldviews that do not glorify God which without knowing, destroy the spiritual life of God's people. This was why the hymn writer said:

Yield not to temptation, For yielding is sin; Each victory will help you Some other to win; Fight manfully onward, Dark passions subdue; Look ever to Jesus, He'll carry you through.

Careless Christians, who do not have daily fellowship with Jesus Christ, will be caught in the dragnet of the Devil, bowing "down to their gods" in various ways. But saints who heed the Master's warnings can always shun the enemy's invitations and avoid the attendant abominable acts.

Challenge: "Resist the Devil to avoid falling into his traps"

Prayer: "O Lord, grant me the grace to shun Satan's invitations"

Quote: "Shun the enemy's invitations"

Bible Reading in one Year: Deuteronomy 7:1-6; II Corinthians 6:14-18

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:45am On Oct 04, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2017

BEHIND THE SCENE
TEXT: I CHRONICLES 21:1

"And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel" (I Chronicles 21:1)

The spirit world is invisible to the physical eyes. Humans are generally oblivious of the origin, characteristics, potentiality and operations of the kingdom of darkness. Satan is aware of these and other human limitations and actively exploits the situation to his advantage, stealthily spreading his evil influence around. Thus, working behind the scene, Satan can project thoughts into human minds and persuade people to do his bidding whilst they sincerely believe the thoughts and actions were actually theirs. This was why John Osteen pointed out that, "The primary place of attack by Satan is in the mind and the thought life."

But despite human limitations, we all have a choice: resist the gospel and live as the Devil's slave or receive Jesus Christ and become empowered to rule over Satan and his kingdom! Choose wisely. Resisting the gospel means eternal damnation; receiving Jesus lead to eternal bliss.

Challenge: "Resisting the gospel means eternal damnation; receiving Jesus lead to eternal bliss"

Prayer: "Father, grant me spiritual understanding to know who is talking to me"

Quote: "The spirit world is invisible to the physical eyes"

Bible Reading in one Year: I Chronicles 21:1-27; Luke 22:1-6

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2017

COMMON ACTS THAT COUNT
TEXT: LUKE 21:4

"For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had" (Luke 21:4)

Some acts may appear common and inconsequential before men yet invaluable in the sight of God. While humans applaud those who make high value contributions to the work of God in kind and/or in cash, God evaluates our contributions by our motives. Thus, the widow in today's text was adjudged the greatest giver although her contribution might be the smallest in relative value.

Everybody can contribute to making God and men happy. Eleanor Roosevelt counsels that, "When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die." Beyond material contributions to God's work, little acts of kindness that may not cost much might result in salvation of sinners or restoration of backsliders.

Secret prayer and intercession for the lost are considered high-value in the presence of God. This is the wisest means to "lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (Matthew 6:20).

Challenge: "Sow corruptible seed on earth and reap incorruptible fruit in heaven"

Prayer: "Help me, Lord, to labour for that meat which endures unto everlasting life"

Quote: "Little acts of kindness - might result in salvation of sinners"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Samuel 23:13-17; 1 Kings 17:1-16

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2017

HIS UNSEEN HAND
TEXT: GENESIS 31:29

"It is in the power of my hand to do you hurt: but the God of your father spake unto me yesternight, saying, Take thou heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad" (Genesis 31:29)

Though invisible because He is Spirit, God remains the supreme ruler of this universe which He alone created. In their ignorance, due to depravity, men and women continue to pride themselves in their carnal accomplishments, their might and their power. Yet, "the Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will" (Daniel 4:17). Laban planned to harm Jacob for offending him but God restrained him. He told him in a dream not hurt him. That is a divine intervention. "God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform," wrote the song writer. It was God's unseen hand that guided Joseph to Egypt to preserve the lives of his family during famine; and the same hand put Esther on the throne as Queen in Shushan.

God's unseen hand directs all activities in this world, secular or spiritual, by sinners or saints. We may, therefore, entrust our future into his hands and let Him rule over our lives and guide us into eternal bliss.

Challenge: "Let God's unseen hand guide you in all things"

Prayer: "Be thou my unseen defender, O LORD, in Jesus'name"

Quote: "God remains the supreme Ruler of this universe"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Chronicles 16:7-22

http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org//

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 9:39am On Oct 07, 2017
Nigeria Christians this is a video you should be watching..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPjBzau_W8
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2017

MINDING OUR MENTORS
TEXT: ESTHER 2:20

"Esther had not yet shewed her kindred nor her people; as Mordecai had charged her: for Esther did the commandment of Mordecai, like as when she was brought up with him" (Esther 2:20)

A mentor is a trusted counsellor or guide who tutors and/or provides help and advice to a younger or less experienced person. Mordecai picked up his uncle's daughter, Esther as an orphan and mentored her to maturity and royal majesty. Even after she attained the status of a queen by divine intervention, Esther still honoured her mentor, Mordecai. Many young people are quick to forsake their spiritual mentors and ignore their wise counsels as soon as they think that they 'have arrived' in one sense or the other. Such youths might end up like Rehoboam (1 Kings 12:1-16). However, Esther continued to be faithful to Mordecai after she had become a Queen. Other examples include Joshua who was mentored by Moses, and Elisha, the mentee of Elijah.

