Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David (1354470 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, October 31, 2014

GIVING GOD

"Bring ye all the tithes into the store house, that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, said the Lord of hosts if I will not open you the windows of Heaven" (Malachi 3:10)

There is nothing that excites people like a vision to give something special to God. Study great men of God in the Bible, you will find that they have been great givers. The best way to start is to give your life to Christ unreservedly. "My son give me thine heart and let thine eyes observe my ways" (Proverbs 23:26). That is the only way your giving can be acceptable.

Make it a habit to give God your talent, tithes, time, and material resources, among others. There is nothing as nice as being a cheerful giver. When you give according to God's will, there will be provisions in the house of God, and He will open the windows of Heaven, and shower abundant blessings on you. Even for the youth, it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Challenge: "There is no mistake as great as the mistake of not giving to God"

Prayer: "Lord makes me a cheerful giver in your House."

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 9:7

Quotation: "It is more blessed to give"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by brocab: 12:43am On Nov 01, 2014
Two different words tithe and giving, a tithe means percentage, giving can mean less or more. Giving is from the heart, and tithing was a law. And as quoted we are no longer under that law. Read Galatians 3-10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse. V's 24. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
OLAADEGBU:
Higher Everyday
Friday, October 31, 2014

GIVING GOD

"Bring ye all the tithes into the store house, that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, said the Lord of hosts if I will not open you the windows of Heaven" (Malachi 3:10)

There is nothing that excites people like a vision to give something special to God. Study great men of God in the Bible, you will find that they have been great givers. The best way to start is to give your life to Christ unreservedly. "My son give me thine heart and let thine eyes observe my ways" (Proverbs 23:26). That is the only way your giving can be acceptable.

Make it a habit to give God your talent, tithes, time, and material resources, among others. There is nothing as nice as being a cheerful giver. When you give according to God's will, there will be provisions in the house of God, and He will open the windows of Heaven, and shower abundant blessings on you. Even for the youth, it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Challenge: "There is no mistake as great as the mistake of not giving to God?"

Prayer: "Lord makes me a cheerful giver in your House."

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 9:7

Quotation: "It is more blessed to give"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36am On Nov 01, 2014
brocab:

Two different words tithe and giving, a tithe means percentage, giving can mean less or more. Giving is from the heart, and tithing was a law. And as quoted we are no longer under that law. Read Galatians 3-10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse. V's 24. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

For further discussion on your misgivings, see the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1189741/tithes-offerings/125#down

Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by brocab: 9:01am On Nov 01, 2014
First question are you a born again believer, all are you religious? And next question? Do you work? Or are you so desperate that you don't earn enough money at work? That you are willing to lie about the truth, "JUST" to gain Monies, from the poor, the widows, the strangers, the fatherless, and the hungry. And yet the tithing system in the OT was never the way it is today. And are you willing to deceive innocent people, God's people, for "GREED" {Money} are you willing to take that risk" have you no fear in God-and yet Its God who decides where one spends Eternity." You are risking your life to help support those spreading another doctrine, Galatians 1:6. I marvel that you are turning away so soon from him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel. Do you follow the other 612 laws written. And if your child shows disobedience towards you, do you stone him/her to death. Are you a prosperity preacher, or maybe a strong supporter' one who's willing to stand behind them. Because you feel the lord's word in the NT isn't good enough? "TO OBEY." If tithing was in place today' the lord would have said so, Christians are not under the OT law {TORAH} But under the law of Christ. But instead he changed the Old covenant law which was tithing, to a new covenant' Christ came back to full fill the law' to a free will giving. Your choice..Repent-Its heaven or Hell.
OLAADEGBU:

For further discussion on your misgivings see the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1189741/tithes-offerings/125#down

Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Nov 01, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, November 1, 2014

CONQUER THROUGH CHRIST

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13)

Challenges come to both believers and unbelievers. Even the healthy and physically challenged folks are not exempted. Whatever the challenges you face, Christ makes the difference. Have you heard of Phillippe Croizon? Born 1968, he lost both arms and legs in an electrocution accident as a youngster. Yet in August 2012 Philippe became the first person without limbs to swim across the English Channel and the Bering Strait —- the waterways connecting five continents: Oceania, Asia, Europe, Africa and America! He swam the 4km distance between Alaska and Russia in 75 minutes, brazing freezing waters, using specially designed prosthetic flippers!

