Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Higher Everyday — Love Not The World - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — Love Not The World (1382060 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Jul 12, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JULY 12, 2017

MAKE YOURSELF MARKETABLE
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 18:5

"And David went out whithersoever Saul sent him, and behaved himself wisely: and Saul set him over the men of war, and he was accepted in the sight of all the people, and also in the sight of Saul's servants" (1 Samuel 18:5).

A story was told of Walt Disney who started the popular Mickey Mouse business. In his youth, he was rejected as a cartoonist by newspaper editors who thought he had no talent. Disney was discouraged but a church minister hired him to draw cartoons. While working in a mouse infested shed, he was attracted to a mouse which prompted him to establish the famous world Mickey Mouse business. This can be your story. In our text, David made himself marketable by behaving wisely before King Saul, and doing his work diligently and faithfully. There was no bad report about him. This attracted promotion and favours. David excelled because he was godly and resourceful.

You too can be godly if you invite Christ into your heart as your Saviour. As a youth, you too can make yourself marketable in your family, community, college, church and the world at large. Your talents can raise you to global limelight like Disney.

Challenge: "Strive to excel in your endeavours"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to be wise and diligent in everything I do"

Quote: "David excelled because he was godly and resourceful"

Bible Reading in one Year: Exodus 31:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, JULY 13, 2017

WATCH FLATTERERS' WORDS
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 2:5

"For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness; God is witness" (1 Thessalonians 2:5).

A writer wrote: "There are many ways the enemies engage in battle. But the most subtle and deadly is when the foe suddenly becomes a friend and praise singer of his target. The people who often fall prey to such deceits are those who love the praise of men and want people to massage their egos." Do you love the praise of men? Every youth must watch out for flatterers' words. You become a victim of flatterers when you are proud and crave the praise of men and cheap popularity. Remember, "God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble" (James 4:6).

As a Christian, serve God in spirit and in truth without looking for the praise of men. Like Paul the Apostle in our text, do not use flattery words when you witness to fellow youths. Speak the word of God backed by prayer of faith, and God will convert the sinner. Flatterers' words entrap: watch out!

Challenge: "In your Christian walk and service, focus on Christ"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to shun cheap popularity as I serve you"

Quote: "Flatterers' words entrap: watch out!"

Bible Reading in one Year: Luke 4:40, 41; Acts 16:13-18

See more here:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49am On Jul 14, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2017

LOVE AS CHRIST LOVES
TEXT: JOHN 15:12

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you" (1 Thessalonians 2:5).

Charles Swindall said, "I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun." The question is, how does Jesus love? Christ's love, goes beyond fun; it makes life more pleasant, meaningful and worth living. John 15:13 says, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Beloved, Jesus died to save you from sin and eternal damnation. Have you responded to His love? If not, confess your sins to God now and receive Jesus into your heart. He will shed His agape love in your heart, making you to love as He does. This love is godly and sacrificial; without conditions and is shown towards all-the good and the bad. Let it radiate through you to other youths. You cannot be a true friend of Jesus without loving others as He loves you. The radiance of Christ's love in you will draw other youths to Him.

Challenge: "Reach out to someone with Christ's love today"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to love others as You love me"

Quote: "This love is godly and sacrificial!"

Bible Reading in one Year: John 15:9-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JULY 15, 2017

A STUNNING FRESH START
TEXT: ACTS 2:14

"But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judea, and all ye that dwell in Jerusalem, be this known unto you and listen to my words" (Acts 2:14).

According to H. L. Heijkoop in his work, The Book of Ruth, "True believers do rise up again when they fall." Peter denied Jesus Christ three times, even before two young girls (Matthew 26:69-75), during his Master's trial; he was regarded as a coward and backslider. Again, when Jesus had died he abandoned the soul saving business Jesus called him to. He told the other disciples, "I go a fishing" (John 21:3). Peter seemed to have messed up everything. However, the Lord got him back on track after His resurrection (John 21:15-17). Jesus told Peter and the other disciples, "but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high" (Luke 24:49b).

From our text above, we can see the cowardly or timid disciple, Peter, after receiving the Holy Ghost baptism, showing boldness and high leadership qualities as he addressed the confused and doubting public. Indeed, this was a stunning fresh start for Peter; from a failure to an achiever.