Your mentor may be your teacher, trainer, pastor, or youth leader. Follow their good instructions and example. Promotion awaits those who learn well under their mentors.

Challenge: "Learn from others' experiences instead of personal blunders"

Prayer: "Lord, give me good mentors and the discipline to learn"

Quote: "Follow their good instructions and example"

Bible Reading in one Year: Esther 2:1-20; Proverbs 11:14; 15:21-22; 24:3-6

http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org//

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by brocab: 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
I am not expecting you to open up your heart for truth, but I figure if you gonna preach a sermon about Jesus then at least be truthful about it all. Try this one for size, if you are open to the truth-then this video should lead you to your victory, 'This godly man has a great story to share, he had been mocked, threatened, by those in the Church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPjBzau_W8
The truth is out there, open your eye's and learn the truth about Christ, He will set us all free from the slavery that the pastors had laid upon God's people. Jesus warned us by saying-From such withdraw yourselves, give 10% to the widows , give another 10% to the strangers, give another 10% to the poor, give another 10% to the hungry, then in every 3 years give your tithes to the Livites, and the Lord said: then maybe My people will be fed..
Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34am On Oct 08, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2017

MORNING DEVOTION MATTERS
TEXT: MARK 1:35

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed" (Mark 1:35)

It was Billy Joe Daugherty who stated that, "The breakfast of Christian Champions is early morning prayer." The human soul possesses an in-built royal throne, customized for God alone, the Master designer. The more regularly God is invited to take His rightful place in our souls, through devotion, the more fulfilled and godly we become. Prayer, Bible study and meditation are key means of achieving a fruitful devotional life. Regular engagement in these means of grace ensures more permanent communion with our creator, granting us victory against Satan, sin and all the evils around us.

In his book, Answers to Prayer, George Mueller said, "Through reading the word of God, and especially through meditation on the word of God, the believer becomes more and more acquainted with the nature and character of God." Early morning devotion has been proven to be the most effective way of meeting with God due to the freshness of the mind after a good night rest. Therefore, strive to meet with God every morning to acquire power to rule your day victoriously.

Challenge: "Praying is to the soul what breathing is to the body"

Prayer: "Help me, O LORD, to always make room for morning devotion"

Quote: "Strive to meet with God every morning"

Bible Reading in one Year: Luke 18:1-8; Psalms 5:3

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2017

MOURNING OR FEASTING
TEXT: ECCLESIASTES 7:2

"It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart" (Ecclesiastes 7:2)

Most humans erroneously think that life is simply about feasting and satisfying other carnal pleasures. This philosophy of life, otherwise known as hedonism, flows from the depraved heart that we all acquired through the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden. Some of these people falsely believe that there is no life after death, that is, no hell and no heaven. So, they say, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die." But such a lifestyle will lead to eternal damnation, unfortunately! However, we should soberly rejoice with them that do rejoice and weep with them that weep (Romans12:15).

Our key verse today underscores the importance of spiritual mourning, "godly sorrow (that) worketh repentance to salvation" (2 Corinthians 7:10). A mournful state of the mind will enable sinners reflect on their end and subsequently seek Jesus for salvation. The saints must mourn for sinners around them to declare the gospel of salvation to them. Shun debauchery, to maintain our victory over sin and Satan. All things must be done to the glory of God.

Challenge: "Keep your flesh in check that spiritual progress may blossom"

Prayer: "Draw me nearer daily, LORD, that I may become more like you"

Quote: "All things must be done to the glory of God"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-9; Titus 2:1-14

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2017

OUR BELOVED SISTER
TEXT: PROVERBS 7:4

"Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman" (Proverbs 7:4)

The word of God is often personified in the Holy Scriptures. This is because the Word of God is God Himself that "was made flesh" (John 1:1-14); the Word of God is "spirit and...life" (John 6:63). A whole chapter of the Bible is devoted to the invaluable exhortation by the word of God personified as a female, the voice of loving mother, as it were, counselling a beloved child. The central message of this 'loving mother' is for us to "understand wisdom: and be ye of an understanding heart" (Proverbs 8:5). Thus, to embrace the word of God as our beloved Sister means to "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom" (Colossians 3:16). The hymn writer captured it succinctly in these beautiful lines:

Thy word is a lamp to my feet, A light to my path always; To guide and to save me from sin, And show me the heavenly way. Thy word have I hid in my heart; That I might not sin against thee; That I might not sin, that I might not sin, Thy word have I hid in my heart.