Paul says in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ ..." As a youngster, you too can depend on God to accomplish great things in life. To make this possible you must never give any excuse for failure. Nathiel Howe says: To do nothing is the way to be nothing. The triple challenges of youths today are the prevalence of sin, sickness and satanic oppression, but you can conquer through Christ.

Challenge: "Disability is not inability until you give up courage"

Prayer: "Lord, endow me with courage for breakthrough."

Further Reading: Isaiah 40:29--31

Quotation: "You can conquer!"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, November 2, 2014

LIFE AND LIGHT

"Ye are the light of the world…Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:14, 16)

William Shakespeare in his great play Macbeth refers to life as a "brief candle." In other words, life is short. The Bible also says, "…For what is your life? It is even a vapour that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away" (James 4:14b). You should shine through the dark night of this world while life lasts. The whole world is presently enveloped in the darkness of all sorts—- terrorism, immorality, child molestation, occult practices, religious intolerance, racism, wars, and the likes.

In the face of all these, believers are expected to be the guiding light and beacon to brighten their communities, and drive darkness away. As a young believer, Jesus has made you light of the world. You should, therefore, live exemplary life in your school, society, home and Church. Obey His command and shine daily by living holy, serving, and spreading the Good News everywhere.

Challenge: "Heroes of faith allowed their lights shine brightly"

Prayer: "Oh God, don’t allow my light to burn low."

Further Reading: John 9:1-11

Quotation: "Jesus has made you light"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, November 3, 2014

MYSTERY OF SUFFERING

"Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf" (1 Peter 4:16)

Suffering is a universal problem which is traceable to the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. It knows no boundary, it strikes all—-black or white, Christian or non-Christian, and rich or poor. However some sufferings are peculiar to Christians. These may come as persecution while others have to do with our wanting to live holy in a largely sinful world. From Jesus Christ to the early apostles and to us today, suffering is a reality.

"Christianity has always insisted that the cross we bear precedes the crown we wear," said Martin Luther king Jr. You may be living holy but facing some challenges. You have prayed but the challenges are still there; yet you see others, believers and unbelievers alike, prosper and seem to be far from problems. C.S. Lewis, faced with this mystery had said, "The real problem is not why some pious, humble, believing people suffer, but why some do not." Beloved, hold on! The Lord is with you and victory is sure. You shall understand it better by and by.

Challenge: "Suffering in the will of God always leads to glory"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to bear all things for your sake."

Further Reading: 1 Peter 4:12-16

Quotation: "The cross before the crown"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00am On Nov 04, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, November 4, 2014

MIRACLES FROM LITTLE

"For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven..." (Zechariah4:10a)

Benjamin Carson's mother dropped out of school in the third grade herself but she pushed her sons to read two library books a week and to believe in themselves. With not much hope in life, she married Baptist minister Robert Carson when she was 13, believing that he would change her life. Ben was 8 and Curtis, Ben's brother, was 10 when Sonya was left to raise the children on her own. Sonya sometimes took on two or three jobs, most of them as a domestic servant, at a time in order to provide for her boys. Ben did poorly in his class, and became the object of ridicule before his classmates. Determined to turn her sons around, Sonya limited their TV time and made them take their homework seriously.

Ben Carson in time attended medical school. As a doctor, he became the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital at age 33, and became renowned for his ground-breaking work separating conjoined twins. The story of Ben shows that anything is possible in life. It is very unwise for you as a child of God to despise the resources God has given to you. These resources include: money, material things, and mental, physical and spiritual abilities. What little resources are you despising today? You can turn them into great assets through prayer.

Challenge: "God framed the world out of nothing"

Prayer: "Oh Lord, let my little become much."

Further Reading: Mark 8:1-9

Quotation: "Little is much when God is in it"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, November 5, 2014

TREASURED TRADITION

"Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown" (Revelation 3:11)

This is an age where it is easy to lose one's focus in life. It is like leaving the substance to chase after shadows. What would make a youth to abandon his studies to join a gang; a person with a promising career to leave it for a hobby that ruins his life? Worse still, some are leaving true Christianity for false religions, cults and terrorist activities. “For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them” (2Peter 2:21).

A Christian youth needs to look into the future to see the direction a social network chatting, a careless relationship with the ungodly and the desire to satisfy a carnal need at all cost would lead. Remember Esau and his birth right, Eve and the forbidden fruit, Samson and Delilah, and Demas’ love of the present. Hold fast your salvation; it is your inheritance.