Challenge: "The failure is he who fails to rise again after falling"

Prayer: "O God, give me another opportunity to work better for you"

Quote: "From a failure to an achiever"

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 2:12-16, 36-41

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JULY 16, 2017

RESTITUTE AFTER CONVERSION
TEXT: ACTS 24:16

"And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men" (Acts 24:16).

A writer said, "There is no true peace for he who would not restitute: for at the unexpected moment, he is reminded of what he would not restitute and the heart burns." This is similar to the case of John (not real name), who often stole his neighbour's clothes. One day, John stole an expensive shirt and denied when apprehended. Soon after, the house was sold and all tenants relocated elsewhere. Eventually, John heard the gospel and surrendered to Christ. One day, as John evangelized with his partner, they met his former neighbour and attempted to preach to him. However, he recognized his stolen shirt on John. When confronted, John admitted the theft, wept bitterly, and asked for forgiveness. If he had done the restitution earlier he would have saved himself of this embarrassment and enjoyed a conscience without offence toward God and men.

After conversion, there is the need to return whatever you got in a wrong way and also apologize to those you offended. This is called restitution. Do your restitution before it is too late.

Challenge: "Not willing to do your restitution is not a Christian attitude"

Prayer: "Dear God, help me to restitute, in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Do your restitution before it is too late"

Bible Reading in one Year: Colossians 3:1-17

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, JULY 18, 2017

GOD'S MOTIVATION TO GIVE
TEXT: JOHN 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

Richard Brainstein said, "It is possible to give without loving, but it is impossible to love without giving." God, the Creator, gives us all things to enjoy. Above all, as humanity was doomed for hell because of sin, God gave us the best of His gifts -JESUS-to redeem us. What makes God to give? It is love. Yes, love is the motivating factor. Our text says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son," to save us. Love makes one to give money or material things. It makes one to render services to the needy, to help the helpless and give hope to the hopeless.

When you say, "Jesus loves you," you are talking about His capacity to freely and sacrificially give of His time, talents, energy, spiritual gifts and even His own life for the world. Jesus declared, "This is my commandment, that ye love one another as I have loved you" (John 15:12). Receive Jesus and you too will give in love.

Challenge: "God's love brought Jesus to the world"

Prayer: "Give me the heart to give like you, oh God!"

Quote: "Receive Jesus and you will give in love"

Bible Reading in one Year: Luke 6: 38; John 15:9-13

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19, 2017

SUPPORT, NOT ENVY FOR SIBLINGS
TEXT: GENESIS 37:8

"And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words" (Genesis 37:8).

Envy is an ill-feeling of desiring to possess the material or advantage enjoyed by other people. It is the work of the flesh manifested by unregenerate people who become sad and seek to harm those who are endowed with gifts or are more successful. It was Tacitus who stated that, "When men are full of envy they disparage everything, whether good or bad." From our text, we understand that Joseph's brothers hated him because of a God-given revelation of a glorious future. Similarly, the Jews crucified Jesus because of envy. Indeed, envy is disastrous. Rather than displaying envy, a redeemed youth should support others (siblings, brethren, friends and neighbours) to develop their gifts and actualize their God-given dreams.

You must seek the good of your neighbours and pray for their success even when they appear to be doing better than you are. The envious will sooner or later be disgraced like Joseph's envious brothers. The cure for envy is salvation and sanctification.

Challenge: "God delivers me from envy"

Prayer: "Lord, give me grace to overcome envy"

Quote: "The cure for envy is salvation and sanctification"

Bible Reading in one Year: Proverbs 27:4; Matthew 27:15-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, JULY 20, 2017

OBEDIENCE BRINGS BLESSINGS
TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 28:2

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God" (Deuteronomy 28:2).

The principle of receiving blessings from God in all generations is obedience. Our text says, "If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This "if" clause shows that conditions are attached to the expected blessings. We must fulfill the conditions to enjoy the blessings. Hear what Quarles said, "Let the ground of all religious actions be obedience; examine not why it is commanded, but observe it because it is commanded. True obedience neither procrastinates nor questions." You see, you cannot disobey God and expect Him to shower blessings on you. God gave Adam and Eve the condition for eternal life of unlimited enjoyment and peace; it was to avoid the forbidden fruit. But the two of them disobeyed and lost out. Disobedience to God leads to loss and punishment but obedience brings blessings.