Challenge: "Feed on God's word daily for strength to fight the good fight of faith"

Prayer: "Lord, reveal to me the need for your word for my daily survival"

Quote: "The word of God - our beloved sister"

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 8:1-36; 1 Timothy 4:12-16

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2017
Gravas:

The LORD is a mighty shield to the believers as shown in Psalm 91. It is true. Satan fears the saints. All it takes is for believers to uphold the spiritual banners of FAITH and RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Amen, Halleluyah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Oct 11, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2017

SIN OF INGRATITUDE
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 24:22

"Thus Joash the king remembered not the kindness which Jehoiada his father had done to him, but slew his son. And when he died, he said, The Lord look upon it, and require it" (2 Chronicles 24:22).

Joash was only a baby when Athaliah, the widow of late King Ahab, slaughtered all the surviving male children of late King Jehoram and took the throne by force. Jehoiada the priest nurtured Joash secretly until age seven when he presented him to take over his father's throne, to the chagrin of self-styled Queen Athaliah. Jehoiada still mentored and protected boy King Joash until he was established and even reigned for forty long years. In his backsliding, however, King Joash would not heed divine warning from Zechariah, the son of Jehoiada the priest. Instead, Joash directed the execution of Zechariah. What an ingrate! Joash eventually paid dearly for it, though.

King David, the sweet psalmist of Israel, cried out: "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23,24) This should be the heart cry of all sinners, including the ingrates. All ingrates must seek Jesus for salvation.

Challenge: "Ingratitude is an awkward attitude of a depraved heart"

Prayer: "Help me, LORD, to acquire a truly grateful heart"

Quote: "All ingrates must seek Jesus for salvation"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Chronicles 22:10-12; 23:1-16; 24:1-3, 15-25

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2017

THE EMPTY TOMB
TEXT: MARK 16:6

"And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him" (Mark 16:6).

Over the years, enemies of Christianity have invested all manner of resources in their efforts to discredit Jesus Christ and deny His divinity and lordship. But the incontrovertible fact of the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, as evidenced in the empty tomb, cannot be wished away. And this resurrection is the hallmark of Christianity that flags its uniqueness and supremacy over the rest of the world religions.

As Jesus vacated his tomb so may all that repent of their sins and believe in Him also vacate their 'tombs' of sinfulness and resurrect into a glorious life of holiness. You too can rise today, if you would believe.

Challenge: "You can vacate the tomb of sinful slavery today"

Prayer: "Father, please grant me freedom from sin within and without"

Quote: "You too can rise today, if you would believe"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 27:57-28:1-10; John 20:1-18

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2017

PROPOSING PEACE
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 5:13B

"And be at peace among yourselves" (1 Thessalonians 5:13b).

"Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies." This is the submission of Nelson Mandela about those who harbor hatred in their hearts against others. Most of the heart-related diseases like hypertension, stroke and heart attack, have their roots in our psychological states of mind. Bitterness and unforgiving spirit are dangerous for your life. The Bible enjoins the believer to always live peacefully with others. This is a spiritually and psychologically healthy command. You need to take a step towards reconciling with those who grudge against you for the sake of keeping your Christian faith. Do not insist the offender must be the one to initiate the peace move because he/she may not know the danger of not being at peace with others.

As a believer, you know the value of your salvation so you have to treasure it and keep it to the end. Make peace with everyone-colleagues, friends, parents and school mates - today.

Challenge: "Propose peace to those who offend you"

Prayer: "O God, help me to live in peace with others, in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Make and live in peace with others"

Bible Reading in one Year: Romans 12:19-21

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Flee Youthful Lusts by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Oct 14, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2017

FIRST THINGS FIRST
TEXT: MATTHEW 6:33

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33).

The saying, 'Do not put the cart before the horse' is quite instructive and informative considering our subject matter today. The horse is what drives the cart which is normally attached to the back of the horse. You will find out that when the horse is put behind the cart there cannot be any movement. If the horse attempts to move, it will stumble because the cart becomes an obstacle if not placed in the right position. This illustration captures our approach to kingdom priority. Jesus counsels us to seek the kingdom first before the kingdom benefits.

Unfortunately, most modern Christians concentrate on kingdom benefits more than the kingdom itself. They can pray and fast so that they can prosper academically, socially, financially and materially but will never pray with the same intensity for their spiritual development.

Challenge: "Seek the kingdom of God first"

Prayer: "O God, help me to seek your kingdom as a priority, in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Do not put the cart before the horse"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 3:8-12

See more here:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.