Challenge: "The simple steps to backsliding are difficult to retrace"

Prayer: "Nothing will take away my inheritance in Jesus' name."

Further Reading: Hebrews 10: 23-27, 35-39

Quotation: "Hold fast your salvation"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Nov 06, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, November 6, 2014

ACHIEVER'S SECRETS

"Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men" (Proverbs 22:29)

Achievers are people who make things happen. They usually have visions, and then set goals and make plans for achieving them. However, no matter your plans, if you are not diligent, nothing will be achieved. According to a dictionary, diligence is “persistent and hard-working effort in doing something.” Rebekah was persistent and hard-working at fetching water for Abraham’s servant and his camels thereby opening the way for other blessings (Genesis24:15-28). Apart from diligence, you need enthusiasm, determination and commitment to realize the vision. Finis Jennings Dake spent 100,000 hours in 43 years to give us the Dake’s Annotated Reference Bible; John Milton wrote Paradise Lost by rising every morning at 4.00am while Noah Webster compiled Webster’s Dictionary in 36 years of persistent hard-work. You too can do something. Get committed to Christ, pray for grace and work harder towards the realisation of your vision.

Challenge: "Work, hard work must accompany faith…and dreams"

Prayer: "Give me grace Lord, to work harder."

Further Reading: Proverbs 6: 6-11

Quotation: "You too can achieve"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
"Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts"

Psalm 119:78
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51am On Nov 07, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, November 7, 2014

A LITTLE SIN

"He that committeth sin is of the Devil; for the Devil sinneth from the beginning..." (1John 3:8a)

Little Don Jerry whined continually to make his mother allow him out of the house to play. When he did not succeed, he told his mother, “My toy train fell down the balcony, and can I go and pick up please?” His mother never realised his trick until he came back with self-satisfaction. Are you like Don Jerry? Have you told lies today? White or black, lie is lie. Many young people tend to play down the seriousness of sin. Do not make light of any sin as all can lead to hell. Do you believe what the Holy Bible says? It says: (1) All unrighteousness is sin, be it stealing, fornication, lying, murder, idolatry, rebellion or hatred (2) The wages of sin is death. Have you ever rebelled against your parents, school authority or God’s Word? If you have done that, the Bible says, “For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft” (1Samuel15:23). Does that shock you? So should all sins do because they are all acts of rebellion against God? Repent of all little and big sins now and obtain pardon.

Challenge: "Sin is like the tsetse fly, spreading disease that creates spiritual sleep"

Prayer: "Keep me from sin, oh God!"

Further Reading: 1 Samuel 15:22-29

Quotation: "Do not make light of any sin"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, November 8, 2014

GLOW FOR GOD

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot" (Revelation 3:15)

The love of this world is what is preventing many youths from serving God today. Do not think that gaining educational certificates, money, cars, lands and houses is the highest form of accomplishment, and therefore become cold towards Christ. David Livingstone was a young medical doctor, yet he left Europe for missionary work in Africa because of his passion for God. Hear him, “God send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. And sever any tie in my heart except the tie that binds my heart to yours.” That was passion and consecration!

As a Christian youth, are you cold, lukewarm, or hot in your relationship with God? The lukewarm Christian will sooner or later fall out of favour with God. To develop passion for Christ, He says, “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten; be zealous therefore and repent” (Revelation 3:19). Repent of the love of the world, pray and read God’s Word regularly; fellowship with the brethren and serve in God’s vineyard.

Challenge: "Your passion determines your direction"

Prayer: "I want to do your will, oh God!"

Further Reading: John 4:31-41

Quotation: "Passionate Christians are busy"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, November 9, 2014

PASSING ON THE MANTLE

"Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me… the same commit thou to faithful men" (2 Timothy 2:1, 2)

In leadership, there is no success without a successor. This means, if in a group, the leader is good but does not train anyone who can step into his shoes when he has gone, he has failed. The mantle must pass on to new leaders who were once learners. In Christianity, the mantle of Jesus Christ was passed on to His disciples. During the Service of Songs at the funeral rites of Nelson Mandela, the minister who preached on how the mantle of Elijah fell on Elisha, declared that the mantle of Mandela, the Symbol of freedom fighting and forgiveness, had passed to all. In your school fellowship, when the serving executive is going, can God choose you as one of the faithful Christians to succeed them? Are you a dependable son as Timothy was to Paul? Pray for fitness for God’s use.