As a youth, do you obey God in all things? Have you obeyed His invitation to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour? Eternal life is only in Jesus. Do not procrastinate, just obey and your blessings will be great in time and eternity.

Challenge: "Obey God and it will surprise you what He will do for you"

Prayer: "Give grace to obey you at all times, oh Lord"

Quote: "Do not procrastinate, just obey"

Bible Reading in one Year: Acts 4:13-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38am On Jul 21, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JULY 21, 2017

IN TROUBLOUS TIMES
TEXT: PSALM 91:15

"He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him" (Psalm 91:15).

According to Charles Stanley, "The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor." This truth is well expressed in the scriptural verse above. It gives us an antidote to all kinds of troubles and tribulations. David, as a youth and an adult had a lot of troubles in life. From the confrontations of lions and bears, distresses on battle fields to the persecution from King Saul. David went through it all. In all these, David found a hiding place in God's presence. He learned to depend on God's promises. He called upon God in times of his troubles and He delivered him. That's why David was bold to admonish us not to fret or fear when trouble comes.

If we call upon God like he did, He will answer us. God heard David because he was a man after His heart. If you are not, receive Christ now as your Saviour and the power to become God's child will be yours. God answers distress calls.

Challenge: "There is no impossibility with God"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to trust you always"

Quote: "God answers distress calls"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 46:1-3

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Christian Women Mirror Magazine

We are glad to introduce to you the AUGUST 2017 edition of the Christian Women Mirror Magazine (LIFE SKILLS for YOUTHS). It promises to be so enriching. Hurry, go get your copies while stock lasts. God bless you!

1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JULY 22, 2017

CALMING STORMY SEAS
TEXT: MARK 4:39

"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm" (Mark 4:39).

Tempest or storm stands for heart-breaking and life threatening problem situations. It could be illness, financial and material hardships, temptations or persecutions. When there is an experienced sailor or captain in a ship, the passengers and crew members are at peace. The presence of the Master of all situations in the ship of the disciples changed their stormy situation from calamity to calmness. All you need do is to call on Him. Melancthon said, "Troubles and perplexity drive us to prayer, and prayer driveth away troubles and perplexity."

What are the stormy situations in your life? Let the Master of the oceans and seas, Jesus Christ, come into your life. He is the one that can bring calmness. He is the one that can turn your sorrow into joy. His presence is indispensable in your life if you want to overcome the stormy seas of life. Lazarus' sad funeral ceremonies turned into joyful celebration because Mary and Martha had sent for Jesus. Call on Jesus and He will calm your fears.

Challenge: "Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go"

Prayer: "I command calmness to every storm in my life in Jesus' name!"

Quote: "Call on Jesus and He will calm your fears"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 91:1-6, 14-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54am On Jul 23, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JULY 23, 2017

EXPLOITS OPEN DOORS
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 17:57

"And as David returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, Abner took him, and brought him before Saul with the head of the Philistine in his hand" (1 Samuel 17:57).

It was William Shakespeare who wrote in his play, Twelfth Night, "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." Where do you place David in these categories? He seemed to have had a mix of the three. Here, in our text, we see him returning from the accomplishment of a great exploit through unwavering courage and faith in God. David was an unknown shepherd boy before he engaged that dreaded Philistine Giant, Goliath. From his exploits as a shepherd boy and a musician, he became a warrior and king: one exploit opened a door to another, bringing him to limelight.

The secret of David's victory over his enemies can be traced to his bravery, diligence and knowledge of God. That was why Daniel declared, "but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits" (Daniel 11:32b).

Challenge: "Exploits come through the knowledge of God"

Prayer: "O Lord, help me to know you more"

Quote: "One exploit opened a door to another"

Bible Reading in one Year: Daniel 11:32; Revelations 3:8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, JULY 24, 2017

JUDGMENT OF CORRUPT JUDGES
TEXT: ROMANS 2:1

"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself: for thou that judgest doest the same things" (Romans 2:1).

The Almighty is a just and holy God. He takes great delight in justice in all matters, whether spiritual, moral or social. He frowns at people who judge and condemn others for the things they too are not free from. He sees such people as hypocrites. It must be condemned whether in the world or in the Church. Hence David Augsburger said, "The imperfection of justice in this life is the strongest proof that in the next world justice and vengeance will be fulfilled to the utmost." The text of today reveals the corrupt practices of human judges who judge and condemn others of wrong doings which they also indulge in secretly. Some judges in the world today collect bribes to free the guilty and send innocent people to jail or condemn them to death. This is wickedness.

Christians who also condemn other sinners, yet are not free from sin are also guilty before God. His judgment awaits them except they repent. Beloved, if you are like them, repent now.

Challenge: "Avoid unrighteous judgment"

Prayer: "Oh Lord, give me grace to be different"

Quote: "If you are like them, repent now"

Bible Reading in one Year: Isaiah 1:21-31

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35am On Jul 25, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, JULY 25, 2017

DWELLING AMONG THE DEAD?
TEXT: LUKE 12:5

"And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead" (Luke 12:5)?

Sinners and backsliders are dead spiritually. They dwell among their likes, the dead. Even when danger is imminent, the dead are deaf to the warning. A decade ago, a sinner had one week to live on earth and was graciously warned to repent by preachers. But he rejected the message, drinking and reeling in his immoral lifestyle with his friends. On a fateful day, he went to work and he became feverish. So he hired a taxi to take him home, but as he was climbing his staircase he slumped and died. The dead in sin are controlled by the forces of darkness and do not hear the warning of God. It is dangerous for a child of God to make sinners his best friends, dwelling among the dead.

Listen to God's command: "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you" (2 Corinthians 6:17). After the new birth experience, make God's children your friends.

Challenge: "Leave the dead, and dwell with the living!"

Prayer: "Make me a friend of Jesus' followers, oh God"

Quote: "Make God's children your friends"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, JULY 26, 2017

LUST DESTROYS PRECIOUS LIVES
TEXT: JAMES 1:14

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed" (James 1:14)

Lust is a strong desire in the heart to commit evil. Mainly, it is a strong desire for sexual immorality. Lust is usually picked up with untamed eyes and developed in a corrupt heart. The Bible warns: "Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids" (Proverbs 6:25). Lust destroys lives, relationships, churches and nations. Merlin Carothers, in his book, What is on your mind, says: "We need to look into the future and examine what could happen if we permit lust to live in our hearts. It is deadly, destructive and powerful." The lives of many youths, like Samson's are being destroyed today through lust. The youths wade through pornographic pictures on the internet, leading to lust. Satan used the lust of the eye to lure Eve into sin.

Be warned, lust leads to spiritual and physical death. Amnon, King David's son died because of it (2 Samuel 13:1-29). If you are into lust, it is time to give your life to Jesus, and be renewed.

Challenge: "Guard your eyes and the loins of your heart"

Prayer: "O Lord, purge my heart of all sins in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Lust leads to spiritual and physical death"

Bible Reading in one Year: Job 31: 1-10

See more here:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, JULY 27, 2017

OFFER EXCELLENT SACRIFICE
TEXT: HEBREWS 11:4

"By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh" (Hebrews 11:4)

The Bible teaches divine ownership of all things. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. Everything we have is given to us by divine providence. So, God deserves the best from us as our Faithful Benefactor. In our text, we see God's commendation of Abel's thoughtful and pleasing sacrifice. This shows that God appreciates quality service and good gifts. While Abel offered an acceptable sacrifice to God from a pure heart, Cain offered an unacceptable sacrifice to God from a polluted heart. Calvin Coolidge wrote, "No man was ever honoured for what he received. Honour has been the reward of what he gave." God honoured Abel for what he gave.

Today, Christian youths can give their time, treasures and talents as sacrifices to God too. However, If you are not yet saved, heaven will reject your offering like that of Cain. In the words of Erwin Lutzer, "It is not enough to do God's work; it must be done in His way and for His credit." Therefore, surrender your life to Christ today.

Challenge: "God deserves the best from you"

Prayer: "O Lord, help me to offer excellent service to you"

Quote: "God honoured Abel for what he gave"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Samuel 6:10-12

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, JULY 28, 2017

WATCH FOR THE LORD'S RETURN
TEXT: HEBREWS 11:5

"By faith Enoch was translated that He should not see death, and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he has this testimony, that he pleased God" (Hebrews 11:5).