Challenge: "Be ready for service for the Lord"

Prayer: "Lead me, Lord that I may lead"

Further Reading: 2 Kings 2:1-3, 6-15

Quotation: "No success without a successor"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, November 10, 2014

A DEBT OF GRATITUDE

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

A Christian clergy was thrilled when he received a thank you letter from Adriano, the young Italian slave boy, whom he helped to freedom. He realised the boy did not die but managed to escape to safety. A child of God has much to be grateful to Him. You should thank Him for your salvation, health, spiritual and moral preservation; even for the good things you have and for the bad things you do not have. Besides, in the midst of challenges, you should still give thanks to God. “A gratitude attitude helps bring respect and faith. Ingratitude brings complaining and doubt,” says Dwight Balzell. Complaining about our parents, teachers, Church leaders and the government would not solve your problems. However, giving thanks for what you have already received can open more doors. When last did you show gratitude to your parents or guardians for your feeding, clothing and school fees? You should always show appreciation for any kind gesture.

Challenge: "If you are grateful for nothing, you will grumble about everything"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to be thankful"

Further Reading: Psalm 107: 1-15

Quotation: "Have a gratitude attitude"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
‪MBS2014‬ Connect with the Bible Study now.

Today's message is on Multitudes on the Popular way.

http://webcast.dclmhq.org
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, November 11, 2014

SUFFERING SAINTS

"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12)

In 1983, a group of young recruits were going through training at Army Depot, Chindit Barracks in Zaria, Nigeria. One of the male recruits was having a hard time coping with the drills and demands of military routines. His complaints got him into more troubles. At last he burst out weeping loudly like a child: “I will go home. I wasn’t suffering like this before I enlisted.” Some young Christians are like that, they cannot bear a little suffering for Christ. Samuel Rutherford, while in Aberdeen prison, addressed his letters, “God’s Palace, Aberdeen; John Bunyan in Bedford Jail, read the Bible joyfully. Hear him: “I never had in all my life so great an inlet into the Word of God as now; those Scriptures that I saw nothing in before, are in this place…made to shine upon me.” He wrote Pilgrim Progress in the prison. You must make up your mind to go all the way with the Lord, whatever betides. Even in the fire, He is with you.

Challenge: "Rejoicing in tribulations"

Prayer: "Oh Lord, give me the grace to suffer without complaining"

Further Reading: Acts16:16-26

Quotation: "You must make up your mind"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, November 12, 2014

LEARN TO LET GO

"And when you stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any..." (Mark 11:25)

As long as you live in this world, you must interact with people, Christians and non-Christians. Such interactions may sometimes lead to unpleasant frictions and conflicts. You must learn to handle these properly for peace to reign. One of the traits needed for handling such situations is the act of pardoning somebody for a wrongdoing or mistake —- FORGIVENESS. A Christian youth who forgives easily maintains cordial relationships at home, school or in the neighbourhood. If you forgive people, you will enjoy good health and peace of mind. “He who cannot forgive, destroys the bridge over which he may one day need to pass,” says Larry Bielet. Some young people will say, “Over my dead body, I will never forgive that person.” That is certainly not a Christian attitude. Joseph forgave his brothers who sold him into slavery and Jesus on the Cross forgave those who crucified Him. Make up your mind to forgive your parents, siblings, friends and teachers who might have wronged you. Jesus says you must forgive a wrongdoer 490 times. Ask for the grace to forgive.

Challenge: "Forgiveness saves the expense of anger"

Prayer: "Oh God, give grace to forgive all my offenders"

Further Reading: Mark 11:25, 26

Quotation: "Ask for grace to forgive"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, November 13, 2014

DISCIPLE'S DISCIPLINE

"No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier" (2 Timothy 2:4)

An ex-soldier, who fought in the Nigerian Civil war, narrated a story about an enemy spy, who died due to indiscipline. According to him, as the Federal troops retired to their camp late one evening and were eating and interacting, one of them noticed a flicker of light nearby on a tall tree top. The soldiers suspected that the intermittent light was a cigarette light. They followed it up and gunned down the smoker-spy. He was engaged in secret service and yet exposing himself to his enemies. Many Christian youths expose themselves unnecessarily to the enemy of their souls and are being plucked down. Carelessness and indiscipline will make you a prey in the hands of the enemy.” If you want to remain a valiant soldier in the Lord’s army and make heaven at last, you must: (1) control your appetite—-what you take or eat, and (2) abstain from all sinful lifestyles. (3) Above all, read your Bible and pray always.