Enoch was of the seventh generation after the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden. In the days of Enoch the world was full of sinful acts but Enoch made up his mind to walk with God and to please Him in all things. No wonder, he was the first mortal to experience "rapture." He was translated from earth to heaven without tasting death. He enjoyed this unusual privilege because he was watchful. No one can tell with certainty when Christ will come, hence we must be always watchful. Billy Graham said, "The time-setters and date-setters have no authority for pointing out the time when Christ will come."

How can the Christian youths be watchful like Enoch in readiness for the coming of the Lord? In these days of worldliness, ungodly amusements, false teachings, sinful practices in schools and communities, Christian youths must maintain holiness in the fear of God. They should fellowship with the saints, evangelize, study God's word and be prayerful. The coming of the Lord is near, considering the terrible events in the world today.

Challenge: "Christ is coming for the wise virgins"

Prayer: "Make me ready, O Lord!"

Quote: "The coming of the Lord is near"

Bible Reading in one Year: Mark 13:33-37

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32am On Jul 29, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, JULY 29, 2017

SEEKING GOD'S BLESSINGS
TEXT: ISAIAH 1:19

"If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land" (Isaiah 1:19).

Receiving blessings from God requires implicit obedience to Him. This obedience must cover all areas of our lives. Andrew Murray, in his book, Learning Obedience, said, "From beginning to end, from Paradise lost to Paradise regained, the law is unchangeable-it is only obedience that gives access to the tree of life and the favour of God."

This is important as you cannot disobey God and enjoy His blessings at the same time. To be able to obey the Lord, the first step is to acquaint yourself with Him by repenting of your sins and accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

Prophet Isaiah admonishes us in today's text that enjoying God's blessings is conditional. It is based on our obedience to God. Whether you are in America, Africa, Europe or Asia, the law is the same. Joseph in Egypt, and Daniel in Babylon, demonstrated total obedience to God and He helped them to excel in their endeavours. If you desire God's blessings, you must also be obedient to God by living a holy life and daily serving him.

Challenge: "The ears of the Lord are open to the prayers of the righteous"

Prayer: "Give me grace to daily obey you, oh Lord!"

Quote: "Be obedient to God"

Bible Reading in one Year: Deuteronomy 28:1-13

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, JULY 30, 2017

PRAY BEFORE YOUR NEXT MOVE
TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 30:8

"And David enquired at the Lord, saying, shall I pursue after this troop? Shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all" (1 Samuel 30:8.).

R.A. Torrey advised that, "We should be careful; what we ask from God; But when once we begin to pray for a thing we should never give up praying for it until we receive it, or until God makes it very clear and definite that it is not His will to grant it." God is omniscient; He knows the end from the beginning. That is why it is very essential to consult Him before embarking on any project, vocation, career etc. God will never mislead you if you depend on Him. He will guide you aright if you put your trust in Him.

Learn to lean on the Lord in everything that concerns you. Never stop praying until the answer comes. Tell Him about your choice of subjects or career. Never assume that you know what is best for you; depend on God. Only the saved can access God's guidance. Repent of your sins if you are not yet saved, so that you can be guided rightly in your future plans.

Challenge: "You can access God's guidance by being saved"

Prayer: "Oh Lord, guide me in my plans, in Jesus name"

Quote: "Only the saved can access God's guidance"

Bible Reading in one Year: Psalm 37:32; Isaiah 30:21

See more here:

1 Like

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Jul 31, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, JULY 31, 2017

USE YOUR RESOURCES NOW
TEXT: ECCLESIASTES 9:10

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might, for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest" (Ecclesiastes 9:10).

"There is no man living who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can do," said Henry Ford. Our text of today harps on the essence of prompt hard work. Everyone has a natural God-given potential to become successful. Use your resources to the best of your ability now for you have no need of them after death. Use your gifts creatively and wisely for the good of mankind and God's glory. Hence Martin Luther King Jr. said, "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michael Angelo painted, or Beethoven composed music; or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets well that all the host of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well."

Come out of your cocoon and do something with the resources the Lord bestowed on you. As a student, you should be studious so as to excel in your academic work. Ask God to help you to use your resources well.

Challenge: "Do something with your resources now"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to discover all the resources you have given me"

Quote: "Use your gifts creatively and wisely"

Bible Reading in one Year: Philippians 4:13; 2 Thessalonians 3:6-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, AUGUST 1, 2017

ETERNAL DESTINY OF SINNERS
TEXT: REVELATION 20:15

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15).

No price is too high to pay if one wants to escape hell. Those, who for one reason or another fail to overcome will regret eternally in hell. Gordon Lindsay opined that, "There are those who teach that if there is a hell that it is not everlasting. Yet it should be pointed out that the same word that is used to denote eternal bliss of the righteous is also used to describe the eternity of unbelievers." When a sinner dies, his soul immediately proceeds to hell where, with full awareness, he tastes the excruciating pains that hell offers.

Any youth whose life is characterized by fornication, masturbation, homosexuality, uncleanness, lesbianism, covetousness, anger, dirty discussions, lying, deception and other social vices would be plunged into eternal hell fire after death.

To escape hell, you must be born again. Jesus declares, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20). Admit Christ into your heart today.

Challenge: "Escape for your dear life. Hell is real!"

Prayer: "Dear Jesus, wash me clean now. I surrender!"

Quote: "To escape hell, you must be born again"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 18:9; Revelation 21:8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2, 2017

SHOW PITY BY FORGIVING
TEXT: MATTHEW 18:33

"Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?" (Matthew 18:33)

C.H. Spurgeon noted thus: "To be forgiven is such a sweetness that honey is tasteless in comparison with it. But yet there is one thing sweeter still, and that is to forgive. As it is more blessed to give than receive, so to forgive is a stage higher in experience than to be forgiven. To be forgiven is the root; to forgive is the flower." Forgiveness is a virtue that distinguishes a true Christian from hypocrites and unbelievers. Christ, our perfect example, showed us the way by forgiving those who crucified Him. He prayed God to forgive them because they did not know what they were doing. The martyr, Stephen, full of love and compassion, also did a similar thing (Acts 7: 57-60).

We are expected to love and forgive those who offend us as Christ has forgiven us. Pray for those who persecute or hate you. Never revenge rather, leave vengeance to God. Forgive your debtors. Remember, "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy" (Matthew 5:7).

Challenge: "Forgive and forget."

Prayer: "Give me the grace to forgive, Lord, Jesus."

Quote: "Forgive your debtors"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 5: 7; 18:24-35

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, AUGUST 3, 2017

BENEFITS OF OBEYING GOD'S WORD
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 4:16

"Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee" (1 Timothy 4:16).

God's word is the word of life. It gives full solutions to all issues of life. The sick are healed, and the oppressed and bound are delivered by the word. A sinner gets salvation experience by hearing, accepting and acting on the word of God. Faith emanates from hearing God's word and without faith we cannot please God. "Believe God's word more than you believe your own feelings and experiences," said Samuel Rutherford. The word of God is the compass with which believers chart their pathway through life. Any youth who feeds on the word of God is usually filled with godly wisdom and understanding.

Obedience to God's word brings a lot of benefits. Victory over temptations and other challenges; financial and material breakthroughs, good academic success etc. are possible through obedience to the word of God. If you are saved continue to obey the word of God like Joseph did in Egypt. If you are not yet saved, repent, confess your sins to God, forsake them, and victory is yours.

Challenge: "God does miracles through our obedience to His word."

Prayer: "O God, make your word fruitful in my life, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "It gives full solutions to all issues of life"

Bible Reading in one Year: Isaiah 1: 19; James 1:22

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, AUGUST 4, 2017

HE HEALS
TEXT: MATTHEW 9: 35

"And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people" (Matthew 9: 35).

The Lord Jesus Christ came to the world with a threefold ministry - preaching, teaching and healing. In our text, He went to cities and villages, performing miracles to confirm the power of God. All were healed of sicknesses and diseases, no matter the cause. No wonder the songwriter sang, "He healed them all, the blind, the lame, and the palsied. The sick in body and the weak in mind, whoever came no matter how afflicted, were sure a sovereign remedy to find." Remember, that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. He still heals today. His Spirit and power operate through His servants who go about preaching His Gospel (John 14: 12). Sinners and saints, who are sick, often get well through the prayers of the servants of God.