Challenge: "Do only what needs be done and at the right time"

Prayer: "Lord, deliver me from indiscipline"

Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Quotation: "Control your appetite"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Higher Everyday
Friday, November 14, 2014

WASH AND BE WHOLE

"...if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? How much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?" (2 Kings 5:13)

In his book, Gifted Hands, Dr. Ben Carson narrates the story of how a white woman almost missed a successful brain surgery for her daughter who had a brain problem. She had gone to the reputable Johns Hopkins Hospital to have the world renowned neurosurgeon operate the child.

However on discovering that the expert, Ben Carson, was a black man, she was angry and would have gone home but for the strong persuasion of the white Head of the unit and her child was the better for it. Such was the case of Naaman in our text. He almost missed his cleansing from leprosy because he did not like the River Jordan that prophet Elisha sent him to.

Do you dress like the world because you hate Christian dressing? Do you avoid hard work and follow the path of least resistance (cheating) to pass your examinations? If so, then you are like Naaman. If you are rejecting Jesus, thinking that salvation is elsewhere, you are like Naaman. You need to have a rethink!

Challenge: "Don't allow prejudice to deny you God's blessing"

Prayer: "Wash me, O Lamb of God from all sins"

Further Reading: 2 Kings 5:1-14

Quotation: "You need to have a rethink!"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, November 15, 2014

HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" (Ephesians 3:20)

You serve God who can do all things and make all impossibilities possible. He created the whole world (the planets, trees, fishes, animals, human beings, birds, the oceans and mountains) out of nothing. And if He decides to destroy it, no human opposition through knowledge of science, engineering or technology can stop Him. The unprotected Israelites by God’s miracle passed through the Red Sea safely, but their enemy, Pharaoh and his well-armed army drowned in it.

When God’s faithful children call upon Him in trouble, He helps them beyond their expectations. The childless Hannah prayed for a son and God gave her Samuel, and then later five more children. (1 Samuel 1: 20; 2:20, 21). What is your challenge or desire today? Take it to the Lord in prayer and He will do it for you. But you may say, ‘I am not yet His child.’ You can be right now by confessing your sins and surrendering to Christ as your Lord and Saviour today.

Challenge: "God has no equal; He is Omnipotent"

Prayer: "Oh God, I put my trust in you"

Further Reading: Isaiah 40:25-31

Quotation: "God can do all things"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Higher Everyday
Sunday, November 16, 2014

NO LIMITATION

"And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth" (1 Samuel 17:33)

Many youths focus on their faults or lacks instead of their gifts. But this was not so with David, who rose by faith and conquered in spite of his limitations. In your limitations or disability, there is still something you can do. Thomas Edison was not born deaf but started going deaf from his adolescence and continued into adulthood until he could hardly hear and had to use a hearing aid. The loss of the sense of hearing caused him to make good use of his mind and other senses and he became a great achiever.

Do you have any shortcoming? If you trust in the Lord and pray, your light will shine for others to see. What you must guard against in such conditions are: (1) discouragement (2) self-pity (3) blaming others (4) inferiority complex (5) prayerlessness (6) laziness and (7) absence at church fellowships. Get to know your weaknesses but ignore them and press forward.

Challenge: "There is ability in disability"

Prayer: "Oh God, help me to use my abilities"

Further Reading: Matthew 25:14-30

Quotation: "Know your faults but ignore them"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
Higher Everyday
Monday, November 17, 2014

THE FOLLY OF ANGER

"Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go" (Proverbs 22:24)

Anger is a vice that is found in both the young and old. It is a strong feeling of grievance and displeasure. Knowing the terrible havoc it has wreaked on many lives, relationships and societies, the Bible in our text forbids friendship with an angry person. It was sad news when on March, 25 2014, a police corporal in Ogun State, Nigeria in a feat of anger killed seven people, including his wife, also a police corporal, and finally killed himself with his official gun. It was said to be an ‘explosion’ of a bottled up anger; but whatever may be his reasons, it seems foolish to reasonable people. Adolf Hitler was said to have hated the Jews with a passion and killed six million of them because he was bitter towards them. If you often get angry and do terrible things that you will later regret, then you are either not born again or you have backslidden. You need to pray for salvation and ask God for the grace to live a holy life.

Challenge: "He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty"

Prayer: "Free me from anger, oh God"

Further Reading: Genesis 49:5-7

Quotation: "Ask God for grace to live a holy life"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On Nov 19, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, November 18, 2014

REPENTANCE OR REMORSE!

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now he commandeth all men everywhere to repent" (Acts 17: 30)

There is only a thin line between repentance and remorse, yet it is significant. While remorse is a strong feeling of guilt and regret, repentance is being sorry for a sin committed and changing your ways. Billy Graham says, “True repentance means, ‘to go in a new direction.’ To be sorry is not enough in repentance. Judas was remorseful and sorry, but never repented. The designer of the legendary AK-47 assault rifle, the self-styled “slave of God,” Mikhail Kalashnikov, was reported to have repented before he died in December, 2013 at age 94. In April, 2013 he wrote to the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, “My spiritual pain is unbearable. I keep having the same unsolved question: if my rifle took away people’s lives, then can it be that I am guilty for people’s deaths, even if they were enemies?” This sounds like remorse. Could he have repented? Do you too have sins to repent of? God forgives when a sinner confesses (1 John 1:9).

Challenge: "Have you truly repented or you are just remorseful?"

Prayer: "Have you truly repented or you are just remorseful"

Further Reading: Luke 3:1-14

Quotation: "Go in a new direction"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by Emyben(m): 3:38am On Nov 19, 2014
If we can pray for our nation, then we have done 75% of our civic duties. Anyway Peers, in as much as this is a REligious forum,we can always spare some time to see other sides of this noble forum.The Mr Nairaland Contest continues today Wednesday from 10 to 5pm and kulboy needs ya votes. Can we spare 2 minutes of our time to vote him?
visit https://www.nairaland.com/2001693/mr-nairaland-december-2014-eliminations/37#28141049 and vote him. Lets help our bro wear this crown. May God bless our lives, may he grant us redemption to make us worthy of his presence. Amen
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, November 19, 2014

MEANS OF MEDITATION

"This book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but, thou shalt meditate therein day and night" (Joshua 1:8.)

Meditation is the act of thinking about something carefully, calmly, seriously and for some time. In his book, The Hour That Changes the World, Dick Eastman says, “The person that spends time thinking the about thoughts of God will find great depth and understanding that will touch all areas of his life. It is, after all in meditation that you rise above yourselves (and the world) for the purpose of seeing God’s plan in proper perspective.” The saints of old who had power with God meditated on His Word, will and works. Isaac went out to meditate in the field in the evening as he waited by faith for his bride; Jacob stayed alone at the brook Jabbock where he later wrestled with the angel and prevailed; hidden in the clefts of Horeb, Moses saw the vanishing glory marking the path Jehovah went. Beloved, ensure you are born again, then read God’s Word and meditate upon it to gain great insights for a holy and successful life.

Challenge: "Agitations prevail where there is no stillness before God"

Prayer: "Let me O Lord, learn the art of meditation"

Further Reading: Habakkuk 2:1-4

Quotation: "Rise above yourselves"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
OLAADEGBU:
JULY REVIVAL PROMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didRdXEHAmc

Higher Everyday
Monday, July 14, 2014

NO PEACE PACT

TEXT: PROVERBS 20:16-30

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8.)

Over a century and half ago, a peace treaty was signed to end the four-year long American Civil War, thus ushering in an era of freedom, reconciliation and peace in the country. On the contrary when Christ defeated Satan by His death on the cross of Calvary, no peace accord was signed. The implication of this is that believers in Christ have no peace pact with Satan. Consequently, Satan remains the enemy of God’s people, and hence you as a believer must be on your guard against his evil schemes.

As a Christian, you have no peace accord with Satan. You are enjoined by the Scripture to be sober and vigilant. Focus on God and live for Him. Surely you will be victorious over Satan, and be preserved blameless for the coming of the Lord. If you are not a child of God, you can receive Christ now by confessing and forsaking your sins. He will receive you and help you to overcome Satan.

Challenge: "Be alert; make no room for Satan"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to live above the wiles of the devil."

Further Reading: "Luke 22:31-34, 54-62."

Quotation: "Receive Christ now!"

See more at:
do u attend deeper lyf
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
Vikkyk10:

do u attend deeper lyf

Yes, by His Grace. cheesy
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, by His Grace. cheesy
hmm,i guesd as much,i alsø attend deeper lyf
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2014
Vikkyk10:

hmm,i guesd as much,i alsø attend deeper lyf

How was the Bible study this week?
Re: Higher Everyday — Jealousy: Saul Eyes David by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

How was the Bible study this week?
gud and gr8.Twas talkn abt faith ryt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.