As a Christian youth, if you are ill, you can go to God in prayer asking for healing in the name of Jesus and you will be healed. You can also pray in faith for the sick, as you preach the Gospel and they shall be healed.

Challenge: "You too can be healed."

Prayer: "Oh Lord, heal me, body, soul and spirit in Jesus' name."

Quote: "He still heals today"

Bible Reading in one Year: Luke 4: 36-41

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY: 05 AUGUST, 2017

WORK THE WORKS
TEXT: JOHN 9: 4

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work" (John 9: 4).

Within the three years of the earthly ministry of Jesus, He worked with a high sense of urgency. Time was of essence to Christ. Otto Von Bismarck wrote, TO youth I have three words of counsel-work, work, work. In our text, the Lord knew He had work to do and He did it with passion. As a youth you have studies to cover within terms, and sessions to finish your syllabus.

Unfortunately, some youths delay their work and start too late. For example, the house chores are delayed until they take over the time for other things. Some youths wake up late and waste time preparing for school and sometimes missing the regular school bus. Homework is sometimes delayed and later done in a hurry bringing poor performance that gives a wrong impression of you to your teacher. The preaching of the Gospel must also be done urgently while you have your mates around. You may never be able to get through to those who leave your school before the next session.

Challenge: "A must in your heart makes you diligent at work."

Prayer: "O Lord, help me to work hard, keeping to time, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Time was of essence to Christ"

Bible Reading in one Year: Matthew 25: 1- 10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2017
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, AUGUST 6, 2017

GROW IN GRACE
TEXT: 2 PETER 3:18

"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).

In the context of our text, to grow in grace means to increase in the image or likeness and favour of God. Grace consists of qualities such as: faith, knowledge, virtue, temperance, patience, kindness and love. A.W. Pink said that, "Love is the queen of all the Christian graces." We have a part to play in growing in grace and without growth the believer will not be steadfast. Adam Clarke said, "Those who content themselves with the grace they received when converted to God, are, at best, in continual state of infancy: but we find, in the order of nature, that the infant that does not grow, and grow daily, too, is sickly and soon dies; so, in the order of grace, those who do not grow up into Jesus Christ are sickly, and will soon die to all sense and influence of heavenly things."

As a Christian youth, are you growing in grace? Whatever level of grace you have, you can develop and grow further by studying God's word, doing it and praying every day.

Challenge: "You too need to grow in grace."

Prayer: "O Lord, help me to grow in grace, in Jesus' name."

Quote: "Love is the queen of all the Christian graces"

Bible Reading in one Year: 2 Peter1:5-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, AUGUST 7, 2017

POSITIVE PECULIARITY
TEXT: 1 PETER 2:9

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9).

Lawrence Mckinney from Tennessee was wrongly imprisoned for 31 years for a crime (rape) that he did not commit. Now 61 he said, "Although I've spent more than half of my life locked up for a crime I did not do, I am not bitter or angry at anyone, because I have found the Lord Jesus Christ." Jesus and His disciples suffered for the gospel's sake and not for crime, yet they prayed for their persecutors. The mark of the Christian is not in the Holy Book he carries about but in his character content, holy actions and reactions to conditions and people.

All Christian youths are called to this unique lifestyle of positive peculiarity. Such traits distinguish them from the ungodly youngsters who react to offences with violence. Wherever you find yourself, prove that you belong to the kingdom of God and the royal priesthood. Your godly behaviour may preach the gospel more than your words can do.

Challenge: "Saints are known by their dress code of righteousness."

Prayer: "Lord, I want to be a peculiar holy youth."

Quote: "Prove that you belong to God's kingdom"

Bible Reading in one Year: John 13:35; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55am On Aug 08, 2017
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2017

PRAY FOR BLAMELESS PRESERVATION
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 5:23

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

A child on his way to school was smeared with mud by a passing car on a muddy lane. Everyone's gaze was cast on him as he walked to school in his badly stained uniform. On getting to the school, he could not freely mix-up with other children who giggled and mocked at him. That is the spiritual condition of a sin-spotted life. God wants His children to be blameless and unspotted from the world. Holiness makes us fit for the heavenly assembly.

Our text today, centres on prayer for preservation in holiness and blamelessness. A youth that is not prayerful will not be able to keep holy for a long time. When you give your life to Christ, you become a new creature. God will be delighted in you while the Devil desires to cause you to backslide.

Hence you must desire to be sanctified. As you pray for the experience, God will sanctify you. To keep this experience, you must continue in prayer and the study of God's word. God is willing to keep you blameless.

Challenge: "A little sin is like a little poison, both are deadly."

Prayer: "Lord, keep me holy by your grace."

Quote: "God wants His children to be blameless"

Bible Reading in one Year: 1 Thessalonians 5:17-24

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:21am On Aug 09, 2017
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2017

GROWING UP INTO CHRIST
TEXT: EPHESIANS 4:15

"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ" (Ephesians 4:15).

Growth is an important characteristic of living things. When a tree stops growing, the old leaves will not be replaced when they fall off. Evidently, that tree starts to die and before long it turns a dead wood. Every believer in Christ is expected to grow in spiritual things. Christian youths grow physically, so they must grow in the spirit and Christ-likeness. But how does one grow? Donald Gee gives the formula, "All Word and no Spirit, we dry up. All Spirit and no Word, we blow up. Word and Spirit, we grow up." Actually, many things make for Christian growth.

Apart from being full of God's word and Spirit, you should pray, preach the word, fellowship with believers and resist temptations daily. We grow up into Christ by growing in grace (faith, patience, love, gentleness, self-control, kindness, etc.). If our consecration and commitment to holiness is reduced, it's because we are not growing. Determine to grow everyday by increasing your study of the word of God and abiding in it daily.

Challenge: "Grow until you get to fullness of Christ."

Prayer: "Let me grow exceedingly into Christ, oh Lord."

Quote: "We grow up into Christ by growing in grace"

Bible Reading in one Year: Ephesians 4: 11-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Aug 10, 2017
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, AUGUST 10, 2017

PURSUIT OF PRIORITY
TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 3:7

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ" (Philippians 3:7).

Priority is the goal of a person or an organization. It is an arrangement of items in order of relative importance. In our daily lives, there are things that are important, very important, and yet, others that are most important which must never be delayed. Your priority is therefore the most necessary thing you have resolved to do and must be pursued vigorously. Charles M. Sheldon said, "Good resolutions are like babies crying in church; they must be carried out immediately." The harvest of cotton must be done before any rain, else the water discolours its white beauty (John 4:35). Our Lord Jesus demonstrated his sense of urgency by prioritizing soul winning above meals.

In today's text, Paul, the apostle, focuses on better achievements. He did not waste time relaxing on past successes. As a youth, your priority must include the salvation of your soul; daily fellowship with God; diligence in academics or the trade you have chosen and maintaining godly relationship with your parents/guardians, teachers, mates and neighbours.

Challenge: "Your value of success directs your pursuit."

Prayer: "Give me grace to pursue godly priority."

Quote: "Evangelize now: who knows tomorrow?"

Bible Reading in one Year: Philippians 3:8-15

See more here:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — Love Not The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, AUGUST 11, 2017

EXCEEDINGLY GROWING FAITH
TEXT: 2 THESSALONIANS 1:3

"We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth" (2 Thessalonians 1:3).

In our text today, the believers in the church in Thessalonica were praised for growing in faith exceedingly. They also grew in charity towards one another. True faith in God makes you fervent in spirit even in trials and persecution. When there is failure, by faith rise up again with renewed hope which makes none ashamed (Romans 5:5). F. B. Meyer declared, "There is no short cut to the life of faith, which is the all-vital condition of a holy and victorious life. We must have periods of lonely meditation and fellowship with God." Yes, during such periods you exercise yourself in fasting, prayer and the study of God's word.

Do you carry out these spiritual exercises? No child starts to walk without aiming to do so. Exercise your faith by believing God for great things. All great achievements require great attempts. Youth that are fearful and cannot attempt the impossible cannot attain the incredible. Are there things you are afraid to do for God's kingdom? Remember David before Goliath. Don't join the camp of mediocre youths.

Challenge: "Faith is the victory mark of true saints."

Prayer: "Teach me to grow in faith, oh Lord."

Quote: "No short cut to faith life."

Bible Reading in one Year: Philippians 1: 25-30

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.